Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val'hala's Interest

Jaster sat in his office, he spend nearly all his day of the last in this office. He was waiting for thee permit, the permit to start construction in the undercity in the outskirts of the capital. Here of course he would mine Phrik in its rare form and then sell it or form it to control the only source in the south west Galaxy.

His assistant then sent him a datalink to a newly approved permit by the government officals. This of course was the time where he would send it over to his construction teams who where waiting for the last month. He forwarded all paperwork and approvals to his assistant where she would handle them till his return.

He took a shuttle to the nearest site where he was constructing the new mining facility. It was a good spot, and all the old residency of the area were payed to leave the area. That was except those too stubborn to leave the rural area stating their housing was historical in nature. Now with the permit from the government he would be able to get them off the premises without paying them.

Their lost.

Conglomerate Security Force we're clambering between housing facilities telling tenets to move out of face eviction without payment. Jaster had to make the appearance that he was at least trying to pay them, and of course there were those who were trying to protest. Jaster a Genetic beasts were able to keep them outside the demolition area. Good enough for him to look good in front of the cameras, but he didn't care much either way, he had the permission of the government.

Security officers did have to forcefully displace some of the tenets and Jaster didn't pay it any mind, it was time to blow these building to kingdom-come.

Jaster a Sheild Operators were to keep the containment of the explosions from blowing out word and distort the top layer of this Living Level. The Captial of Val'hala was much like Coruscant, a layered city with many people living on top of each other. That was why it was so difficult for Jaster to gather support to build a mine in the lower levels. Fear of the pollution contaminating tenets in the layers above, Jaster proved that piping through the layers could vent to pollution to the top layer without interfering with the oxygen filtration systems.

Now for the Fireworks....

BOOM!!!

Well that was smaller then he thought it would be, it was an interesting thing to see building explode from within a sheilded dome, but it only lasted seconds.

The rubble would be cleaned up by the construction droids where Jaster would head back to his officer to meet with the Merchant Board. It was suppose to be a routine boring meeting where they would dictate the price of the metallic ore. Jaster would of course wish that the price be kept down, after all, they were on top of a very large vein virtually untouched by any other company. Jaster after all was still in the process of digging the mine itself to reach the vein where of course he would have to test the difficulty to mine it. It could be a nearly 100% vein and if that was the case, he would have to develop a new drill head for that one mine, and of course that was not easy.

The mine would have multiple Mining Suits for individuals to mine in the depths of the mine. The Drill itself would be a diamond tipped with a heavy duty motor, this would hopefully mine the needed ammount he needed to sell for the first few quarters.

The meeting was about to start.

Matreya

Cocking his head, Damien listened to the murmurs of the Force. A moment then rose. Sliding his Cater Coat into place, he sighed and walked through the doors of his office. Heading for the main entrance-exit to JAC Tower, he waved over his shoulder at the secretary at the desk, "Hold my calls, cancel all appointments. I have some things to handle."

From there he moved to head down the road. Under his arm was a datapad that held the contract signed by he and Jaster. Having to bring it was a likely hood; the Force was warning of possible strife to happen on the planet. From what he foresaw, and knew, Jaster was attempting to steal on a grand level from the High Master of the planet - a man Damien hated dearly but still had to show respect.

At the time he had been the temporary High Master, but Jaster had come to make agreement with the head of JAC, not the planet. Damien had even mentioned that Phrik was not under the companies control! It was recorded in the hololog.

A sound could be heard, growing louder...

A monotonous droning rumble...

Any workers that stood outside of the mine, would immediately feel a weight fall on their shoulders! HERO Class were on the march: over three dozen Warriors, and a dozen Demi-Gods appeared over the horizon with at least twenty REX droids nearby. At the head, clad in a richly embroidered robe - likely worth more than a small home - stood a man of slightly above average height with black hair and two separate eye colors.

It could not be seen what was beneath the robes, but it could be guessed that it was dangerous.

"Who is in charge here?" Zaiden shouted to the miners, then to a few Hero Class warriors he waved them closer: one a Knight, another a Master, "Find the leader of this mine. Tell them the High Master of the planet is here and wondering upon this theft. As well, why there is a mining Headquarters on my planet. I believe JAC made an agreement for an alliance of sorts, so bring in Daemos as well!"

The two warriors walked towards the Mine, then vanished from sight and sensor. They had been trained in stealth by the strongest Force Cloak user alive. But at the same time, a separate fighter broke free and launched into the air, flying to the south towards JAC Tower.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

[member="Damien Daemon"] [member="Razor Shot"]

As soon as the Val'hala HERO Class warriors approached the construction site, the security forces were alerted, alarms went off and the troops were dispatched. As they approached the perimeter of the site, a squad of Conglomerate Dust Troopers and some Conglomerate Security Force officers exited and entered a defensive posistion. These were soldiers and Officer who Jaster hired from the young people of Val'hala, industry had its victims over the planets customs. Money and greed had its grip on the young, even the promise of leaving the planet, to explore the Galaxy like they had never seen before. Taking soldiers from the warrior society was the best plan to spread his empire, but now with weapons trained on their brothers and sisters, they couldn't bring themself to protect the property of those who payed them.

A officer with the security forces shouted, "The Conglomerate controls this mine, speak with Viceroy Jaster Awaud if you wish to speak with the authority who contracted this mine."

Plaza Building

Jaster was interrupted during his meeting with the board, he did not enjoy this, and was brought aside by his assistant, Dar'Taiar. "Sir, we have a problem at the mines with some of the locals, we have to go and meet the security on site."

Jaster nodded and ended the meeting with the board, they were not going to like that one bit. He entered one of the shuttles from the plaza to the lower levels of the city, he then proceeded to exit the transport with his Droid guards. Moving up in his flak vest and admiralty cap he walked up next to his guards who were standing there as well, "How may we assist you today gentlemen, is there something you wish to inquire?"

Being the religious based planet, the number of soldiers drawn from the HERO class, which is where the warriors came from, would be minimal at best, as the religious sect would have bred the ideals into them. The few that could likely be found would be young ones, optimistically merchants children that dabbled in weaponry. The likelihood that any of the men from the planet would pose a threat to those assembled would mean little to Zaiden or those currently near him.

As a few of the Demi-Gods and Warriors recognized allies, they hailed them and demanded they return to the positions allowed them by the gods!

Zaiden watched as a man approached, "I am High Master, Zaiden James-Greyson. Why is a mining facility set up here? I have received no information about it, nor would I allow it. To date there has been a single company allowed to mine our ore; that being M'n'M, a company I began before trading off stocks.

"As well, I would like to bring it to the attention of every man, woman, or Droid here, that this is capital theft. I have every member of the HERO's from nearby on the way to this site at the moment, so expect reinforcements if you believe you may take all of us." Zaiden said, his words carried to every worker through the Force, even those within the mines, "If I am not to be appeased, everyone here will face the harshest of punishments."

Just then the same man that had flown off, arrived nearly simultaneously with the other two sent inward. The flying man bowed low to Zaiden and said, "Daemos it appears is already on his way High Master. He should be here any moment."

Zaiden nodded, keeping his eyes on Jaster, as the dual allies that approached from within the mines stood at Jasters back.

[member="Razor Shot"]

Jaster looked to the man, he then looked to the rabble that followed him, at best they were 10,000 strong. Jasters forces were only a mere 150, the operational protocol for the protection of a Conglomerate faculty. He waved his hand above his shoulder and his troopers lowered his weapons, he did his research of this planet. Its inhabitants were the warrior religious type his kin were, nothing compared to a Mandaloroan Protectorate, but devoted none the less. The men he was able to raise from this world were well payed, benefits better then any world he now owned through bought politians. He doudted this man would be the same, they were religious fanatics.

If he so felt he would have an invasion of droids drown the planet in chaos, warships of every class and every nation brought down to close this planet under a strict quarantine. The war would be bloody, it would be long, it would be costly, and Jaster would loose all his influence and the winner would still be undecided. There was no reason to fight them, he was a buisnessman before a warrior. Yet Jaster still had the pockets of this planet, his organization was a trade powerhouse in the Fringe Space and Unknown Region. Val'hala was slowly becoming the new Annaj, the capital of trade in the South West quadrant. Industry, Trade, and prosperity was washing through the streets like a storm, and the newest demand was Phrik, and Jaster would have it.

"Well it's wonderful to finally meet you sir, I'm Viceroy Jaster Awaud, CEO of Umbrella Interest and Leader of the Trade Conglomerate," he then looked behind him, to the rubble that was being cleaned out by the workers, a small crater was being filled for the construction of the foundation of the mine. Yet no building that would be specified as a mine was erected yet, "As for a mine, I would like to speak with you about that, I would very much like to purchase this land, would that be a problem?"

Zaiden stared, baffled, utterly astonished. This man showed up on his planet, then began making plans against the will of the people, against the will of their High Master! Yes, it had begun before he had returned, but his will was solid! Only those of the planet had rights to the ore, to do with as they deemed fit!

Zaiden stepped forward, then his eyes went milky white for a moment, before returning to their normal Lapis and Scarlet. However upon their return he smiled, before asking, "Do you know what this planet is special for?

"Believing that the Gods willed the Force to be, thus that the strongest are Demi-Gods, with the next level being Warriors. I'm sure you know this though, you seem the type to do homework. Take this into consideration though: I just glimpsed the future and present in an interwoven art. In one aspect, you piss me off, and a hundred Master level Force Users blast you into oblivion. Right there where you stand. Literally to pieces.

"However, there was also the present, that linked with a separate future. One in which you get away, bring recruits, and a battle so long and arduous as to become galaxy wide news ensues.

"Then there was both of our deaths: my men fire on you, and yours retaliate swiftly. I am good, but not good enough to evade everything! But the future connected to this was dangerous! All of my people come together to begin creating Force Storm equivalent anomalies across Mandalorian space! Now, this I cannot have fore in the end, they kill themselves and blow the planet to pieces. Seriously. Its destroyed.

"So the thing I must question before I ask you anymore, is this: why should I involve anyone else? Should I not simply eradicate you myself? Right here and now? Yes, I should. However, I have begun a different type of life. I no longer seek unnecessary death.

"So instead, I will let you speak your words. To try and plead your case. Show me Viceroy, why should I allow you to mine here? Why should I ignore the blatant disregard to logic and law? This is theft. No matter how you look at it! You have no right to this mineral, yet here you are. Asking for something after getting caught attempting to take it." Zaiden finally finished, arms folded across his chest.

Sensing something over his shoulder, he silently gestured to two men to go and send Daemos back to where he had come. Jaster had not denied wrongly attempting to steal the ore, so the original contract was not needed.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] (Just wanna clarify: THIS IS STRICTLY ZAIDEN BEING ZAIDEN. IT IN NO WAY REFLECTS OOC. Had Damien stayed in power, ie Zaiden not returning, this would not have happened. Damien is more wealth driven. Zaoden...other things lol.)

[member="Razor Shot"]

Jaster nearly laughter at the remark, maybe starting a war would be interesting, see the people choose sides. Jaster was a strong believer in the proof and science, the so called Force was no exception. Beside some notable Force Users, Jaster was the Leading Scientist in all knowlage of the Science of the Force. Heck, he was creating a breakthrough in Nullifing the force, 100 meters below them, he even had a prototype. Threating the man with force users, possibly the most entertaining thing he heard all day. He tried not to show it of course, the man was holding the force much larger then he had on hand at the moment, laughing might have set him off.

He turned looking as calm as he did before, looking at this stone figure of a man. He was tough, a true warrior to his world and faith, but Jaster knew that he had already won. Not because he was cleaver, not because he was stronger, not even because he had the large military backing, but because he was richer.

No matter where you were in the Galaxy, someone always had a price, and Jaster always found it. This mans religious vigor was strong, and only a payment in blood would be acceptable to him, and to Jaster that was unacceptable. Yet his followers, no matter how religious they were, no matter how cultural they were, credits was the breaker for everyone. That in combination with not being in the higher tier, Jaster practically ran the two bottom tiers. He offered jobs to only Val'hala Citizens, and they were given top posistions in outposts and ports on the other side of the Galaxy. In the beginning, Jaster only ever hired Val'halans, and with money poring into their homes and life's, they praised Jaster nearly uncontested job market.

"Mr. Shot, your right, I have done my homework, your warriors are possibly on par with the best the Mandalorians could offer to fight in the battle pits, but I'm a businessmen, and being that I'm very excilent at my job and I've done my homework, you see beside the JAC and your other little mining operation, I virtually run uncontested in your planets job market, I have billions of employees and nearly 90% at Val'halan Citizens, I've 139 facilities, 132 ran by Val'halan, I even have the support of nearly all your buisness men, who I ship off their products for free, you may still think your religion will help you, but when you kill me, and let's be honest, Im sure you will, we will leave, and your stuck with billions of your citizens without work, without food, without the ability to call on your Fringe or Protectorate friends, where will you stand when JAC, or the mining company has no more jobs to fill, I've burrowed my organization so deep into your culture, in a few years, you'll be worshiping the next Viceroy and your Demi-Gods will be as rich as kings, instead as poor as gods."

Jaster turned again to the crator where he continued to look into the construction.

(OOC: Jaster is really not ok with being talked down to, so this is him not being negotiable, this does not contribute how we talked OOC.)

(Lol not bashing the info, but Val'hala was designed to be a planet that hid in the open for millenia before finally opening up. So its able to live without outside help. And Its people also are utterly devout. Its like going to India and hitting a cow but trying to throw money at them. Doesnt work lol. Also, GOD DAMN. What tier company are you lol! The biggest companies in the galaxy have like a dozen factories maybe a little more lmao.)

Zaiden laughed, a deep rich thing that lasted a long moment, "This planet has been self sufficient for millennia. No need for outside food, other than delicacies, and no other trade was really required! It simply is done to bolster what we have already!

"If your companies leave, as well as JAC, it will still have jobs. Just because the top tiers leave doesn't mean everything shuts down. Several billion people, and we all only stand around? No. There are other mining facilities, where families can sell their own Phrik at their own prices with all the profit. There are shops, factories, cantinas, clubs, and hundreds of other ways of making an income. There are over a thousand levels, that stretch hundreds of miles on each sections.

"As well, you simply do not understand the religious icon that I am, though I regret it. These people idolize me like no other planet before it. I have seen hundreds of people jump into the path of death simply to protect me! And I did not even request aid!" Zaiden called, then raising a hand to the Val'halans behind Jaster he signaled, and they came, "You see? I am like a God to them. (He literally is. That was the idea behind the planet to begin with.) You would need to be a member of the Gods to receive a level of the respect that I do!

"Money means little to myself, or my people. With what we have, we can still continue; to provide for ourselves and to grow." Zaiden said. Turning to face his men, he called, "Any Val'halans working for this man or his companies is to be confronted and told to return with haste!" His men nodded in unison, knowing their missions. Several pulled forth Holocoms and began sending messages.

"If what you say is true, your workers numbers have dropped extravagantly." Zaiden said, "Even if a few choose to stay be hind, to work, that's 1 in 100,000...so again. I ask. Why should I allow this to continue?"

[member="Razor Shot"]

Jaster couldn't hold it in, he let out a thunder of a laugh, so strong that the ground could feel the shaking, he nearly fell over. He turned back, the worrior with the holocrons continued to transmit. His soldiers along with him pointed their weapons, but Jaster didn't stop them this time, instead he wiped the tears away and looked dead at the man.

"The Trade Conglomerate is a multi-coalition of a number of companies, if you think you can offer the jobs, or the trade, or even the benefits my organization can offer, then you are truely amidst sir, Jaster looked over his men, still having there weapons drawn, they were armed with state of the art gear, mid-century weapons, and training that parred with the average Republic Soldier. Again, he played with the though of a conflict with these primitives, their era of being cut off from the Galaxy was over. "You say you'll have jobs, but will you have the mines of Subturral, or the Crystals of Maramere, or the Trading ports of Denon and Sullust, or the forrest of Endor, maybe you have the medicine of Kamino or the rarities of Alderaan, for the last 3 years I have build an Invisible Empire, your planet the epicenter, Val'hala is slowly being known as the trade center of all the Southwest quadrant, so if your considered a god to these good people, then I guess I would have reached your level, as I have made your planet, the Coruscant of the Fringe."

(OOC: Jaster started the Conglomerate after he was invited into the planet by contract, and under your nose, build an empire that has holdings in multiple tier 4 and above companies. It's nothing compared to the ATC, but we are getting there. Also I only like maybe less them 50 facilities, but Jaster is bluffing as he IC can't really check to see if he right. Also, surprised you didn't know I was talking about the Conglomerate.)

(I knew about a bit of your stuff. Val'hala is a word I search sometimes to check its interest. So I know. And I don't mind, it will help my future goals. However, so we don't keep repeating everything, these people were made by me to be devout as can be. To their gods. Not money. You will not sway Zaiden nor the Val'halans with money, bribes, aid, rarities. You have to try a different tactic.)

"Maybe to a people that worshipped money. To my people you are simply a greedy man. Yes you have paid some, so they will respect you. That does not equate to faith." Zaiden said then sighed, "Can you give me a reason to let you mine? Or are you going to leave my planet?"

[member="Razor Shot"] [member="Damien Daemon"]

This man had balls, it made him smile and chuckle a little more. Even without Phrik metals, Jaster was sitting on billions if not trillions of finachal backing, and this man had the gale to face Jaster now, and threaten him. This was turning into a more eventful day then meeting with his Merchant Board about the purchase of new mining deposits on Subturral. Jaster wished to bury this man under his own faith, sending all his priest, all his Force Users, and all his followers to the depths of the deepest mine and force them into enslavement. It would be an easy process, and he could just blame Fringe Warlords or Rouge Omega Mercs after his organization left the system. This of course would cost pennies on the dollar since the Galaxy was falling into an era of peace and exspansion.

He wouldn't do this though, he along with the Empire and the Black Covents were the only power in the South West to properly purchase or mine Phriks from Val'hala. To start an uprising or rebellion would cost him little, but keep him from the ore too long, he needed it to fuel his new trade empire.

He went through the thought process and proceeded to look the Host Lord in the eyes, "I applaud your stance against me Lord Shot, but to stand against me is a bad decision, I don't wish your power, nor do I wish your position, I nor my organization am not the Fringe Confederation, but if need be we can be worse," Jaster walked forward, ahead of his men, he continued to walk till he was inches from the High Lord and his warriors. Jaster was not afraid of these men, they were nothing more then town militia pretending to be Mandalorians. He looked the Host Lord in the eyes, standing 6 foot, 5 inches, dark brown skinned, wearing a flak jacket and blue dress pants with his admirals hat, he squared the man up, "I am a buisness man, I make larger profits during times of peace then I do in times of war, I choose to settle this the peaceful way, I offer you both the sword and the pen, your warrior cast can fight and die the honorable way, or live the profitable way, as their peoples leader, only you can stir them in the right direction."

As Zaiden tensed, ready for action, he was cut off by several of his men jumping forward. Raising a hand, he stopped them with a gesture. Contemplating his opponents choice of words, he couldn't help but notice it to still be a blatant challenge.

And yet it could be seen as a potential chance at peaceful resolution. It was clear the man was Mandalorian, and as Zaiden had been with them for a time, he knew of their ways. So he had a choice to make: take the bait and attack, or move for the negotiations.

"If I choose the sword there is a lot of bloodshed to be had. Your allies will likely take up defense as soon as possible. This means more battles for my people..." Zaiden said as he raised a hand to his chin, stroking it thoughtfully as he continued to meet the mans gaze, "So I must then ask, basically what I have already; what would be in it for the people of Val'hala to attempt a peaceful resolution? It has to have some form of reciprocation for the Phrik. And simply hiring them to do the work is not what is meant."

[member="Razor Shot"]

Jaster looked to the man, he was evolving, learning. Maybe he wasn't a lost cause like the rest of them, after all, this man was able to find the support of a whole planet of warriors. Jaster was a military leader, a political leader, and as of late, a Corperate leader, he was never dumb enough to visit the idea of leading a people though, that was too much fulishness for him. Yet the man did not take the bait, and Jaster still held his honor, being threatened while I front of his men was a costly move, one he had to be careful with.

Jaster took a step away, his smile washed away and contemplating what he could do, "Well my organization have already purchased a few or you planets so called family buisness mining operations, they still run their businesses, they even work their own schedules, the only thing my organization takes out is buying those metals and selling them across the Galaxy, as of late, the cost of Val'halan Phrik has dropped, with the Fringe gone and the Omega slowly evaporating, buyers are harder to come across,"

Jaster looked to his men, and then to the Host Lord, "Like I said, I make more money in time of peace them I do in times of war, with the Sith and the Republic having peace talk, your ore will skyrocket for personal gear, so I'll sign a deal, exclusive rights to 52% of your ore, full price purchase, but guaranteed purchase, how does that sound to you, Lord Shot?"

Zaiden rubbed a chin, a few thoughts going through his mind. First being, why would Phrik have gone down in price even if from a select planet? As far as he was aware, it had remained the same. His people still sold it at the same costs, some higher than the normal. Second, the larger portion of his planets ore would then be owned by this man and his companies...

"45%, and a discount on your items if ever my people wish to purchase. Of course the full price retained though." Zaiden said finally.

[member="Razor Shot"]

Jaster thought of the counter proposal, it was less then half the planets ore, but still had room for profit. The only problem Jaster had was that he was buying full price, and selling his product at discount, ultimately loosing on both fronts. Facing the Board with such things would end his career quick, lose for the quarter was not acceptable to anyone in corporate.

"Here's what I can offer, 5% discount of Conglomerate Join Products, as well as Umbrella Weapons and Medical Equipment, but 40% of your ore surplus with a 0.5% discount, as a company I need a net gain, not a minor lose in profits, I don't work in a charity sir."

Zaiden smiled; this was something he did not get to partake in any longer. Business. He did enjoy it so! Mulling it over he snapped a finger, "Scratch that. 45%, and those that wish to work for you can return to doing so. But, in place of the discount, something that can appease, I ask instead for first pick of products as they unveil. Thus no loss in profit."

Glancing over his shoulder he became lost in telepathic conversation for a moment. He nodded every now and again, then shook it once. Finally sighing, he shrugged and raised a hand to signal the conversation over.

"It would seem the idea of working for such a massive company is enticing to a larger portion that I believe. They agree whole heartedly with this decision if you agree."

[member="Razor Shot"]

Jaster seemed to bring this to a peaceful solution, he succeeded in retaining the ore, and support among the allies would still be Pro-Val'halan. The board no longer could complain and Jaster could finally return to his goals and missions. The exchange of first come weapons and other conglomerate items would be sold to this leader, and his people. Didn't much bother Jaster, more product in the streets meant more free publicity he did t have to pay for.

"It would seem we have a deal, it will be a pleasure to work along you and your planet people, I will draft a contract and send it to some of your people, good day Lord." after Jaster completed his conversation a holographic display appeared around his figure, in a flash a NN-K Droid stood where Jaster was once standing. To think a powerful man like himself would stand in such a dangerous situation was laughable at best. He none the less though drafted a contract that he then forward to the Government officials for them to sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom