Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unwelcome Guests

It wasn’t long until they sneaked back into the safe confines of Veles’ ship. While the young [member="Kendrix"] ensured the ‘prisoner’ felt comfortable enough once he woke up, the amphibious Sith moved into the cockpit and seized control over the sleek stealth vessel, departing from Coruscant. Punching in the coordinates of the capital of the Black Rose, namely Kesh, the ship headed in the provided direction, conveniently straight through the Galactic Alliance’s territory where Veles would try to make a very brief stop at Sullust. He had a mail to send. With a pleasant feeling of satisfaction warming his body, the Sith Lord couldn’t help but smile as a shimmering tunnel of blue and white lights consumed Your Deathbed, confirming their little victory.

Getting away with what they had done tasted sweeter than Corellian whiskey, and the Mon Cal briefly considered opening a bottle to celebrate with Kendrix – right until he remembered the girl did not drink alcohol, which meant a celebration with the whiskey bottle serving as the main protagonist had to wait for Darth Zarrah. Hoping to conjure a smile on the Sith Witch’s face after telling her the story, Avreet leaned back into the leather seat and relaxed, eyes shifting back and forth between monitors and the beautiful view offered by hyperspace travel. Only one more thing had to be done – maybe two, depending on how well the captured [member="Knight Mullarus"] behaved. Despite being staunchly against torture and executing captured and helpless beings, Veles would not hesitate to kill the man should he prove to be too much of a liability and danger.

With the ship guided by its systems without requiring his presence, the Sith stopped basking in gleeful success and rose from the seat, vanishing within the vessel's corridors in search of his apprentice. The Force betrayed her, showing him the girl's direction as he softly brushed over her presence like a ripple in the vast sea of the mysterious energy. She waited for the knight to wake up, of course, sporting a more casual attire now. Veles gave the man a hard glare, though softened his expression when his gaze darted to his legacy, curling his lips into a gentler smile. How did she feel about her accomplishments? Her eyes bombarded him with unspoken questions, but before a single word escaped her lips, the Sith Lord’s thick accent reached her ears, voice like a soothing balm aiming to dispel any and all doubt present within her mind.

“Excellent work, apprentice! Truly worthy of a Sith infiltrator!” he continued to praise the girl’s efforts, “Not only you have managed to infiltrate lord Soris’ personal fortress of a home – you have done so despite the guards being aware of your presence and intention. Congratulations, Acolyte!”

Several claps of his webbed hands accompanied the smile that only grew wider, the sudden motion made the cross-like lightsaber hanging on Veles’ belt dangle left and right like some strange adornment. It was a trophy signing its owner’s defeat and shame, not for long though.

“And if not for my untimely intervention, for which I sincerely apologize, you would have defeated your opponent. Amazing, my dearest student! You are very cunning, as any Sith should be! I am proud of you.” His tone changed, more calm and collected, and the Sith Lord's face reflected that. Gone was pride and joy, replaced by the usual stone cold expression worn by Avreet most of the time.

"How is our guest doing?" he questioned, doing little to hide contempt and sarcasm alike when speaking of the captive. He had no illusion about this one being differend from the rest of the One Sith, despite Kendy's words - he had made peace with the fact a long time ago. Now the Sith Acolyte had to learn the same lesson.

Stabilized...

As quickly as he had the consciousness knocked out of him, he felt it return to him. In fact, Mullarus felt as if no time had gone by at all since he was struck on the temple by the deactivated crossguard of his own lightsaber hilt. Mullarus shot up, just now reacting to the blow given to him before he was KO'd. He winced, gripping the side of his head as pain clouded it.

Throughout his body, Mullarus could feel his cybernetic implants start booting up again after seeing his brain finally wake up from a miniature comatose status. Truthfully, it had only been about an hour since the duo of apparent Sith traitors had taken him. Now, his head filled with even more emotion, and even more questions. Why was Baralin stealing from a Sith Lord? Why is her master that she spoke so highly of just as ruthless and cold as any other Sith he had met? Why did they knock him out?

Glancing across the room from the edge of the bed he sat on, there she was. That same woman he met in the depths of the stinky, disgusting lower-levels of Coruscant, benevolently trying to purge some of the horrid corruption and evil that lurked beneath the Empire's glory near the top of the city world. Back then, it was something Mullarus had admired about her. But now, months later, she was trying to steal from Sith Lords? Mullarus knew she was a quick and nimble girl, a thief even, but not one who stole from respected members of the One Sith. What had happened to her?

Mullarus winced, squinting as his eyes slowly adjusted to the lit chamber they sat in. "Agh...B-Baralin? What the-...Why?"

Instead of asking where they were, Mullarus felt outward beyond the room with the Force. There was nothing beyond the walls but a few more rooms. They were on a starship. Not Patriot, though. Was this Baralin's starship? Maybe it belonged to her master. That fishhead, whose cheerful smile engraved itself into Mullarus' mind. That sadistic grin when the alien realized he was about to cut the head off of a Sith with his own exotic lightsaber. It enraged Mullarus.

But this was not the place to release it. Thankfully, Mullarus had mostly come to peace with how difficult it was for him to control his passion. As an Acolyte, it was a persistant problem, but he had learned much in his training, that included. He concealed his hatred for now. After all, Baralin was the reason he was still alive. If not for her stopping her master, Mullarus' head would likely be in a box on it's way to Darth Pyrrhus' desk. For that, he was grateful. But he would not forget how quick the Mon Cal was to try and slaughter him in cold blood.

For a man of 'honor', there was no honor in that.

[member="Darth Veles"] / [member="Kendrix"]

Kendrix’s eyes shifted as her master entered the room. He seemed rather disgruntled by their ‘catch.’ Kendrix found herself glaring at him as well. She wanted answers to everything. Why was Mullarus there? Why did they have him on their ship now? Before she could speak though he spoke, but his words didn’t dispel any of her concerns. They left a horrible taste in her mouth. She wasn’t proud of where she sat at the moment. The mission shouldn’t have been a success. Any other One Sith would have plunged their saber deep into Kendrix the second her back hit the wall. Mullarus wasn’t aiming to kill however. She escaped with the burn on her arm instead of her dying right there, because he didn’t seek to kill.

She could tell he wasn’t concerned at all for Mullarus’ well being. The words hitting her ear like someone striking a bell too hard. She frowned as she shook her head then stood up to meet her master, “He sleeps. Now get out. I will speak to him before seeing you forces hatred in his heart. You do not understand his true value and nor should you. Now go. I know what I must do.”

She motioned her master out with the wave of her hands closing the doors back to after he stepped through it. The last thing that needed to happen was the [member="Knight Mullarus"] turning on Kendrix as well. Whether the Lord [member="Darth Veles"] knew it or not a lot rode on what Kendrix said to the conscious Mullarus. She returned to her place on the cot beside his and waited as patiently as she could for him to wake. It felt like an eternity in only a few more minutes.

He startled her with how quickly he rose. Kendrix would have went to his side but she worried that he might start swinging. Last thing she wanted was hit in the jaw by this young man. Instead she watched him intently. Her eyes didn’t leave his figure. Her heart felt even more guilty however with every word he spoke.

“I… I don’t... Ú-iston,” Her arms wrapped around her knees as she paused trying to think of what to say. “Mullarus, had I known this to happen, I would not have agreed. I was under the impression that this was a simple act to show a nobleman he puts his faith in those who cannot fully protect him. I didn’t realize you would be there... Limbthír will not harm you. I will not let him. You are just and honorable. Let him see that, and he will know you are different from the One Sith. You have nothing to fear or worry over. Annon gwest... I promise.”

His vision became more clear, and his ears opened fully. He looked across the room again and saw Baralin more clearly now, with the stealthy robes she wore gone and now in more casual attire. Unlike himself, still dressed in his iconic armor.

He listened to her as she spoke to him. She sounded worried. For someone whom he could not contact for months, she really seemed like she was afraid of what he would do. It was good that she held her own master back from slaying him on the spot, or else Mullarus might have been more angered at her as well. Thankfully, his quarrel was not with her. "That sounds...somewhat reasonable? But reckless...you'll get yourself branded a traitor that way. Hell, Baralin, I could have killed you! I...am impressed at how well you fought, though. Good...job"

Mullarus had to take deep breaths between words. His implants were a bit damaged from [member="Darth Veles"]' Force Flare, which left them a bit glitchy. It was as if his internal organs now only worked at about half of their full efficiency, and would likely take a few more hours before he could move and breathe normally.

"We're...in a ship. Why? Where are...you taking me...? I'm...not your enemy..."

Many questions still burned Mullarus' mind. Most now were directed at [member="Kendrix"]'s amphibious master, the only being on this ship Mullarus was concerned was not a friend.

Suddenly, his hand caressed his belt to find the socket where his lightsaber hung to be empty. He panicked, sitting up straighter. "My lightsaber...did you leave it on Coruscant!?" Of many things, Mullarus was sentimentally attatched to his lightsaber. It was like a teenager with a smartphone. To be parted with it made Mullarus feel like there was a part of himself missing. Bleeding Cross was different from his basic first lightsaber which he shed no tears over losing on Balmorra. This one, however, was exotic, took hours of research to learn to craft, and many more hours of trial and error to complete. Of few things, Mullarus would not lose his lightsaber.

A small lighthearted smirk graced her face as he seemed genuinely concerned with her well being as well. She was here for a reason. If she were afraid to die or afraid to be a traitor she would return home to Retalik long ago. This wasn’t the case however. She knew what she was getting herself into. Instead of answering him right away, she sat and listened. Her smirk left her when she noticed his struggle. The deep breaths he took just to speak. He was slowly working himself up as well. That wasn’t good considering his current state. Kendrix slid closer to him taking his hands in her and making a shushing sound as she tried to help him calm down.

“Calm,” she gave his hands a sqeeze. “My master has you saber. It’s fine. As for why you are here or where we are going… I do not know. This was never discussed, but I won’t let harm come to you. You spared my life… I will make sure yours is spared in return. Now relax. Rest.”

Kendrix pulled her hands from his. Unsure what to do with them now, she put them together in her lap. She huffed then curled her lips slightly, “I could have killed you, too.”

She raised her right arm with the gauntlet then triggered the hidden blade. Her hand dropped as it retracted again, “I am happy to see you again however… Your hair is longer. It reminds me of home. Once a boy becomes a man, he grows his hair out to appear venerable… It suits you.”

[member="Knight Mullarus"] [member="Darth Veles"]

Her kindness was appreciated, though there was still a feeling in his gut that made him feel sick. The feeling of being defenseless on this ship commanded by a man who wanted nothing more than to kill him made him feel like he was an apprentice again with tons upon tons of metaphorical chains bound to his ankles, keeping him from moving anywhere else. The lack of freedom was sickening. What good was being free if you couldn't defend your right to keep it?

"Ah...I don't trust him with it...he wanted to kill me...with it..."

He tried to relax, but found it difficult to. If he relaxed, it became harder to breathe. His heart was beating faster, as well. He couldn't explain it. Was it Baralin? It felt more like it was just anxiety. Then she commented on how much she liked his hair as grown out as it was, and he felt more relaxed then. Did she have some sort of power that she could spin into her words to calm a man down? All of a sudden, even Mullarus' anxiety died down a bit and he suddenly felt reassured that everything would be okay. He chuckled awkwardly and brushed some of the thick black hair out of his face, "Th-thanks..."

[member="Kendrix"] / [member="Darth Veles"]

Kendrix smiled lightly at him. Her lips curled at the corners as she tried to hide it. She didn’t like the situation anymore than he did, and the first chance she got she planned to get him off the ship. Although, she wondered just where her master was going. They had already made a quick stop to a planet she was not familiar with. Part of her believed they were going to the capital planet of the Black Rose. His name wasn’t important. Mullarus could slip on and off with ease, but the thought of the Black Rose finding him sent a shiver through her spine. Her sister’s lover had a large mouth and Kendrix heard what they had done to the padawan they received in their clutches. The thought made her sick. Her master left one evil for the next. Kendrix continued to hold to herself. She held what loyalty she wanted to hold. At the moment that loyalty stretched to making sure Mullarus escaped safely.

“This reminds me of the laboratory workers,” Kendrix added to the previous conversation. “You were judged by my master like they were judged by The One Sith. Guilt by association, I believe is what the sith called it in their address to the Black Rose after the loicairon, Darth Venefica’s betrayal. My master believes the insanity of One Sith can not be reformed. They are like an ocean full of salt. Poor more water in and it does not delude it only add to it. This is why my master saw no dishonor with striking you down. Killing one is closer to an end to One Sith and it’s blight on the galaxy. I’m sure One Sith felt the same way when destroying the laboratories affiliated with Darth Venefica. They believed those were traitors as well and didn’t bother to get confirmation of the fact. You are fortunate unlike them. My master let me intervene. You were kept from your untimely death.”

Kendrix shook her head. Her tone wasn’t angry nor did she have any venom in her voice as she spoke to Mullarus, but the memory was an unwelcome one. The situations were similar however. Neither side was right. One side acted with ruthlessness however and the other sought to purge the galaxy. Neither were right in there method. However the jedi were proving that staying pure left the galaxy in more taint.

A brief halt in their flight across the galaxy was more than enough for Darth Veles to finish this business, marking an end of this ‘mission’, albeit not exactly in the same manner as he had planned – the possible connection between [member="Kendrix"] and [member="Knight Mullarus"] was something he had not anticipated. This presented the Sith Lord with several options and he’d be a fool not to grasp the chance of taking advantage of whatever relationship that blossomed between his apprentice and Mullarus. All in due time though; they were not ready for a proper introduction yet, leaving the captured knight in the Sith Acolyte’s care for now while Veles operated Your Deathbed and checked the ship’s supplies – he had not planned on another being sharing the food and water, meaning another pause became a necessity. The planet of Kesh serving as the Covenant of the Black Rose’s capital turned out to be their next stop, a place of momentary respite, though the Mon Cal Sith Lord had no intention of overstaying his welcome there; indeed, the amphibious assassin only wished to resupply and radically change the stealth vessel’s direction again.

A small package has been sent to [member="Darth Pyrrhus"], containing a familiar cross-like object in which the Togruta hopefully recognized his old apprentice’s lightsaber. Nothing unusual about that if one ignored the fact most lightsaber owners would never part with their signature weapons voluntarily; that, and a few drops of dried blood and skin adorned its metallic plating in the same place it had struck Mullarus’ head. To erase any doubt, a short message attached to the silver weapon addressed the recipient.

Dear Pyrrhus,
Your former student seems to have lost this. Not much of a duellist – I suggest sparing more time on his training.
Love, Avreet

The Black Rose. It all made sense now. That one group of Sith who always had bigger hearts and minds than the One Sith brutes. The ones branded traitors during Mullarus' apprentice training. The ones with the laboratories on his homeworld, Anaxes. He remembered being present during their destruction. He did not help, but he was there. It was one indication that Mullarus had aligned himself with a faction that will never have a problem with going to war, which is the one problem he has ever had with the Empire.

But Baralin - she was a part of them now? Did he now have an obligation to brand her and her master as enemies? Not only did he never want to kill Baralin, he didn't want more enemies in the galaxy.

He just sat there and nodded, listening.

The cabin fell silent as neither began to speak. Instead Kendrix’s eyes found themselves getting acquainted with the changes in Mullarus’ appearance. Her eyes tracing his form remembering him and learning new things about him. Her mother’s words hit her about the impoliteness of staring. As her eyes found his again she smiled lightly enjoying the dark blue color.

“Do you need nourishment?” She asked him gently. Her own skin appeared almost as a porcelain white from the lack of sunshine she needed. Eating would help and give her energy, but long trips in hyperspace took their toll on her and robbed her skin of its faint green tint. “You may be held on the ship but you are not confined here should you need food or drink. Would you like to get out of your armor before we go? Do you have clothing underneath it?”

If she needed to she was willing to grab something from her master's wardrobe dispite the difference in size of the two men.

Nourishment. Now that Mullarus thought of it...

"Water...do you mind?" Getting something wet and cold down his throat would probably help him recover from his miniature coma. "In the meantime...yeah, i'll-..." he paused, meeting her multi-colored gaze as she stared somewhat romantically into his eyes. It was flattering. If Mullarus didn't know any better, he might think she had feelings for him!

"I don't know if I can trust....being around your master...with no armor..."

“As you wish,” She answered lifting her chin then stood. “Come. You might be hungry as well and not realize it.”

Whether he liked it or not she helped him off the cot then walked with him to the kitchen area on Your Deathbed. Her master was still unseen but she imagined he was somewhere. Most likely the cockpit. Kendrix left Mullarus at the table then brought him his glass of water along with a bowl of potato salad from the fridge that her master had made the night before.

“I appologize, but my master does not keep meat,” She told him as she sat down and served herself. “His master, the Lady Zarrah, choses against eating it, and I myself cannot digest it properly because I am a Theowei. This is good however. Not the best, but Limbthír takes the time to make it.”

She watched him again for a moment this time to see if he was improving. She subconsciously furrowed her brow as she tried to make sense of what was wrong with him.

Surprisingly, Mullarus was still able to stand up straight. Well, mostly straight. He may have had to lean on a nearby wall every dozen steps or so, but he was improving. His breathing started to slow down a bit, too, and it helped even more when he downed half of the glass of water he was given.

Mullarus was not particularly hungry, however, especially not for some smelly, day-old potato salad. He gave Baralin a nod as thanks, but did his best to focus more on drinking the water than the stinky food. "I appreciate this, Baralin. Really. I can't remember the last time I was given such hospitality. Except...well, never mind." The last time he could remember being treated so nicely by a woman was his own mother. The thought hurt.

"Thank you."

Thankful for her, but the anger still burned the back of his mind at how he was humiliated by her master. Without his lightsaber, there was nothing more he could do. He was at his mercy now, and he had a feeling this theowei woman's word alone wouldn't be enough to quench the alien's lust for Sith blood.

The two started moving. It felt strange to have a prisoner wander around his ship, but Darth Veles trusted [member="Kendrix"]’ judgement and abilities to handle the disarmed opponent if necessary. Still, with the man finally conscious, it might be good to have a talk with him and let the ‘guest’ know where he stood. Eerily silent and long strides carried the Sith Lord through the ship’s cold and impersonal corridors, occasionally brightened by a woman’s touch – lady Zarrah’s touch, obviously, that made the ship look much more liveable than it was before. Making a mental note to inform the red-skinned beauty of the unexpected conclusion as soon as Your Deathbed touched the ground of Kesh, Veles adjusted the heavy cloak adorning his shoulders, concealing the twin curved metallic hilts dangling from his belt. With a stone cold expression, the Mon Cal marched into the kitchen, clasping his webbed hands behind his back as both big bulbous eyes observed the two beings already inside. The lack of restraints on the supposed prisoner slightly concerned the Sith Lord, but only a passing frown crossed his features.

“You’re finally awake. Good.” Veles stated, letting his thick accent fill the small area, and took one stop closer to the man, amber gaze burning holes into the knight’s skull.

“I believe it is time for a proper introduction, [member="Knight Mullarus"]; I am Darth Veles, but please, call me Avreet,” both orbs darted towards the young Theowei, only to return to the black-haired man a moment later, “And it appears you already know my charming apprentice. Excellent! Then allow me to welcome you aboard as our guest – there is no reason for you to worry for as long as it stays that way.”

Another step closer and the Mon Cal nonchalantly invaded his guest’s personal space.

“If you cooperate and do as I say, I give you my word as a Sith you will live,” he explained calmly in a tone equally soothing and threatening – entirely depending if the man wished to escape or not. Of course, to greatly reduce such possibility, the ship would make only as many stops as necessary to refuel and resupply.

“Do you understand everything I told you, Knight?”

Finally, the alien of the hour entered the kitchen area and began his introduction. It was surprisingly friendly for someone who just took him prisoner. Upon seeing [member="Darth Veles"], or as he would prefer to be called, "Avreet", Mullarus stood to full height, feeling threatened. Threatened, but not threatening in return. He furrowed his brow at the alien, looking to his belt to see two lightsabers hanging from it, but neither his. Two curved lightsabers. They did look very nice. His research had told him that most curved-hilt designs were made to enhance the user's dexterity. They were loved by masters of Form II, a form Mullarus currently would be working on learning if he hadn't been taken captive.

"...Very well...Avreet. Baralin spoken highly of you in the past. Why you were having her steal from a Sith Lord, I don't know. Why you are acting against the One Sith, I do not know either. Why you have decided to claim me as a prisoner aboard your vessel...I am most confused of." Mullarus began to pace around the kitchen. He tried not to look angry, though he did feel some anger mixed with the same confusion he had felt since he was brought on board. Sure, he would probably take pleasure in wrecking the entire ship, but he was still a bit tired from recent events, and he also was not keen on fighting in another enclosed space. Especially with a Sith Lord.

"I appreciate your word as a Sith, and you'll have mine that I won't plunge a knife in your back if you don't try to kill me. I just want to know one thing, Lord Veles." His expression turned more serious, "Where is my lightsaber?"

“Baralin.”

The Sith Lord slowly repeated the word in a whisper, savouring the sound of it like a delicacy, and turned his large head to allow his eyes fall upon the Theowei. Still possessing no knowledge of the exact nature of the relationship between his apprentice and [member="Knight Mullarus"], Veles added the strange word on the list of things he had to ask her about later. Not now though, not in front of this man if it could be avoided. A significant glare sent her way and the Sith assassin’s head moved in the knight’s direction again. His words did not particularly help his case – the loyalty to the monster that was the One Sith disgusted Veles, but the short urge to slay the man where he stood failed to live long enough for the Sith Lord to actually take the idea into consideration. With the amber gaze of the Mon Cal constantly following the prisoner, never letting his escape from sight, the amphibian addressed the question, offering an answer the guest surely did not want to hear.

“As of right now?” one of Avreet’s webbed claws tapped his lips, a quizzical look spread over his expression, and the Sith let silence fill the room as he though, “Most likely close to Duro and on its way to Coruscant. I am positive your old master will get it soon, though.”

Unless the ship carrying the valuable cargo of packages met an unfortunate end, that is. Way too many beings found it easy to profit in the galaxy ravaged by war and terror. Veles sincerely hoped no pirates dared to ruin his little joke.

After letting the truth about Mullarus’ lightsaber sink in, the amphibious Sith Lord continued.

“It is for your own safety – neither I nor my apprentice want our guests to hurt themselves. Considering your allegiance to the One Sith, the probability of such event was quite high. I am sure you understand.”

Alarms rang out in a signal they have left the hyperspace and were rapidly closing on Kesh. Spinning on his heel to face the Theowei Acolyte, Veles offered her one of his smiles.

“Apprentice, ensure our guest is comfortable enough to not even think about leaving Your Deathbed after we land. Also, I’ll accept your suggestion for our next destination – a safer destination than this, if you know what I mean.”

A knowing look’s been sent her way, obviously referring to the Covenant’s methods of handling prisoners and men. Given the captive was both and a One Sith member on the top of that, Veles knew this stop would be as brief as possible, with no information provided to whoever might ask. Fortunately, the Sith knew mercy; if the man tried to escape, he’d end his life and spare him the unspeakable things awaiting him at the hands of catgirls.

"And Baralin," he turned around before leaving the kitchen, revealing the smirk that had something to do with the careful way he pronounced Kendrix' name, but the smile faded almost instantly, "Never follow in your sister's footsteps. You're better than that."

It wasn't the tone of a Sith Lord talking to his apprentice, more like a worried father offering an advice to his daughter; honest and genuine, filled with bright warmth representing how much the amphibian cared for his student. The connection between the two women was something Darth Veles loathed; not only each meeting between them threatened to jeopardize all of his efforts, it mocked him with the possibility of poisoning the Theowei's mind and turning [member="Kendrix"] into a mirror image of her sister. An insane Dark Jedi spitting on Sith ways. One final insult to the Sith Order delivered by the One Sith, unless he managed to turn the situation around and produce an excellent Sith following in his and Zarrah's footsteps. Removing the poisonous snake out of equation became the most logical choice. Killing two flies in one hit and savouring the sweet taste of revenge; Veles knew exactly what had to be done.

For now, he retreated to the cockpit and carefully guided the ship towards Kesh, yet his mind paid no more attention that necessary to the growing planet approaching the sleek vessel.

Kendrix was about to reply to Mullarus’ thanks when her master entered the room. She imagined the exchange between the two men to be a tense conversation, but not as tense as she originally assumed. The conversation between the two was bizarrely civil. Kendrix trusted Darth Veles’ word when he admitted no harm would come as long as Mullarus didn’t try anything himself. The last time they met Mullarus was a brash young man. He seemed to mature however. Kendrix held no fear that hostilities would happen later between them.

Baralin. The name sounded odd coming from the tongue of her master. In truth, the name still sounded odd when Mullarus spoke it. Before the only person to utter it was her father. The memory of him still sent a pain to her heart. Limbthír eased some of that strain however. He and the lady, Zarrah, filled a gap long left empty by her father’s disappearance and her mother’s lack of love.

She ignored him when he wanted a suggestion for the next location. She didn’t know any planets except for in sith space and black rose. It seemed silly he requested a planet from her. Baralin. The name forced her to acknowledge him again looking into his large bulbous eyes as he spoke. Her sister. So many things were confusing to Kendrix. Her sister being one of them. Her sister reminded her of their mother. The last thing Kendrix wanted to be was her mother. Fear consumed her with the thought that she was already doomed to her mother’s inability to feel and act on love.

She gave her master a slight nod then as he left she stood and drew a pitcher of water for Mullarus, “Would you like to return to the cot to lie down? You might as well rest. Now is not the time to leave the ship. The Dark Jedi of the Black Rose do not take prisoners like my master does. You can trust me and my master when I say no harm will come to you with us, but if they find you, they will likely turn you into a woman with cat ears and a tail on top of other unsavory actions to your body… Sadly, I am not lying.”

Kendrix placed the pitcher on the table. Then sat down to her breakfast. Her eyes stared off at the moment her mind returning to her homeworld and to the memories of her childhood and her father, “I have a confession… I hope you do not think less of me. My name was Baralissel, Baralin, but only to my father. Everyone else knows my by the name my mother gave me. Kendrix. I gave you Baralin due to the previous threats of One Sith claiming they will give the names of all associated with the Loicairon, Darth Venefica… You see whether I chose affiliation to her or not... Darth Venefica is my sister. They see me as a traitor to One Sith for that reason alone.”

[member="Darth Veles"] [member="Knight Mullarus"]

Mullarus was infuriated to hear that the Mon Cal had sent his lightsaber away in a box to his master. If Pyrrhus thought he was dead, the Sith Lord would surely show every bit of wrath in his hateful body to the Covenant of the Black Rose. This, Mullarus was certain of. He knew his master. Just as there was a special place in the togruta's stone-cold heart for Darth Azurea, there was a place for himself as well.

But he said nothing more to the alien before he turned and exited, seeming to put emphasis on Baralin's name, as if surprised to hear it. Mullarus would heed their warning about staying away from the rest of the Covenant. Mullarus helped bring down their banner on his homeworld, Anaxes. He wouldnt want to face their wrath. He sat back down in time for Baralin to return to his quarters. "Maybe in a bit. I need to stretch my legs a little bit. I'm already feelinf cramped."

Then, it came as a big surprise to hear what she had to say next. She appeared to have a few names. Baralissel, Baralin, @Kendrix. Which was it?

But the biggest surprise was hearing that the infamous Venefica was her own sister. Mullarus' eyes widened and his jaw dropped a bit, "Oh...wow. That's interesting...to say the least. Well...I have no reason to hate you for any of this. Baralissel, Baralin, Kendrix...which do you prefer, because they are all equally as unique to my ears?"

[member="Darth Veles"]

All three names hit Kendrix ear and she ducked her head slightly at each one. He would never understand just how important his next question would be to her. Which do you prefer? Names were an important part of the Theowei culture. A name told just who they were. Her father and her both knew that she was that fiery eyed girl. Her mother stopped her from taking that title.

“Baralin,” Kendrix lifted herself proudly and smiled warmly at Mullarus. Baralissel would be forever reserved for her father, and as odd as Baralin sounded in use, it did not sound nearly as odd as when Kendrix left Mullarus’ mouth. No. For him, she would be Baralin. He was use to it after all, and that was the name she prefered.

“Thank you… Knight Mullarus,” she spoke softly and gently. Her hand moved her hair back behind her ear then her eyes followed her hand down to her lap. “For… Understanding.”

He nodded, finishing the last gulp of water in his glass. "So be it. You may call me Mullarus. Knight Mullarus sounds...well, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. At least, not yours. You're not an apprentice of mine, nor are you inferior. You're my friend. Talk to me like one." He said, completely serious. He tried to make it sound like it wasn't a threat, for the way he worded it almost sounded like it was.

Mullarus stood up and faced Baralin once again, "I'll be right back. I need out of this armor...I hope I do not regret it." His heavy footsteps then took him back to his quarters, where he would begin to take off his armor piece-by-piece and slip on some lightweight, silky black robes. As he did so, his mind toyed with how many names Baralin had. They must have had different meanings. Did Veles not know of her other names besides Kendrix? Should he refer to her as that in public? Did it really matter? She made it look like it mattered a lot to her, and frankly, Mullarus was starting to care what she thought of him. What would become of that feeling, he wondered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom