Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Umbral Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent | To create a unique lightsaber crystal imbued with the powers of the Dark Side to become the center of Vexen's personal lightsaber.
  • Image Source | [ x ] - Black Soulstone, Diablo III - Blizzard Entertainment
  • Primary Source | Kyber Crystal | Katak Crystal
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Name | Umbral Horror
  • Manufacturer | Kor Vexen
  • Affiliation | Kor Vexen
  • Homeworld | Korriban

• Production | Unique
  • Modularity | N/A
  • Material | Kyber Crystal
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification | Lightsaber Crystal
  • Weight | Heavy
  • Resistances |
    Blasters | Extreme

• Kinetic | Very High

• Lightsabers | Very High

• Other | N/A

[*]Color |
Appears as a dull black crystal but pulsates a deep crimson red when in the presence of an insatiable bloodlust or Dark Sider like that of a heart, almost as if the crystal were alive. The lightsaber blade it produces is an equally crimson blade that becomes black for every victim it slays while active.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths
  • Eternal Thirst | The power of a lightsaber built with this crystal increases the wielder's strength with the Force for every wound it inflicts, revitalizing their strength with the pain and suffering of their foes. To a lesser extent, this allows the wielder to enhance their own body's regenerative properties at a rapid pace in a short span of time. In other words, the more wounds it inflicts, the longer the wielder can fight on.
  • Umbral Aura | The crystal radiates a large area of Dark Side energies within a 10m radius of the wielder. This enhances the capabilities of those attuned with the Dark Side at the expense of the wielder's own stamina while weakening the abilities of those attuned with the Light. This effect varies with each individual's connection to their respective side. A master of the Light or Dark will not be as affected, but Padawans or Acolytes are prone to being much more affected.
Weaknesses
  • Eternal Hunger | Whenever a lightsaber equipped with this crystal is activated, the wielder is immediately weakened as the crystal draws from the wielder's strength and life force. Extended activation requires the wielder to sate the hunger or risk being consumed by it, and while the blade allows the wielder to fight on continuously, it requires the price of blood and pain to be paid while active.
  • Beacon of Darkness | The crystal radiates a massive aura of Dark Side energies when active in the lightsaber built around it. As such, anyone attuned to the Force can detect the wielder and their exact/rough position within that radius depending on how practiced their detection abilities are.
  • Pesky Metal | Beskar, Cortosis, Songsteel, and Phrik are of course the four main materials that will possess a strong resistance to the lightsaber that is produced by the Umbral Horror as they can handle prolonged contact with the blade or short it out entirely.
  • Double Edged Sword | Those that wield the Umbral Horror are subject to its hunger. If their hunger is weaker than that of those capable of wielding it, the crystal will begin to consume their mind before consuming their body. Conversely, if it senses a presence that possesses an even greater hunger than the current wielder, then the current will begin to be consumed till the crystal is surrendered or the wielder moves out of the presence of the other.
  • Hiss Light | As it is a crystal bathed in shadows and darkness, the Umbral Horror can be harmed by any detrimental effects that are afflicted against it by powers or artifacts imbued with the Light meant to harm or destroy Dark Side artifacts.
DESCRIPTION

The Kyber Crystal dubbed as the Umbral Horror is strange as far as kyber crystals go, being much denser and heavier compared to others. Discovered deep in the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban by a seeker named Zul Grimm and brought in for
examination. Many who have tried to claim it as their own stepped foward, though few could wield it. It was proven to be extremely difficult to cut and fit into a lightsaber, with most attempts resulting in it fracturing and becoming unusable. It shares many properties to that of the Katak crystals in the sense that it is able to siphon the life force of others wounded by the blade it produces. However, it seems to do much more, using the wielder as a conduit to sate its hunger and grant strength to those bold enough to wield it.

Further attempts to bend the crystal to the will of the wielder were unsuccessful, with the crystal's hunger overwhelming both the mind and body of those attempting to wield it. Such individuals who have attempted to wield a saber utilizing the Umbral Horror suffered from massive gaps in memory as if the crystal itself had consumed even the knowledge in one's mind before their own bodies began to deteriorate. It was later speculated that the crystal only truly functioned when wielded by those that possess an even greater desire to sate their hunger.

Attempts to fashion multiple crystals from the chunk that was uncovered resulted in failure, with only a single suitable crystal being produced to fit a lightsaber. Both Sith and researchers speculate the immense power that the Umbral Horror possesses, and so a few candidates to test the theory of who the crystal would yield to were chosen, chief among them being the Lord of Assimilation known to few as Darth Sacrorum, and by many as General Kor Vexen of the Imperial Legion.

Initially, the crystal reacted as it had done with all before it and gripped Vexen with its hunger. After about an hour, the crystal seemed to subside and submit to the Sith, and those who know of Vexen believe it to be a result of it feeding off the essence of the countless individuals that Vexen had consumed over the last few centuries. With the crystal now subjugated to Kor Vexen, it was removed from the temporary lightsaber it was placed in, now pending a new one to be wielded by the General.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Kor Vexen"]

I'd like you to add Weakness to Lightside effects to this as per your notations this is basically a thing of the darkside and those generally don't enjoy the light.

Kor Vexen said:
Eternal Thirst | The power of a lightsaber built with this crystal increases the wielder's strength with the Force for every wound it inflicts, revitalizing their strength with the pain and suffering of their foes. To a lesser extent, this allows the wielder to enhance their own body's regenerative properties at a rapid pace in a short span of time. In other words, the more wounds it inflicts, the longer the wielder can fight on. Umbral Aura | The crystal radiates a large area of Dark Side energies within a 10m radius of the wielder. This enhances the capabilities of those attuned with the Dark Side at the expense of the wielder's own stamina while weakening the abilities of those attuned with the Light. This effect varies with each individual's connection to their respective side. A master of the Light or Dark will not be as affected, but Padawans or Acolytes are prone to being much more affected.
I'm also going to note with your strengths that all damage/effect is rendered by the victim. I'm okay with your wording in this but It is important to note that you do not get to dictate any effect on anyone. Thus if even a Padawan says they are immune to these effects then they are.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

When you said weakness to Lightside effects, did you mean any particular Light based Force powers or just being in the presence of an individual strongly attuned to the Light?

Also to address your concerns of the second bit about Eternal Thirst, I am well aware and will be sure that if anyone does engage in combat with me will be informed about that effect and they are free to dictate on their own to what degree if at all, the effects are. To me it was more so added for flavor text for the other writer if they'd like to include it in their posts because if you consider a Padawan trying to engage a Sith Lord then they're likely to be overwhelmed anyways regardless of immunities because it's just an exponential gap in both skill and mastery to begin with whereas it has little impact to a person equal or stronger than myself. If after that explanation you are still apprehensive about it I can simply remove it if it is too much of a hassle.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Kor Vexen"]

I mean Force Light, Lightside Artifacts that destroy Darkside stuff, etc.

Also as I said I'm fine with the language and the effect, but in tech submissions it's often taken for granted that simply because it passed through the factory the thing has to have that effect when in reality the rules of Chaos don't state this at all. With an item like this I felt it was important to point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom