Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unshatterable

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
It seemed Valik's acquaintance Rave Merrill had been busy before her High Councilship. Or perhaps during, he had little clue how things were going now that she seemingly aged six or seven years. In anycase, she had given him the information regarding a pair of women he believed to be HRD's, and also seemingly made a connection with the man who'd famously created the Dread Guard, a clone army rumored to be immune to the effects of the Force. A fascinating idea, with untold potential. He wouldn't have minded seeing if he could have made a few Sithspawn immune to the effects of the Force himself, put a little alchemy in and then render them immune to the Force and you have excellent shock troopers. If the processes were compatible that was.

In any case, he wished to learn of this power, and how it was achieved. Using contact information he obtained from the aforementioned High Councilor he sent the Mandalorian a message.

To: @[member="Isley Verd"]

I am a scientist and alchemist of no small ability, who deals in weapons, armors, and other various trinkets and devices. I make only the best, and can custom order an item to suit your needs, whatever they may be. I have reason to believe you are a capable man, one not only deserving of the fruits of my labor, but also able to afford my services. If you are interested in achieving your true potential, I'd enjoy having an opportunity to meet you and perhaps entertain your desires.

-V

In recent history, the Mandalorian known as Isley Verd had made some rather...impressive...friends. Of these, Rave Merrill had seen fit to personally instruct him in the ways of biological, Sith Alchemy; and from this a new contact was made. Every now and again, his personal terminal would light up with a message from Fringe space, sent from Rave's number and communication would take place. However, this time Isley's terminal lit up with a new message from an individual he had never met before. What's more, the contents of the message piqued the Mandalorian's interest immensely. At present, he had been wearing the suit of Songsteel armor he had pilfered off the body of a deceased pilot, adjusted for his size, due to the destruction of his Beskar'gam at the hands of Ket Van Derveld. It was an embarrassmnt, to say the least, and a viable replacement was required. Immediately.

And so, this message was nothing short of a God-sent; and the Mandalorian responded in turn.

To: @[member="Valik"]

A pleasure to make your acquaintance V. Your message could not have arrived at a better time. I have found myself in dire need of a replacement set of beskar'gam, as mine was recently destroyed. However, the method of its destruction has me concerned. It is an elementary task to request a new set of armor from my people, but it is nay impossible to defend against the so-called Shatterpoint utilized to decimate it. So, do you have any means of making a suit of armor that would be immune to this tactic?

I look forward to your response.
-DM.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
It seemed the man was desperate, which was excellent. Gave him a better bargaining position. Shatterpoint though, he had not heard of such a technique. Before replying to the man he took a trip to his dataterminal and began slicing into the Fringe's database. He has clearance for most everything, but that left no fun in the retrieval, and what better way to make sure the cyberwarfare techs were earning their keep.

It was 2 stand hours and thirteen minutes later he had access to the database. Sixteen more minutes than his last attempt. They were learning. He'd have to write a recommendation when this was over. It took a little while longer after that to find the data he needed, only finding a highly classified file with the information he needed. It seemed Shatterpoint was a way to see faultlinesxin the Force, to attack an object at it's weakest point. The technique was . . . startling, to say the least. Still, there was a loophole there. One he knew he could exploit. Valik closed the data, fried the system with a little lightning, and headed to a new terminal.

To:DM

I'll admit I hadn't heard of the technique 'Sharterpoint' before now, but after a little research I am confident I can remedy your predicament. However, the process is not easy or cheap. Men like you and I do not deal in credits, but rarities. I had heard through various networks less secure than they believed themselves to be that you have managed to create an army of men and women immune to the Force. A DNA sample of both male and female templates wouls be sufficient payment. If you agree to this I'll gather my supplies and set up a meeting location.

-V

@[member="Isley Verd"]

The response was not immediate by any stretch of the imagination. However, Isley found himself sitting on the edge of his seat the entire time, awaiting a response to his transmission. As such, the Mandalorian laid the datapad upon the desk of his private quarters and kicked his feet up; leaning back in his chair. There was not much more that he could do aside from playing the waiting game...and an hour in Isley began to doze off. The eventual response from the alchemist served as an excellent alarm clock, for as soon as the "Ding" filled the room he was wide awake. He then pulled the datapad into his hands and quickly read the response. Then, he began to formulate a proper response.

To: V

Very well, I do believe that to be fair payment. Send me the coordinates and I will have your payment ready. For this, would you prefer that I bring along raw beskar or should I have the armor forged already?

-DM

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Isley's response was near immediate, it seemed the man was waiting for his reply. Further signs of his desperation, or respect for Valik's product. He couldn't be certain, but either case was ideal for the business minded alchemist. He cracked his knuckles before typing on his holopad once again.

To: DM

If you wish for this ability to be transferred to your Beskar'Gam I'd recommend making it after we conclude our business, and having the armor crafted around the amulet I will create. The coordinates are Q-8, we'll meet on the jungle moon of Va'art in three day's time. Be ready for a bit of exotic hunting.

-V

Three days later Warren Valik arrived on the Jungle Moon of Va'art in a Tepus Ardent Bulk Freighter with the transponder codes matching a ship called Unshatterable. A clear sign of where to go. As always, when he conducted business he carried a Force Disperser to hide his Force Signature and used a touch of Mask to hide his identity, taking the form of a Lorrdian. He waited outside his ship with a lightsaber at his belt and a rifle slung over his back. Now all he had to do was sit and wait.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

With the final message received, the Mandalorian began the process of preparing for the trip. He had made absolutely certain to divvy his time up wisely until the appointed day and made a swift trip to Manda'lor in order to set up the necessary arrangements. Upon his return for this trip, Isley would be having his new Beskar'gam forged, plain and simple. There was no need for a response, for the message was as clear as crystal. Then, on the appointed day, the Mandalorian's vessel disembarked from the corvette that had brought him into orbit. As quickly as possible, Isley steered his vessel in the direction of the Unshatterable and landed not to afar off. Upon disembarking, his form was revealed to the Alchemist. Isley had the helmet of his former beskar'gam upon his face, coupled with his backup, Songsteel armor. Just as Valik had taken steps to conceal his identity, so had the Mandalorian.

Striding forth, he greeted the man with a wave of his hand; within which he held clutched a single pod. Within it were the chilled, DNA samples that the Alchemist desired for payment. Isley then stowed it within the pouch on his belt, demonstrating the first rule of business: "never pay until you see the product." Like the Alchemist, he had his lightsaber on hand, in addition to a duo of CZ-835 Machine Pistols.

"A pleasure to finally see you in person." he said, greeting the Alchemist with a nod.

@[member="Valik"].

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"Likewise" Valik said as he extended a hand to meet @[member="Isley Verd"]'s. "Victor Stone." He gave a psuedonym, not breaking physically or in the Force due to the lie. He had gone by so many different names now, he couldn't even remember them all. "There are many semi-sentient and non-sentient creatures in the galaxy that can touch the Force. The most famous are the Ysalamir and Vornskr of Mrkyr, but Va'art is home to a lesser known species." He said as he let the Mandalorian Sith's hand go, and headed into the jungle.

"There is a slug called a Taozin by the locals. It has evolved to be able to appear as if it is invisible in the Force. Makes the beast remarkably difficult to track, but from them an amulet can be made that can make's one invisible in the Force. If you were to put this in the middle of a beskar'gam it would make the armor invisible in the Force, as well as it's wearer. And, if one can't see the armor in the Force, one can't see shatterpoints in the Force." He explained as they progressed into the forest.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

After a firm shake was rendered, the Mandalorian rectracted his hand and promptly folded his arms about his chest. Then, he hearkened to the words that the Alchemist uttered, nodding along as he spoke. The potential of this Taozin slug was immense and it would most definitely address the threat of Shatterpoint...in addition to giving him an impressive edge over his general opponents. As such, a smile began to form upon his lips and the Mandalorian drew forth one of his Machine Pistols.

"A pleasure, Mr. Stone." he said, checking the weapon's ammunition, "Darth Metus at your service. Though I'm sure Rave informed you of who I am. That said...I cannot begin to express my...excitement...This would certainly eliminate my the problem of Shatterpoint. So, how do we find these Taozin?"

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Darth Metus. He could sense from the man's power that the title was legitimate, with 'Darth' being warranted. Valik himself had a right to the title as well, but had not claimed a name as a Sith Lord. He didn't believe power was in a name, so it wasn't necessary to waste time coming up with a title. If anyone had a question of whether or not he was truly Sith, well, he'd reassure them soon enough.

"The Taozin is not a normal slug. It can grow up to around twenty meters long and has skin that can stop the blow of a lightsaber. They create huge webs with which to trap and kill their targets." He said, as they combed through the jungle before finally arriving at the mouth of a dark cavern. "Quite simply, we're going to follow the bones and look for silk." He said as he entered the cavern.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

The Mandalorian gave a chuckle at the description of the beast's size and what they were looking for; and had to resist the urge to laugh aloud upon reaching the entrance of the cave. Simply put, Isley had been in similar situations before...and hunting such a beast would, hopefully, be enough to settle in his mind that he had earned the armor as opposed to simply purchasing it with the blood of his comrades. Upon entering the darkness, his helm's mounted lights illuminated the way forward and Isley was certain to load BANG slugs into the chamber of his weapon. If the slug they were looking for could shrug off a lightsaber, then Isley was going to be absolutely certain to bring the heat.

"Sounds to me like worthy prey..." he commented, following along diligently.

@Valik

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik nodded at the man's brief assessment. "Not the most interesting of prey I've hunted before, but it's up there." He said, having been on several hunts of several different beasts over the years. He'd recently made a Sithspawn that was an amalgamation of such beasts, and had other plans for other creating other monstrosities as well. The Taozin was in truth, just another job to him, as it should be for any alchemist with any work in biology.

As he continued into the caverns darkness crept upon them. Valik could see in the dark with aid of a ring made by Rave Merrill, and the Mandalorian likely had a filter in his helmet, so he assumed they'd continue without any hitch. As they went farther and farther into the caverns they spotted remains of many creatures, mostly unidentifiable. Silky-like webs could be seen on the walls, as tracks of large legs could be seen imprinting into the dirt. They were getting closer.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

As the duo trudged along, the silken webs began to appear with more and more frequency. Isley, of course, raised his guard in response, for the Taozin could be around the corner. "I've been in similar shoes." he commented, referencing his experience diving into a ship full of Sithspawn and his mission to clear out Taris of Rakghoul. However, he did not explicitly state these events, for that was too much information; especially for one he just met. Hell, the Alchemist hadn't even called him handsome yet! Humorous thoughts aside, Isley stepped onward with vigilance until he saw movement. Raising his pistols, the Mandalorian took aim and squinted...yep, it was a massive slug alright.

"Oh look, a slug." he said with a smirk, opening fire.

@[member="Valik"].

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik looked around the corner.

250px-Taozin.JPG

"Oh look, a slug." The customer said before opening fire with a couple of cheap machine pistols. The worm turned over in response, letting a little blood, but not yet heavily damaged by the weak armor piercing of the CZ-835. Valik himself brought out his Gorgon rifle, and began shooting a web of stokhli spray at the creature. The web's electric power was strong enough to take down a Gundark, but this creature was significantly larger. In response to the pain of the two weapons in screeched a loud and horrible cry that echoed throughout the cavern, before violently ejecting silk aimed at Valik and Isley, aiming to trap it's attackers.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

As the machine pistols unleashed their rounds upon the Slug's form, minute charges rippled off of the surface of its skin. The rounds were specifically designed to blast through armor of durasteel level consistency; and as such they weren't that effective against the Taozin's carapice. As such, Isley holstered his blasters and began to mimic the tactic of his Alchemist affiliate: electricity. His right hand thrust forward, summoning forth a torrent of Force Lightning...whose existence was brief as the Mandalorian had to kick on his jetpack in order to alleviate himself from the silk being ejected in his direction. Once airborne, the Mandalorian continued to assault the Slug with Force Lightning, utilizing both hands for the task.

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik dropped to the floor as Metus took the air, and used a healthy bit of telekinesis to redirect the flow of silken web away from him. Metus had abandoned his machine pistols and began laying on the creature with lightning, as Valik rose back when the time was safe and continued pounding the creature with Stokhli Spray. The beast riled and flailed in protest, but the combined electric might of the two Sith Lords was too much for the slug, and with their combined might it soon fell to the ground. Normally Valik would use the Force to make sure the beast was dead, but as the Taozin hid itself in the Force this was impossible. So he layed down his rifle, pulled out a knife and held the blade for a minute with his hands. Valik was one of the few, if not the only, men in the galaxy who not only could make a Sith Sword, but could put the process on a knife or similarly small object while on the go with little taxation. After a few seconds of focus he levitated the knife before violently throwing it into the Taozin, a feat of minor ballistakinesis.

The slug did not move. A good sign. Taking it Valik headed over to his knife and pulled it out of the beast. "Come over here. The amulet is made from the skin of the Taozin. I'f we're going to put in your armor we'll need proper sizing. Lay down next to it."

@[member="Isley Verd"]

Between the combined efforts of the Sith and the Alchemist, the Slug breathed its last. Upon falling to the earth, the Mandalorian descended back to the cavern floor and joined Valik, striding over the few steps in order to inspect the beast. It was quite the unique kill, to say the least. Upon being given instruction to lay down beside the beast, Isley gave a simple nod and said: "Very well." Two steps bore him over to the carcass of the beast and he laid down beside it. "Measure me like one of your Corellian girls."

@[member="Valik"].

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
The alchemist made a smirk as he came to the side of the man and judged his thickness. "I'm not sure you'd enjoy that. I don't stop often at measuring." He said, before plunging the knife into the beast and cutting out a rough outline of the man, a few more inches wider than he was. He'd cut two, and hopefully they'd be wide enough to wrap around his body, and the inside of his armor as well. "If I may Metus, what is it that you play with?" He asked as he continued digging and pulling into the beast to skin it. "I have my metals and beasts, Rave has her magics. What does the Mandalorian do outside of his armor?" He asked as he finished cutting the first mold.

"You can get up now. I can trace the second cut from this one." He said and pulled out the skin and laid it on another section of the slug, and began again getting to work.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

The Mandalorian could not help but chuckle at the comment and let that one slide. After all, the last thing Metus needed was an Alchemist on the side. Once the rough outline was cut, Isley sat up and then stood to his feet, giving his associate a polite nod. "Well," he began, folding his arms across his chest, "Sorcery and Mentalism are my strengths; coupled with the basics." He then stepped away from the Alchemist's work and watched intently. "So tell me," he said, giving into sheer curiosity, "how long have you been in business?"

@[member="Valik"].

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"I've been practicing alchemy at a decent level since Desmius ran the Empire. Didn't really go out on my own until Tyrin assumed the throne." He said as he continued cutting the outline of the outline. "I've probably been the best in the business since . . . Around the time the Fringe began I suppose." He said, still edging his blade away.

"Mentalism though? A useful, if unappreciated talent." He said as he went from torso to leg. "One I must confess I know little of. Which has been an issue as of late. Normally I needn't worry about this or that talent, as I tend to get by with merely creating my own equivalents." He continued as he looped around to cutting the second leg. "However, recently I have come to acquire a Sith with little talent in alchemy, but much focus in the mind." He said, as he finished cutting apart the second piece of skin. "Would you happen to need an apprentice Metus?"

@[member="Isley Verd"]

"A shame you didn't tarry in the Empire longer," commented the Mandalorian as he took two steps back so that he might lean his form up against the nearest wall, "we might have crossed paths then. My first and only Master was Tyrin's right hand, so to speak, so my involvement with the Dark Side started there." Whilest the words escaped his helmet, the Mandalorian continued to follow the dance of th blade within the Alchemist's hand. "I agree with you entirely on that subject." he replied, commenting about the usefulness of Mentalism, "one can utilize lightning and larger powers to their heart's content, but if one's mind is feeble they are easy prey. However, you have earned my respect in regards to your equivalents. The Galaxy is chock full of those who simply ignore their shortcomings, whereas you have taken it upon yourself to bridge the gap with your own equivalents. Well done, good sir."

If Isley wore a monocle, this would be the part where he adjusted it.

"I am in need of a new, capable apprentice worthy of my instruction, yes. What is the name of this individual?"

@[member="Valik"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom