Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Unexpected Talks

The winds were calm, and the forest silent. Petrichor calmly made his way through the trees, heading toward the Enclave of Svivren. The journey had been quiet, save for the occasional droid that he had passed. Luckily, he was more than adapt at avoiding detection when needed. He didn't expect a fight on this day, but in the end, he was still a Sith...

A Sith that was about to approach a Jedi enclave.

There were those within his order that called this mission foolish. Dealing with Jedi is pointless, they would say. Perhaps they were right. Even so, Petrichor knew that the only path forward would require knowing the minds of the different Jedi factions spread throughout the galaxy. He may have been a Sith, but he could not continue allowing the other factions their wanton destruction of planet after planet. He had done enough of that by not bringing his followers to defend Csilla against the Maw, a mistake he would not repeat.

He had heard word of this Jedi, Caedyn Arenais. House Arenais was well known among the Sith, as both friend and foe. Petrichor was not looking for enemies, however. Rather, he wished to find out what this man was like for himself. If he could show the Jedi that not all of those who walked in the darkness were filled with hate, then perhaps they could begin to truly heal the galaxy.

As he reached the entrance to the enclave, Petrichor allowed his presence to finally be felt. As expected, Temple Guard swarmed on him as soon as they realized he was there, weapons at the ready. He didn't reach for his lightsabers, however. Instead, Petrichor spoke with his usual calming certainty.

"I wish to speak with Caedyn Arenais. He will be most interested in what I have to say."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Tags: Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor .

Caedyn Arenais had been in his office looking over the Enclave's latest review of technological assets displayed upon his private terminal when there was a noticeable shift in the Force around him, a change that quickly followed by the sensation of another presence growing nearer to the Enclave. The Jedi Knight slowly reclined back into his seat and turned himself away from the desk as he took a pause, wishing to better understand the new arrival, one who felt to be shrouded in the Dark Side of the Force, Caedyn unable to put a face to the newcomer's aura.

The Temple Guard were trained to defend and protect those within the Jedi establishment, yet they were once students like all others and before they had sworn themselves to the Jedi Guard, they had been trained to respect life in all forms, regardless of origin or background. As such, the actions of Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor would determine the response of the Temple Guard, and as the lone Sith had appeared showing no sign of violence as of yet, the Guard would not attack. It was not the Jedi way.

"You will await Master Arenais here" one of them informed the Darth, while another departed the group for the Enclave's entrance, seeking to inform Caedyn of the appearance of the Sith. Of course, the presence of Darth Petrichor was unmistakably not of the Jedi, and thus Caedyn would be found already on his way through the main hall of the Enclave towards the entrance itself, with every intention of meeting this surprise visit with the greatest of care.

When the Jedi Knight did reach the entrance, stepping out into the cool open-air and also the view of the Sith, he bore the apparel typical of a Jedi. His tunic a mix of greys and browns, while the darker robe draped around him in his every step down the few permacrete stairs that led out into the open courtyard at the front of the Enclave grounds where their guest was being closely watched. His Lightsaber magna-locked to his belt, and remaining there until the Sith deemed the need otherwise.

Taking a moment to gauge the surrounding tree's on the edge of the Enclave's courtyard, the Jedi Knight sought to determine the truth in that the Sith truly had come alone. "Thank you, my friends, you may carry on with your duties" Caedyn informed the Guardsman, unable to pick up on the presence of any others. His eyes would soon land upon the lone Sith, studying the other in silence as he allowed the Guard to leave them before looking to delve into conversation with the potential threat looming on their doorstep.

"The opportunity to meet face to face with one such as yourself, and not find a blade being drawn upon me, is quite rare....-I'm sure you would understand the caution of the Enclave Guard, given your visit here today" Caedyn spoke to Darth Petrichor, first seeking to explain the actions of the Jedi who had stood in his way as if it required any explanation.

"I am Caedyn Arenais" He introduced himself, lowering his head however never taking his eyes off of the Sith Lord, "And you have my undivided attention..." he concluded, falling quiet, however, it was the words unspoken that no doubt the Sith would know. The caution, the threat of their kind and the years of fighting between Jedi and Sith. This was not a situation to be taken lightly and Caedyn would not let his guard down when the lives of those within the Enclave depended on Jedi alike himself and the Guard he had dismissed.

"What can I do for you?".

The cool breeze seemed to pick up as Caedyn Arenais approached, almost as if he had queued the shift in the winds himself. The situation remained calm as he took a moment to gaze across the outskirts of the enclave, likely searching for signs of an ambush. There would be none to find, however. Petrichor knew better than to bring any sort of retinue to such an occasion. The chances of an incident heightened exponentially with each additional darksider at any given meeting, especially when encountering Jedi.

Petrichor met the Jedi's bow with one of his own, the blank gaze of his white, beskar mask never leaving Caedyn's own. Petrichor was not much for formalities in his daily life. Years living among the Sith made him have a bit of a distaste for such things. Nevertheless, he would show respect to this Jedi, and would continue to do so as long as hostilities didn't occur.

Raising back up from the bow, Petrichor finally spoke.

"I am Darth Petrichor, a Sith that has been... away for quite some time."

He took a single, calm step toward Caedyn.

"I will speak plainly. I have... plans for the Sith. Plans that a Jedi such as yourself might be pleased to hear. Perhaps not. Either way, I wish to know the mind of the different sects of students of the Force. I have been in exile for too long. I have allowed the Sith to continue their self-destructive ways for too long. It is time to actually change things. Perhaps you will be willing to hear what that entails."

Petrichor studied the Jedi as he spoke, looking for a sign of reaction. The Jedi often prided themselves on their level headed minds, making them difficult to read, at first. Petrichor wouldn't go so far as to probe the man's mind, however, as he didn't want to seem intrusive. No, the only way to know would be to hear it from the man's own words, as well as his body language. In regards to his plans for the Sith, as well as how the Jedi would fit into them...

Only time would tell.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn stood with his hands at his front, one holding the other as he listed to what Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor had to say. Having introduced himself, it was possibly a good thing for them both that the Sith Lord's name was not one that the Jedi Knight recognized, as most that he had encountered in the past typically resulted in a violent exchange.

The subject of his plans for the Sith was however of a familiar tone, as it was often the ambition of many who walked the Dark Side of the Force to claim to hold the power to control things such as the Sith Order; the nature of which had been swayed and no longer remained solely under The Sith Empire but fractured in a similar form as the Jedi of today.

"The goals of the Sith Order have never been within my ability to influence, as you can imagine" Caedyn replied, his voice neutral and speaking the simple truth; "Were it in my power, I would cease the senseless violence that continues between our peoples, as well as the damage wrought upon society..." the neutrality in his tone would shift, betraying his placid stance as his regret for the past and on-going relations between the Jedi and the Sith shone through in his words.

"You will have to excuse me if I am not immediately taken by your words" Caedyn gestured to Darth Petrichor, "The lure of the Dark Side resounds in your very claim to be able to make such a change. To inspire countless Sith would take a great show of power and influence..." the Jedi Knight pointed out, soon to continue; "However you have come here seeking the company of a Jedi to converse, which is most surprising and not something often attempted by your people, so perhaps you may yet surprise me further...".

"Oh, but they are within your power, even if you do not see it."

Petrichor's words were calm, and his demeanor nonthreatening, as he didn't want to seem as if he was trying to insult Caedyn Arenais. Caedyns' tone had changed slightly, showing his own frustrations with the millennia-long conflict between the light and the dark. Petrichor understood the feeling all too well, and had even put his own life at risk in an effort to end the conflict himself. Alas... there was only so much a single person could do.

"It is within all of our power, should we choose it. I have been making an effort to reach out to several Jedi in recent weeks, hoping to do exactly that."

He took a moment to take in some of the greater Light Side energies surrounding the enclave. Petrichor was utterly devoted to studying the Dark Side, but was no stranger to the energies of the Light. He had even incorporated some Jedi teachings into his own methods, training students to practice patience and self control.

"You know... despite my devotion to the dark, I can't help but to admit the peace one feels within such a place. Perhaps you'll show me around, if you are comfortable with that."

Petrichor wasn't about to intrude any more than he had. After all, the fact that he had showed up unannounced already put him in a precarious position, and he wasn't about to rock the boat more than necessary.

"As for my words, well... you are right. There are many Sith that will say the same. What none of those Sith have, however, is an academy that puts these ideas into practice. I, on the other hand, have gathered a fair number of like-minded Sith in an effort to find peace within the darkness."

He began to pace back and forth as he continued.

"You see, the Sith idea that peace is a lie, is within itself, a lie. One used to perpetuate an outdated and misguided method of gaining power. It is why the Sith have allowed themselves to become slaves to the darkness that they claim to control."

He stopped, looking to the sky above.

"Control, patience, peace... these are not unattainable for the Sith. Those that give become a slave to the Dark Side already had that darkness within themselves. I seek to help those that have the ability to find that peace on their journey."

His words grew quiet, with a tone that could almost be seen as a slight level of sadness.

"I have spent years trying to turn the Sith away from their destructive path. Unfortunately, they saw it more fit to brand me a heretic, and forced me into exile for a time. I am now beginning to realize that in order for the Sith to change, lines must be drawn, though it pains me to do so."

Petrichor finally turned back toward Caedyn, the calm resolve returning to his voice.

"I have no imperial aims, and I do not wish to destroy the Jedi. The violence needs to stop, and the feud ended. If that means that I must side with Jedi against my lost brethren, then so be it. One way or another, we must see the galaxy return to a balanced place."

Caedyn Arenais

C
One way or another, we must see the galaxy return to a balanced place.

The last of Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor 's words caused the Jedi Knight to glance up a little, the notion of balance bringing a gentle smile to his lips as he thought upon his old Master Lief Lief and the Je'daii Order where he first began his journey of discovery into the Force and his faith. "Balance is an interesting concept. There cannot be Light without Darkness and vice versa..." he replied softly.

Caedyn wished for the violence to cease, for the suffering of the Galaxy to end, yet unlike many other Jedi, he did not wish harm upon those who practised the Darkside for he himself had been taught of the Darkside by the Je'daii. The practices and values of Ashla and Bogan, as well as the self-discipline, and not allow the lure of Bogan to corrupt him and blind him to all but his selfish ambitions. There was only one among the Jedi he had told of this knowledge, his former Padawan Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . Caedyn feared that others would not understand as they had not been taught by the Je'daii Order as he had.

"First impressions would have me believe you are not alike the Sith I have encountered in the field of combat, something I am thankful of. However first impressions cannot always be relied upon and it would be unwise of me to place my trust in you within such a short time, you'll understand" Caedyn spoke of the two of them, having been asked for a tour throughout the Enclave there.

One on hand, he had no doubt that between himself, the temple guard and the other Jedi Knights presently stationed there, a lone Sith would likely be repelled from the Jedi grounds were there any dispute between them, however the mere chance that a fight was to break out and for the students to be caught up in the middle of it all, the risks just weren't worth the chance.

On the other hand, he had always treated the Enclave as a place for visitors to be free to enter providing they were able to behave as expected. He simply hadn't expected one of those to be among the Sith. If there were ever to be peace between the Jedi and the Sith, it would never be achieved without compromise, and thus Caedyn was willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt, despite feeling conflicted.

"I am willing to guide you through the Enclave, however, I strongly advise you do not stray from my side. Naturally, the others will not be accustomed to the presence of a Darksider within the grounds..." The decision would no doubt surprise the others and raise some questions, yet his decision would be respected.

"You can tell me more of what you hope to achieve as we walk" Caedyn suggested, turning to the side and gesturing with one hand for the Darth to accompany him towards the Enclaves entrance.

It was refreshing to hear a Jedi that understood the balance between the light and the dark. Petrichor had often found Jedi to be as devoted to the everlasting feud as his own brethren, even though they spoke of being better than that. Petrichor wondered if the man before him had some experience with the darkness, though he wouldn't press it.

"It is a difficult thing to achieve, even for some of the strongest students of the Force. And even more so when Force users gather in greater number. We are all imperfect creatures, after all."

Caedyn Arenais had shown a level of hesitation upon hearing Petrichor's request to enter the Enclave. It was understandable; many of his brethren were built from treachery, and would likely die the same way. Even Petrichor had to be careful who he opened up to among his brethren, lest they return to their more predictable habits. Just as Petrichor felt that his entrance would be denied, however, the Jedi had granted him permission, assuming Petrichor stuck next to him.

"Thank you. I understand that it would be... irregular for your students. I am rather accomplished at hiding my presence in the Force. I will gladly do so, if it will cause less tension. I do not wish to cause a disturbance."

Admittedly, Petrichor was already limiting his presence within the Force to an extent; if he had let his energy flow freely, he no doubt would have brought the entire Enclave down on him as soon as he arrived. As the man motioned toward the entrance of the Enclave, Petrichor moved to his side.

"Well then, let us proceed."

Caedyn Arenais

C
As Caedyn accompanied Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor towards the entrance of the Enclave, his hands would fall behind his back, his gaze looking on ahead though his attention focusing primarily upon the guest at his side. "This Enclave serves as a sanctuary of learning for all Jedi, regardless of their affiliations. The Silver Jedi, the New Jedi Order, and many others are welcome here...-Yet you are the first of the Sith to be granted this privilege" Caedyn spoke as the doors to the Enclave would sweep aside with a mechanical hiss and the inner lobby be exposed to their line of sight. A vast and open room with doors upon either side, as well as directly ahead of them, leading deeper into the Jedi Establishment.

"My father was brought here at the age of five years old and trained as a Padawan, long before my time. It would later be invaded upon by the One Sith, those that lived here lost to yet another war of our shared history. Veiere Arenais would later have it restored and given to the Je'daii. That is how I wound up being given the position of Temple Steward" Caedyn explained as they would reach the centre of the vast hall, the Jedi Knight slowing in his pace to a gradual halt and gesturing to his left; "The training wing is on our left, the Healing facilities upon our right" He informed the Sith Lord.

"Directly ahead will lead us back outside to the gardens surrounded by the Enclave itself, something of a quiet setting where my students can rest and relax in their own time. Also a personal favourite for lessons in the Force..." Caedyn revealed a faint smile, though it wouldn't last. "Beyond the Gardens is the rear wing of the building, this contains the Archives while the turbo-lifts you see surrounding us here in the lobby will lead to the upper levels where the personnel quarters and classrooms are contained..." he continued, not yet listing the Hangar nor the advanced facilities such as the four circles of the Order, the Artisans, Knowledge, Healers and Guardians faculties for the most advanced and committed learners.

Turning back to look to the Darth, Caedyn hesitated as a thought came to mind; "It must seem rather surreal to be standing here, given how many of my kind you will have struck down along your path as a Sith Lord" he said, deciding not to sugarcoat it. He himself was just as guilty for striking down those of the Sith in his side of the ongoing wars between their people. The fact that they were standing there was evidence of truth not many would be willing to believe, nor compromise to see come to fruition.

As they passed through the Enclave, Petrichor admired the beauty and history therein. The Sith were no strangers to architecture, but most of the more impressive structures were erected with the purpose of serving the hubris of whichever Sith deemed it necessary. The Jedi, on the other hand, had no such misguided reasoning behind the construction of their temples, allowing them to focus on the beauty and serenity of the building itself. It was something that Petrichor himself had strove for when re-purposing the old Rakatan ruin that had become his academy.

"You know, I am actually quite fond of gardens. I have one myself, at my academy. I wanted to surround my students with life, rather than simply the cold look of durasteel. You may be surprised to learn that we even have plants that can't usually grow in such places, as they can't handle the pressing energy of the Dark Side."

He thought back on Minka's first visit to the academy, and her surprise at seeing the rare flowers that grew there. Such plants often died in a place so steeped in darkness, and yet, had managed to prevail there. It took a vast amount of effort to protect the flowers, but Petrichor found it to be worth every minute of work.

As Caedyn Arenais mentioned the archives, Petrichor shot a look to where they were located.

"Ah yes, every place of learning should have a well of knowledge to draw from. I must admit, I have a fair share of Jedi relics within my own archives, as well as Sith. I find that it pays to study all facets of the Force, even if one chooses not to practice. It is only by understanding other perspectives that we can truly make our own decisions."

The Jedi turned to him, his gaze portraying a look of sudden realization as he mentioned the thought of Petrichor cutting down Jedi.

"In truth, I haven't killed many Jedi. There were a couple that I hunted as a misguided youth, but my master kept me on a tight leash, for the most part. Since I killed him and took the rank of master, I stopped my hunting. Not that I haven't had to kill since then, but only when the Jedi left me no other choice but to defend myself. It may be difficult to believe coming from a Sith, but I prefer to only use violence when necessary. I don't abuse my students, and I do not kill unless it is life or death. My brethren have done enough of that to last several lifetimes."

Petrichor let out a slight chuckle as he continued.

"In truth, I don't really care for the title of Darth either. Most simply call me Petrichor. I only retain the Darth title for matters of formality, as well as for validity when trying to convert Sith to my cause. It seems silly that one would require such a title for their words to bear merit. Personally, I find that actions speak much louder."

He took a moment to look around the Enclave once more as they walked.

"Tell me, what do you teach your students about emotion? Of love, or fear, or anger?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Tell me, what do you teach your students about emotion? Of love, or fear, or anger?".

Caedyn didn't answer immediately, but he was instead drawn to think about the recent past which he had shared with Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe . As Caedyn had spent the majority of his life within a relationship since his teenage years, he certainly wasn't one of those Jedi that encouraged his students to discard everything they felt. Things had changed between the pair, sadly due to their divided affiliations and duties, yet his view on the subject raised had not differed in that time.

"One's feelings is a subject often debated across the various Jedi organizations, even within their individual members," Caedyn remarked as they continued on ahead towards the entrance to the gardens, a far greater central area than what the Jedi Knight had initially detailed. The Enclave surrounded the outdoor section of the grounds, yet vast were the Gardens and divided by a stream that ran through the centre from one corner to the other. The beauty here truly excelled by the Nexus that hung over the entirety of the Enclave grounds.

"I don't discourage the students here, but rather teach them mindfulness and lessons to embolden their self-awareness. In my experience, for a Jedi, it's not about denying our feelings but rather learning to acknowledge when they are at risk of clouding their judgement, learning to reserve oneself until in a position to vent and express them in a more appropriate environment. Meditation for example, as opposed to them doing so while out on assignment where their passions might otherwise endanger themselves and others..." Caedyn explained.

As each individual within the Enclave would grow in themselves and progress in their training, they would each come to understand their own limitations and learn how to adapt beyond them. Not everyone would conquer this aspect of their training as quickly as others, if at all, yet part of being a Jedi was about recognizing their flaws and their sentience...-The Jedi were, at the end of the day, like anyone else when it came to their feelings and thoughts. The only difference was the training they underwent.

"A question for you now" Caedyn gave a wary half-smile as they entered into the Gardens, greeted by the blossoming flowers and luscious shades of green before them, "How is it that you plan to reform your Order. To what lengths will you go to in order to achieve your goals?" he asked, turning to glance back to Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor , an ounce of concern in his words. "The sort of goals that you have are rarely achieved without violence, in the Galaxy and especially within the Sith Order...-And what of the Jedi. What of the aggressions between our people. I'm terribly aware that despite us talking here and now, there's nothing to promise that we won't cross paths again in the future and the exchange lack the civility we're showing today".

The garden was indeed impressive, sporting a vast array of plant life, as well as a stream running through it. In some ways, it reminded Petrichor of his own garden. It was strange to think that such different kinds of institutions would place importance on similar things, given the history between Jedi and Sith. However, Petrichor was no ordinary Sith, and he was beginning to think that Caedyn Arenais was no ordinary Jedi.

The answer to Petrichor's question was quite pleasing to hear. The age old idea of Jedi forgoing such emotions entirely was both outdated and impractical. He turned to Caedyn, his face still covered, but his demeanor showing a greater sense of comfort than before.

"I believe we are of a similar mind. I have spent years studying the Force, traveling to just about every relevant planet you can think. Korriban, Ossus, Lehon, Dathomir, Ahch-To, Ruusan, Tython... the list is endless. In the end, I came to a similar conclusion. You see, many Jedi through the years have preached that many emotions are gateways to the Dark Side. While this is somewhat true, I find it to be more nuanced than that. Emotions such as anger, fear, jealousy... these are indeed qualities found within the darkness. Despite this, one may also find love, joy, and passion. After all, is it so wrong to be passionate about something? Does one tell the artist to stop because it is their passion?"

He gently ran his hands through the nearby foliage as he spoke.

"There are realities that we all must face. These plants will all die, one day. They will wither away to nothing. However, that withering will give way to new life, allowing the cycle to continue. We all feel grief, sorrow, anger... it's what makes us who we are. Understanding and dedication are the only things that can prevent it from destroying us."

Caedyn's question caught him slightly off guard, despite the inevitability of it being asked. Petrichor stopped in his tracks, staring at the beautiful garden before opening his mouth.

"I have spent the majority of my life trying to find a new path for the Sith. For years, I tried to spread messages of peace and self control to my brethren. While my followers have grown in number, there are still many that follow the old, misguided musings of long-dead Sith. I tried one last time to let them hear reason, but unfortunately... it wasn't so."

His demeanor didn't change, but his tone became slightly tinged with a hint of sadness.

"The tyranny, the hatred, the destruction... it all must end. This might be hard to believe, coming from a Sith, but it truly pains me to think of killing any of my brethren. They are lost within the shroud of darkness, as I used to be. But if necessary, I will do what must be done to prevent further carnage."

Petrichor had to slightly shake himself back to reality, having gotten lost in his own thoughts.

"I must clarify. I do not wish to rule. I only wish for the galaxy to become a safer place. I am more than satisfied teaching at my academy, helping to save those that I can. I just don't see that happening without a fight."

He finally turned back to Caedyn, meeting his gaze.

"You see, when I read of the very first fallen Jedi, I didn't see corrupted individuals. I saw philosophers that weren't allowed space to be themselves, which created a rift so large that it contributed to their downfall. I want to change that. I want to create a safe space for those that wish to study the Dark Side while learning to protect themselves from the more destructive aspects of it. And I have. My students are spread throughout the galaxy as we speak, seeking others that need such guidance. I hold no ill will toward the Jedi, though I may not agree with every single teaching. I merely want us to create and nurture the relationship we should have had from the beginning; one of understanding and respect."

It certainly would be a lot for the Jedi to take in, and Petrichor wasn't sure how the man would respond. All that he knew, was that he meant every word.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Theirs was not a conversation for the light of heart and mind, the Jedi Knight listening intently to what Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor had to say and all the while feeling a sense of...-Something more going on around them. He couldn't touch on what that particular feeling was; Perhaps the Force speaking through them both, echoing purpose through times not yet within their grasp and experience, however, Caedyn was certain that their exchange would likely come to mind and fruition within the future. To what manner of degree, however, yet to be known.

"I believe we are of a similar mind..." The Sith Lord spoke, the first of which Caedyn would respond to.

"I wasn't raised within the Order of the Jedi, but taught by Master Asha Hex of the Je'daii Order..." Caedyn divulged. His upbringing was different from most Jedi today, and there were times where he often felt as though this kept him at a distance from his peers. Although one might argue that his running an Enclave meant that he had not suffered any sense of resentment or being held back by his training as a Je'daii, there were certain practices and knowledge that he held, that most Jedi would not agree with.

"I travelled to Tython, among the many other worlds of the Tho Yor. My knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force doesn't come from what I've been told by my peers or mentors, but from personal experience and training by the Je'daii. I have stood alongside others who practice it, and we have shared in many good times, laughter and conversation as you and I are now..." The Jedi Knight continued, although as his words faded there seemed to be a sense of disappointment shining through in his voice. "Many Jedi today are too willing to take up the sword and act as a military answer to the mere presence of the Sith. Something that is not so easily discussed between those of my people, for the Sith are also guilty of heinous crimes through violence and discrimination; So to suggest to another Jedi organization that we ought to show restraint, patience and compassion at times even to those who would oppose us...-You can imagine the response that I would likely receive".

"Knowing this, it's clear to see that the Jedi are equally as flawed in their judgement of the Sith, as the Sith are guilty of encouraging the ongoing fighting between us. Neither people are doing what is required of them to cease the fighting, yet both are capable of it, should they only forgo their pride and show some humility" he concluded.

"You see, when I read of the very first fallen Jedi, I didn't see corrupted individuals. I saw philosophers...".

"I know not how many Jedi remain aware of the truth of our shared history today, yet what started the fighting between the Sith and the Jedi, was initially brought about during the first of the Force Wars, where our people were one. Sadly, and Ironically, it was the followers of the Light who cast out the practitioners of the Dark Side out of fear of being betrayed. Fear of what they could do, not what they had done or necessarily sought to do" Caedyn replied, explaining the past taught to him by the Je'daii. It had been something he had never been taught by his father, nor any other Jedi since his walking the Jedi Path.

The Jed'aii Order... a curious group in the greater scheme of the galaxy. Petrichor himself had not met any of their number, but he had learned some of their teachings on his travels.

"I see, so you do understand. I must confess, it is quite refreshing to meet a Jedi that doesn't immediately shy away from the idea of coexistence. Many Jedi are... how should I put this... a zealous lot. The Sith are as well, of course, but people tend to forget that this is a truth present on both sides of the fence."

The statement of a Jedi's willingness to raise their hand in violence against the Sith was something that Petrichor understood all too well. His very tenuous meeting with Cedric Grayson gave him more than enough insight into just how militant the Jedi could be. Then again, that same meeting didn't end in violence, which gave Petrichor a renewed sense of hope in his cause.

"Sadly, you won't get any request for restraint from me. Though I wish for the violence to end, I also realize a very simple truth... some Sith are not able to be saved. Many, in fact. Furthermore, those that are responsible for all of this death and destruction should pay the price, as should any that conduct such atrocities."

Petrichor turned to Caedyn Arenais, his demeanor growing more relaxed with each word.

"I believe in peace, but I also believe in justice. Just as a murderer is sentenced, so to should the Sith be. I cannot ask the Jedi for mercy for those that have given none. It is an unfortunate reality, but a reality nonetheless. I just pray that, when the dust is settled, that we can look forward to a better future."

He let out a chuckle at Caedyn's final comment about the origins of the Sith.

"Indeed, the Jedi were frightened of what they did not fully understand. To their credit, however, most people fear the unknown. It is a fundamental element of our survival instinct. Though their response was excessive, I cannot fault them for there fear. After all, fear is a natural part of life."

Caedyn Arenais

C
...-Many, in fact. Furthermore, those that are responsible for all of this death and destruction should pay the price, as should any that conduct such atrocities.

"Yet the Jedi were never supposed to be the law enforcers of the Galaxy" Caedyn responded, his voice somewhat quieter and regretful; "We weren't to be Soldiers or one's to cast our judgements upon others. We are meant to be keepers of the peace" he explained.

To his mind, the Galaxy and even the Jedi Order's own perspective towards their identity had been marred since the establishment of the first Galactic Empire. Generations dating all the way back to the Clone Wars era had seen a monumental shift away from the previously monastic type of Jedi, forced to coincide with politics and subsequent wars that followed.

"The Galactic Alliance and the Silver Concord can worry about bringing those who break the law, to justice. The Order of the Silver Jedi, and the New Jedi Order attached to those Governments, however..." Caedyn sighed under his breath, stopping himself from speaking further as he instead reflected upon that which was in this very moment; "To an extent, even I am contradicting myself by sounded as though I am judging my fellow Jedi. It's not that, but really that I am discouraged by the militaristic direction many have taken, as you mentioned". Most ironic that many a Jedi would justify such action by those of the Sith. So intertwined the Sith and Jedi Order's seemed to be. So closely connected that one could not act without affecting the other.

"I don't believe our Galaxy will ever see a time where we are without the Sith or the Jedi..." Caedyn spoke up once more as they continued to walk slowly throughout the garden courtyard; "Coexistence is our only option if we are to see the violence cease, yet whether that is possible, I do not know...", the sad truth was that there were simply far too many people committed to war and violence against one another. Not just the Sith, but many Jedi as well. Committed to acting against those who did not see life in their perspective, making them the enemy, an absolute that the Jedi themselves were always discouraged from believing in. Never black and white. Things weren't so simple as for there to only be two perspectives in life, right and wrong, or good and evil; It all changed depending on whose eyes you were looking through, and who's mind perceived the situation before them.

"Forgiveness, repentance, redemption. These are things that I can hope for, in those that are guilty of such crimes against the natural way of things" Caedyn soon responded, giving his answer towards those Sith and Jedi alike who had helped to path the way for generations of bloodshed and aggression; "We don't always immediately see the consequences of our actions until much farther down the line. To give them the opportunity to redeem themselves, and to better, not just their own, but also the lives of those around them would be far more preferrable than to have to see more lives lost in the cycle of hate between our people".

Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor

Petrichor let out a chuckle as Caedyn Arenais spoke.

"Yes, they were meant to keep the peace. But what happens when peace requires force? Sure, violence should always been seen as the last resort, but there are cases where it cannot be avoided."

He took some time to pace around within the garden, running his hands along the plants as he did so.

"You may be surprised to hear that I have been loosely working with the Ashlan Crusade in recent months. No doubt you have heard word of their cause at this point; Jedi hellbent on the singular destruction of the darkness. I must admit, I do not agree with their point of view, but they have been seeming to get results. And in the end... as much as it pains me... the Sith cannot stand as they are. I anticipate that I will eventually come to blows with the Crusade, but in the meantime, we share a common goal."

He let those words linger for a bit, knowing that it would likely come as a surprise to the Jedi. After all, how could a Sith truly align themselves with such fanatics of the Light? It was unheard of. That being said...

Petrichor was no normal Sith.

"I do agree... violence is not a long term solution. That being said, the Sith have gotten too out of control. My brethren are lost, Caedyn, and I do not know if they are able to be saved. I have tried... believe me, I have. I extended a hand to them for years, striving to bring them back from the brink... and yet, they did not listen."

He paused for a moment, catching the words that seemed to be stuck in his throat, his words becoming more grave.

"My heart pains for them, Caedyn. It truly does. I wish for nothing but peace, and yet, they can't see beyond themselves. I used to have hope for them... I still do, in a way. I believe there are those that haven't been so lost as to not find their way back from the madness. But there are many..."

Another pause...

His hand rose, meeting his mask as he took his face in his hand. The mask was pulled away, revealing his Umbaran features.

"I want you to see my face, Caedyn. I want you to be able to look me in the eyes, and know that what I say is true. I respect your hope for redemption... but I do not see it for many of my brethren. They are lost, deep in the abyss of darkness and hubris, and they know not the way back..."

A single tear could be seen falling from his face.

"I have no choice... I have tried for so, so incredibly long to make them see reason... and yet they still refuse. And if violence is the only answer... then I have no other choice."

He hadn't shown such emotion in front of another in a long time, but something about this moment... this place... brought it out of him. All of his years attempting to bring peace of mind to his people, all of the years being called a heretic... it had weighed on him, and it showed. As strong as he was, Petrichor had forgotten to allow himself those same emotions he taught others to accept. His entire demeanor changed as he ruminated on the reality of the matter...

He would have to kill his fellow Sith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom