Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech TXD Combat Series 'Tempest' A.I

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a standardized A.I system for combat droids.
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link:
  • Permissions: --
  • Primary Source: --
PF7HVjk.png
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Technoid Manufactorum
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: TXD-CSAI-01
  • Modularity: Yes ; several programmable settings.
  • Production: Mass-Production
  • Material:
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • An advanced behavior protocol system for combat droids.
  • Holo-net link.
  • Programmable behavior patterns.
  • Built in advanced tactical instinct developed from several different armed forces records.
  • Programmable rules of engagement protocols.
  • Internal packages for listing several different opponent responses based on several templates [Force user (darkside), Wild life, etc.]
  • Hair trigger decision making capability.
  • Basic and pragmatic speech patterns.
  • Allows for fluid implementation into battle-plans.
  • Limited independent thought outside of programmed instincts.
  • Difficult to slice due to Skakoan programming languages and techniques.
  • Independent linkage between other TXD systems ; no control center required.
STRENGTHS
  • Primal Hunter: The compiled features of the advanced combat system AI allows the implemented droid to be a dangerous and lethal opponent, sacrificing free thought and social capabilities for tactical instinct.
  • Skakoan Roots: The programming techniques by the Skakoan engineers who pioneered the AI make for an alien and difficult system for slicers to crack into. However the user-end is configured to be simply programmed by anyone with a baseline knowledge of the systems.
WEAKNESSES
  • Ground Up: Due to the nature of the A.I's independence from distant control centers it requires a stalwart and robustly powered chassis to operate on and thus is difficult to mount unto existing systems. The esoteric programming and computer structuring of the A.I’s programming making it especially difficult to modify or alter from the backend to accommodate the user’s needs.
  • "Initiating Cordial Greeting...": The social capabilities of the AI system are limited in order to make up for the more advanced war-fighting implements built into the A.I's programming, making communication basic and pragmatic at best.
DESCRIPTION
In order to make a product line of various combat droids, the Technoid Manufactorum necessitated the development of its own series of AI systems. Following the nature of the Skakoan technicians charged with leading the project the AI was constructed with pragmatic, utilitarian but easily programmable behavior patterns built in. Uploading the service and combat records from both CIS and Sith-Imperial military command the 'Tempest' AI was compiled into a robust baseline combat unit for use in basic battle droids to more advanced 'commando' models proficiently.

OISuod4.png

Last edited:
Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

This is a really really nicely put together submission and I can see how you plan to use it in the future.

There are just a few things I want to bring to your attention.

1) Deionizer Shell

I noticed that you mentioned a deionizer in the materials, but didn't refer to it again anywhere else in the submission. At the very least I'd recommend that it should be mentioned in special features and strengths because Ion attacks are the most common way of handling AIs and droids.

2) Strengths

Skakoan Roots:
The programming techniques by the Skakoan engineers who pioneered the AI make for an alien and difficult system for slicers to crack into. However, the user-end is configured to be simply programmed by any

I believe you failed to finish this sentence? At the same time, would the alien nature of its programming affect anyone trying to repair whichever droid it was loaded into? How does it interface with other technologies and programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom