Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Eyes Close, One Eye Opens [Valeska Daeranthe]

Darth Imperia

D
The most basic of Force-centered abilities, the nebulous web of awareness commonly referred to as Force Sense was one possessed by almost every Force Sensitive organism in the galaxy, to some degree or another. The Miraluka were so extremely skilled with the aforementioned manifestation of the Force that, in fact, they had no eyes - the aforementioned organs had grown vestigial and, in a perfect example of evolution, had been dispensed with over the generations.

To Darth Imperia, the use of the Force to imitate Sight was especially important; the odd design of her armor necessitated it. But beyond that, she also found it to be a generally useful skill, and one that every aspiring Sith should possess at least a basic understanding of the Art.

Valeska Daeranthe, the Knight's Apprentice, was only vaguely aware of her extrasensory perceptions, and therefore unable to focus or refine them.

Hence, the day's lesson.

Imperia had brought the Iridonian to a planetoid bathed in eternal darkness, cold and barren - a far cry from the volcanic conditions that characterized Iridonia. What little life populated the planet was blind, and today, Valeska would be too.

"We will be clearing out a nest of the creatures that make their homes upon this planet," began the Knight, clad in her signature armor, faceless (and eyeless) mask of phrik included. The only indication of her location in the inky sea of blackness was the red glare of her lightsaber, spinning gently in her hand. "Your eyes will be no use to you here, my Apprentice - as I'm sure you've worked out by now. Luckily for you, your eyes are the least impressive vehicles of sight for a Sith, even an aspirant such as yourself. All things are connected to the Force - from you and I to the tiniest speck of dust to the massive, gnawing expanse of the Void."

There were a few seconds of silence before Imperia flicked her lightsaber off, allowing the utter darkness to engulf the pair once more.

"You will be taught to exploit this connection in time - but first, you must learn to sense it for yourself."

---

[member="Valeska Daeranthe"]

The girl stared into the dark, remaining close to her master. It wasn't the first time she found herself completely blind, and surely it wasn't going to be the last. There was truth in Imperias statement; your eyes are the least impressive vehicles of sight for a Sith. Valeska had found herself before needing to rely on other methods to see, such as her hearing, it wasn't spectacular in all truth, countless blows to the head, loud noises right in her ears, though she would have to make due until she grasped the basics of using her force sense.

You will be taught to exploit this connection in time - but first, you must learn to sense it for yourself.

"And by this, I assume you mean we will be delving head first into a nest of carnivorous and deadly creatures hoping that I quickly pick up on the skill." She looked through the darkness to Imperia, at least to where she thought she was, at the moment her only method of locating her was the hearing which aided little in the current stillness. Perhaps a rock here, there, a cliff edge hidden in black, this was sure to be an event full of suspense.

---

[member="Darth Imperia"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom