Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writer Uncertain about a character’s future.

Hey gang hope you all are having a great summer. I’m considering something and would like some advice. It’s about whether or not retiring one of my main characters, a Mandalorian named Minerva from new story. The reason being with the twenty year time skip becoming more evident. To be honest I feel like not being fair to fellow role players who had embraced the change and limiting my own roleplay options as well as time passes.

While I’ll continue and hopefully finish what current stories that she is involved with but I’m have become more uncertain about possible future stories with her. Perhaps focus on a different character instead.

Whether or not you go along with any kind of movement in time, whether it's a small or a large skip, is all up to you. People tend to write about time in an intentionally vague way, so nobody is forced to do anything. With how big the last timeskip you're referencing was, the vast majority of people also just ignored it completely, so you're not out of place if you don't want to follow along either.

Roll with whatever is satisfying for your story

Following timeskips super accurately, we would see a site full of much older characters if we did it on basis of when they were first created. I mean Dreidi would be more in her 30/40s but I have held that back in order to explore the stories I was interested in writing.

Only stop writing a character's story if you wanted to and age up characters when you are comfortable aging them up. Don't feel pressured, others will write around you and not be too concerned about it.

Hey gang hope you all are having a great summer. I’m considering something and would like some advice. It’s about whether or not retiring one of my main characters, a Mandalorian named Minerva from new story. The reason being with the twenty year time skip becoming more evident. To be honest I feel like not being fair to fellow role players who had embraced the change and limiting my own roleplay options as well as time passes.

While I’ll continue and hopefully finish what current stories that she is involved with but I’m have become more uncertain about possible future stories with her. Perhaps focus on a different character instead.
if you fancy it, we've still got storylines running in the 878-900 ABY bracket.
And the Empire is always looking for good opps and such

Some folks are even working to kill off their characters in this immediate timeline, though thats a thing they've approached us with so its not exactly a prerequisite for contribution. no worries there.

You could work towards your char's retirement day, little by little in the early timeline. You are more than welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom