Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATED:'Star Wars' Film Slate Leaked? [Fake]

[member="Selena Halcyon"]

I figured the Kenobi film would take place between Episodes 3 and 4, so no Qui Gon needed. I do understand what you're saying about recasting main characters, though. James Bond is the only franchise it hasn't bothered me in, mostly because over half of the movies were out before I was born.

I was just referring to pulling people in general who were in movies. I figure it would likely be between 3 and 4 but that's kind of what bothers me about it. We know everything we need to know about him during that time. He's a hermit. That's good enough to me.

The thing with James Bond is that the character is more of an idea which allows it to work effectively as just replacing the actor(s) and moving onto a new story.

Why not a Grievous film?

His original past is perfect for a movie to be honest. It'd have way more effect than movies on overrated characters such as Obi-Wan or Boba Fett.

Why not a Grievous film?

His original past is perfect for a movie to be honest. It'd have way more effect than movies on overrated characters such as Obi-Wan or Boba Fett.

I don't think the interest would be high from a marketing standpoint for a grievous film. Furthermore. He is a villain and therefore less than likely to be a decent protagonist.

[member="Selena Halcyon"] However, if you've read his backstory, he's more of a good guy, with the Huks and Jedi being the bad guys.

But yeah, with The Clone Wars having ruined his character, there isn't much hope...

[member="Selena Halcyon"]

Kenobi's film would be a dark times based film. No need for Qui Gon Jin, in spite of my desire to see that character explored a little more. Really, he is probably the greatest tragedy of The Phantom Menace character wise, when a lot of people cite Darth Maul as hard done by. Qui Gon was a Master that was not allowed on the council because of his rebellious type attitude and his differing views on the Force. I would have loved that to have been something to play out over three films.

Kenobi film has potential in perhaps a Tatooine based, noir styled, crime flick.

I just don't see the need for a Kenobi flick. We know what we need to know. He went into exile, much like Yoda. He was a hermit, and from what we see in the Korean released Manhwa (which actually is official canon) he had some vested interest in keeping Luke alive. So he was distant but not too distant. Also, the issue of Star Wars comic series (which is coming out this next wednesday) will cover that period of time for him. I just don't think there is a story to tell there that is not forced.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Selena Halcyon said:
I just don't see the need for a Kenobi flick. We know what we need to know. He went into exile, much like Yoda. He was a hermit, and from what we see in the Korean released Manhwa (which actually is official canon) he had some vested interest in keeping Luke alive. So he was distant but not too distant. Also, the issue of Star Wars comic series (which is coming out this next wednesday) will cover that period of time for him. I just don't think there is a story to tell there that is not forced.
Agree. I'd rather see more universe-building about what's happened since Return of the Jedi, or the current state of galactic affairs. I like Obi-Wan but I'm more interested in other storylines.

Exactly. I'm not even hype about a Boba film (mainly because he's really not that cool outside of how he looks) but at least you can kind of do something with him on the edge that will improve his character. Obi-Wan we know everything we need to. Rogue One seems cool because it tells a story that while we do not need it, can provide some interesting insight into the Rebellion.

I want side stories that are truly outside of the main story with minimal interaction from the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom