Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type 007 Gravitic Disruptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia Io

The Daughter of Enforcement
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a new kind of Disruptor Rifle
halo_assault_rifle_by_bob2244_d5ae73t-fullview.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sword Herald Special Purpose Enterprises
  • Affiliation: Sword Herald Special Purpose Enterprises
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Disruptor components, advanced Gravity Generator components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Gravitic Disruptor Rifle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Recharging Power Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small | 007 Shots
  • Effective Range: Long
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Disruptor that fires particle bolts channeled through Advanced Gravity Generator Parts, allowing each bolt that impacts on a person or surface to generate a momentary gravity swell in a 0.3 meter radius that rips apart matter and ignores most types of armor and shields
  • Recharging Power Cell allows it to replenish it's ammo almost indefinitely
  • Long range of 550 meters
  • Hyper Accuracy
  • Can be fitted with a variety of scopes
  • Bends around Lightsaber blades like Paddle Beams
  • Low Recoil
STRENGTHS
  • Hell is just a word: Being a Disruptor firing a directed micro Gravity Swell, that ignores most shields and armor, capable of pulling in all surrounding matter in a 0.3 meter singularity radius, it's safe to say this thing does immense damage
  • DO YOU SEE: Superior Accuracy, whether scoped or not
  • She Won't Let You Leave: Recharges to full capacity in 7 seconds, eliminating the need to carry ammo
  • Where We're going, We won't need eyes to see: Long 550 meter range. Can also be fitted with a variety of scopes
  • The Gateway is Open, and You're all coming with me: It's bolts bend around Lightsaber Blades
  • If you'd seen what I'd seen, you wouldn't try to stop me: Low Recoil
WEAKNESSES
  • Yes, I see: Only 7 shots
  • We're Leaving: Very Low Fire Rate
  • Libera te Tutemet ex Inferis: Costlier to fix due to it's highly specialized components and takes longer to repair in the field, so while it can be Mass Produced, it's relegated to a sort of DMR. Lastly, it requires frequent tuning and Maintenance due to the sensitivity of its special parts
  • Layman's Terms: Lugging it around WILL tire you out
DESCRIPTION

Gravitic Disruptors--or, how I learned to stop worrying and embrace the Singularity!

--Sales Pitch

The first in a new line of weapons, Gravitic Disruptors combine Advanced Gravity Generator technology and Disruptor Rifle, firing directed micro Gravity swells whose effect on Organic tissue is even more horrible in some ways than that of a Class D Disruptor...skin muscle tissue, and potentially bone can be sucked into the 0.3 Gravity Swell, leaving a massive cratering effect in torsos and limbs, as if someone had simply scooped a chunk of them out with an ice cream scoop. Sword Herald charges more for this exotic weapon despite it being Mass Produced--if you're not going to charge up the nose for a brand new kind of Disruptor, what's the point?

A product of Alicia's digital mind.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Alicia Io Alicia Io

Hello, this was an interesting read so let us begin.

Ammunition Capacity: Very Small | 007 Shots
As always I understand it is your favorite thing but numbers do factor in and this is barrely a single shot which contradicts the later counts.

Disruptor that fires particle bolts channeled through Advanced Gravity Generator Parts, allowing each bolt that impacts on a person or surface to generate a momentary gravity swell in a 0.3 meter radius that rips apart matter and ignores most types of armor and shields
Ignoring another writers autonomy to call their damage is not allowed.

Recharging Power Cell allows it to replenish it's ammo almost indefinitely
She Won't Let You Leave: Recharges to full capacity in 7 seconds, eliminating the need to carry ammo
Yes, I see: Only 7 shots
THis isn't really a downside, disruptors in general had a charge up time to fire off a blast, factor in lining up the shot and leading the target for maximum effect and you would not really ever need to worry about ammo.

The Gateway is Open, and You're all coming with me: It's bolts bend around Lightsaber Blades
Paddle Beamer were strong ion not gravity and their bending effect could be countered by altering the frequency of a lightsaber which rendered it vulnerable to standard blasters.

There is a lot here but it reads like the standard fair... something that can't be blocked, stopped and instakills everyone it encounters. With weaknesses that are not really substantial to balance out the godmod attempts. Now while I am all for exotic equipment this would edit wise require a lot more revisions and be substantially altered from the original intent.

As such I am going to deny it on intent and concept. If you want to try and repost it I would suggest heavy alterations to wording, a drastically lower production value that doesn't let npcs run around with it and weaknesses that balance out the powerful strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom