Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utinni! A Witch!

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"It's not the first time I would actually be described as a genius, but thank you"

Yes, she knew it would do no good for him to continue learning Force-powers while in such levels of pain, while realizing that his mental defenses made the knowledge infusion more painful than anticipated, she stopped infusing knowledge. There are four items left on her initial list, two of them can be cleared out in one fell swoop. Even if my estimate of being a one-in-a-millon kind of genius was correct, there are still millions of geniuses at my level in the galaxy at a minimum, that's just the truth of what being one-in-a-million would imply. He was not under Neural Storm-levels of pain, sure, but he certainly can't keep learning that sort of stuff under such levels of pain, she thought, while realizing that pain has a special signification for those inclined towards the dark, especially as for how one could keep using the Force. Perhaps her intellect was behind part of the mechanisms that kept her from suffering the more deleterious effects of the dark side, just that she could tell him a thing or two about how one's state of mine may impact the replenishment of one's Force-batteries.

"True, I do realize you have pretty big headaches, just that, before your pain has subsided sufficiently for the next Force-lesson, I have to tell you how are people's Force-batteries recharged. It seems that pain is often part of accelerated recharge mechanisms used by dark-siders, while light-siders preferred meditation and inner calmness, with just plain old rest being used by everyone"

See with eyes unclouded by hate
When she finally let up with the memory rub he took a deep breath. Calming himself down from the pain. He listened intently to what she said. Remembering what Kimiko said about darkside meditation and how before he met her, was what he did. Often dwelling on the radical turn of events that brought him here. "Okay... I'll try and meditate." Feeling like that was the calmer and less intensive of the two ways of recharging himself. Taking some more deep breaths to try and calm himself even more.

A'Runda would then take a seat on the hard desert ground. Crossing his legs to make himself more stable. It may take a little while, but out here on his trips alone on Tatooine he was getting a pretty good hang of it. In fact he was meditating out here by himself before he sense Janick arriving. Taking another deep breath he closed his eyes and began to focus. Soon he was feeling the Force around him in a more heightened state. Feeling it flow through all things. From the planet as a whole, to Janick standing in front of him. To even smaller beings like the profoggs underneath them. It was all so peaceful, and soon the pain he was just feeling felt like a distant memory. Feeling the soothing nature of the Force. He was already feeling more refreshed. The reason he was choosing to meditate was because he thought it was the wiser of the two choices. The Tusken knew he was more then capable of accomplishing darkside meditation.

After a few good moments of letting himself recharge he opened his eyes once more. Blinking some behind his mask he got back up. "Alright, I think I'm nice and fresh again. I'm ready to continue."

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

"Drain Knowledge: the knowledge I infused you about the pitfalls of Memory Rub is mostly applicable to Drain Knowledge, too. The biggest difference between Drain Knowledge and Memory Rub is that you are forcibly stealing knowledge from someone by copy-paste. Don't worry about me forgetting anything at the hands of Drain Knowledge: I was subjected to it many times by people who wanted to learn it as a learning aid, and I never forgot anything because of those folk"

The one thing he may have realized that could make the task of draining knowledge from her more difficult is the mountaineous amount of information Janick's memory held. She was a little special in that respect: what caused her to be invulnerable to accidentally forgetting information through Drain Knowledge would also make it so that people could drain more knowledge from her per unit of energy spent. Not that she minded, just that she wouldn't usually expect a beginner in Drain Knowledge to learn the fundamentals of a given skill in one shot at the power. Soon he will realize why I wanted to teach Memory Rub and Drain Knowledge to Ki as a bundle... she thought, realizing that, even though at first glance they may look different, on account of the side effects they are more similar than one would usually think. But out of the choices she is about to give A'Runda to learn using Drain Knowledge, the most exotic is by far Neural Storm: while she successfully used the spell once, she feels that she can potentially use it with a blast radius, with an actual mental storm brewing within that range.

"Choose among one of the following to use Drain Knowledge on me for you to learn: Force-lightning, Force-fear, Force-cloak, Neural Storm, but pyrokinesis and cryokinesis are off-limits because they are best taught as a bundle. Before you make your choice, I'll be happy to tell you the differences between each, to describe the other three in a nutshell"

A'Runda thought for a good moment he'd had learned about the other abilities, but he wasn't sure about them all. He personally always wanted to learn Force Lightning. Sure it was pretty standard but he felt like it come in handy in more ways then just combat. Lightning was energy, and energy certainly had its uses. "Okay, I'll try to learn Force Lightning from you." The Tusken said, making up his mind.

Raising his hand up to face her, he closed his eyes, and once again reached out in the Force. Soon he could feel himself delve into Janick's mind, it feeling like a vast oasis of knowledge and experiences. If their minds were libraries then his was a small town community library, while hers was that of a sprawling metropolis. Nonetheless he had to take the knowledge he sought. But then a sly expression crept on his masked face. What if he could kill two birds with one stone? No, there must be a reason why she told him to only do one. So he would following along with her instructions. Eventually he found what he was looking for. Not much longer he was beginning to understand how one could use The Force to produce such intense energy.

Finally getting what he wanted he withdrew his hand. Looking down at it he tapped into his more negative emotions, mainly his frustration. Then little sparks cracked, and bits of electricity flowed in between his fingers. However, the energy made little scorch marks on his cloth covered fingers. He was probably gonna need to get some new gloves before using this power fully, so that he doesn't ruin his clothes. However, the drain felt like it took a little more energy from him then he was expecting. Looking back up to her he spoke. "Well Miss Janick, does our lesson continue more beyond this point?"

"Now I believe today's lesson should end here: we have reached the point where any further learning of the Force is becoming counter-productive. Maybe tomorrow we can continue. If you have other questions, you are still welcome to ask them, so long as you're not asking for additional Force-powers"

He must have realized that channeling negative emotions, such as frustration and anger, through one's nervous system was the key for using Force-lightning. And that's why there was only a spark when he tried it: he had no energy left for anything extra, having drained quite a bit of energy to wade through her memory for that particular bit of knowledge. Plus the big reason why I didn't want him to use Drain Knowledge for learning pyro/cryo was because the sheer size of that data packet associated with these two items, even when accounting for the bundling, was perhaps a little excessive for his energy pool and skill at the power, she thought. But Janick was curious as to how he perceived her to be different from Kimiko, from whom he learned meditation and telepathy. And also how he perceived Kimiko in the first place. It was obvious to her Kimiko was important to him, and not simply because Ki was the person that awakened him to the world of the Force, with Janick taking him much further along that road. Before she could call it a day, she would like to ask a question about that... Hapan Kitsune to him.

"It's entirely possible I'm different from Kimiko to your eyes. If so, how?"

A'Runda nodded, feeling more then accomplished for the day. "Don't worry Miss Janick, I don't really have any questions. Although, is it okay that I just call you Janick?" He said, perhaps it would make him feel more like an equal. Looking over the horizon on the canyon top they both stood on he let out a sigh. It was just starting to become dusk out. Seeing the twin suns shine across the land and the blue cloudless sky.

But then, he was caught off guard from her question. She clearly didn't beat around the bush he was sure about that. Perhaps that was something he liked about her. She tells it like it is and gets her point across. Nervously he scratched his head some, and tightened the wraps around his head. He wasn't really sure what to say. A'Runda didn't even know what his feelings were towards Kimiko. She to him almost seemed like a savoir then a teacher. Taking in a deep breath he stepped closer to her. Looking into her eyes thought the lens covering his. It wasn't until now that he saw that they were almost the same height, him just being a little bit taller. "Well yeah, I do see you differently from Kimiko. Other then of course being two different species. You smart, probably the smartest person I know, and using the Force to drain you I can say that with confidence. And dare I say, you're quite gorgeous on top of all that. Even though you seem a little direct to me, I can like that about you." It was clear he wasn't holding back how he felt about her. She asked, and like before with teaching him he followed through. "Now if you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about me?" He was hoping she'd be honest with him like he was with her.

"Gorgeous? I acknowledge as much; however, I know for certain that, even while accounting for the wide variety of beauty standards, my level of beauty is much more common among humans or Near-Human races than my level of intellect would be, so, while I am pretty, I never seem to regard my body as extraordinary. Since you mentioned it, perhaps my estimate is a little off, but there's about one person in a million at my intellectual level. Oh and you can call me Janick, too"

True, Erin once described me as having one of the most resilient intellects in the galaxy, but while she's still brilliant, she wasn't one-in-a-million. To think that I was as high-profile a genius as Jessica? Possibly; if the one-in-a-million estimate was correct for me, it held true for her, too. I don't feel she is any smarter than I am, nor that I am any smarter than she is, at least not based on what's publicly known. We're two geniuses with different knowledge bases and different uses for those, also we have different intellectual compositions but with the same magnitude. In a sense I feel it's pointless to attempt differentiating at higher levels of rarity, since one-in-a-million is the upper sensitivity limit of the most common tests administered for special educational needs, she thought, while the suns were setting over that region of Tatooine. For sure A'Runda was different from other students she ever had as a FU trainer, even Kimiko, whom he described in terms of species alone. But perhaps he could be willing to eat blueberry ice cream, of which she had a bag of powdered ice cream on standby, knowing she could just freeze it using cryokinesis.

"As a student, you're different from the typical fare: most of the people I taught to were people that came to me to learn either alchemy or the more exotic mental powers. Plus you seemed humble enough, although more fraught with anxiety or frustration; perhaps you would like blueberry ice cream or a different meal"

"Well Janick, from in the eyes of aTusken, you're quite beautiful." He said gently putting a hand on her shoulder. "And I since I'm saying that now, I'm sure the more I get to know you the more attractive you'll become to me. Living in a society were every wears the same identical clothes it's not hard to find that someone you know very well can be the most beautiful person you'll ever know. So it's not hard for me to see just how gorgeous I believe you are." A'Runda felt like he was being very honest with her. Never really sharing something like this with anyone before.

Now it was no secret that he seemed attracted to Janick. After speaking he withdrew his hand from her shoulder. Perhaps he was simply too trusting of her. Was he speaking of his thoughts of er a little too early. From how someone like him was raised it did take awhile to find one attractive. For someone like her to find him, and not be wrapped up completely was something that he seemed to really like. Then she spoke of him being quite different from most other students of hers. Which didn't surprise him, he didn't know of very many people with his background. Then she spoke to him of sharing something to eat. Speaking of ice cream made him think back to when he first had some when he was one his own. Thinking it was such a great thing to experience on a planet like this. But perhaps this was just a way for her to see the man behind the mask.

Nodding he spoke. "Sure, I wouldn't mind sharing some blueberry ice cream with you. It would be nice after a the rather long day I've had." He replied, only beginning to loosen the wrapping that held his mask together over his head.

"I'm hungry, too" she answered A'Runda while she was preparing the ingredients for her meal out in the desert.

Thus she prepared three containers, two of which contain powdered, soft blueberry ice cream and the rattan basket contained frozen fries. But, on the road, when she expected to be away from food markets or restaurants, she often brought frozen stuff in her craft's cargo hold: they usually store well in spaceflight. In effect, she was taking heat away from the ice cream and putting it into the fries, with the realization that she did, in fact, use pyrokinesis as well as cryokinesis for cooking this meal. A little mundane, but maybe he would like to drink Asobi 95% tihaar afterward; that was the one booze she brought on the go without fail. That one drink where most of the ads comprised Griet's likeness and/or her own, due to their roles in the discovery of the base drink on Asop. Now that the pyrokinetic process was over, there was steam over the fries and the ice cream would wind up being rather cold - sure, not as cold as Hoth or Ando Prime, but still cold enough to help out when one spent the day among the desert sand. Yet, Janick ate fries before she would even think of eating the ice cream, confident it will remain cold enough for her needs once the fries were finished.

Slowly he began to take off his wrappings. He had never really shown his face to anyone outside of his clan. But there was no way he was gonna be eating ice cream with his mask on. Doing the final parts he gently pulled off his mask, revealing his face The beard he began to understand made him look older then he really was. Janick could also see the traditional Tusken tattoos that surrounded his right eye and went down the side of his face. It continued down some more of his body but they couldn't see it being covered up.

Looking over what she was doing he watched. Seeing how she included little fires with this little snack they were having together. Seeing how she used the Force to prepare the food he thought was a little amazing. A'Runda would lean down before taking a seat on the dusty ground. Eyeing the lowering suns once more. A little later he saw that the ice cream and fries were done. Taking one of the tries he popped it in his mouth and ate while getting his ice cream container. He'd never has blueberries before. The only ice cream he'd had was chocolate. Taking a little spoon to it he would take some to eat. The cold, frosted cream tasted great. It was nice an cool, perfect for a long day out in the desert planet training. "Thanks Janick" he said looking back at her. "For both the training and the snack." He added with a warm smile, this time not covered up by a mask.

"Pyro/cryo will be a lesson for next time"

As will Force-cloak, Force-fear, she thought, while reminded of how to go around using those things: one would need to use anxiety and fear for Force-cloak and Force-fear respectively. But there were still questions remaining: was he one for alchemy? Mentalism? True, she might know some of the more exotic stuff to be difficult to handle properly, just that she wouldn't be deterred. Still, all good things had to come to an end. The time has come for her to say goodbye, she had to return to Confederate space on alchemical business; besides she couldn't dally too long in Imperial space. She didn't have the chance to have him sample the Asobi 95% tihaar, but better keep it for another occasion. The witch collected the food containers, while eating her cup of blueberry-flavored ice cream; blueberry-flavored ice cream never tasted so... good to her. Time to get going indeed. The implications were that she would probably return for him in the future but she mustn't make him expect her to come back, but she had to leave on good terms, or else her return would be quite different.

"It's time to say goodbye"

"Well that's something for me to look forwards to then."

As she finished her cup of ice cream and put away the container he looked once more as the suns set over the horizon. To him he felt like the setting the rather quite romantic. Plus in his opinion the sunsets on Tatooine were the best in the galaxy. Not that he really knew of very many other options. As one of the suns disappeared the other began to follow, sneaking away from their sight. Today was one of the few days away from his clan that he could feel lucky. Not just because he learned more about the Force, but on top of that he got to meet a rather lovely women in the process. Standing up he began to prepare to ready up his Tusken mask. All the while he looked at Janick. He chuckled some from her statement though. Seeing as she wasn't asking if it was time to say goodbye, but just stating that it was. But he guess that he was right. Before he covered his face again he spoke to her. "Well Janick, it was a pleasure to meet you, and to learn from your expertise in the Force. I guess that it's time that I take my leave and head back. Nights here can be just as harsh as the days. Don't be a stranger Janick." He said with e sly simile and a wink, all before covering his face once again. After that he stepped back with a silent wave before turning away from her to head back to his own ship.

What a great day.

And then Janick returned back to her craft; she would probably suspect the Imps' ground-based patrols would not venture into the Jundland Wastes at night, especially considering the hazards of desert in the night-time. And also that A'Runda would cherish that one day with her at least until he could call himself a spellweaver. Perhaps I'm a dream come true to that apprentice: beauty, genius rolled in one person. Beauty? It's an alchemical makeup I'm using, because dark-side. Jessica, on the other hand, can keep a youthful appearance because she remains light-sided and doesn't abuse the Force. What's clear is that few FUs would even see how the mind trick, Memory Rub and Drain Knowledge relate to each other, much less teach all three in one session, in that order. It's not that other FUs don't have the brains to consider more exotic stuff like Memory Rub or Drain Knowledge, it's just that most of them prefer what can be used in direct confrontations. Speaking of Memory Rub, it might be dark but I'm not using it for malevolent uses, she thought, prior to initiating the pre-flight checks prior to taking off from Tatooine, flying one parsec to Geonosis, happy to be away from the Imperials' eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom