Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Two archaeologists and the Rakata temple

ZmUI5db.png

Benûwia Antares / Darth Xanesh / Ireria Antares
Sith sorcerer, alchemist, historian, member of the Primyn Group
6C7CKgx.png
Equipment: Red blade lightsaber (Benûwia) | Red blade lightsaber (Ireria) | Multispectrum disguise suite | Archaeological equipment
Tag(s): Alaria Telwith Alaria Telwith
bvU6aHX.png

In recent days, Ireria has been the dominant personality, she could finally enjoy being on a planet where she could archaeologize. She has literally been waiting for such an opportunity for millennia. This planet was the Eden for her, maybe she had to wear a mask, because the atmosphere was unbreathable for her. But that didn't bother her, for the planet was full of ancient ruins. On the one hand there were ancient Sith ruins here, there are also finds from the Yuuzhan Vong. And what was most important to her was that there were also Rakata artifacts too.

Since her resurrection she has read quite a lot about vong as well. But she was still attracted to much older, ancient cultures like Rakata, Gree or Kwa, maybe the Esh-kha too. That is why she camped at the remains of an ancient rakata temple. That was a perfect place for her. In recent days, she has been conducting outdoor exploration all alone. She still barely knew anyone here in this time plane so she came all alone. She only indicated to The Primyn Group that she was going to go archeology on the planet Belkadan.

Since she was here she has found countless smaller finds, just fragments, pots, weapon remnants, or just sculpture pieces. She also made several hours of holorecording. And she also found some inscriptions on the outer walls, which she translated. So it was perfectly tellable that Ireria was feeling great. As usual in this “figure”, she still wore her all-blue attire which also covered her face and her eyes were not visible either.

She had finished her relaxing meditation not so long ago, so she was ready to continue working again. She even had plenty to do outside, so she hadn't thought about going in yet. Ireria would have liked to have spent weeks, months, or even more time here, though she had a feeling that Benûwia would have a word or two for that...

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

"Everything can be modified, improved."
Equipment: Listed in my Character Profile
Tag(s): Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco

Goldmine, that was the first thought, the planet of Belkadan was home to Ancient Sith and also Rakata temples and artefacts, ripe for the taking. Before this world was something to behold by all, now only archeological matters are something to behold.

But that’s one of the two cases of study for Alaria. She had descended into atmosphere and landed on the intoxicated ground, pure beauty was her next thought, as she wandered off into the wild, the amount of mutation, enhancement and improvements, this might be a near permanent movement for her, a place all by herself, where she could study in archeology, the force, and sciences...

Something shrouded blue was spotted by Alaria nearby, she quickly activated her cloaking mechanism, allowing her to stay hidden even if the creature senses where force related. She moved quickly, her movement silent but quick, as she quickly stalked the target right behind them.

“This may be more interesting than originally predicted.” Alaria said, her Ancient Sith armour keeping her silent from outside ears...

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
Equipment: Red blade lightsaber (Benûwia) | Red blade lightsaber (Ireria) | Multispectrum disguise suite | Archaeological equipment
bvU6aHX.png

Xanesh, that is, this time Ireria continued to deal with what she had been doing so far. She was still alone, no one bothered her at work. She may have only missed the helpers, with whom she could have done more than one task in the same time. Well, next time she will bring them with herself. But until then she had time, she didn't have to hurry with anything. While filming a statue and faint inscriptions on the wall, as if she had heard some strange sound.

She immediately turned in that direction, but saw nothing, she was thinking of some animal that adapted to the atmosphere, she had seen a couple of these since she had been here, but now there was nothing there. Maybe just the wind, maybe not. She lived long enough not to ignore such a thing, for her life could depend on it. She mapped the area through the Force, but felt no one or anything nearby.

Interesting she thoughts. Maybe she’s just starting to be badly affected by loneliness. After nearly five thousand years she still claimed the company, though Ireria had always been a lonely breed. It was Benûwia who had always loved the rivalry light. Meanwhile she also returned to her previous work and continued the holofilming. However, she continued to pay attention to the area, she didn't want to be surprised by any animal after that. Not as if she was afraid of them, just she did not want her finds or objects to be damaged.

Or even to destroy this unique site… that would have been very unfortunate.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

She was quite close behind the blue figure when they turned around, she stood there, unfazed and waited for her to turn around again. A person, ok she could probably talk her way out of this one.

She went behind the bushes again, rustling could definitely be heard she wanted it to be heard. She deactivated her cloak and walked up to the figure.

“What is it you desire to accomplish on this haven?” she asked, her mask still on, none of her body revealed, but even the average joe could tell her armour was that of the Ancient Sith. Only the robotic voice left her mask, as she walked up to the figure in blue.

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

Her work was again disturbed by the voice she heard again, she no longer considered this a coincidence, there must have been someone or something here. As she turned in the direction of the sound she saw the armored figure as she approached her. She looked down at the armor, which had ancient Sith features, thanks to this Ireria became an almost nostalgic mood.

Based on the armor, the other looked like a woman, she was not surprised that the armor gave a mechanical sound to her voices. This was okay, as it was also customary to use armor to distort the sound as well, so that they never know who is hiding behind the armor. At least in her time that was the ordinary.

”Me?” since it was Ireria who was dominant, so she spoke in the first person. ”I'm already happy about that to the temple after so much time also in good condition, and there is something to discover and explore”

Her voice had a slight mechanical tinge to it, making Ireria’s sound somewhat like a droid or machine. But she was not, it was a peculiarity of the voss species, and if she had already worn the appearance of a voss, she also paid attention to the sound. In her earlier life she had spent enough among the voss to know them perfectly. She couldn't decide yet her intention to rob or search, so she thought it better to ask.

”And you child? Are you interested in archaeology or are you just a grave robber?” she asked.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Alaria was almost disgusted at the question that was brought up, the gall, no the audacity to even suggest that she was a measly grave robber, but she kept her cool, as she always could.

“I am left to wonder, are you the former or the latter, I myself have no intention of living the barbaric life of a grave robber. Alas, I am left to wonder, why are you here and what machinations do you have planned?”

She looked at her through her mask and prepared her target tracking systems, just in case she had any tricks under her sleeve. This was getting more exciting by the minute.

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

She nodded measuredly and with infinite elegance at the response she received from the other woman or girl. She didn’t know that, the mask covered the other's face, as in her case the hood. So the woman was not a grave robber, at least that's what the other claimed. She only answered the question after a few seconds:

”I am an archaeologist, specializing in ancient cultures. More specifically, cultures that are more ancient than the ancient Sith. Rakata, Gree, Kwa among others, but I could list even further” she said.

Ireria made no movement, as if she were a statue, not even reaching out to the Force to assess the other. After this she turned back infinitely slowly in the direction of the ancient temple. She wiped off with her hand a part that had been overgrown with vegetation on the wall. She found another inscription on it, very faintly, of which even a piece was broken off.

”I have already mapped the area and also collected some finds. But even so, for several months, there are enough relics to discover here. And then I didn’t even go near the inside of the church. If you're really an archaeologist ... would you like to help an old lady?” she asked.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

An ancient temple, just what she was looking for, and the fact it looked protected was a good sign that this other meant business.

She went up to her slowly, keeping her distance.
“If you want to look through the temple then I am more than happy to accompany you, note that I didn't say help there, altruism is dangerously stupid, and if you get into too much trouble yourself I won’t be your saving grace.”

She looked around and quickly readied herself, it’s archeology time!

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

She already knew from the child's words that she not only wore ancient Sith armor, but also behaved like a Sith. Though, don’t have to be a particular Sith for arrogant and arrogant behavior. This was easy enough for anyone to do. According to her words, the child did not have one thing, patience. Moreover, Ireria did not see any particular archaeological equipment with her.

”Without archaeological equipment?” she asked.

Her voice was mostly like that of a teacher who had just put her student to the exam. Maybe that's really what happened. She did not want anyone to destroy artifacts with his/her haste and ignorance. Patience was a virtue even for a Sith, in the field of archeology in particular. She had a feeling she couldn’t deter the other, so she preferred to ignore the child's words and so she continued.

”In my camp, there are equipment not so far from here... unless you hide your own somewhere” she said. ”What experience do you have in exploring ancient Rakata ruins?”

She knew that there could be no small surprises inside her, such as still working traps, combat droids. Plus they can be hampered by damage to the building. At the present moment she would not have given much time to the other before she dies.

”I also keep the place and the artifacts ahead of your life. It is good that we have discussed all this, however, if you want to learn from someone who has been doing this for decades, you just have to ask” she said measuredly.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

She almost felt offended when she suggested she hadn’t prepared, she opened a compartment in her armour which showed all of archeological tools, then subsequently closing it.

“If you wouldn’t think twice suggesting that I hadn’t arrived with my tools then you should have no second thoughts about showing me a map of what you have already discovered. And mind you I have been doing this for a long time.”

She quickly grabbed hold of her lightsaber and practiced a couple of strokes with it, ancient just like her armour, the lightsaber was a relic belonging to one or another Sith Lord. She quickly turned off her lightsaber after.

“If you have a lightsaber, strike me with it now, just want to test something.”

Testing is always fun, but she needed to make sure her modified cortosis was ready, and didn’t want to be ambushed by this lady or anyone else in the tomb.

Last edited:
ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

When she saw the archaeologist's equipment, she nodded contentedly, Ireria have seen many times those who trusted their abilities so much that they did not carry equipment. She also had a disciple who died in it, she felt no regret for him, and only a waste of the energy invested was unfortunate. She did not respond to words that seemed insulting, rather, she continued to tell in teacher style why she said what she did.

”I know people, who, out of mere arrogance, refused to walk the normal path.” she said calmly.

She just sighed softly at the weapon she pulled outs. Apparently the child really was not in control of her emotions, in fact, she even misunderstood what Ireria was thinking with her words. But it became certain to the woman that the child could not receive a normal education in archaeology. But she acknowledged that there was potential in her based on the fact that she had not arrived unprepared. She shook her head at the child’s words.

”I was thinking of an archaeological test, because the lightsaber does not protect against traps and tricks. But so be it, if you really feel like you’re ready” she said. ”In this case let's see what's inside. I have already surveyed the temple. There are no cracks in the walls, it has not collapsed anywhere. The only entrance found so far is the closed main entrance. Follow me, my child.”

She took the belongings with her and headed for the main entrance of the temple in the jungle. The woman had to pass between fallen columns and fallen stones, pieces of metal, not to mention the jungle. A few minutes later she arrived in front of a flight of stairs and hopefully the child as well. After going up this she arrived at the door decorated with snakes.

”Well, that would be it!” she said.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Alaria readied herself to enter the temple, she held her lightsaber in one hand and calibrated her systems in her armour. She quickly took a glance at the door, the snakes gave off a feeling of caution to Alaria, as she stood there, waiting, she wasn’t about to suffer a painful death, and she did have a shield anyways to protect her.

“Your first.”

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

Ireria was not surprised when, upon arrival, the other woman allowed her to open the door. She just shook her head and sighed. She had a feeling that the child might have hoped she would die, and then she can go to the temple alone. This has happened to her more than once in her life, and ironically, it was Ireria who was the less paranoid of the twins. She finally just nodded and stepped a little closer to the entrance.

She reached into the Force and with it "reached" in the direction of the door. She had examined it before, so she knew there was no traditional lock on it. And because the rakatans used Force-based technology, so it gave itself that this too must be opened by Force. As soon as she found the lock, she could immediately feel what it looked like, thanks to the way the Force passed through it. She closed her eyes and imagined the structure in front of her.

She held out her hand and while using telekinetics to "break" the lock she made the same movements with her hands. Thus making it easier to work with her mind. Although she had not done so for a long time, it was not something that could only be forgotten. True the lock was quite complicated, she was not surprised at this in light of the fact that no one had yet entered the temple, apparently.

A few minutes later the door surrendered with a loud crack, dust from stone and wood almost burst out of the door. And it opened so much on both sides, so that a human/person can easily walk into it if it wants to. Ireria opened her eyes and looked at the children. And finally her hand pointed toward the entrance to the ancient temple, it was also an infinitely elegant move as only the nobles can do.

”If you want, feel free to go to the temple first” she offered.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

As the door opened she entered the temple. It was dark, very dark. She turned on her night vision and looked around the room. It was quite empty, only a door to the left and one to the right. The walls were engraved masterfully with depictions of events that have happened in this temple. She ran her hand along the wall, feeling the sweet sweat of those who had been enslaved to make the engravings, as if she were there when they were made. She stood alone in the centre of the room, looking and analysing the room.

She then looked over towards her partner, who she forgot existed for a second there.

“Aren’t you coming too?”

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

Fortunately for Xanesh ... in this case, Ireria didn't need lighting or things like that in the darkness, for she possessed the body of a shape-shifter. She walked after the child, and as soon as she got into the dark, she changed her eyes. To ones with which she can see very well in the dark, even in the full dark. Maybe the light will hurt her eye, but at this moment it did not seem too important.

She also admired the patterns on the wall, Ireria nodded contentedly a little, she had never seen such a well-preserved Rakata temple before, she hoped that the rest of the temple would remain as they were here at the entrance. Not much has been here so far, only the two doors, right and left. In her opinion, this was very unusual. The whole temple.

She is not used to this, the former Rakatan temples or buildings were much-much different than this. She missed the Predor's statue, which always stands opposite of the entrance. The Predors were the rulers/warlords of the planets, or clans, or their fleet, they always built a statue for themselves. But here? This was missing, she didn’t know why, at least yet, because she wants to figure this out.

She reached out to the Force, but she felt nothing, she frowned under her dress after that she shakes her head. If she only looked at the doors with eyes, there was no difference between them, but she did not see such a thing through the Force either. Strange, very strange and unusual

”Something is wrong here” she said.”The structure of the temple is also different than it should be… and I don't feel anything. What is your opinion child?”

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

The others response only confirmed what she thought. Alaria looked around the room until she suddenly got a warning.

“WARNING! HAZARDOUS GROUND DETECTED!”

The ground shook and Alaria ran, she quickly looked behind her, only to notice she had accidentally stepped on a pressure plate, and out of the floor came to very special robots, they had been seen before by Alaria, these being designed by the Rakata themselves. She quickly ran to the side of the blue figure as she pulled out her lightsaber.

“I don’t suppose your years of experience could help us right now?”

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

She didn't really like that when she was right. Within moments, it turned out that it really was. The child stepped on something and the defense system was activated. Their misfortune, or just their luck – if the research results were viewed – Rakata droids appeared, in perfect condition. Such good droids were already a great find in the days of Ireria, not that now, nearly 5,000 years later! Unfortunate that they had to be destroyed unless...

”Can you control and reprogram droids with the Force?” she asked.

She was familiar with the tricks of Electronic Manipulation, only with help could they do it more easily. She would have really regretted destroying the droids, especially before she could examine them. She wondered how they could be in such good condition even after so much time. The droids unfortunately did not wait for the two women to talk calmly, because they started shooting at them. Ireria didn't take out her lightsaber, just held out her hand, then used the Force to swallow the beams at her.

”Can you control and reprogram droids with the Force?” she asked.

If not, she hoped a child would seize the droids so she could turn them off, although she didn't really expect much help, for the other also said outside that she would not help. That is why she retreated behind the wall, so that the droids would not see her, while she reached out to the Force and set out to turn off the droids one by one. Preferably before the child destroys and destroys them.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Alaria quickly disengaged as the droids started shooting, and as the old woman asked her if she could use the force to control the droids she quickly scanned the room, nothing of use inside.

“I am of the biological side of the force, though if I can get up close to these droids there should be a control panel I could access, or we blow them up, your choice.”

She sounded completely calm and collected, and as cold as usual. She quickly readied herself and waited for the others reply.

ZmUI5db.png

6C7CKgx.png
bvU6aHX.png

It appeared that the child would not benefit from Ireria in this situation, and she must prosper alone in the matter. One way or another, but she definitely has to thrive fast because she doesn't know how long the child could hold them up. Of course all this so that the droids are not damaged, for at the present moment this was also important to the woman.

Hiding around the corner, she reached out to the Force, with the help of the Force she tried to find the droids, it wasn’t all that hard. During the concentration Ireria heard that the droids also opened fire, but she did not have time to deal with this at this moment. She had done this for the last time long enough, but she had not forgotten how to do this. She felt it through the Force in the droids, she smiled.

It took roughly another ten to fifteen seconds for her to "grab" all the droids through the Force. As soon as she succeeded, she used the Force ability on all of the droids at once. The droids - already left when the child confronted them - turned off at once, they were still operational – if someone turned them on – just no longer a threat, at this time. As soon as she heard the sound of the droids were off, she sighed softly and finally looked out from around the corner.

"Unless someone turns them back on manually, they will remain in this state. We can go forward” she said.

Vm9OGHS.png

Y0Yp1u5.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom