Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATED:'Star Wars' Film Slate Leaked? [Fake]

Take with a big pinch of salt - but this snap has been 'leaked' from Hall H at SDCC as Lucasfilm do a tech run for their presentation.

If true, it confirms the current trilogy, 'Rogue One', the Han Solo film which seems to blend Boba Fett AND the current hot topic of the Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.

Nothing official has been confirmed, but gives you chills to think it's true.

ctT1hNQ.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/2231757/boba-fett-obi-wan-and-han-star-wars-anthology-film-slate-leaks-ahead-of-sdcc/

The Marvel way of making movies is spreading.

I'm still not sure if that's a good thing. The difference between a director making his one project and a team of people shelling out one film after another and following a preplanned schedule is great. However, if there's one franchise that can convince me, it'll be Star Wars.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Baros Sal-Soren"] Lol. Probably. It makes my head spin when Disney throws around millions of dollars like it's child's play. Figures, it's child's play. :D :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Baros Sal-Soren"]

I think you're right. All these films have to be bankrolled on a future profit. This couldn't have all come out of the bank. Even with so many shared features and design synergy.

*shrugs*

I'll go see them. :p

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
When the film franchise was sold, it was stated by the heads of Disney and the various corporate heads they would keep releasing a Star Wars film every year or every two years after episode 7, non-stop. This comes as no surprise, since marvel is doing the same thing with their comic book universe. In essence Episode 7 is going to be what Iron man was years ago: The first move in a more than decade long line movie franchise, they can go anywhere with it now that lucas is gone.

Hana Kae

H
Darth Kentarch said:
When the film franchise was sold, it was stated by the heads of Disney and the various corporate heads they would keep releasing a Star Wars film every year or every two years after episode 7, non-stop. This comes as no surprise, since marvel is doing the same thing with their comic book universe. In essence Episode 7 is going to be what Iron man was years ago: The first move in a more than decade long line movie franchise, they can go anywhere with it now that lucas is gone.
[member="Darth Kentarch"]

Yup

The only thing that makes me feel this is fake is the cinema seats...Hall H doesn't look like a cinema. There's no podium, or stage, or anything, so it's making me think this is nothing more than a fan-job.

[member="Selena Halcyon"] how dare you!

I'm more excited about the anthology films than the main story. Rogue One, Kenobi, then Solo/Fett...Give me a Dooku and young Qui Gon movie and I'll have everything I want.

My problem is that many of these I don't want to see other actors in the roles. Han Solo to me would be so awkward to see as anyone but Harrison Ford. Kenobi benefits from the fact that they can still use Ewan McGregor. And despite Liam Neeson not looking like he's aged a ton there is still a noticeable increase in age. So you'd almost need another actor for him.

The reason why Rogue One excites me is because it will be all new characters or ones that were in the background before. That is awesome to me. Anthology films with old characters as the main lead is something I'm just not too amped about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom