Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship V-FODS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://pre15.deviantart.net/28f4/th/pre/i/2014/059/d/0/star_wars_imperial_dropship_by_adamkop-d78b1cw.jpg
Affiliation: The First Order
Manufacturer: Vitiate
Model: V-FODS Shuttle
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass
Material:
  • Quadanium Steel (Frame)
  • Durasteel Steel
  • Transparisteel (Windows)
Classification: Dropship
Length: 35m
Height: 12m
Width: 7m

Armament: 4
  • 2x Rotating Laser Cannons (Fore)
Defenses: 1

Squadron Count: Flies in clusters of eight.
Passenger Count: 30.

Special Features:
  • Standard Life Support System
  • Standard Navigational System
  • Standard Targeting System
  • Standard Sensor System
  • Large Passenger Capacity
Maneuverability Rating: 4
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

Strengths:
  • Speed: Travels fast for a dropship with little extra equipment.
  • Capacity: Increased quantity from past Imperial Dropships.
Weaknesses:
  • Lightly Armed: No weapons, save laser cannons for anti personnel for clearing a landing zone.
  • Lightly Armoured: Thinner plating. Cheaper, faster to make, lighter.
  • Shields: Zero shields.
  • Cluster: The soldiers are packed like sausages within.
Description: Quick and easy to make, relatively cheap, Vitiate under the direction of A’sharad Graush began designing and construction on the V-FODS (Vitiate-First Order Dropship). The ship was to serve one purpose, to get troops to the battlefield in a quick manner. What the ship sacrificed in armour and shielding like the TIE Fighters of old, they made up for with speed and maneuverability, allowing them to get to destinations faster, but not necessarily safer than other heavier armoured ships of its type.

A single stray turbolaser shot was capable of likely shooting down the dropship due to its light armour and a lack of shields.

A fairly large dropship, but packed with plenty of soldiers, they were akin to a pack of hotdogs with how tight-knit they were in there, with little room to maneuver or reposition before landing. Yet, Stormtroopers were trained to be disciplined and suffer through horrible conditions, a ship such as this was hardly the worst experience they could gain as a member of the First Order's Stormtroop Corps.
Development Thread: If needed
Intent: Make a different sort of dropship than the First Order currently has.
Who Can Use This: The First Order
Primary Source: N/A

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Asharad Graush"]

Looks good but the ratings.

0 Defence rating ?

where 0 is a man in a space suit hanging on to an engine, 10 is typical defense, and 20 is heaviest defense with heavy plating and multiple layers of shields.
I can go with around 4 rating on the armament I guess.

This flying can of hot dogs, although is literally a can and I see that is your aim, I feel the speed and maneuv. are a bit over the top. Perhaps 3 speed, 4 maneuvrability ? Drop 'em straightforward ? What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom