Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Vahla Homeworld

It's been many years now...many, and nothing has been done about the Vahla Homeworld, I've attempted to discuss it with many other members who at one point in time wrote a Vahla character, granted now it seems there is a very small handful of us. Nothing has been written, no submissions, or anything in an attempt to bring more Lore and put this planet on the map that I've noticed worth mentioning. Seems the new popular thing right now is bringing life to Canon Planets with hardly anything and putting them on the map. Is anyone doing this for the Vahla Homeworld? If not...well, I just might attempt, again.

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

The entire point is that their homeplanet has been lost. You are right that the Vahla community has been small and at this point very small, but hey, still.

This goes to Daedalos Solidor Daedalos Solidor as well if he wants to codify parts of the Ember. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me and Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano about it. We can provide good info on what we did with the Ember at one point or the other.

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner Amea Virou Amea Virou Daedalos Solidor Daedalos Solidor

So, these are my thoughts on the subject:

Though I have written a Vahla for the last five years now (Albeit not as long as Romeo or probably Amea), and while I have actively used the Ember of Vahl throughout this character's story, I have purposefully avoided bringing their world back because that is the crux of the species' narrative. Getting their homeworld back would, in my opinion, halve what it means to be Vahla. Their loss is what makes them interesting and it is an issue that should not be fixed.

Our community is indeed small, but that is also one of the reasons I have avoided bringing it back. We are small, so let's not take that away from future would-be-Vahla.

If interest lies in searching for the world, that is of course perfect, granted that it is an unobtainable goal.

If interest is to establish a world that some believe might be the homeworld and that they now live on, that is fine too. We can have many worlds we call home. Hell, we made Tython our home for a hot second.

If you want to codify the definitive, historical homeworld of the Vahla species, I emphatically disagree.

Amea Virou Amea Virou Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano

I absolutely respect and agree with you,

but

I would also like to point out that this is an alternative universe, and while yes future Vahla might be a little confused by why there is now a homeworld, that is kind of a given with Roleplay Forums. Mandalorians and the Witches of Dathomir for example. They're not exactly following things that are entirely familiar right now.

And as stated many times, the writer's are more than welcome to ignore that it exists. I also know that Isolda was working on submitting the homeworld before she left.

but

I'll go with latter and create something assumed to be apart of Vahla history rather than something Canon. It's a nice meeting in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom