Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Usenye Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.
cEh1CR.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To Sub a unique Heavy Armor for Dhakarta
  • Image Source: James Ku - Please note, armour would be bulkier than pictured
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: Heavy Armor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Blasters: High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: High
- EMP/Ion: High
- Sonic: High
- Force: Average
- Acid: Low
- Radiation: Low
  • Classification: Multi-purpose
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Resistances: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
DESCRIPTION
It's a very dangerous galaxy. Sometimes light armour just doesn't cut it. For those times, Dhakarta made herself the Usenye Armour. It is absolutely not ehr go to, but when she knows she's going to be under heavy fire with mixed attack types, the Usenye does a very good job of keeping her alive and in one piece, and giving anyone who's out to make her hurt a very bad day.

Strengths:
  • Turadium - The majority of the surface and armour plating on the Usenye is Turadium, making it highly resistant to lightsabers, though it should be noted that three or four cuts in the same place could penetrate it unlike beskar. It is likewise highly resistant to blasters.
  • Maalraas Leather - All joints, elbow, knee, neck etc, are covered in Maalraas leather, making sure no sneaky lightsaber strikes can take off Dhakartas head or the like. It is also blaster resistant
  • Agrinium Mesh and Diatium Threading - An agrinium mesh laced with diatium leading to the electrical capacitance belt and then the dedicated powerpack, neutralizes almost all Ion, EMP and Electrical attacks, with the added bonus of helping shield from any stray radiation and converting EMP and Electrical attacks into more power for the ever power-hungry Usenye.
  • Impact Gel - The Impact Gel layer Dhakarta traded her alchemical knowledge to one [member="Khonsu Amon"] for the use of helps to prevent damage from Kinetic attacks. While a large number of such attacks would be theoretically blocked by the Turadium plating, the sheer impact from being struck hard enough, or exploded at will often do internal damage. This is greatly lessened by the Impact Gel.
  • Sonic Damper Generator - This ensures that a simple force scream isn't enough to drop Dhakarta out of the race, as well as making sure and explosions or the firing of slugthrowers don't deafen her. Always a concern on a busy battlefield.
  • Living Sphere - Embedded within the chestpiece of the Usenye is a miniature and imperfect living sphere. It absolutely cannot cut off an enemies connection to the force. What it can do is absorb some of the energy of force attacks being used against Dhakarta, making them less effective and draining the user more than the regular use of that attack would on its own.
Weaknesses:
  • Heavy - Like, don't go out on that ice and make sure the floor you're standing on is solid heavy. It also gets tiring lugging this around. While she can still run short distances and manoeuvre fairly well, there will be no force aided acrobatics whatsoever while wearing this suit.
  • Power Intensive - If someone did manage to take out her powerpack, She would immediately lose almost all the bells and whistles, and this is not the sort of armour you can fight for three days in a jungle in, unless you have air support dropping fresh powerpacks every half day or so, as 12 hours is about the maximum charge you could expect.
  • Not Waterworld Friendly - While it is Insulated relatively well, unless you like waiting on the bottom of a body of water for your oxygen to run out so you can slowly die, this is not a great option.
  • Pain to Equip - You don't get the Usenye on in two minutes or less. Nor would you just hang out in it. It's heavy and not fun to wear and made up of several layers that need to be put on just so in a specific order. In short, Dhakarta would only be found wearing this if she knew she was going into a fight and had a good fifteen twenty minutes of prep time.
  • Acid - An offensive weapon which is seeing more use in the galaxy, other than the time it would take for acid to eat through the Turadium, the Usenye has no defence against it, particularly the joints
  • Force Foolishness - The living Sphere cannot be used while within a Ysalamiri or equivalent field, though seeing as there would be no offensive force attacks for it to weaken at this time, it's a bit of a moot point. Still.
  • Hackable - Through the integrated comm/holo link, the HUD which controls many of the suits features is in fact hackable to someone with the skill, and as this is not one of Dhakartas strongpoints, her only recourse would be too shut the whole thing down, rendering much of the suit useless

[member="Dhakarta"] Nice job on such an in-depth sub. That being said, the armor seems to cover too many bases, with some of the weaknesses being incredibly circumstantial or moot points. I'd certainly suggest considering adding another weakness or two or expanding on some. For example, the powerpacks you mentioned. How much power does this suit go through.

[member="Cairyn Midore"]

Hello friend judge! Thanks! I tried to put a lot of thought in to it, sorry if it was a bother to go through. I definitely agree that it is pretty beastly so I'm happy to work with you to make it more balanced. I don't super want to drop the rating on the main methods of protection, just because logically it seems to me that if you were making heavy armour it would be shielded against the basics, but if it gets to the point where you think it's necessary I certainly will.

I've made it hackable, to encourage other sorts of opposition. Since a lot of the systems are integrated, and the weapons would also likely be fired, aimed etc through the HUD, this is pretty major in my mind, but it does require creative writing on the part of my opponent, which I like to encourage.

Is this okay or did you have some additional ideas?

[member="Dhakarta"] Thank you for working with me. I totally understand a reluctance to alter ratings - you lug this ridiculously heavy and not always fashionable stuff around, you should get something out of it, right? Personally, I think making it hackable is a nice solution, especially since you've straight up mentioned that is an area your character wouldn't easily be able to counter. It adds a nice, personal, touch of gravity to that sort of circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom