Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upon Waking, the First Dream. (Ask first, but 90% likely to say yes.)

"A friend, yes. His name is Reth while my mine is Duncan. Do talking trees have names?" He asked as he watched the adorable Poro bounce around and onto the tree. Though it would appear that the white, fluffy creature would also appear to be a foreigner on this planet made him wonder how he get here in the first place. Whatever the case, it was good to know not everything on this planet wanted to eat him... yet.

[member="Santoo"] [member="Poro"]

Santoo kept up his same gentle smile as the two were introduced to him. He gave a simple nod to Duncan in response to his query. "Well, every talking tree does. Mine is Santoo. No last name. Just the first." His gaze was drawn over to the excitedly bouncing Poro, to which he chuckled. "I think my cute companion desires my company." He moved over to join Poro, but he didn't have the body language of abandoning the human or trandoshan. They were welcome to follow.

He waited for a while to see if the lizard or a man had anything to add. Seeing as how they didn't make any moves, he shrugged and moved join the fluffy white creature.

"Ah, so this is where you came from."

He looked into the ship, intending to find some of the crew.....since the poro couldn't have piloted this.

[member="Poro"]
[member="Duncan McShale"]

Poro

Poro want a Poro Snack!
A short, squat, buff man with a square, shaved jaw and black hair sauntered up to @Santoo. (Alliteration for the win. ;) ) He had heard some kind of commotion about a tree that could walk and talk. Nonsense, likely. Probably a ruse to not get work d--- As the man had turned the corner of the ship, he could see the enormous tree before him on the landing pad. He saw the tree, though, and not any tell-tale features of sentience. In disbelief, he yelled out, "Okay, ha ha! Very funny, men! Now, which one of youse had the gurns tah uproot and leave this tree on the landing pad, eh!? Come on, step forward!"

[member="Santoo"] [member="Duncan McShale"]

Bewilderment. While he might have simply started talking to the man who sounded to be in charge, the way he called out was a bit disarming. Disbelief was expected, if undesired, but quickly moving to assuming it was some other explanation felt disarming. His assumption was led credence by his still position as he figured out the best way to handle this. Slowly, he moved some roots forward in a 'step' and said in his quiet, raspy voice.

"Stay calm, but my name is Santoo, and I am peaceful."

Well, hopefully he didn't get shot in a panic.

[member="Poro"]

Poro

Poro want a Poro Snack!
"Ay dah day day..." is what the man stuttered out before falling silent. He stared wide-eyed at the talking tree, uncertain if he was dreaming or living. "...What...er, what are you doing 'round these parts sir...tree?"

[member="Santoo"]

[member="Poro"]

He didn't want to tease the man, it might not end well. So instead he tried simplifying his answer.

"I have been here a while, sleeping among the other trees. If you mean what I'm doing around your ship....I'd like to leave."

Well, that was honest, and maybe it would go well? The ropo seems to be out of sight, but it probably wasn't being chewed on.

Poro

Poro want a Poro Snack!
Poro bolted down the cargo ramp and excitedly jumped up and down in front of the tree. He then grabbed onto one of [member="Santoo"]'s tree toes with his mouth and tried to drag him towards the ramp. It was quite unsuccessful and he wasn't making any progress, but his intent was clear.

The man still had questions before he would make up his mind, though. "Err...You want out of 'ere, eh?...Well..." I don't suppose he has any money...hmmph!...

"Well, will you be needin' any form of sustenance, 'cuz provisions cost money and...I don't think either of youse has any dough. Besides that, I don't figger that giving you passage should be a problem..."

Santoo might have replied to the man right away, but he had to chuckle at the downright adorable display of the Poro. Scooting himself forward just a bit to give [member="Poro"] a feeling of accomplishment, like he was actually pulling the Neti up the ramp.

Though to the matter at hand, he looked to who he assumed was the captain.

"Water, and light. That is all I ask, if you'd like, I could repay passage by helping with the movement of cargo on arrival."

He looks to the fluffy white creature that he's taken a liking to.

"I think he needs food on the other hand....but I can provide some....if not much."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom