Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under Pressure

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Menka Guga"]

The world of Lehon was a mysterious place. Something built grand from the ambition of a species that span across the stars and slowly time and decay left all of their history as Matsu was there. Careful with the salvage and things they could do as she was setting up one of the warehouses for her researchers with their amulets to protect them. There was also the added effect she had of meeting with one of the other salvaging companies and they could hopefully work out something of a deal and contract. She didn't want to hurt another company going for salvage on worlds or different places walking through the lush landscape.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"You guys need to be more careful," Menka spoke up to her droids that were piloting her modified Diamond-class Cruiser as they entered the space around Lehon, "Maybe you guys need a tweak in your sensors, hah?" She gave an evil kind of grin at then, wagging a tool about, scaring them. "So, we're here, right? Where that person wanted to meet and chat about a job or contract or something?"

"Yes Captain, we have arrived where they wanted to meet. We are a little off for the destination, but our sublight engines are sufficient enough for us to get to their location."

"Should we be landing or seeing a ship? Debris are a little much to land with this thing..." She asked, looking out the bridge of the ship, "Anything on sensors or comms?"

[member="Menka Guga"]

They were setting up and more, a small office designed to overlook the aging and ruined temple as Matsu got reports the other ship had arrived and setting the course with a message for them to come down she motioned for her people to continue to work on the temples. They could get in and work on the knowledge centers as needed as more and more of her attention went to planning the things they were working on. Ship section on the surface to disguise it and warehouse underneath to protect it. THey could work with that and she had the office ready to meet and deal with the woman when she arrived. "Send her in right away."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Captain, we have received a message from the planet, asking for you to land at these coordinates."

"Ah, cool, alright. Keep the ship here, I'll take one of the fighters down okay? Close the hangar when I leave."

----------

Menka had used one of her many Supremacy-fighters to move down to the planet through the debris surrounding the planet. Still not as great of a pilot, but she managed dodging chunks of ships. Above where the coordinates indicated, she started to set down on the planet and land in what she thought was a designated landing zone. Clunky and unprofessional landing, she got to the ground and popped out from the cockpit, hopping down and looking around spotting some people, "Hi there, I'm supposed to meet Matsu Ike?"

[member="Menka Guga"]

There was a message that her meeting had arrived and looking over the different things being set up and mounted on the walls. The jedi master moved to go up and meet her as she looked over all of the lift going in and they were making progress where she wanted. Getting into the temple of the ancients and their datacrons so they could work to uncover some of the secrets and she was ready. "Welcome to Lehon." Matsu looked at her while she opened her arms to shop the planet. "Once the crown jewel of the oldest empire and we don't have much else. Though the collection of ships that have crashed here throughout the centuries has given a nice amount of salvage."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Menka suddenly noticed the woman who gave her a warm welcome and gave a little wave in return, "Hi there! I've heard about this place... it's scary to me, I don't really like it here because of all the rumors and stuff. But anyway, what's up? I got word you wanted to talk about something business-wise?" She asked, slowly walking over to the temple and the woman. "Excuse the eerie looking fighter I use, the design is not as ancient as the old Rakata war but it is old... I have a knack for Sith mechanics. Not like, their force secrets or anything, just, like, spaceships!"

[member="Menka Guga"]

Matsu was looking and listening to her as she wondered if the woman rambled on purpose or liked to over explain things as she was looking at the ship and motioned. "it is alright, I have seen plenty of old designs and there is much to discuss." She was leading the way and the building, the stuff they were getting into and setting up for the company well it was all important and worth it for the time while Matsu motioned to a desk. "Mostly the reason why I asked you here was because, I like being friendly. I wish someone had been more helpful when I was trying to start out but they weren't the large companies were interested in themselves and I much prefer the idea of workig together to build each other up. My salvage operations reach where my company does and I don't want to well push out others. I would rather work with them."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Menka tilted her head as she listened to the woman and what she had to say, which warmed the small Twi'Leks heart a little, making her smile. "Ah... haha... that's kind of you. Corona S&S was made to help people, even those that don't have a budget. Any Salvage I get pretty much either goes towards a new thing I can make to help people, or build more things to help people. I felt like there was too much greed in the Galaxy and felt like I could give back, like what someone did for me, long ago. But don't worry!" Her face turned into a cute, cheery thing. "I don't expect to be a mega corporation, so you won't shut me out, I do the small time jobs that aren't worth doing."

[member="Menka Guga"]

That was how she started to and well what Sasori held to, they didn't overcharge or even charge at times as Matsu gave a nod at the idea of helping people. All those credits going into projects and charities that could help over getting herself expensive penthouses on worlds or going out to eat. She much preferred the simple life of a jedi over it but this small group could have potential. "Being small lets you do a lot and there are a lot of places around the galaxy you can go, we've been working to find some old battle sights for the ships and with the converters we developed we can save a lot on space and fixing what we find up. It is one of the main things we enjoy and if it will help one of our converters could be loaned out for you. You would be able to better repair and work plus we'd have some chances to keep perspective. Don't want to get to big and forget where we came from."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Menka nodded and walked over to the woman as she listened, "Well, I'm Menka, nice to finally meet you. I love mechanics and fixing and building, it's very easy to please me. So, let's talk about this contract thing you wanna offer? Is it fun?" She gave a little giggle. Her personality seemed childish, compared to her age, but perhaps she didn't really get to experience a childhood

[member="Menka Guga"]

Matsu nwas looking at her and this young woman seemed quite fun and friendly while some thoughts came to her. "Yes it will be fun, I love exploring and finding secrets or that one gem of a ship among the wreckage of a world. We've been working on Raxus Prime for years and still barely touched what is there." So much more though as Matsu thought about how to lay it all out. "So my idea for the contract is simple, we work together on some of the larger salvage sites. If we find them we'll call you in and help you set up something. We have a warehouse and processing facility on Raxus one of the largest worlds for salvage. We'll work and trade new equipment to make the jo different. Our converters can come in handy and want to get our stuff out to those who need it. I am not going to make demands of you but we'll seek to get you what you want or need just lay it out here."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Menka nodded for a bit thinking over the idea. "Well... I don't have any equipment or tools for salvaging anything other than stuff in space... because my ship is the only thing capable of salvaging with its personal salvaging equipment, but if you can offer tools, heck yeah. Especially if my droids can work'em... I have a looooooot of droids, lots and lots that can work any machinery!"

[member="Menka Guga"]

Hahah droids were one of the best things to have for that kind of situation it was true. She had a lot of droids as well and all the things they were working on for it built up over time with new needs as well. "We are working on new equipment, that we have access to Raxus Prime helps cause more then enough to work with there. We finished some work on deep space scan droids and have a droid operated ship able to be filled and haul large amounts back to our bases in the works." She had some other things as well like the work they were doing to get the converters on ships, break down and organize the salvage into sheets of different materials as quickly as they could. Could save space and time. "Our specialized converters are built for breaking down and organizing salvage we find into sheets we can cut or use."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Well to be honest, my droids are a little iffy with flying my ship, not sure on mining ships or salvaging ships, but the Corona is a biiiig ship, salvage loads of material before ever needing to offload. So if that's the contract, sure, heck yeah!" She gave a thumbs up, "Any salvage operations on the ground just tell me, I'll drop the droids down, and if you want them to use any equipment just give it to them. Anything in space, just send the coords, I can get my ship there!"

[member="Menka Guga"]

Matsu clapped her hands together in excitement as she was glad to see they could come to a deal. "Wonderful, we have been working on different models of our probe droids and such, they should be able to help as needed and for ground operations. Come visit our area on Raxus and you'll find plenty of things on an entire planet." There was a lot of things there they could get and work on while she was letting the force energies dance around. Slowly Matsu rose up though extending her hand. "It is very nice we could come to an agreement and now hopefully you have a product list. I want to take a look and see about some of those droids."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Menka smiled and watched the woman come over and extend her hand, which Menka reached out to grasp and shake it. "Yep, I have a few things, not much you'd be interested in though, I think. I'm looking into the old DUM-series droids to see if I can reproduce them at all, I'm having trouble getting the strength they originally had, at least now I've gotten to where they don't break apart when they try and lift something!" She giggled wildly, "but soon I might have sone special, custom droids. Later I'll be making some sweet ships as soon as I get the facilities and large enough!"

[member="Menka Guga"]

Matsu was looking at her and yes that was the way to think about it as she was walking towards a few of the things going forward. "We'll see what we can do and there are some stations that my company sells now." She had a grin and recalling that Domino had given her access to tibanna and stations they could use. She might be able to upgrade them or the monitoring stations to be converted, she wanted to make one for places like the wastes and as hubs for the ships she was planning to get made as cargo haulers. "Later when we are on Raxus, I'll woo you Lady Guga with some of the discarded ships and droids that are still military grade you could incorporate to improve your designs."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Menka was peaked by the interest and thought of Stations, with some credits in the pocket from this venture, a little more elsewhere, and her very own Space Station, she might be able to build some spaceships... she oh so wanted to build some spacecrafts. And the sound of military droids and ships, definitely... yes, that could improve her designs so much as she's been so far stuck with custom made and generic software and civilian material. "Sounds awesome, but uh... how much do you Stations go for? That might be my next goal...I want a big fat station with hangars and docks..."

[member="Menka Guga"]

Looking at her as Matsu motioned for her to follow. "We don't have a set price, it is what you can pay over what you can be charged. A sort of paying it forward as your success means we can have success and eventual profits. If all we did was charge more then a person could rightfullyy pay. You'd likely go bankrupt and we'll out out of the cost. If we work with you to get it done then we get to have another credit influx." She had the grin on her face now moving out of the warehouse they were working in and she looked over some of the things they had been finding here. "You can setup some things here on Lehon. The graveyard of ships. Some advanced scouts looking for paths, some military vessels seeking revenge."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Menka quickly followed as the sign was given, her athletic frame easily catching up without problem. "Set up here, do you mean, a base of operations while helping to Salvage? Uh, a warehouse? Could I have like, a little storefront here? We could make a deal, I think... instead of paying me, I get some of the salvage, a good portion, and then I can have a warehouse here and whenever you need some droids, you can get some and own them from me! Instead of paying credits, we could just, you know, trade! No credits out of our pockets, but more to go in the pockets, you know? It's a win-win! Right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom