Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceto | Orbital Shipyard 'Cronus'

Hauled in from the edge of Fringe Space, the domed space station sat in a large orbital repair dock. Scaffolding surrounded the structure, holding it carefully in place. Various pieces of the outer hull were missing and the entire thing had an air of disrepair about it. If one was flying into port they would think it was being taken away piece by piece and sold for scrap. However, the scaffolding was there for repair. The massive station was getting a top-to-bottom overhaul. The domed structure looked to be in fair shape though, and most crews had sealed off the rest of the station and pressurized the upper portions for work.

Inside the dome crews in overalls and work uniforms were spread out along the transparisteel. Keen eyes looked carefully over the surface for imperfections or potential issues. New seals were being applied to the bottom where it met the durasteel, thick seals that would keep the elements out and the oxygen in.

All over, pounding could be heard. New decking was being put into place, gleaming underneath a layer of protective plastic coating. It didn't need to get scratched during major construction. Looking completely out of place by not being in a work uniform, Judah was inspecting the station. Playing double duty today, Makai sat in his arms, ice-blue eyes taking in the sights. It gave [member="Thessa Kai"] some quiet moments at home in addition to getting the boy exposed to his future. Judah assumed Makai would be his only child, as such he would hope the boy would step into Salacia one day. After shaking out a wild streak that was no doubt buried behind that innocent-at-the-moment face.

"Looking great. Those lower levels are going to give us a bit of a hard time time. I saw the missing plates when I arrived. Looks like we're going to be doing some zero-g work down there."

"Looks like. The way I figure it, we work top down. Get this thing sealed tight and the bones good. Then we worry about the incidentals. Didn't this buyer want a garden?" The foreman scratched underneath his hardhat, looking across the expansive dome.

"He does. We'll bring in some locals to handle it. Maybe surprise him and bring in some tropical flavor. For now, lets get this thing space worthy once more." Balancing Makai in one arm, Judah pulled out his comm and took a picture of the dome refurbishing. He sent the image to his client, [member="The Shadow King"] , to give a bit of an wordless update on their progress.

Nearly a week after his first visit, Judah was back at the station. The entire thing had just been freshly sealed and oxygen tubing was laying everywhere in case of an emergency. No one looked particularly nervous and he trusted the craftsmanship of the chosen workers. Fresh decking was being installed on all levels. Word had reached him there was framing going about -- turning several levels into luxury apartments. Apparently he still needed to hire an interior decorator to come in and make
everything look rich and fanciable. He'd get there in due time.

Hand ran through his shaggy hair. Time to check in with the buyer -- [member="The Shadow King"] . So far Judah had heard little from the man. Part of him was worried the guy was going to back out of the deal. After all, Salacia didn't get all the credits up front. No matter. Should the man back out it would be easy to sell such a thing at auction. It was just a pain.

Taking out his comm, Judah typed out a quick holomessage.

Mr. Sin,

Progress continues on the station. We are now airtight. New decking is being installed and faulty equipment has been replaced. We're looking to be on track. Luxury apartments are being framed now. An interior decorator has yet to be hired, but that will no doubt be near the final stages of construction. The garden is looking to be installed next week in order to establish the plants.

-Judah Dashiell

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Romeo had been looking at some ship designs his team had whipped up for him to look at when he received the com message. He smiled as he read it. "This is good news." He said out loud, and proceed to write a message back.

Mr. Judah Dashiell,

Thank you for this update, this is very good news. I am happy that all is going well, and that no real complications have come up. Please let me know if you need me for anything as this is a top priority for me, well one of them. If you need materials, more fundings, or anything. Please give me call.

Your's Sincerely,

Romeo Sin, King of the Shadow Dynasty

[member="The Shadow King"]

Mr. Sin,

Thank you for the offer of materials. Lack of resources has not been an issue in this build. After all,that is what you are paying us to do. Expect you station to be ready for delivery in one standard galactic month. Before we ship the station Back to your territory, I would prefer you visit us here on Ceto. This will give us time to tweak the design and place any final touches you so desire. If you cannot make it in the coming weeks please send a most trusted advisor. Thank you,

Judah Dashiell

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Within minutes, a message was returned. Romeo read it, and grabbed his jacket, sending a reply back to him.

Mr. Judah Dashiell,

I shall be there in five standard galactic hours. See you soon.

Romeo Sin, King of the Shadow Dynasty.

With that sent, Romeo made his way to his ship, the King's Crown, and took off a hour later, the Triple Zero regiment following behind him with a few handful of Shadow Guards. Within another four hours later, they were there.
Pressing his com button, Romeo spoke. "Mr, Dashiell, this is Romeo Sin, ready to board when you can have me."

[member="The Shadow King"]

Break time at the station. Judah had bought a horde of take out food for the crew and brought it up to the site. No easy feat considering the sheer amount of workers that had been brought up here to work on a daily basis. The shaggy CEO was sitting with the second-in-command, Chalu, eating lunch. Busy crunching on a piece of flatbread loaded down with toppings, the pair were observing a contracted crew installing a type of lighting that looked like rolls of tape(in terms of thinness) in a pattern at the top of the dome. According to the landscapers, the design would maximize light and thus growing conditions. It wasn't like this thing was going to be parked in front of a sun on a constant basis. Nearby, crews were also installing underground heating tubes that would be filled with hot water, allowing for even heat distribution for the soil that would be in the landscaped beds.

Announcement rang through the jury-rigged intercomm system. It was normally used for incoming shipments of goods and workers. Today it was a notification from one Mr. Sin. Apparently he was in the neighborhood since he arrived so quickly. Ceto and the Shadow Empire were at literal opposite ends of the galaxy.

"Go ahead and tell him to board. And not to trip when he enters"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom