Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tying up loose ends

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Tag: Amea Virou Amea Virou
After Amea and Valery had cleared out the compound where Clara was killed, the two left with the body so the woman's family could be updated about what happened. This was something Valery left to Amea, as it was a rather personal thing, but their time working together wasn't quite over yet. They had agreed not to pursue the thugs responsible for Clara's death, but they were going to cut the head off the snake.
For this reason, the two met once again on board Amea's ship, ready to finish what they started.
"Have you been able to get access to the datapad already?"
Prior to their departure from the slaver's compound, Amea had retrieved a datapad from the boss' office. It was likely the key to finding the big bad behind the entire organization but she expected it to be encrypted to some extent. Not that it would be a problem for an info broker to get access to something she's not supposed to — she was merely curious.
n0m34qi.png

There had been a moment of remorse once. Amea hated it. A moment where part of her understood that it wasn't exactly normal to act out like this, but it was always cut off by the voice that demanded retribution.

As she dug through the files and found what she needed she was reminded of why it was so easy to hate, so easy to anger when people like this still existed. People who had no reason to put themselves above others for no other reason than personal greed. Well, she had the resources to do something and that was what she did.

"Yep." Amea said as she took her seat. "Coruscant had a faster connection to my own databanks. We need to head to Adras."

Amea immediately began to put the coordinates in. The ship turned around and punched into hyperspace.

"Ever been to Adras?" She asked and shrugged. It was hypothetical. "Unremarkable planet. Odd choice for slavers."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
"Can't say I have."
Valery joined Amea in the cockpit and lowered herself back into the co-pilot seat, ready to start what would hopefully be the end of this little adventure. Not that she disliked working with Amea, but the last mission had gotten far too bloody. The original plan had been to just gather intelligence so she could deal with the organization cleverly, but now it almost felt like a full-on war.
"That does seem odd — I doubt there is no reason or thought behind it at all." Valery said as she leaned back into the chair and made herself comfortable.
"Anything about the planet worth knowing before we land? Or is it really just nothing special?" She figured there had to be something about this world that drew them there. Or maybe the fact it was so unremarkable was the reason?
"Oh and did the datapad have anything on what we can expect there? Or will that be a surprise?" she smirked. "I'm sure we'll be good either way, but any information is welcomed."
n0m34qi.png

"A few farms, some mountains. My intel suggests caves too, which undoubtedly would be where the slavers are based." Amea shrugged yet again and turned towards Valery. "While I would agree that there is no rhyme or reason behind their choice, I think there may be. Natural camouflage, that sort of thing."

"The data suggested that they keep a tight control over the docks, meaning we really, really don't want to make a lot of noise upon touchdown. Just be two misguided tourists, core-worlders who should know better, that kind of thing."

As the blue lights outside streaked by the window she eased on the back rest and leaned into it with a sigh. The seat spun a lap before it faced the passing void of space once more.

"You are worried I will lose my marbles again." Amea said and turned her head to look back over at Valery again. "It's in the way your brows try to keep from furrowing."

n0m34qi.png
"I should have brought my leather jacket and jeans, then." Part a joke about the NJO's reputation, but there was some truth to it as well. With her more typical outfit, she definitely stood out among civilians, and the form-fitting clothing offered little options to hide two lightsabers in as well.
"But I'll do my best to play the part," she smirked and leaned back into her chair, taking a moment to relax before they'd arrive. While they were going to try and avoid drawing attention early, it was only a matter of time before something was going to force them to act.
Whether that was reaching the boss or first running into a dozen of his men along the way remained to be seen.
"Hmm... maybe a little." She admitted as her gaze turned to meet Amea's. "Now that I know a bit more about you, and where it came from, I just don't want to see you go through it again," she said. "I'm not afraid you'll get us in trouble or killed at all. But knowing the promise you made and your desire not to lash out, I would hate to see anything like that happen again."
n0m34qi.png

"Threat still stands by the way." Amea quickly added and averted her eyes towards the viewport in shame. "And maybe you should have. The New Jedi Order has an image problem and all that. 'cept perhaps for the select few that go for jumpsuits instead."

"Once we get there, we'll just have to play it by ear." She said, and as if on demand, realspace popped back into view again and the stardrives began its cooldown cycle. Amea's feet fell from their position on a nearby console and back onto the floor again while she readjusted her seat for work mode once more. "Either they are aware of what happened to their buddies, or Tark kept his mouth shut about who his employers were to his crew. Either way, we're bound to find out."

The ship whirled through atmo until the port authority began to holler at them through the comms.

"This is Adras Port Authority. Confirm your identity before touching down." A drowsy man voice almost snored through the channels.

"Transferring now." Amea confirmed and sent a fake ID their way that marked them as former Confederate merchants.

"You got it." The man chimed. "One bay with complimentary refueling. Dock D-34."

Amea nodded and looked at Valery once the comms had closed. "It's amazing what disinformation can get you."

n0m34qi.png
"Noted," Valery said with a faint smirk in response to the threat.
She then leaned back into her chair and watched as the ship came out of hyperspace, the rather dull planet now out in front of them. "Shouldn't be a problem. We can handle ourselves either way." Valery said. This time, there was no hostage involved so even if they were spotted and attacked along the way, there was far less pressure on them.
They were going to get to the boss one way or another.
Valery then went quiet as Amea got them clearance to land, and grinned a little at how easy it seemed to get in. With actual permission to land, they were likely not going to run into too much trouble, which hopefully meant they could plan their approach more carefully this time.
"Quite amazing." Valery said as she got up and grabbed some long robes she had brought along. She wrapped them around herself, and tightened it up around the waist to keep the lightsabers on her hips concealed. Now that her appearance wasn't screaming Jedi anymore, she stepped out of the ship and looked around.
"You mentioned caves, right? Maybe they're set up in the mountains there." She gestured to the tall peaks that they could see over the roof of the spaceport and surrounding buildings.
"It's close to this dock they supposedly control, and I don't see where else there would be caves."
n0m34qi.png

It was the cover of a pilgrim and a dodgy pilot who took her here. As far as covers went, these were most likely as good as they could get. Amea wasn't particularly thrilled about their odds of getting by unobserved, but perhaps that was just as well. As they stepped down there was a brief moment where Amea stopped, turned around and looked up the ramp.

If they owned this dock there was a very good chance that…

She shook her head and turned back around. From her pocket she withdrew a small detonator disguised as a remote key that she used to prime the self-destruct in case they would attempt to lock it down. If Valery had listened closely she could have heard a very faint 'beep-beep' followed by slow hissing synthetic winds that indicated the bombs were ready to blow if given the sign.

"Just in case." Amea shrugged and patted her pilgrim friend on the shoulder. "Come to Adras often? Anything in particular you wanna see here, orrr… ?"

Hopefully Valery picked up on the act.

n0m34qi.png
Stepping out the ship, Valery looked over her shoulder at the beep-beep sound, and blinked. She knew what it meant because they had discussed the plan, but she really hoped blowing up the ship wasn't going to be necessary. It would suck to have their way out of here go up in flames.
But then it was time to play into her act, and she'd step forward with a tourist-like excitement on her face. She spread her arms and turned her head to Amea.
"The city seems wonderful, but nature is where it's at for me!" she said and felt herself dying just a little on the inside. If Amea was ever bringing this up, she was gonna be the one to be threatened.
"Maybe we can walk through the city and head along the path towards the mountains? I heard they're beautiful, and I'd love to see some of the wildlife that lives here too." Her tone was a bit less overly enthusiastic, but she was by no means a terrible actress.
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom