Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Unholy Matrimony

Ravenous

R
Blue streaks of light cut through the bridge of Ravenous' Cruiser as it barreled through hyperspace on route to the water world of Kodai an ancient Sith compound nestled in its depths. Much has changed since his last venture to this horrid world and all its malevolent energies, Firstly his connection to Nihilus has strengthened, and Secondly this time his influence in the underworld has yield extra help and equipment to ensure this incursion runs smoothly.

"How much longer until we reach the system?" He inquired as a male Chiss with barely any meat on his bones rocketed out his seat eager to report their progress. "We are around 10 minutes from the system. Your fighter has been prepared and the crew is ready to assist at your discretion." The sound of reverberating metal accompanied Ravenous's folded arms as he lost himself in deep contemplation. Am I ready for what this entails? Is the threat this Lich represents so preeminent that I'd be willing to risk my neck just to cut it in two? Doubt gently caressed the surface of his emotions while the Dark Jedi plummeted into a void created by his hand...He was afraid.

Not afraid of the power of the Lich. No horror exuded from the prospect of vanishing from the face of the galaxy, never having brought joy to anyone. He was afraid of what he'd become or rather what he had failed to become.

All those years toiling away on Korriban, all those lives clinging to their omega, his body being wrenched away from him by a foul monster with insatiable lust. There is still so much he has yet to learn about his existence and yet he KNOWS what he must do. He must become nothing, He must become void. In their lifetime people will strive to find meaning in their lives to find something that gives them clause to awaken each morning, To find a reason to count off the days until their life ends. To rise above the toils of men he will have to become something less something without meaning or purpose other than that which ceases to proliferate life. A void. An omega. Death. The End. This isn't a choice it never was...Its destiny.

"Sir, We've reached the system." Came the same voice from earlier as the vessel ripped itself from hyperspace exiting from one light show into another. The appalling embrace of death washed Ravenous as he spread his influence over the planet gathering as much info as he could before descending with his-speaking of...

"Contact Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze and Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran on the holo. I want them to see my expression as I speak to them." With wriggling, fingers Ravenous removed his bone mold mask from his face revealing the terrible sight within. The left side of his face laid unharmed no blemishes or deformities to speak of while the right side of his face was a horrid sight to see burned to a crisp with muscle and skin fiber struggling to repair itself. "Hello! As one of you know I am Ravenous, master of dark arts, wooer of women, pillar of villainy, and preeminent of Omelette making skills. How are you?"

Derleth picked up as Ravenous hailed him. The man appeared as a shimmering blue hologram off to the side of Derleth's TIE fighter. Derleth gave a rare chuckle at the Dark Jedi's greeting. He paid no mind to Ravenous' deformity. He had seen plenty such wounds in his time with the Sith.

"Ravenous, I'm glad you roped me back into this, although I can't say I look forward to swimming the waters of Kodai again. My interest in this Lich was never sated, so I hope you can provide a way in this time around. I'm en route to Kodai as we speak."

This "Lich" that they intended to defeat had not slipped his mind since the last expedition to Kodai. This quest gave Derleth something to look forward to amidst the Civil War, which he had thus far managed to avoid. Perhaps whatever secrets lie beneath the waves here might help him for when the time came to finally fight...

Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Appearance

Looking around, Jyoti could say that this usually weren't the sort of crowds that she hung around with, but that's how serious the Shadow considered the threat of the Lich. Such an aberration, if left unchecked, posed a risk to the entire galaxy.

Before they embarked on their mission, their host introduced themselves. He would have been a handsome man, except half his face was gnarled and blackened as if it had been run through an incinerator a few times.

"I am well enough...you all can call me Trigger, btw."

Unlike Ravenous, she kept her mask on. All part of a light disguise, presenting herself as a gun for hire. An alchemist with a gun, anyway.

Ravenous Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze

Ravenous

R
A dry laugh wafted from Ravenous once he heard the preferred "nickname" of his newest associate Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran .

"Hmph. Trigger. That's a new one even with my experience. I looked into you prior to this and not much came appeared on the record, I only managed one lead on you which in truth is rather disappointing but may yet prove lucrative. Perhaps during our endeavor, I will learn more about you hmm? Anyway, I'm rambling let me get on with the task at hand. I already told this to our friend Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze so I'll bring you up to speed trigger. As you probably know a great deal of Sith have spent their lives seeking immortality and while most have failed this Dark Lord has displayed such an incredible mastery over the dark side of the Force that he was able to prevent himself to become one with the Force by merging his consciousness with a Holocron filled with his vile secrets. Since whatever form he has taken is no longer bound to a body or mind the only way to kill him is by destroying the object that holds him thrall to this world."

A sinister grin cut across his face as Ravenous's eyes became a bright gold. His veins became darkened and his skin got paler as if he were dying of some deadly affliction. His body got noticeably thinner and his face became shriveled reminiscent of a corpse. The Dark side was a path to awesome power but its malevolent energies carried insatiable hunger and its demands are too high for the body to provide which leaves most people an empty husk of themselves after their transformation is complete. While he is able to empty his body of the Force's influence via Force drain Ravenous is not entirely safe from the Dark side's corrupting grip. He needs to vent...He needs to feed.

"A wounded animal is ten times more lethal than a healthy one so the ensure this mission goes smoothly I have not consumed anyone's Force signature for the past month. Words cannot FATHOM how starved I am right now and as a result, my powers will be extra potent. Watch out for danger down there...That includes me." With the push of a button, the two luminescent figures on his holo dissipated as the call ended. Crinkled fingers carefully slide Ravenous's mask back onto his face once again shrouding his mask in darkness and endless void. Using the bridge turbolift Ravenous descended into the main hangar is Gauntlet fighter shiny and laying in wait for its pilot. Once inside Ravenous took in that pleasant new fighter smell one rarely enjoyed by himself. "I got a bad feeling about this."

Derleth found himself more and more often with his trusted sword. It was like a part of him that the universe had decided he would no longer need. As he hooked his dusty lightsaber onto his belt, he prayed that the universe would change its mind sometime soon.

He descended through the thick, clouded atmosphere of Kodai to the rendezvous point. He equipped his rebreather mask before the cockpit swung open and he climed out on top of his ship. He had not forgotten the plunge he had taken last time.

In the time that it took for Ravenous and Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran to reach the surface, he sat cross legged in meditation. Despite the habitually angery wind and waves of the planet, he remained calm as he focused on the nexus of dark energy far beneath the waves. The first thing both Jedi and Sith are taught is that the force is like a living being. Like any respectful being, when you called out to it it called back. That is what formed the basis of the relationship between mortal and the force. To Derleth's knowledge, no force-sensitive has changed their relation to the force unscathed. Whatever they were hunting could potentially change that, for it didn't call back to him. No, it shouted. Not directly at him, or at anything really. It just screamed into the force like the souls of the damned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom