Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Um what do I call this

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Red walked through the gardens of the Silver Rest, taking a quick break before he got back to his work. It was... oddly peaceful in the gardens, set aside from the bustle of the rest of the Silver Rest. It was a place for relaxation and meditation.

But Red had never been too good at that.

Red was always on the frontlines, always fighting. He wasn't allowed to stop, because he knew that the Jedi needed everybody the had on the front. He knew that if they relaxed, then the enemies of the Jedi would gain the upper-hand, and he could not let that happen.

He wore his battle armor, with his helmet held under his arm. His red hair blew in the gentle breeze, and his red eyes scanned the area. He had a blaster rifle slung over his back, and his lightsaber was visible on his utility belt. Even off-duty, Red was prepared for a fight.

As he walked through the garden, he felt another presence, close by. It was... familiar, one he had felt before, and one that he recognized. He looked up at the tree above him, and saw the Padawan sitting in the branches. He knew this one... It was Padawan Kuxirra. She was a Subject, like Red. She understood him, she understood what it was like to be him.

"Padawan Kuxirra!" Red shouted out to her. "What are you doing in that branch?"

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red
Startled, Kuxirra jumped, losing her balance and falling, only to flip and land on her feet in front of her Master. She too had her weapons on her, despite the fact that she preferred not to use them. Her feet, as usual, were bare.
"I was meditating, Master." She said, bowing. "You know how much I love the gardens."

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

Red watched as she jumped out of the tree, seemingly startled. But, as she fell, she pulled into a flip and landed on her feet in front of him. Despite having caught herself, she had still allowed herself to be caught off guard. She was distracted, something was on her mind, that much Red could see. He wondered what could be bothering her so much to have her distracted.

Then, she answered his question, saying that she was meditating. So, she had been distracted, but she still should have seen Red coming, or at least have sensed him. She wasn't on top of her game like she should be.

"Yes, you do seem to like the gardens," Red admitted. "Why are you meditating, though? Is there something bothering you, Kuxirra?" He asked her. Something had to be the matter, as she seemed distracted, and not on top of her usual game. Something was up, and Red knew that.

"I'm not sure..." Kuxirra admitted, looking down and shuffling her feet. "It's just...I only recently learned who I am aside from an experiment. I'm still trying to get it all sorted out, you know? I mean...I've spent my life being trained for combat for someone and suddenly I learn that I'm descended from a powerful Jedi. That kinda comes with a reputation, and I don't know if I can live up to it."

Subject 73 Red

Red listened to her reply. He nodded as she spoke; he understood how she felt. Being that young... and with so much responsibility on her shoulders... it would be tough. Especially being an experiment, Red knew how it felt. Having such power... such strength... and at that young of an age, she didn't know what to do, and she just recently learned who she could have been, who she should have been, if it were not for the experimenting. Learning that must have hit her hard. Now... she had a lot of expectations to stand up to. Being a supersoldier, stronger and faster than everyone else, was a pretty big expectation. When you were the strongest fighter, people looked up to you, they trusted you with their lives. It was a very big responsibility. And now she had to face this. He knew all about that, all of the experiments did, though some more than others.

"Walk with me." Red told her, then, he started walking down the path through the gardens.

The day was just starting, and the sun was shining. Everybody was starting to move around, and begin their daily routines. Masters and Padawans alike could be seen meditating in the gardens, and further off in the courtyards he could see people training or congregating for lessons. It all was beautiful, seeing how harmonious this society was.

"Tell me, Padawan Tano-Bonteri, do you know why we fight? Do you know why we must fight?" He asked her, wanting to hear her reply.

Kuxirra followed her Master. At his question, she nodded. "We fight to protect others. To defend those who cannot defend themselves. We must fight because it is our duty. Not because we want to or because we like the adrenaline rush. We're peacekeepers." That was one of the things she'd been pondering while she'd meditated.

Subject 73 Red

Red listened to her reply. It was a decent reply, and definitely one that was standard for a Jedi to say, but it wasn't the answer he was looking for. It was a standard reply for a Jedi, but he felt it was too... lacking. The Jedi code wasn't made for people like Red and Kuxirra; it was made for people that weren't built for combat, whose entire lives didn't revolve around fighting.

"Good answer, but not the one I was looking for," He told her. "I'm not asking why the Jedi fight. I'm asking for why we fight, Kuxirra. Me and you. The Experiments. Why do people like us fight?" He asked her.

"We fight because that's what we're made for..." Kuxirra said sadly. She never wanted to fight. "What we're trained to do..." The Padawan shook her head. "Because we were experimented on by a psychopath who wanted nothing but profit and to conquer." She spat, the tone unusual for her. "By a man—no, a monster—who works against the will of the Force. Against my very nature. I could never hurt anyone, but that's exactly what he kidnapped me for." She sighed, realizing that she'd gotten off-topic. "We fight because we are forced to." She said softly. "At least that's what I feel."

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

Red listened to her reply once again, and sighed. He had expected this response from her, but he had been hoping she had expanded her view more than that.

Red shook his head. "Alas, you are incorrect, once again." He told her. "We fight because we can, and what we can do is help other people by lending them our abilities when they need them most. People like you and me, Kuxirra, we're a special breed. We have abilities most people couldn't even dream of, that's why we help them when they can't help themselves, because we have the ability to. You get where I'm going with this?" He asked her.

"As for the man that created us, how do you know that what happened wasn't the will of the Force? Perhaps this is exactly what the Force wants. Perhaps he was working for the will of the Force. Ever thought about that?"

They continued walking down the path. They were headed towards the courtyard, where multiple people could be seen starting their training exercises and beginning their day-to-day activities.

Kuxirra nodded. "Yeah, I see what you mean." At his next response, she shook her head. "I hadn't thought about that. But it makes sense." As she noticed Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red leading her towards other people, she sighed. She wasn't in the mood for socializing. "If that's the case, why does the Force do this to us? Why did it make my grandmother die, only to bring her back? Why did it choose us to be experimented on? Why?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom