Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

Mira tugged at the hood that hung at her back, debating whether to just draw it over her head and turn back.

She wasn’t in any danger here, not physically at least. District 1 was the shining jewel of Denon. The Pentaplex. Upcity. Yet somehow, her senses felt sharper here than it had in District 11, where her rundown apartment overlooked a concrete park long overdue for a public works renovation. It was a heaviness in the Force that made her cautious. Not the kind that spells the danger of a nearby attacker, but the sort of mental congestion that comes with shadowy places.

Mira knew what these Corpo types were like. In the Upcity, a smile could be just as deadly as a venom-soaked vibroknife. But she couldn’t let herself back down in the face of paranoia. She just needed to find her contact, and make her case. It was as simple as that… but even so, Mira’s lightsaber hung by her waist should she need it.

The Jedi Knight kept her pace, hood down and red hair tied up, towards the meeting spot. Former Senator Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides would be waiting, and there was much to discuss.

new-small-bar.png
- Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

Upcity was in a constant state of rebuilding and flux... it was designed that way. Compared to many of the other districts it had a whole different sense. The shield dome that made for an air purifier so they didn't have corporate smog to light pollution from the other districts on the other side of the gap. Crisp clean ocean or what equated to one as it took up an area and was able to give both beaches and beachfront properties to some of the higher paying ones. Their entertainment district was what people came here for... dozens of concert halls for shows... expos and the like. Massive in design and the smaller shops which had cafes that were there to entertain as well as feed.

Ayumi's Tower sat near the center of Upcity and it gleamed with the other buildings around it. THe various levels designed to provide space for thousands who worked there. From her office her lift could go down to the lowest garage where her Ironmonger Division was. Ex Republic soldiers and tech who had been here and on Manaan and were skilled with their armor support. Cato had taken care of most things so that she could walk among the streets with no real danger now. Criminals here were less the stab you in the back or face to rob you and more the grifters who went for the credits without the risk of bodies piling up.

She moved and went towards the meeting location, such a surprise and as far as she knew... this wasn't some former lover... which was a plus but clandestine meeting locations in such a place were always fun... she loved it during the Senate days. She stopped at the one place and wondered how to approach it... should have worn a hat but her coat was more than enough as it went down to her ankles long hair behind her shoulders and she slid her hands into her pockets allowing the force to expand around herself and sense what was around her.

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

Senator,” Mira said with a respectful nod. She wasn’t sure how else to address Ayumi - ‘Miss Pallopides’ was too pedestrian, but under the circumstances, she supposed anything would suffice.

She was here on rather uncomfortable business, so flattery and clever word play were just unnecessary steps to the goal she had in mind.

The Knight cleared her throat.

I’m Mira. Mira Quinn,” she added. “I’m here on behalf of the New Jedi Order.

A quick cursory glance to make sure she hadn’t said those words too loudly. Not that Denon was some hotbed for Sith or anti-Forcers, but it did lack an NJO temple for a reason. Mira figured the Corpos didn’t want a band of holier-than-thou Jedi sniffing about and reporting back to Coruscant - and in a way, she didn’t blame them.

After all, Mira fled the Core only a short few years ago to join the Rimward Jedi.

Thank you for meeting me, by the way. I know this must be odd for you. It’s odd for me.

Even as a Spectre in the Outer Rim, Mira didn’t snoop this much around the lives of the common people. Her duties had her scanning Outer Rim systems for signs of Sith, or breaking up slaving rings in League space. Investigating Corpos? That was SIA work.

But who was she to question the Council?

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

"Oh I am not a senator anymore. The Republic is long gone in many peoples eyes and I have never had the urge to try and rejoin under the newest Alliance." SHe said it and offered a smile while looking at her and took stock of the woman.. she was here from the New Jedi Order which was interest and she motioned. "Come walk." THe smile remained and clasping her hands behind her as she went it was just casual. "But odd is not how I would put it my dear jedi?" She said the last as a question... be sent by the jedi didn't always make you one. "I mean being asked to meet a woman in a clandestine location away from prying eyes.... If I had a credit chit for everytime... Well I would have a few."

She said the last with raised eyebrows but kept going. "So how can I help you? I had already agreed with Dominique Vexx Dominique Vexx of how best to use some of the technology of Upcity to aid in the other surrounding districts." Looking at the district itself well she had to admit it was beautiful. She turned her head though while walking and using the force guided her feet rather than need to use her eyes. "But do not fret, if you need to be a little odd in how you handle this situation please go ahead... I rarely judge harshly... and have a fondness meeting new people." Her hands guiding the way now so they could move and go around.

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

The corners of Mira’s lips curled in a smile. Of course, she was trying to show what she felt was proper respect in referring to Ayumi as ‘senator.’ Perhaps they dropped the title altogether after their term is ended? Mira shrugged slightly. She didn’t know the least bit about the Senate or its idiosyncrasies.

What she did know is that Dominique Vexx Dominique Vexx was no longer in a position to dictate how Upcity’s technologies are distributed to the rest of Denon. She’d been replaced by Senator Larr, a Corpo sleezebag of there ever was one. Mira eyed Ayumi carefully before speaking as much.

Vexx isn’t- she’s not- Balthus Larr Balthus Larr must not have gotten the memo about your arrangements with the former senator.

She sighed. Did Ayumi not know that Senator Larr was just as bad as the rest of the Corpos? Or had she been fooled into believing the other districts weren’t in a state of chaos? Rumors of terrorist violence in District 7 had filtered into the SIA network, and Mira was completely caught off guard by the extensive lockdown in place there. Her contact in the SIA, Aurorae Aurorae had strong suspicions of power abuse on Denon, but things seemed so much worse than Mira imagined now that she’d seen it for herself.

Simply landing her ship on Denon without official CAD authorization was a nightmare of its own.

Senator- erm, Ayumi…? I wanted to ask you a few questions about the Corporate Authority. If I can count on your discretion, of course.

She didn’t want the DireX board to know that someone was snooping around. There wasn’t any kind of official investigation or sanction against them, leaving Mira largely unarmed when it came to red tape and tight-lipped CEOs. But Ayumi was in a privileged position.

Mira figured she knew things, and hoped the former senator’s insular style afforded her the capability to share some insight without attracting unwanted attention.

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

Her eyebrow raised. "I doubt he would, THe old senator sought me out as opposed to me going after her interests.... and this new one I don't think has even come to the Upcity." SHe did offer a bow of her head. "But discretion and questions are fine." She said it and motioned with her hands for them to be able to go someplace simple enough. "Though I am unsure what I will be able to add, I largely try to avoid the other districts. We rarely even saw darkwire involvement let alone other corpo interests. Just an isolated district on the far end... everyone wants to be number one and at the front after all."

She said it and was looking around the area seeing the beauty of it but she wouldn't want to be at the forefront of Denon again... too much work and little results would come through... Upcity would serve to just thrive as needed. She looked at the woman though. "If anything there is few things I believe I would be able to add or do with another senator so if you are here involving here... I might not have answers but I am more than happy to help you get them or just provide a place in Upcity to relax... or swim... or eat. We have a lot of things to do and that is before the beautiful entertainment cafes and dinner shows."

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

Mira disguised a frown behind pursed lips as she listened to Ayumi.

That’s okay,” she said. “I’m not entirely interested in Senator Larr, actually. It’s the Corporate Authority I’m here to investigate. And their opposition.

She paused a moment, inching to make way for a young couple to pass by.

What light can you shed on the DireX board? Or on Darkwire?

If the rumors were true, Darkwire was behind the attack that targeted Master Noble. CorpSec would have pulled every stop to crush them after that. She wondered if they were extinguished, or just licking their wounds somewhere in the city.

They would prove valuable assets, if they were still around. But if not, there were undoubtedly more cells like them on Denon.

Her sources mentioned a new crew on the rise in Denon’s Midnight Zone. Maybe Ayumi knew something about them? That’d be her next question.

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

"They exist... I am not entirely certain who is in charge or where." She said it and wasn't the glowing font of information... Darkwire and most others avoided their district which meant more freedom and why it had a thriving invisible economy and marketplace which had more credits than others could see at times. She looked at the woman. "I don't have new information, I barely have much current on the things. I wasn't exaggerating when I said that I stay in the Upcity... we have a lot of things going there and managing some of our own gangs are important. A balance as it were and with some of the rebuilding efforts we have rebuilt the temple and invisible marketplace. Credits in the tens of billions change hands and it keeps some away because even a small cut of it can mean a great deal."

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

I see,” the Knight said, her voice drifting as she realized how much work was cut out for her. Maybe this is why it’s taken so long for someone to look into things.

To really dig into Denon’s guts.

So much secrecy and red tape. If only Dagon were still around. She was given to understand he knew a great deal about Denon’s underbelly, but all that knowledge disappeared alongside him. Her shoulders had slumped, but she corrected her posture the moment she noticed it.

Mira was a Quinn, and Quinn’s don’t quit.

If she had to start from scratch, so be it. At least she wasn’t alone anymore. Mira looked to Ayumi with a kind smile.

I may take you up on your offer, after all. It looks like I’m going to be here for awhile.

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

She looked at her and there seemed ot be an air of disappointment for a moment. "Don't be so glum though." She said it and offered an arm but mostly was leading forward. "INvestigating, tracking down... there is a lot you can learn by observing and by meditating... you would be surprised at how much people on Denon don't shield their intentions." She said it and moved while her interface came up over her eye. The kirano letting her flick her eye to call a runabout shuttle for them pair of them. "I'll set you up with something and to make up for the lack of help there is a lot you can learn about the other districts." She was saying it but had a plan... questions were important but a force user like her might be able to benefit. "I'll have Cato send you a small Security Force team. They infiltrate and monitor the other districts for threats that might be directed towards ours but may have more information you could use."

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

That brought the corner of her lips up in a grateful smirk. Even though the former senator lacked primary insider knowledge of what the Corpos were up to on Denon, her willingness to help was just as powerful.

A benefactor like Ayumi would go a long way in her investigation.

I’m sorry if I came off as ungrateful,” Mira apologized.

I really appreciate you meeting with me. There’s so much going on here, and I’m not sure where I should start… but I suppose District 7 is as good a place as any.

The lockdown was still in effect there, after all. Ground zero of the terrorist attack, too. With support from this Cato person and the D1 security, Mira was confident they’d at least gain access to the Seven Corners.

That’s all she needed to get started.

Thank you, Ayumi,” she said with a bow.

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

"District seven would be a good place to start but lets get you set up first." She said it as moving to one of the larger areas the runabout came. Sleek and looking like it would fit in anywhere... thankfully it hid its defensive and offensive systems. The doors opening to let them in while she guided. "These are Runabouta, simple shuttlecraft but with built in hyperdrives and shielding. THey are also great for getting around Denon quickly. Built in living, medical and lab modules which will let you have food, water and supplies." She was saying it and showing where it was while sitting down with a small motion. "Scanners, sensors and anything you might need for say planet wide tracking, analysis and the like."

She offered a smile waiting but the runabout would take off and start joining the other ships heading in as the pilot set up the codes to get them clearances. The domed district of Upcity isolated with a larger gap around it as they were aable to pass through and the look outside changing from the Denon skyline to almost picturesque... blue skies and fluffy white clouds. The shielding giving the sky in day and night systems to match the rest of the planet and they came over the waters. "Now this is where we will get you a place. District Nineteen, there is if you look just about anything you would or could want to find in the galaxy.... and the people to match."

She said it while the beach became buildings and weaving through went to one fo the larger towers. "From here though you can get a look out and have a full view of anything coming into the district as well as on the water." She pointed out towards the beach and the boats. "If the people you are investigating have sense they likely have something here as Upcity values privacy from the outside in but internally the dampening dome and sensor masks are a little less refined." She was pointing towards and dome and looking in most couldn't see what they had going... which could make listening hard but internally long sight lines for ease dropping devices.

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

I can’t believe how different District 1 is from the rest of the world…” Mira marveled rhetorically.

Upcity almost felt like a separate planet from Denon, like a utopian slice from an otherwise chitty, polluted, overpopulated cake. It almost made her wonder if the corruption here wasn’t worse than everywhere else. What was stopping the tyrannical Corpos from nesting here with the elite while the rest of Denon suffered lockdowns and riots?

For Force-sake, a damned hacktivist group had taken to Denon’s defense against the CAD. And if it were bad enough for shady organizations to lend a hand to the common people, you knew it was bad.

She cleared her throat, bringing herself back from her thoughts.

They were best left behind for the time being. Ayumi was different, or so she seemed, and Mira didn’t want to spend all their time together ruminating and hypothesizing about Upcity’s underbelly. Her ears perked at the mentioning of a place in District 19.

Wow, I’m uh- I’m really moving up in the world. Do you think I’d be better off up here than closer to the action?

She blinked, looking to Ayumi with a curious face.

I’m starting from the ground up, literally. I want to start with the gangs and rebel cells. If Darkwire’s really cut off, I’ll have my work cut out. I do have other leads, but…

Code Zero came to mind.

She had an old friend from Corellian space in the city, Reggie Reggie Danse. She’d heard through the vine that he was running with a new group of hackers netrunners.

… I don’t want to get trapped in the Seven Corners by the lockdown.

She sighed, looking out the window to the towers nearby. Mira hated feeling indebted.

What do you need from me while I’m here, Senator? I came all this way to ask for help, but I realize I haven’t offered you anything.

I represent the Jedi, after all. I can go places most people can’t. Do things most people can’t. I’m like… your personal Jedi Shadow, for lack of better words. Is there anything you or Upcity needs while I’m out there?

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

Listening to her and looking with a bow of her head. "Lets not rush ahead... establishing the basis for your identity is important and of all the districts this one is the most... discreet. Billions if not trillions of credits change hands daily... identities are obscured and the people rarely kept in the other districts. The gangs might also be able to provide some information if you are looking." She said it and walked around the room as it was a larger Living Module they had developed. Her hand coming out as she touched a screen on the wall. "Now this will be important Master Jedi. Each housing module in upcity uses the living module we developed and researched. Self sustaining, recycles its own air and cleans it same as water so it is contained and as safe as you can make it from outside tampering."

She said it and pulled up the screen. "Air filtering and pathogen filters for gases that might be deployed against some. We redesigned and rebuilt the district using them when the initial funding came from the Republic.. it was part of rebuilding Denon efforts... when the funding was cut off well you can see what had been done." She indicated the area around the district. The massive gap going down to the lowest surfaces of Upcity. "So we sealed the sides and it has become a barrier compared to the rest.. the seclusion led to more interested parties coming here because a lockdown would secure a lot but we don't need to deploy massive forces to lock down the three energy bridges coming from the district. THe ports for ships are set up for each buildings to drop people off and private hangers."

She was going over more of it and walked at the mention of what she wanted from this. "Well as to what it is I want Master Jedi. I want Denon to rise back up... there was a time before when it had a chance... it could have been a brighter star then Coruscant and I want to try and return to that time.. to rebuild parts of it as we have Upcity. Frak go further as these modules are able to be built en masse compared to ma ny things and give everyone the chance to survive and save up. It is how the wealth of the district has been able to get so much... when you can grow your own food it saves heavily on importing." She smiled. "So helping you, helps me and making sure you have the best covers, equipment and resources when on here... helps me. I'll have to take you to the Temple though as it would be good to let them know you are here. Jedi running into each other can be awkward if they don't know each other are there."

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

Mira felt almost too dirty to touch anything in the habitation unit. Even back home on Corellia, he family’s amenities weren’t this sleek and polished. Upcity truly was a standard of elitism. It wasn’t inherently a bad thing, just a fact that made her feel so out of place by comparison.

But it was Ayumi’s mentioning of a Jedi temple that truly awestruck her. Mira just blinked as she wondered if she’d heard her correctly.

A Jedi temple? Here, on Denon?

She never knew the city-world had one. Granted, her tenure as a Jedi was almost exclusively spent in the Rimward Jedi Coalition as opposed to the New Jedi Order, but she’s spent enough time on Denon to know of a Jedi temple… hadn’t she?

I’d love to see it,” she said.

I think that’d be a good thing to take care of first. I’d like to introduce myself, maybe make a few connections. If other Jedi are here, maybe they can help me with my mission.

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

"We can head there after this." She said it and walked around. "Now there are secured communications, a holonet and a shadownet communication system is standard. We haven't had people try and breech the encryption in decades but that doesn't mean it can't be. Just be discerning about what you talk about. This building has some of the better views and is close enough to my office Tower that Security Forces if you needed them would be able to get over. Should something really dangerous happen contact the tower... it won't matter who and say Ironmonger then hold for thirty seconds. The internal monitoring of public calls for training purposes will pick it up and have a location."

She looked at her. "Now for the harder part... what kind of ID do you want to use. In the long term you want something that is reputable and able to move around but if you are an unknown no one will talk with you and if you go for too large a claim they will test and check up on you." She said it and walking around a little more. "You don't need it all right now. Rushing into things is a good way to blow it all up but Cato will work to establish a few initial things. Namely connect you to our lines if it is needed so you can contact us. There is also clothing. We have some of the common Citizen outfits here you can use. I'll also show you the entertainment district as the gangs there are some of the best ways for information."

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

The encryption steps were a nice bonus. She needed to keep a low profile on Denon, so secured connections to her contacts was a must. Granted, the majority of her communications would be handled through a portable comlink courtesy of the NJO Shadows, but it wouldn’t handle the larger troves of data she expected to find deeper in the investigation.

This setup was perfect.

And now came the question of an alternate identity, a fabrication that had to be plausible without making her a common Jane to the corporate world. In a perfect galaxy, her Jedi status alone would command the respect and compliance she’d need, but this wasn’t a reality. She mulled it over with furrowed brows.

Reporter was too cliché, and likely wouldn’t get her far. She couldn’t pose as an actual C-Sec employee either. Too much liability for discovery.

How about a private security consultant?

She’d heard of corporations in the Corellian Confederation deferring to outside security contractors for maintaining their assets and holdings. Perhaps that was a trend here on Denon as well?

I could pose as a contractor for my family’s company, Quinn Industries. We- erm, the company - produces starships and small arms. Maybe I could get close if I looked like a prospective contractor?

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

She looked at her and gave a nod of her head to that. "A private consultant is a good way to get around... Security can be tricky as depending on how they are operating it could look like you are trying to replace what is currently there which can make enemies and having a security company gunning to make sure you don't disrupt their contract is never a good thing." She moved and tapped her chin though offering a grin to it. "However engineering... civil and business engineering at that can mean a lot. Corporate synergy to increase worker production... it can allow you full access to see how operations are with the cover of making it so they spend less, make more profits and don't have to waste things on workers."

She looked at her more. "It is also easier for a jedi you get to observe and when they think you are there for their benefit to make them more credits. Sometimes they open up more to you or let their businesses show the underside." She stayed around. "Of course a cover is only as good as your skills itself so we will want to go into your wheelhouse. A fallback as well, Cato who I train is wonderful at organizing and observing to make sure we have plenty of information on the businesses here in the District and if anyone questions why she is there she falls back on being a twi'lek mistress to a powerful business woman. Flaunts some jewels, overpays some credits for drinks. Puts people at ease enough when they think you are just here cause someone is paying for you to be here."

She walked across some of the windows. "But we have time for that and to prepare. Where do you want to try and start. The temple or observing some of the district? I know there is a concert going on at the beach. Some atrisian sport."

z49J7OX.png

Denon
District 1, The Capital

new-small-bar.png

I’m eager to see the temple,” Mira admitted, “but I don’t want to show up completely empty handed.

She blinked as she contemplated, then looked to Ayumi when her her mind was made up.

I’ll start at the beach. I hate the sand, but if there’s a big crowd, surely there’ll be a handful of interesting Corpos to look in on. Good opportunity to make connections in a social setting, at least. Get my name out there.

The Quinn’s were exceptional at making a name for themselves, be it good or… not so good, in her own case. Luckily, all of that was behind her, back home on Corellia. It couldn’t follow her here unless she let it, and Mira was determined not only to clean up Denon but make it the gateway to a new life for herself as well.

No more hiding, or running, or hunting a bump of spice when things went bad.

She’d be better, and Denon would as well. She flashed Ayumi a smile.

The beach,” she said with finality.

new-small-bar.png

Ayumi Pallopides

Mira Quinn Mira Quinn

She seemed to have a plan and the beach was one of the more beautiful... well as far as she knew it was the only one created on Denon so it got the title by default when she gave a nod of her head. "Alright the beach... you will need to blend in or see it from a vantage point few others question." She said it with a grin and let Mira finish getting her stuff there and take what she might need. Going back to the shuttle while she stretched in the seat. "TO the celeste." She said it and the shuttle would take off towards the water while in the distance the large silvery white ship was sitting just fine. Full view of the skyline but also the entire beach as it made all of the other vessels built for luxury and to show their wealth look small. "Ah there it is." She offered a smile. "From the deck you can see the entire beach and all of the people as well as onto the many boats that are around the waters."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom