Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Use for Hypergates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea came up in the plot and storyline for the Sith Order-Empire of the Lost War, but mechanically it serves no purpose. I think it could be very interesting and add greater depth to the map game if Hypergates were able to be used to make continguous extensions of a major factions cloud, to expand out like any other hex, but more importantly in my opinion, allow for major factions to launch invasions from a hypergate they own to a hypergate owned by another major faction.

I believe this will as stated add more strategic depth to the map game, via making control of these rare hypergates very important both for defensive and offensive purposes, which then will also allow them to be interesting story points, as they became in the Sith Order-Empire of the Lost War, which the control of Hypergate Florrum became an important goal for both sides, for differing story reasons.

To a degree, this would be an extension of the Vassal State Mandate that is already in place, however, unlike that mandate which can be used to establish the "State of X" group of hexes anywhere, these would be defined by the hypergate in which they emerge, and in my opinion would only begin out as a single hex (the Hypergate itself), before having to expand out, unlike the vassal state which starts with three.

Additionally, though I believe there has been trepidation in the past of allowing a faction to have hexes outside of the main hex, I do believe at ICly the hypergates allow for a believeable reason for why it would be possible logistically, the hypergates allowing for resources and reinforcements to arrive from the core territories, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom