Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Type-42G Body Armor, a.k.a. “Red Vest”

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To sub a powerful type of body armor for future submissions and role-playing.
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Visanj T'shkali
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: Type-42G Body Armor, a.k.a. “Red Vest”
Modularity: None, except that it is tailored / fitted to the wearer.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Absorbital, Reinforced Duraplast, Verpine Fiber, Glistaweb, Songsteel, Norris Root Dye.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: Very Light
Resistances –
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: Very High
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Other, EMP/Ion: Very High
- Other, Sonic: None
- Other, Acid (And other corrosive substances): None
- Other, Force Abilities: None
- Other, Elemental: None
- Other, Electrical: None
- Other, Radiation: None

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Exceptionally extreme protection against most commonly-encountered threats.
  • Absolutely slim-line, ultra-light, and form-fitted, ensuring total freedom of movement and unencumbered wear.
  • Able to be worn unnoticed beneath armor and clothing.
Strengths:
  • Offers extraordinarily extreme protection against kinetic damage, safeguarding torso, spine, and pelvic are from injury.
  • Offers extreme resistance to blasters and other plasma-type weaponry, including high-powered sniper-type weapons.
  • Offers extreme resistance to lightsaber-type weapons, including standard lightsabers, lightwhips, etc.
  • Offers extreme protection against melee weapons, as well as tearing, punctures, slashing, or similar injuries.
  • Offers very high protection against EMP/Ion weapons.
  • Slimline, very light armor can be worn unnoticed beneath normal clothing or under / with other types of armor and doesn’t restrict movement.
Weaknesses:
  • Covers only the torso, neck, and groin area, leaving other body parts (i.e. head, lower body, and arms) exposed and vulnerable.
  • Offers no protection against extreme temperature.
  • Offers no protection against elemental damage such as extreme temperatures, etc.
  • Offers no protection against electrical damage.
  • Offers no protection against sonic weapons.
  • Offers no protection against force abilities (including forcesabers).
  • Offers no protection against radiation.
DESCRIPTION
The slim-fit vests cover the groin/pelvic area, torso, and neck with a form-fitting piece of armor which is both extremely lightweight and does not restrict movement in any way. Able to protect the wearer from blasters and other plasma-type weaponry, standard lightsabers and other lightsaber-type weapons, melee weapons including vibroblades, acid attacks, as well as from kinetic weapons and damage such as nearby detonations, shrapnel, concussive injuries, etc., the Red Vest is an ideal armor for anyone looking for peace of mind against the gamut of commonly-used weapons throughout the galaxy.

So named for the reddish color gained by the Norris root dye, the Red Vests are made from finely and densely-woven songsteel filaments, verpine fiber, glistaweb silk, and powerful duraplast thread, all of which is treated with Malreaux lacquer and absorbital. Taken individually, each of the materials used would provide excellent protection against one or more threats, but working in concert, the result of this patented weaving and treatment process is an extremely durable protective vest able to shield the wearer from a host of potential threats against them. Each vest sold is tailored to the wearer, cut so as to not hinder or obstruct movement in any way, and given the ‘feather-weight’ of the garment and it’s form-fitted tailoring, it can be worn beneath normal clothing or even under other forms of armor.

However, nothing is without its limitations: Red Vests do not protect the wearer against Force abilities (including Force sabers), extreme temperatures, electrical damage, or sonic attacks, and of course, the Red Vests only offer protection to the areas actually covered by the garment. However, against most common weapons and threats encountered across the galaxy, the Red Vest is the ideal choice of protection. Blasters, slugthrowers, acid munitions, vibroblades, and lightsabers can all be stopped by the Red Vest!

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

Extreme is not allowed at anything other than UNIQUE ratings. It is one of the rules of the factory please push all your ratings of extreme down to very high.

Secondly Kinetics and melee weapons can be treated as one rating anyways unless you are you spilt it down into a bunch of different types of damage.

First....Hi [member="Tom Taff"] it's been a minute! Thanks for taking the time to look this over, I appreciate it.

Second, you're right. It balanced on the spreadsheet so I never thought anything more about the rating limit. Thank you.

Third, I have always understood "Kinetics" to mean projectiles (i.e. rail guns, slugthrowers, etc.) and concussive blast, i.e. shielding from internal injuries caused by blunt-force trauma or shockwaves, while melee weapons were things like slicing, stabbing, shrapnel, etc. Is that not the case? If so, did that change or is that new?

Thanks again, changes made!

Vi

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

Well I have always personally viewed kinetics as anything that uses force to impart damage. Like for example of what you said using slugthrower. In my mind it makes sense that a armour that can tank a round of that can also tank a hammer hit to the chest. Given the hammer would travel slower than a slugthrower, more area for the force to be spread, ECT.

Also when you think about it really a gun/slugthrower is technically a piercing weapon which also includes things like daggers, javelins, swords some times. Anything that has to use a sharp end and only goes in one area. Just my thoughts on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom