Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC [Unit] Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest Moe Uilor

Coruscant Security Force
svjbudd.png
Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force
header7.png
Out of Character Information
Intent: The creation of a small Special Forces unit for use during Dominions, Invasions, or Threads.
Image Credit: The Silver Jedi Order's very own [member='Celeste Rigel'].
Role: The Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force are small, elite infiltration units of the Silver Jedi Order, meant to deploy ahead of a main ground attack force in order to perform reconnaissance and make preparations for the arrival of the main force.
Links: None.

header7.png
General Information
Unit Name: Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force
Affiliation: Order of the Silver Jedi
Classification: Infiltrators
Equipment:
[tr]​
[th]Type of Equipment[/th]​
[th]Manufacturer[/th]​
[th]Product Line[/th]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Ship[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Armor[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Armor[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Droid[/td]​
[td]Saotome Foundry[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Assault Rifle[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Sidearm[/td]​
[td]Sasori Research[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Melee[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Melee[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Sniper Rifle[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Explosive/Grenade[/td]​
[/tr]​
[tr]​
[td]Miscellaneous[/td]​
[td]Ranger Multi-Tool[/td]​
[/tr]​
Description: The Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force operate in very small units of five, usually very deep behind enemy lines. Given those conditions, where your unit is only as strong as its weakest member, Pathfinders have a strong tendency to give it their all for the sake of the unit. Having suffered hardshipstogether, often from the very start of their training, they know each other better than their partners and significant others do and, as in many other elite units throughout the Galaxy regardless of affiliation, it creates a very strong esprit de corps.

Clad in their black Ghost Stealth Armor and wielding a variety of silenced state-of-the-art weaponry, the Pathfinders take special pride in what they often see as their art; silent infiltration and being the very last thing their enemies never saw.

header7.png
Combat Information
Unit Size: Small
Unit Availability: Rare
Unit Experience: Elite
Combat Function: As an infiltration force, each unit of the Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force places a lot of emphasis on stealth. Operating in small groups of five with handler support provided by their orbiting mothership, the Panthera-class Stealth Frigate, these units are meant to deploy ahead of the main ground attack force and either verify pre-existing intelligence or, if this is not available, gather intelligence by themselves. While experienced and highly trained, the Pathfinder units are not meant for front-line combat due to their lack of heavy support weapons and their very small numbers. Instead, once the main ground attack forces have arrived, these units serve as either saboteurs to wreak havoc behind enemy lines, or as forward reconnaissance units.
Strengths and Weaknesses:
+Elite Infiltrators: The Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force are very experienced infiltration units, specialized in silent insertion deep behind enemy lines and stealth warfare.
+High-quality equipment: As specialized stealth units, the Pathfinders are carrying state-of-the-art equipment with them into battle, allowing them to strike precise, silent, and very deadly.
-Small unit size: The Pathfinder Units operate in very small units to maximize infiltration efficiency. If they are spotted however, they are very easily outnumbered.
-Lacking heavy support weapons: Only carrying suppressed weapons that enable precision strikes, the Pathfinders lack the firepower to throw a punch if necessary and instead have to rely on heavier units during prolonged firefights.

header7.png
Historical Information
The Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force began as an experiment; a joint project to combine the specialized firepower of the Antarian Rangers with the infiltration capabilities of the Silver Shadows. After much trial and error, which was an almost unavoidable side-effect after the two semi-independent organisations, both with very differing ideas and perspectives on what the end result should be like, began to pool their expertise and resources together for a joint project, Project Pathfinder eventually began to take shape. In the two years that followed, many of the core aspects that now make up the very basis of the Pathfinder Force were established; the focus of stealth and infiltration over superior firepower, and the doctrine of close mutual support with heavier units to compensate. As a subsequent result of improving the efficiency of said mutual support, the Pathfinder Force was eventually integrated into the command structure of the Antarian Rangers and established as the Antarian Rangers Pathfinder Force as it is today.

Nesota Kynnovan said:
Equipment: Type of Equipment Manufacturer Product Line Armor Locke and Key Mechanics Ghost Stealth Armor Armor Order of the Silver Jedi Battle Dress Uniform Droid Saotome Foundry Sentinel Archive Droid Assault Rifle Locke and Key Mechanics Variable Ammunition Assault Rifle System Sidearm Sasori Research SHG-001 Ranger Field Pistol Melee Locke and Key Mechanics Shiva Throwing Knife Melee Sasori Research SCK-007 Ranger Combat Knife Sniper Rifle Locke and Key Mechanics Jackal Sniper Rifle Explosive/Grenade Lucerne Personal Defense LPD-12 Hydra Electronet Grenade Miscellaneous Sasori Research Ranger Multi-Tool

The Ghost Stealth Armor, Variable Ammunition Assault Rifle System, Shiva Throwing Knife and Jackal Sniper Rifle all have Closed Market Affiliation. There are no purchase links in the unit sub.

Do you have permission from the submitter to use these items? The submitter giving your submission a 'like' would suffice.

Nesota Kynnovan said:
Operating in small groups of five with handler support provided by their orbiting mothership, the Panthera-class Stealth Frigate,
The link to the Panthera does not work. It leads back to this unit submission. Please hyperlink the ship.

Nesota Kynnovan said:
Affiliation: Order of the Silver Jedi

Please hyperlink Order of the Silver Jedi.

[member="Nesota Kynnovan"]

Honest Moe Uilor

Coruscant Security Force
I poked [member='John Locke'] to verify his approval. He already gave it on Discord (he is the one who pointed it out to me in the first place), but to make it official I asked if he could give it in this thread as well!

The link to the Panthera was a little wonky and I couldn't get it to properly work after several attempts, so I just pulled the link and added it to the equipment list.

I hyperlinked the affiliation to the Silver Jedi Order!

[member='Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori']

Thank you for clarifying. Locke's confirmed this with a like, so that's all in order.

Having looked at the Panthera sub, I've seen it's manufactured by Kiribian Systems Armoury and has Private Market in its Affiliation, which I understand to be akin to Closed Market. I know that the submitter is a member of SJO, but have you/the faction received permission to use the ship?

Once that question has been settled, we can move ahead. Nice specops sub.

Honest Moe Uilor

Coruscant Security Force
Hello, thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate that you're on top of things like this. :D

Since the person who initially created this ship isn't around anymore, or barely as much as she used to be (I sent her a PM a couple of weeks ago, but she has yet to read it), I asked John Locke if he knew what to do. He mentioned that the ship is in our faction forums as an allowed ship, and that it should be permission for the faction to use it. In theory, I think... I have no experience with the Codex whatsoever.

[member='Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori']

Ok, had a look at the armoury list and the company listing page in SJO forums and conferred with another member of Codex staff. The ship is listed in the inventory and the company page indicates that this means KSA is letting SJO use stuff that's mentioned there.

So I think the ship can stay. If the ship's submitter responds otherwise in the pm, it'll have to be removed. That said, this unit is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom