Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twi'leks! Twi'leks everywhere! (Abandonded)

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
So... this girl wanted Curupira to teach her stuff. That message, when she had receieved a while back, made the redhead think long and hard on whether she wanted to do it, if she was even ready for that. Ruu didn't really train people. She'd somewhat started telling her daughter things but she had gotten somewhat of a feeling Chloe knew some of them already. Maybe even things she had told her... which was really weird seeing as she hadn't done it yet. The time thing was just too weird for her for her to even comprehend.

Yet, here she was, facing back and forth in the foyer of the Viceroy's residence in the lower levels of Kala'uun, waiting. The Guard Post at the Spaceport down under had been informed of the arrival and despite the residental area mostly being off limits to outsiders, the [member="Idiian Sayali"] would have clearence use to the turbolift to their floor.

Then suddenly, she stopped pacing when it dawned on her... Curupira Hawk was actually nerveous. That didn't happen often. It really didn't. Not that she wasn't capable of it, just that she usually approached life as all fun and games, except when it wasn't. And when it wasn't, she was usually pissed off. Which was also extremely rare, just in the last year, she could probably list those times on one hand.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Last time Idiian had gone to train under a Force User, her training didn't get very far; Heck, beyond just watching some lightsaber practice and reading bits on how to build a lightsaber from a datapad, she hadn't learned anything. She didn't even make it back to her ship after her first "lesson" before things fell apart and she decided to leave... Probably a good thing, since if she had, she probably would have wasted a good amount of fuel flying her previous master home before kicking him out, preferably right above his house. She didn't necessarily wish the man ill, but she doubted she would ever return to him for training when she could learn the same material from datapads and the HoloNet, and likely with better instruction.

That was part of the reason that Idiian was feeling a bit nervous as she stepped aboard the Turbolift leading from the spaceport to the residential levels of Kala'uun where her new teacher resided. She was being taught in the ways of the Force by the wife of the Viceroy of Ryloth, of all people! Even without the relation to the Viceroy, Idiian heard about [member="Curupira Hawk"]'s reputation within the Templars as a Sith Knight; Not exactly something you hear about every day. Idiian hoped that she would be able to learn quite a bit from Mrs. Hawk. At the very least, she wanted to learn more than she had learned from her previous master, Hayato.

When the turbolift doors opened, Idiian tried to shake out her nervousness before stepping off the turbolift. It wasn't far now to the Viceroy's residence, where her new master would be waiting. As Idiian started off towards the Viceroy's residence, she wondered just what the Sith Templar had to teach her? She'd probably start with the basics, since she never even got around to building her lightsaber with her previous master, but Idiian was already thinking about the future- what kind of lessons she would learn down the road and such. Like, all the different force abilities she might learn, or maybe unique variations of the main saber forms? Idiian's imagination started up thinking of all the possibilities, practically giggling at her own ideas of what kind of training awaited her by the time she reached the Viceroy's residence.

Upon arrival, Idiian stopped in front of the front gate of the Viceroy's residence, looking about the front of the building for a moment before ringing the door chime. With any luck, Mrs. Hawk would be home to answer the door, or at least respond over the intercom.

The redhead was still pondering the little issue she had realized moments ago when she heard the chime, making her turn around. Her new student must have arrived.

Inhaling deep, Curupira used the Force the open the doors, revealing the figure there. For a brief seconds, she didn't speak or move. Then, she put her hands in her pockets and smiled. "Hi. I'm Curupira. You can call me Cura or Ruu." That was the piece of information she wanted to give. Then she turned on her heel and walked further into the house, glancing back at [member="Idiian Sayali"] only to nod into the direction she was headed, inviting her to follow her into the living room which seemed like a far more fitting to have a conversation than the foyer.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
When the doors opened up, Idiian blinked in surprise, though she otherwise didn't move at first either. She admittedly didn't expect the famed Templar to wear such a... purple outfit. For some reason, Idiian had an image of an armor-clad Templar in her head when she had been imagining what her new master would look like. Granted, in retrospect, it was kind of silly for Idiian to expect something like that at all, especially since their first meeting was at her new master's place of residence and not a battlefield.

When [member="Curupira Hawk"] addressed her though, Idiian quickly responded with a bow and an introduction of her own. "Right, I'm Idiian. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Curu!" Without realizing it, Idiian had accidentally fused the two nicknames that Curupira had provided. She at first considered making an apology for it, though she immediately decided not to. If Mrs. Hawk didn't like the nickname, Idiian figured she would say as much.

The redhead shook her head. "The bowing thing. I'm not a fan. You can lose it." What was it with all the bowing? First Ket's apprentice, now [member="Idiian Sayali"]. To Curupira, it seemed like some sort of childhood brainwash. Bowing made her feel like she was some kind of royalty and she really wasn't anything of the sort.

It did make her chuckle though when the girl responded to her, calling her Mrs. Curu. The mrs. thing was just weird. The nickname though, it was very rare. It wasn't really a nickname, some people just used it. "That's not my normal nickname, but I've heard it before. You can keep that if you lose the mrs. thing. Even in marriage, Witches don't become that." She explained. Sure, Cura was married and she never regretted it for a second, especially since everything about her relationship with Ket moved at light speed... their meet; their get to know each other surrounded by dead people 'cos they wanted some privacy; their ceremony, even having a daughter she hadn't given birth to. But Curupira was fine with that. The redhead didn't really do things by what others remarked normal or accepted behavior.

Reaching the living room, she took her seat on the couch and let her feet up, resting them to the side of her body as she patted the other end of the couch. "Come, sit. Lets talk first." Yes, the girl had come to be trained; yes, Ruu knew some Sith were just cruel on their first day with a new apprentice. But Curupira D'Arr Hawk was not your typical Sith, nor was your typical Witch. What she wanted to do first was get to know the girl, hear what she had in mind, what she wanted to exactly learn. Maybe some things, the redhead couldn't teach her right now but that wouldn't stop her. Despite the initial nervousness, the redhead suddenly became aware of how much of herself she had turned back to. Something about the girl made her like her and that was exactly what this needed.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
"Ah, right, right..." Idiian rubbed the back of her head; She didn't usually do stuff like bow to people. Then again, she didn't usually talk to Viceroys or their families, either, so maybe it was just an instinctual reaction? At any rate, Idiian would remember not to do it in front of [member="Curupira Hawk"] again; Or refer to her as Mrs.", either. She was glad that the Curu nickname wasn't an issue, though.

When Idiian was invited in, she took a step inside, closed the door behind her, and made her way to the other end of the couch that Curu had gestured to. Without a second thought, the young woman sat down and turned a bit to face Curu. Idiian was already tapping on her own thighs in anticipation; While Curu seemed to have relaxed, Idiian was getting more and more tense, wondering what kind of training she would be doing under Curu. "So. Talking. What kind of things should we talk about first? I'm fine talking about whatever..." Idiian stopped to cover her mouth for a moment when she realized she was about to start rambling, pausing as she did so. A few seconds and one deep breath later, and Idiian lowered her hand again, now talking much more calmly. "I mean... Where would be a good place to start?"

The redhead registered the drumming of girl's fingers. Then [member="Idiian Sayali"] started talking, then covered her mouth to stop herself. Clearly, that was to prevent a rant. Curupira remembered when she had rants. Now that she thought about it, she could be an annoying child at times. So curious, always tons of questions to which she didn't always wait to hear answers to. These days, she didn't talk as much, kept it more in her thoughts rather than sharing.

Now though, she could understand the girl. Nervous caused more rant, less control. She got that. Instead of saying anything, the Dathomiri offered a tiny smile and waited while Idiian talked again, asking her question.

Where would be a good place to start? "Well..." she started, looked around the room for a bit before returning her golden gaze to the girl. "...you can tell me what you'd like to learn. I think we could star there," Curupira finished and nodded. Yep, that would work.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Idiian smiled, somewhat nervously, when [member="Curupira Hawk"] asked her what Idiian wanted to learn. Without so much as a second thought, Idiian responded as honestly as she could- or anyone, for that matter: "I would like to learn anything and everything you have to offer." Even after it came out, Idiian didn't really regret saying it, though a second later she figured it would be best to clarify nonetheless. "You know, like lightsaber forms, how to use the Force, all that stuff. If you're willing to teach it, of course." She still needed to actually build a lightsaber of her own as well, though thanks to the datapads she borrowed from her previous master, she already knew how to put one together, though she lacked the materials to do so.

...Oh. Right. Idiian borrowed those datapads on how to build a lightsaber. She should return those eventually.

Anything and everything? Curupira arched a brow curiously and let her smile spread a little weird before [member="Idiian Sayali"] elaborated. She wanted to learn lightsaber forms, how to use the Force. Whatever she was willing to teach. She nodded and thought about it for a second. "I can teach your Force Powers, yes. Witch Spells too if you're willing," the redhead first pointed out.

There was of course the other issue that she should have addressed right away. "About the ligthsaber forms... we're gonna have to find you someone else to fill in for that. Me and ligthsabers never really met properly. I'm nifty with swords but I've never really had one of those so I never got taught the forms." It was the truth of it. Hardly fair if she kept it from Idiian now that she was here. Curupira could probably find her someone to train her. Ket had two of them, he could weird them. Isley probably knew forms too. And there was that one guy at the group training who instructed a bunch of people on it. If only Curupira could actually remember his name...

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Idiian's face lighted up like an illumination bank when [member="Curupira Hawk"] agreed to teach her how to use Force Powers, grinning widely as she let out a muffled squeal of joy. She was glad that she would finally get to learn something, let alone Force Powers from someone as well known as Mrs.- Er, as well known a Curu. When Curu made the offer to teach her Witch Spells, too, Idiian immediately seized upon the opportunity, practically bouncing out of her seat as she turned her whole body to face Curu as she responded, bringing her legs up onto the couch as she did so, letting her feet dangle off the front.

"I'm willing, I'm willing!" The girl shouted, before realizing how hyper she had gotten. She looked down for a moment, realizing she was somewhere between sitting and kneeling on the couch now, and took a deep breath to calm herself down as she sat back down normally. "I mean..." Idiian started again, once she had calmed down some, "I would love to learn Witch Spells from you, as well."

Idiian was glad that Curu had told her about her own lack of experience with a lightsaber. She didn't mind learning from multiple teachers, after all, so having to learn her lightsaber skills from someone else was fine in her book. Though, she did wonder how well sword and vibroblade techniques could translate to use with lightsabers... At any rate, Idiian nodded in acknowledgement of the situation with learning how to use a lightsaber.

Nonetheless, Idiian was eager to start learning what she could right away- If possible, she actually kind of wanted to start learning tonight. So without a second thought to the matter, Idiian asked her new master, "So, when can we begin?"

Clearly, the girl liked what she was suggesting. Curupira chuckled, watching her bouncing out of her seat and facing her. She was willing. The redhead just kept laughing and nodding her head at the sight of it, at the shout. And then laughed a little harder when [member="Idiian Sayali"] gathered herself and answered, accepting the Witch spells as well.

"I'm glad you like this idea," she finally commented, cooling off her laughter slowly. She was going to like this girl a lot, the Dathomiri realized then. "We'll start with the Force Powers though. Learning spells is a whole other complicated thing. You have to pass a trial so we can test if you have it in you in. If you do, I'm gonna have to teach you a thing or two about the spells in general before we get to it." Despite the fact that it mostly seemed like Curupira didn't pay much attention to the ways of her people, which in certain things was very true, she still watched out for the important things as the elder of her clan had reminded her. Such as the Trial by Fire was always necessary to see if someone was even able to cast spells. And only after it was it safe for a person to begin their training because spells themselves were more dangerous than Force powers. You never knew what the outcome of your spell could be if you didn't do things right. There was of course the foreign language aspect. She wouldn't have to teach the girl Paecean which she didn't remember herself. But she would have to teach her the meaning of the words she would say so she could do them properly.

But where did they begin? "You tell me first if you know any Force Powers. Then we can bounce of there if you do. If you don't, we start with the basics of basics," Curupira told her.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Force Powers before Spells. Fair enough, Idiian thought; After all, with how abundant force powers were compared to spells, Idiian figured they were probably more advanced anyways. And with a trial involved, Idiian wanted to have at least some grasp on what she could do with the force before she made any attempts.

Speaking of which, when [member="Curupira Hawk"] asked her whether she already knew any force powers, the young woman glanced off to the side for a moment before answering. She hadn't even got around to building her lightsaber with her previous master, and that was the first thing on the itinerary, and before that she didn't really know that she was even force sensitive. "Uh..." Idiian started, scratching the back of her head out of nervousness, "I actually... Haven't learned any Force Powers yet. Guess we're starting with the basics of basics, huh?"

There was a pause, her golden gaze noting the glance to the side before she finally learned that [member="Idiian Sayali"] still hadn't learned a single Force Power which made her narrow her eyes. Nothing? That was pretty curious. Most people picked it up early.

While this was something the red head wanted to pursue more, now seemed the wrong time. Instead, she nodded in agreement to the girl's question. Basics of basics would have to do.

And she just right to it: "First basic of basic is Force Sense. You have to clear your mind completely and find the Force. While it seems like the second task is harder, really, it's the first one. Most people can never clear their mind completely to be able to feel it but once you do, you'll see how easily it'll come to you." It was an odd way of explaining but it was, in her own words, pretty true. Finding the Force the easiest task of all if you were able to push away anything and everything on your mind. In fact, most learned that once their mind was ready to take it in, the Force tended to just sit and wait for for them to realize as much and accept her into their life. "If you can feel the Force, you can concentrate your mind on me. But only your mind, no other sense. It will lead you to me." Then she fell silent, waiting to see how well Idiian would handle this task. If she'd need more in order to perform the task. There was no shame in asking, in the woman's mind, which of course she exercised often.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
While she hadn't expected [member="Curupira Hawk"] to jump right into teaching, Idiian listened attentively as Curu explained Force Sense and how to use it. Clear her mind completely and find the Force, huh? Should be easy enough- After all, the Force was everywhere, wasn't it? It shouldn't be that hard to find.

But first, Idiian needed to clear her mind. After nodding in acknowledgement of what to do, including Curu's suggestion to concentrate her mind on her once she felt the force, Idiian closed her eyes and began to try to clear her mind. It didn't take long for Idiian to see what Curu meant about clearing one's mind being the most difficult part, as she found that every time she cleared a thought from her mind, two more seemed to replace them. Rather than clearing her mind, Idiian only wound up filling it- with random throughts and ideas, many of which weren't even useful under even the most bizarre circumstances.

Still, Idiian didn't stop trying, even if she was fighting a losing battle with her own mind. Soon enough, she started trying to think of ways to clear her mind more effectively, only realizing how counterproductive it was a few minutes in. Of course thinking such things wouldn't help, how could she clear her mind when she was trying so hard to figure out how to clear her mind better? Then it struck her- Of course she couldn't clear her mind this way. By trying so hard to clear her mind, Idiian was actually doing the opposite, clouding it with thoughts of how to clear her mind, or similar thoughts that she couldn't let go of because she was thinking too hard about the act of clearing her mind. So Idiian tried instead to simply relax. Rather than trying to force them out, she simply let her thoughts float away, to fall from her mind on their own. It took some time- nearly an hour, though Idiian wouldn't be able to realize that as she was now- but eventually, Idiian was able to clear her mind completely.

Just like Curu said, once Idiian had cleared her mind, she was surprised to find that the Force had been right there, just beyond her thoughts. As she instinctively reached out to it in her mind, a sudden rush overcame her. It was like she could feel everything at once, and at the same time feel nothing. The feeling sent a chill down the young woman's spine- this sensation wasn't something that Idiian could ever feel on her own. She kept reaching, having forgotten Curu's suggestion to concentrate her mind on her during her attempts to clear her mind, and soon, the other senses followed: Sights, sounds, tastes, smells... So many of all of them, all at once with what she was already feeling. She realized she overstepped, but Idiian couldn't seem to stop the flow of the senses through the force. So much all at once- it was overwhelming the young half-Echani. She felt like she was being swept away, like she was caught in a massive tidal wave of senses. At this rate, she would-

~~~​

Four hours after Idiian had started her attempt at Force Sense, the young woman suddenly jerked upright from sensory overload, shortly before collapsing on the couch, unconscious. The damage from the experience was minor, but the girl would certainly need to learn control before she seriously hurt herself trying to reach out to the Force.

Clearing your mind was an incredibly difficult for some people. It was a nightmare for Curupira once too. Her connection to the Force was different than most, it responded to her differently than most would have her believe when she was younger. She kept her eyes on [member="Idiian Sayali"] for a bit and realized she had already began which made her lean back against the couch, waiting. Her mind was open to an Apperentice to feel her but she did nothing help the girl. She had to do this on her own.

Eventually, the Force alerted her to the presence of another in it. Idiian had managed part of her task. She had expected to now reach for her and to feel her but that never came.

The redhead waited and waited, from time to time glancing at the girl as she waited, wondering why she didn't feel anything on herself. For someone impatient as Curupira this was extremely difficult to wait. And yet, she did, her own mind busying herself with facts and details that had little to do with this. She even thought of Chloe and how she would soon find her, continue her daughter's training. Ideas on how she could do it filled her mind that she practically lost track of time herself, interrupted only when she heard a faint sound to the side, making her turn her head to see Idiian has passed out.

"Idiian?" Ruu quickly asked and jumped to her feet, coming over from the other side to the girl, her fingers gently touching the girl's cheek. "Idiian?" She called out again. This was definitely a new experience for the redhead, having never seen this last for so long or seeing someone pass out. There was a moment of panic in her mind but then, Curupira lowered her upper body on the back rest of the couch and leaned her hand over it, watching the girl. She had to wait this point, she figured. No point in trying to force her awake.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter

Some time later, with a low moan and a half of a grunt, Idiian finally opened her eyes once more. It felt like an eternity that she was unconcious; She knew that was obviously not the case, as when she awoke, she had found herself still lying on the couch she had passed out on. Still, how long was she out for? The puddle of drool under her head seemed to suggest hours... Huh. Drool. That wasn't something Idiian usually did in her sleep.

As Idiian went to push herself up so she would be sitting, she realized that her arms were completely numb, even if the feeling was returning to them. Add in the buzzing sound in her ears and her blurred vision, and Idiian had a rather decent feeling that she screwed up somehow. Now that she thought about it, she could faintly taste what seemed like key lime pie, and... Was that bacon she smelled?

Once upright again, Idiian started massaging her temples as her senses slowly started returning to normal. She had what felt like the nastiest migraine imaginable at the moment, with a pretty good idea as to the cause, but didn't make as much as a peep about it; Rather, she simply closed her eyes and continued massaging away. She didn't remember seeing [member="Curupira Hawk"] when she got up, but Idiian was turned on her side, and she doubted she fell in that position on her own. Last thing she remembered was reaching out to the Force, and... Well, it was like she was just swallowed up whole, thrown about for a while, then spat back out. It was odd, how as much as the whole thing was making her feel now, for some reason, she actually quite liked how the Force felt, so full of life...

Nevertheless, as Idiian's headache began to subside, she began looking around for Curu. Even if her master wasn't in the room, there might be something laying about that could give the young woman an idea of where she went.

The redhead had made sure [member="Idiian Sayali"] was just passed out and nothing else after which she wandered out of the room, leaving the girl alone. She was fine, she'd wake up eventually. After the wait for her to even clear her mind and feel through the Force for so long, she really couldn't just sit there and wait.

Instead, she went and did other things. Things a Vicereine probably didn't do but the house was empty as it was, nobody was going to do it. She'd washed some mirrors by her own two hands and used the Force to mop up the hallway. Then she read the book on her datapad to its end. After each task she went back and checked up on Idiian, looking to see if she had woken up. When she didn't, she went and found herself something else to do.

Eventually she got hungry and wandered into the kitchen. It was a big kitchen and spotless, primarily due to lack of use. Not to say that Curupira couldn't cook... she just didn't cook anything other than the basic stuff. She checked the fridge and got out a few items, heated the pan and put in some toast into the toaster. Once the pan was heated, eggs and bacon went into it. That was where she was, leaned against the counter, making sure the food didn't burn. She'd made enough for two or maybe even three... she was kind of bad at measuring food that way.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
As Idiian's senses slowly returned, she stumbled to her feet, her head still ringing. While most of her other senses seemed to be returning entirely to normal, her sense of smell seemed to linger a bit longer on the scent of bacon... No, wait, when she woke up, the smell was more burnt, laying out and already finished cooking. This scent was of fresh bacon being cooked at this very moment... Not just bacon, either, but eggs, too. And boy, did it smell good.

Stumbling to-and-fro, Idiian started navigating her way from the house to the kitchen, the scent of cooking bacon and eggs guiding her way. All the young woman could think about, oddly enough, was getting a taste of the cooking food before it vanished; Finding where [member="Curupira Hawk"] went was secondary in her mind now, and since Idiian imagined that Curu was probably the cook herself, she considered finding both the kitchen and Curu to be one in the same, task-wise. It didn't take long for the scent to lead Idiian right through the kitchen doorway, where Curu was indeed cooking some bacon, eggs, and- from the ringing sound not too far away from where Curu was standing- toast. Idiian's mouth was watering over the scent of the bacon and eggs, especially this close to the source, simply from how delicious the cooking food smelled. It didn't take long before the young woman took another step closer, and another, hoping to catch a glimpse of Curu's cooking to see if it looked as good as it smelled; Probably, since as far as Idiian knew, it wasn't possible to completely ruin bacon and eggs were easy enough to cook. Not to say it couldn't come out looking ugly anyways, but from the scent alone, Idiian imagined it would be pretty kriffing good anyways.

After a few more steps forward, Idiian finally spoke up; It seemed that the scent of the food was getting to her now. "Say..." Idiian started, still trying to peer over Curu's shoulder to see what she was cooking, still in vain, "Can I have some of that? Or were you planning on eating it all yourself?"

Luckily for her, the smell of bacon kept constantly reminding her it was on the pan. So she flipped them a few more times until she caught the female in the corner of her eye at the doorway. Waving cooking tool, Curupira gave the food one flip before getting two plates and getting it all in on one of them. Stove turned off, she also went and got the toast which turned out to be hot which just made her go "Ow! Ow! Ow!" before getting them to the other plate.

She was already carrying both plates to the table when [member="Idiian Sayali"] asked if she could join her. Putting both plates down, she grinned. "Sit." And moved back to the kitchen to get a couple of forks and knives before getting back to the table and taking her own seat, leaving the extra set for Idiian. Already, she picked up a piece of the bacon with her hands and eating it.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Once offered a seat, a smile lit up Idiian's face as she took the seat presented her. Now that she thought about it, it had been a while since Idiian last ate, herself; No wonder she was so eager to steal a taste of [member="Curupira Hawk"]'s cooking. Thankfully, stealing food wasn't necessary as Idiian, much like Curu herself, grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate offered her and took a bite off the end. The salty, delicious taste of the bacon nearly made Idiian swoon in her seat from how good it tasted. Whether that was entirely because of how good Curu's cooking was or how hungry she had been, Idiian wasn't sure, but it was safe to say that, hunger or not, Curu's cooking was pretty good.

It wasn't long before Idiian began scarfing down the rest of the meal as well- Taking just enough time to taste the food going into her mouth before swallowing it. When it was all gone moments later, the young woman kind of regretted not taking the time to really enjoy the meal, though she quickly wrote it off with the thought that, perhaps one day, she would have another meal prepared by Curu.

Once the plate had been picked clean, Idiian slid the plate forward and- after letting out a slight burp- stood up and gave Curu her thanks: "The meal was delicious!" Idiian exclaimed, covering her mouth with her left hand for a second as she felt a second burp coming that wound up never passing before lowering her hand again, "Thanks, really! I'll have to cook something for you some time, given the chance..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom