Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Feet on the Ground

World: Unknown

She always remembered how to find home. It wasn’t Corellia, but it was another home. This home was the one she remembered the most, the one that she had learned to fight at, the one she learned to fly and where she learned to be free. Allyson Locke always hid the fact that she was raised by Mandalorians, that they were her family and she was adopted into clan Rekali. During the civil war it seemed Ember sided against the Mandalor and their anti-force desires. He was always interested in the witchy ways and Allyson could never wrap her head around it.

Didn’t help the girl was incapable of using the Force beyond her own unique skills. Though as she became older she started to pick up small subtle feelings, always assumed it was her gut or some instincts of the sorts. She had returned home after a realization, a conversation that slapped her in the face with what had happened to her.

Allyson felt lost. After everything, Corellia, Anoat, and finally Bastion – she never faced anything. It was all buried away, covered by a bit of snark and confidence. Her conversation with Jyoti dug past all that and Ally knew there was no more hiding it. It was a good thing her droid Bait was a decent pilot and her ship always knew how to get back here. Stumbling out, she made her way to where she knew Ember would be located, the woman stood with her Silver Spacy uniform unkept and untucked. Her hair lazily put into a bun and the beret she usually kept pristine hung slouched off her head. It was obvious that the Corellian was intoxicated, or was coming down from it.

Either way, she knocked heavily on the door. After a few heavy knocks, she rested her head against it and sighed heavily. “Ember I know you’re in there! Old man open the door!”

[member="Ember Rekali"]

[member="Allyson Locke"]

A slow rare grin broke over Ember's face. He set down his datapad and eased out of his comfortable chair. The door opened, and there she was: his chief engineer back in the day, and someone he considered family. He hadn't seen her since he died, apart from a grim vision. She looked well, tipsiness notwithstanding: nice uniform, a few more years' experience, a stronger presence in the Force.

"Alive and working for the Silvers. Well how about that. Good to see you, Locke." He hugged her fiercely. "I missed you, kid."

[SIZE=9pt]The door opened, and Allyson was faced with the man that basically raised her from her early teens till she decided to do her own thing. She remembered hearing about him dying and then coming back, but that’s what people did. Well, that’s what Forcers did. Allyson remembered being angry about her parents not being able to come back like Ember did or Dark Lords. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Before Allyson could say anything, the man pulled her into a tight hug. He still smelled like the outer rim, that earthy smell that she had never experienced till she met him. It was oddly comforting, and it relaxed her for a bit. Though the last time she smelled this was when he grabbed her, while clinging to life on Bastion. Arms finally moved, and she hugged the man. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“I missed you too old man.” She would have that honey smoke smell of Corellian whiskey on her, but he was right she moved up in the world from a crazy kid sneaking to his ship. Pulling away and rubbed the back of her head. “Lot has happened, and I don’t know where to start dealing with it. So once again, it seems I’m at your doorstep.” [/SIZE]

[member="Ember Rekali"]

[member="Allyson Locke"]

"Well, come on in, come in. Feth, you've grown. Look at that. I'd heard you were in Rogue Squadron and flying for the Silver Jedi -- must be well on your way to Wing Commander by now."

He ushered her into the one-room house, the kind of bachelor pad you'd expect to belong to a man who'd been everything and everywhere. He cleared a second chair of books, some of them leather-bound and arcane, others plain and dense: textbooks. The man who'd burned down his Dark Side high school as a kid was pursuing some kind of higher education, after half a century or thereabouts.

"Sorry about the mess. I've gotten too used to living alone. So how can I help?"

The way he asked made that question sound like 'who or what do I need to kill?', which was intentional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom