Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unwelcome Guests

"We will talk as friends then," Kendrix smiled at him then took a bite of the food in front of her.

He somehow escaped her odd need to give everyone a nickname. No, she gave him one the last time they met. What was it? She couldn’t remember. Arphengar was the latest that would work. Arphenig… Her face blushed the odd green and she quickly tucked her chin. Luckily he was on his way out to change out of his armor. She didn’t believe he would regret it. Her master was honorable. Mullarus had nothing to fear. Although, questions formed in Kendrix mind. She stood up then went to the cockpit to where her master was.

“Limbthír,” Kendrix called to him calmly. “What do you plan to do with the Knight Mullarus? I’m afraid I do not understand why we hold him captive. He is indeed safe, correct?”

[member="Knight Mullarus"] [member="Darth Veles"]

Soon enough, the ship’s been refuelled and restocked, yet no official record of it would ever be found by curious eyes – having the position of a councillor had its advantages. Your Deathbed’s sleek, elegant features escaped the planet’s clutches in less than two hours, but not before the Mon Calamari Sith Lord had the ship scanned for any possibly tracking devices. That, and he left a short encoded message for his red-skinned inspiration to find, explaining the situation and apologizing for not spending the evening with her. Being the only person within the Black Rose Darth Veles trusted, the crimson Togruta deserved to know everything and do with the information as she saw fit. The Mon Cal regretted not staying long enough to meet the woman in person, but she’d know where to find him if necessary – the powerful Sith Witch did not need tracking devices to find her old apprentice in the galaxy, sharing a powerful bond with him. This connection between the two remained there, destined to hold for all eternity, no matter what happened. Even as Your Deathbed’s frame ascended to the bright jewels dotting the dark canvas, the bond between the two lovers refused break. Lady Zarrah was there, somewhere. Avreet felt her in the Force; so close, yet so far away.

“Apprentice,” the Sith Lord’s gaze remained glued to the window displaying a bright palette of colours as he addressed the young Theowei who had visited him in the cockpit, voicing her concern, “You have to imagine the One Sith as a poisonous drug – once the knight is free, he will return to them. If he is better than them as you claim, then he deserves to be freed, cured of this addiction that slowly kills him. You know what the One Sith’s corrupting influence does to people, you have seen good people twisted into animalistic, primitive beasts. Acolytes, knights, lords; everyone eventually breaks. This will inevitably happen to the knight as well. Do not think of us as captors, kidnappers; see us as his temporary guides who will show him the way until he is ready to be set free.”

In another words, [member="Knight Mullarus"] would either reject the One Sith, or die. There was nothing in between, [member="Kendrix"] had to understand. Yet, despite this harsh truth hidden in the Mon Cal's words, his soothing and calm tone worked like a balm on the Sith Acolyte's worries.

Meanwhile, Mullarus fully changed into a comfortable black robe in his quarters and sat down. He reached around and felt his holocommunicator in one of the pockets. He knew it was traceable, and he knew [member="Darth Pyrrhus"] knew this particular one was his. If the bond that master and apprentice shared was not enough for him to sense Mullarus' movement across the galaxy, he knew for certain Pyrrhus could trace this to find him. Mullarus wasn't sure what this traitor to the Sith wanted with him, but if he truely knew his master, he would send warships out to retrieve him.

He stood back up and exited his quarters, deciding to explore the Your Deathbed a little bit more, avoiding the cockpit as to avoid any more contact with [member="Darth Veles"]. Something about him rubbed Mullarus the wrong way. He trusted [member="Kendrix"]'s judgement, but something about that alien son of a bantha felt wrong, like he tried to stand for something better than what the galaxy already sees the Sith as, and yet, in doing so, he has only made himself a more evil man by believing that his judgement was correct and everything he stood for was always the right choice, regardless of what others think. Veles appeared to Mullarus to be a beacon of pure arrogance who put himself above anyone within the Sith Empire. He could, perhaps, be the single most evil character Mullarus has met in his travels, even more so than the cruel, bloodthirsty Sith Lords he serves, simply because of how dark and corrupt a man can become when he sees himself as standing on top of the entire galaxy with the divine right to crush anything that he deems inferior.

The words seemed odd to her ear like there was more to his words than he let on. She buried the thought however. There was nothing she could do at the moment. He gave her responsibility over Mullarus and that was what she planned. As a true sith, she would protect him like she was destined to protect the rest of the galaxy. Even if he was One Sith, he didn’t deserve a traitors death for no ill actions.

“We need a neutral place then? The One Sith nor Black Rose planets will do,” She turned her head only to look back as a thought occured. “Retalik… It far enough away from both.”

The planet seemed like the perfect place. No starports. No evidence they were even there. Not to mention it wasn’t even on the map. Retalik was a secret gem hidden away from the core worlds. For good reason too. The Theowei of Retalik couldn’t defend themselves from an invasion. No blasters no real defenses. The people of theowei lived in a time long forgotten by the rest of the galaxy. She remember that both of the men in her company expressed interest in going as well. Hopefully that in common would bring the two men together.

“I believe it best I take my leave. The Knight seems to be enjoy a walk among your ship,” Kendrix gave a light nod then exited the cockpit making her way through the ship until she found Mullarus in a part of the ship she rarely went to. Her fingertips nudged his shoulders as she reached him, “Arphengar, I assume you had no trouble with your armor?”

Mullarus turned around suddenly, when he felt [member="Kendrix"]'s gentle hand on his shoulder. He met her gaze, cocking a brow, "Arphengar?" She seemed to assign nicknames to her friends in her own language. Limbthir was her master, and now it seemed she had one for him. If she had referred to him as this before, he would have missed it.

[member="Darth Veles"]

The idea proposed by [member="Kendrix"] earned the girl nothing more but a silent, prolonged stare of her teacher, his large eyes saying what words did not as he considered the option of taking refuge on Retalik. His apprentice’s lush homeworld, positioned at the other end of the galaxy, far away from the One Sith’s influence, rich in unique culture left untouched by the rest of the galaxy. A fairly good option, Veles had to admit – plus he wanted to visit the planet of the Theowei anyway, learn more about her people and their language. Indeed, the amphibious Sith’s curiosity did influence his ultimate decision to follow the young Acolyte’s suggestion, setting Your Deathbed in the right course while pondering about the Theowei’s choice. It was very possible the Acolyte had more, unspoken reasons to return other than seeing home again; memories of visiting Shili with his old Master flooded Avreet’s mind. What started as an ordinary mission turned into an unforgivable experience for everyone involved the moment Zarrah revealed her personal quest for revenge, one that had little in common with the original goal of hunting down rogue Jedi. If the tattooed girl had a score to settle, she'd be given Avreet's full support - he did not want any ghost of the past to hold her back.

The moment his stealth vessel entered the second hyperspace jump that day, Veles’ webbed fingers tapped a sad tune into a metal panel to his left, then pushed himself off the seat and roamed through the empty corridors. This journey brought him to the kitchen again; with the fresh batch of supplies, it was time for the Sith Lord to show some of the Imperial hospitality. Humming the very same tune he had tapped earlier, unable to get it out of his head, the Mon Cal swiftly worked on making a vegetable salad for everyone aboard, along with a bantha steak for [member="Knight Mullarus"]. Meat rarely found its place on Your Deathbed, mostly due to the fact two out of three of its most common inhabitants did not eat it, yet Veles felt strange joy when cooking something more complex than a salad – cooking’s become a passion of his ever since he started to prepare meals for lady Zarrah and eventually his apprentice, which was not hard given both women shared the same diet. Soon enough, the delicious scent of the prepared meal safely announced the Sith Lord’ plans across the ship.

She gave him a single nod then a light smirk graced her face, “It means blood knight. It is… Ironic for you I suppose. The One Sith remind me of the stories my fathers told me of the arphengar. The arphengar were reknown knight of Crinthad In-Gwenur Uh… Reaping of Kinsmen. It was a great war between the capitol and another great city. The arphengar sought great battles to test their sword arm. They would slaughter all in their wake even killing and burning entire town single handedly. These were not the feats of brave men but the inhumane lust of monsters. The arphengar knew no end however so when the war ended they tried to continue. The hëmdael rose up and defeated them. Hëmdael are the noble peacekeepers of Retalik… My father was one…”

Her nose lifted to the air as she smelt an odd scent fill the ship. It wasn’t the best thing she had ever smelt but it wasn’t over powering. Her hand found Mullarus arm as she tugged at him, “Come.”

She led him back to the kitchen seeing that her master was preparing a meal for them. Kendrix still had her previous meal on the table. She returned to it saving the salad he prepared for later. The steak didn’t look appetizing, but then again, she knew what the meat did to upset her stomach.

“I should have stepped off the ship while we were on Kosh,” She didn’t care what the Black Rose capital was nor did she bother to learn it. “We are in for a long journey across space if you chose we go to my homeworld, Limbthír.”

[member="Darth Veles"] [member="Knight Mullarus"]

Mullarus moved his head in a way that he appeared insulted by @Kendrix. "I....you brand me a nickname from a bunch of monsters?" he chuckled jokingly, though still confused as to why she thought it fit. The Knight part was the only part that made any sense to him. "Baralin, i'm starting to question if you really know me at all."

The smell of grilled meat hit Mullarus' nostrils, causing his stomach to growl almost immedeatly. "That's funny...I thought everyone on board was a vegan?"

'Maybe that fishhead got caught in some loose wires and fried himself...' he thought, softly chuckling. Suddenly, Kendrix took his arm and led him into the kitchen again, where, to Mullarus' dissapointment, [member="Darth Veles"] stood. Not sauteé'd. Though, the sight of actual cooked meat was welcoming.

"...Who's that for?" Mullarus asked, wondering if the fish man had made himself a steak just to taunt the no-good Sith scum. What were the odds that his kidnapper had cooked it for him? Low, Mullarus reckoned.

His head turned back to Kendrix at the mention of her homeworld. "Retalik? Why are you taking me there?"

He didn’t know her either. Not as well as he thought. So many secrets still laid buried deep in the young halfling’s subconscious. Nothing that would make the knight turn up his nose to her but things she hadn’t told anyone off retalik. Moments in her past she buried under a rock.

She ate normally. She wasn’t as hungry as she thought but she felt weaker. Her body required the sun’s rays and that was one thing that space couldn’t provide her. Her eyes found Mullarus however as he mentioned the word vegan. “What is that? A vegan?”

She hadn’t heard of it before but then again their were a lot of words she hadn’t heard yet. Basic wasn’t her first language so that happened from time to time.

“Retalik was my idea. Limbthír wishes to know you better, and you were interested in going remember? It will be enjoyable.” Her eyes shifted as she collected her next words contemplating what to say next.

“I would like to know you, too,” her voice took a different tone as she almost whispered it to him. The sound was soft and smooth perhaps even suggestive to the young man’s ear although that was not Kendrix intention.

"Vegan? Oh." Mullarus forgot she may be a bit loose on her Galactic Basic slang. "Someone who doesnt eat meat. Just vegetables and fruits and stuff."

Mullarus remembered mentioning during his first time meeting Kendrix that he was interested in visiting Retalik, only by his own will and not as a prisoner of some vindictive Sith-hating fish man. Hell, he would love to be spending time with [member="Kendrix"] more, he just cant stand being forced to. "[member="Darth Veles"] wants to get to know me better?" he asked, dumbfounded as he looked at the Mon Cal, "Is this why you whisked me away against my will? To take me out on a date? You could have just asked nicely instead of clubbing me on the head with my lightsaber and mailing it to my master as if you killed me." The logic behind this entire scenario felt warped. Nothing added up. Did these two traitors of the Sith like Mullarus or hate him? Perhaps they were trying to convert him, an endeavor that Mullarus would have to have a lot of reason to support.

When Kendrix's voice softened at the mention of her wanting to know him better, it finally started to click in Mullarus' inexperienced mind how she took such an interest in him. How much admiration did she really have for him?

With the meal cooked and ready to be served, Veles focused his efforts on arranging the table, utterly overtaken by this task of being a good host, obsessed, even. When the duo arrived, brought in by the delicious scent of a fresh cooking, everything was already prepared and the Mon Cal just placed the last plate on the table. Two dishes with meat, one without – it left no room for doubt as for whom the plate with no bantha steak belonged to. The Mon Cal himself remained silent for as long as he ate, listening to the banter between the two. When his nickname came up in the conversation, a glance in the Theowei’s way sent [member="Kendrix"] a somewhat questioning look; getting to know [member="Knight Mullarus"] better wasn’t Veles’ wish. If it were up to him, he would have executed the long-haired man right then and there, helping the galaxy breath freely.

Only his apprentice’s timely input had saved the knight’s life – and gave the Mon Cal the idea of converting the man, provided he was what Kendrix claimed him to be. Needless to say, the Sith did not like the prisoner – arrogance combined with loyalty to the One Sith did not help Kendy’s claim. This external loyalty was a dangerous liability; without knowing what the prisoner had done to charm his apprentice in such a manner, Veles started to consider dealing with the problem himself – though not before testing the Sith Acolyte a bit.

Raising his webbed hand, Avreet silenced the man mid-sentence.

“You are my apprentice’s responsibility, not mine – remember that. If you wish to know what happens next, ask her.”

Kendrix glanced between the two men as they argued between each other. she cocked her eyebrow at the men. Her mind secretly thinking them both as boys bickering like children. It was a shame but also understandable at the same time. They were having dinner whether their enemy at the moment. both seemed to loathe the idea. both seemed to loathe each other. Kendrix put another bite in her mouth trying to ignore them but she found the dinner to be awkward.

“My responsibility?” She lifted her chin in the same manner she usually did. “You will not like my decisions if I am the one in charge of the Knight Mullarus… Very well.”

“Limbthír,” She spoke calmly to her master first her eyes and the corners of her mouth drooped showing a sadness she didn’t speak of. “You are an honorable man. A gentlebeing as you call yourself. I only ask that you trust my judgement as I trust you are the gentlebeing that tends to the Lady Zarrah… Arphenú-gar, knight who is not green with blood. Here in my master’s ship you are his guest as he says, but when we get home to Retalik, both of you by Theowei customs become my guests. I am sworn to protect both of you. Be it from Theowei or each other, I am sworn to sacrifice my life.”

She placed the fork in her left hand back in her plate, “As my guests, you are by Theowei custom to accept my hospitality or risk insulting your own name and honor. I will offer you nourishment for you to replenish yourselves and request you both stay at least a night. Each of you are free to leave at the next dawn. I cannot bound you to me nor can I promise I will not be able to leave my home a second time.”

She grew silent for a moment staring down at her plate, “I request leave. I apologize.”

Kendrix stood then left the kitchen and the two men. Her heart sought her homeworld but still she feared returning might not be the best idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom