Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Vain Hollow Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
84b8fe4418669d1a4dce00c6b953172b-d7iugkl.jpg

Name: Vain Hollow Citadel

Image Source: flaviobolla@deviantart.com

Intent: To finally flesh out Kaine's abode.

Classification: Mountain Castle

Location: Vain Hollow is located in the Iron Mountains north of the Panathan capital of Canthar on the planet of Panatha.

Affiliation: Kaine Zambrano and the Zambrano Royal Family.

Description: Vain Hollow, vile keep of the tyrant Zambrano, is built deep within the Iron Mountain ranges north of the plains of Canthar and the capital city of the same name. The castle itself is built on a vast barren plateau perpetually covered by volcanic ash from the nearby volcanos that renders the entire area devoid of plant and animal life, as nothing could live in the harsh environment. The castle itself is extremely large, and is comprised of several levels that progressively get smaller and smaller the higher one rises until only the massive central spire is all that remains. Battlements and massive guard towers comprise the levels surrounding the central spire, which hold barracks within themselves to house the many guards of the Zambrano family.

Behind the lowest level walls are various courtyards filled with statues, gardens, fountains, and other pieces of art and architecture. Beside them are numerous training fields dedicated to forging the newest generations of Guard to serve the Zambrano family till death, and are often harsh and often feature large fighting pits where trainees hone their skills against each other. Besides the open expanses the lower levels also feature large homes to house the innumerable lesser servants who are bound to the will of the Zambranos by either dedication or by some dark magic. They are often crowded and unfurnished, with a single bed allocated to each servant to sleep upon, and nothing more.

The upper levels are filled with chambers for the more respected servants of the Zambrano family, but the upper echelons are comprised of the Zambrano's personal wings and quarters. There are only a few beings besides the Zambranos that have been allowed into the upper spire of the citadel with the most notable being the servant Sekairos, who have formed a close relationship with the Zambranos through dedicated servitude. The upper floors are the most exquisite and well-kept, the floors being comprised of shining black marble, and the walls made of tightly packed permacrete bricks over thick durasteel walls. Kaine's throne room is at the very apex of the spire, which connects directly with the Emperor and Empress' private chambers.

Besides the massive spiraling complex, the castle also features a massive underground dungeon compound that runs deep beneath the volcanic earth the castle is build upon. The winding labyrinth was designed by Kaine Zambrano himself, and only he is privy to it's entire layout and it's secret passages and chambers. This is where the Dark Lord of the Epicanthix conducts his most vile experiments on those unfortunate enough to be kept in captivity deep beneath the dark lifeless earth, and those that are doomed to never see the light of day ever again. The castle also features several hanger bays such as larger cargo bays further down the castle for the movement of goods and people, and the private hanger bay of the Zambranos higher up in the tower. The outer walls also feature an array of various defensive emplacements.

The current number and arrangement of defenses are as such:
  • Three Surface-to-Air Missile Emplacements: The three are situated higher up on the castle's walls, one face north, one facing southeast, and the other facing southwest.
  • Four Dual Turbolaser Emplacements: The four are situated towards the base of the castle, one facing northwest, one northeast, one southwest, and the last facing southeast.
  • Various smaller gun emplacements meant only for infantry combat, which can be uprooted and moved if need be.

History: Vain Hollow was built shortly after Kaine's conquest of the Pacanth Reach in the following months after the Old Empire's defeat and subsequent fragmentation during the Great War, and serves not only as Kaine's home, but also a monument to his cruelty and vanity. The construction of the entire castle took several months, during which the royal family stayed in temporary quarters that would move with each subsequent major additions to the castle as a whole. When the final project was completed the royal family moved into their new quarters at the very top of the massive castle, with the servants living below them. Many slaves died during the construction of this unholy behemoth, and their bones have become integrated into the thick walls of the castle, and some superstitious lot claim that their lost souls haunt the lower echelons of the castle in eternal unrest.

Links: N/A

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Very nice, Could I just get a defenses count somewhere so there is no potential for whining later on. Other than that, we'll be good to go.

Delila Castillon said:
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Very nice, Could I just get a defenses count somewhere so there is no potential for whining later on. Other than that, we'll be good to go.
Defenses edited it.

The current number and arrangement of defenses are as such:
  • Six Surface-to-Air Missile Emplacements: Three are situated on the lowest tier of the castle, while the other three are situated half-way up the castle's central spire.
  • Ten Dual Turbolaser Emplacements: Four are situated on the lowest tier atop the ramparts; four more were placed higher up on the castle, and the final two were near the quarters of the royal family near the apex.
  • Various smaller gun emplacements meant only for infantry combat, which can be uprooted and moved if need be.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

This is a much larger defensive set up than I originally thought. As such, I will require a development thread as has been required in the past for such submissions. Something centering around the location is preferred, especially the armaments you have. This shouldn't require more than a ten to fifteen post thread to accomplish. Please tag me with concerns or when the thread is complete and inserted into the submission.

Delila Castillon said:
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

This is a much larger defensive set up than I originally thought. As such, I will require a development thread as has been required in the past for such submissions. Something centering around the location is preferred, especially the armaments you have. This shouldn't require more than a ten to fifteen post thread to accomplish. Please tag me with concerns or when the thread is complete and inserted into the submission.
I would rather lower the defense count than waste time with a dev thread, and thus I have edited the number of defenses.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

That is also acceptable. I have no problem with the "smaller various guns", I just feel your count on the first two are a little high with no dev thread. Change it if you prefer and let me know.

Delila Castillon said:
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

That is also acceptable. I have no problem with the "smaller various guns", I just feel your count on the first two are a little high with no dev thread. Change it if you prefer and let me know.
Is three SAM emplacements and four turbolasers fine? That's down from six SAMs and ten turbolasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom