Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twin Exiles

[member="Kaida Taldir"]
“Think I rather that she has those she has and has not fought as yet. It seems as though Ylaea is in the second category…for now.”
“You’ve not seen how Icy Pop gets after she’s been denied…” Ylaea stopped. She could quite literally feel herself freezing from the glare she was getting.
“Are you coming with us, Ylaea?” Tryana asked, looking nervously between them.
“Sadly not, I’ve got to stay here and greet the next group of waifs and strays. I get several groups a week. Had a very interesting group last week with a Kar’zun, an Eldorai seer and the droid they loved. You’ll probably run into them at some stage.”
“Then we shall see you soon, I trust!” Eyrecae said, giving the Eldorai a hug which almost broke a few bones.
“Ow..mind the squishing, muscle girl,” Ylaea muttered, wincing.
And so they would be on their way to their ship and the next stage of their journey.

[member="Eyrecae Alzari"]

Soon they reached their ship. It was another unobtrusive freighter. Kaida naturally settled into the pilot's chair after boarding. However, Tryana unexpectedly joined her.

"I would like to know how to...control this metal beast," she blurted out.

"What?" Kaida had been busy checking the systems and making sure there was enough fuel in the tank, so she was a bit distracted.

"I left Yarkul to learn. I would like to learn of piloting," she declared eagerly. Perhaps interpreting Kaida's response as disapproval, she pressed on. "I may not have grown up with the...technology outsiders take for granted, but I am no savage. I learn very fast and I will be of more use to this group..."

"Stop rambling," Kaida cut her off. "I'll show you. But you will follow my orders to the letter. And not fly the ship on your own until I am satisfied you won't crash it."

[member="Kaida Taldir"]
Boarding the ship Eyrecae heard the exchange and headed to the cockpit, dropping into the navigator’s chair.
“To learn from you would be a fond desire of mine as well, Kaida. You are skilled and whilst I too was once also skilled, much has changed.”
To destiny they would not go, heading to an uncertain future in the Shadows. However, despite all of that this little group had proven itself and would head into their next steps with more confidence.

[member="Eyrecae Alzari"]

Kaida could not help suspect that she'd regret hooking up with a group of fractious rebels whose views were dangerously close to anarchism and democracy, a naive, overly talkative wood elf and an annoyingly verbose primeval Eldorai. Ah, well. A good soldier made the best use of the tools she had been given. It was better than sitting in a garrison on Tygara and moping. Now she had a chance to do better.

"Alright." The computer finished calculating the hyperspace coordinates. Kaida turned several switches and pushed the throttle forward. The freighter turned into a point of light as it leapt into hyperspace, leaving Dac and, by extension, Kaida's old life as an Angelii behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom