Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Uystrao System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Name: Uystrao I and Uystrao II

Region: Expansion Region
System: Uystrao
Suns: 1 K-type Main Sequence Star
Orbital Position: Habitable Zone
Moons: None
System Features: None of note
Coordinates: Directly between Mayferria, Selvaris, and Gratos in the Expansion Region (I don't know the grid coordinates fully)
Rotational Period: 30 hours
Orbital Period: 410 Days

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 14,153km (Uystrao I), 13,844km (Uystrao II)
Atmosphere: Type I
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Approximately standard
Primary Terrain: Grasslands and arable fields for the most part. Large mountain ranges locked in ice near the poles.

Native Species: Uystraoan Wheat, Uystraoan Blue Barley, Uystraoan Gold, Uystraoan Red Tabac, Uystraoan Giant Orb Squash, Uystraoan Royal Hops
Immigrated Species: Humans, Twi'leks, and a wide variety of other species.
Primary Languages: Basic
Government: Representative Democracy
Population: 500 million
Demonym: Uystraoan
Major Imports: Manufactured goods, technology, labor
Major Exports: Agricultural goods, raw materials, Tabac, alcohol ingredients
Affiliation: None so far

Major Locations:
  • Landfall - Uystrao II's capital "City". Essentially a very large town, the head of the planetary government resides here, as does the main bulk of the government. The planet's only major spaceport is located here as well.
  • Firstfall - Uystrao I's Capital City and the first major city between the two planets. Considered a small city by modern standards, the elected head of Uystrao I's government resides here with the rest of the government. It holds one of the major spaceports on Uystrao I within the city limits.
  • The Northern Peaks - The northern mountain range on Uystrao I, the entire range is locked in ice and snow. Expeditions have been launched, but few return. Those that do fail to penetrate the giant walls of frozen ice. Legend speaks of great treasure or possibly hidden temples at the most hidden locations, but none has found them. Winds and weather seem to kick up and prevent aerial observation or even landing beyond the ice walls any time something flies overhead to investigate. At least one exploration group was lost attempting to do so. It is the only location on both planets that is still considered a mystery.
Culture:

The culture is fairly straightforward. As the main bulk of the population are farmers or work with the agriculture of the planets directly or indirectly, the vast majority of the population places the hard work of farmers at the highest value. Farmers are seen as noble laborers and the vast majority of successful politicians or entrepreneurs on the planets have their roots in agriculture and often own vast tracts of farmed land. As such, the political system often caters more to the farmers and laborers over the needs and desires of the more industrial minded individuals.

The planets' population are strangely religious to an extent. The people on both planets follow a monotheistic faith called 'The Path' (the followers are often referred to as Pathians) centralized on an all-powerful female deity commonly referred to as "The All Mother", "The Lady", and "The Goddess" with the latter being the most prevalent. The faith seems to uphold a more pacifist belief system with strong agricultural and seasonal ties, though it is not uncommon for the religion's followers to rise up in self defense as seen by occasional pirate incursions.

The people of the Uystrao System are generally peaceful, quiet farmers and are often reclusive from the rest of the galaxy. Large corporations are often prohibited on the planet and while the society is primarily agricultural, the people there enjoy a fairly standard level of technology. The planet has no real tactical worth nor any real military benefits aside from agricultural production. The population is not sufficient for military conscription nor is it sufficient for an industrial manufacture basis.

The actual social structure is fairly simple. The farmers and laborers form the basis of the economic and social ladder. Above them are the traders, merchants, and craftsmen who operate based on the farming industry. Above them are the larger farm owners and business leaders. Above all else are the politicians who run the planet. The farmers tend to permeate all levels of the social ladder, not just the bottom rung, meaning many traders, craftsmen, business owners, and politicians often are or were farmers of various levels.

Separate from this are the Pathian clergy. The clergy of the Goddess are predominantly female, though there is a strong minority of male clergy. They often inhabit small temples and churches dotted through the landscape and usually lead a small congregation of farmers, laborers, and other such individuals. In the small towns and within the cities the temples are usually larger and the congregations bigger, but the goals of the Pathian clergy are the same: to spread the Goddess' Path to the population. They are respected to the same approximate levels seen towards the farmers, though this varies from region to region and temple to temple.

Technology: Standard
History:

Little is known about the planet's founding, though most agree it was before the Gulag plague. The planet was more or less reclusive and secluded to begin with and while the plague did devastate the population, it was a pale shadow compared to the rest of the galaxy.

The planet has always been self sufficient and saw many centuries of quiet prosperity and agricultural expansion. Both planets were populated during this time and the vast majority of the surface on both worlds was converted to farmland. Various expeditions were launched into the polar mountains on both worlds, though of the four, only three have been explored. The Northern Peaks are still considered a mystery to most and a curse to some due to the inability to scale the ice walls and seek out what lay behind them.

As the plague lifted and the planet was rediscovered, the population of the two worlds greeted the rest of the galaxy with what could be considered mild interest, a small amount of amusement, and a tired yawn. Aside from an influx of new technology and places to export the foodstuffs the planet produces, there was little change to the average Uystraoan's day, something that still holds true now.

Notable PCs: None at this time.
Intent: To create a unique planet that features a rare planetary system setup. Also, to create a dedicated agricultural planet that companies and PCs can use for whatever they like (short of blowing it up). Lastly, to create a planet that is special because it's not a giant city, industrial complex, holds restricted materials, hidden superweapons, giant killer creatures, etc. It's just a binary planet system that is essentially a big farm. Oh, and they grow Tabac.

[member="Popo"]

This planet is UNDER REVIEW - meaning that has been given a quick look, and it will be looked over more in-depth by myself or a Codex Judge. You will then be tagged when we either request edits, or have no edits to request (a.k.a. insta-approve).

[member="Popo"]

I love the detail and the thought out culture, but there is one thing which irritates me a bit. It's the fact that there's hidden stuff here. But as they say, abuse and suffer.

Also, I would like to point out that it's best to submit planet and its species' submissions nearly simultaneously so that after all species get approved, the planet could be approved too, or whatever else happens.

This time, I am going to let this trough, mostly because the planet is really simple by its concept. Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom