Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tutoring a Witch

Within her quarters at the Sorzus Academy on Ziost, Taeli patiently waited for her latest student to arrive. It was not everyday that someone with the surname Zambrano sought out the Lady of Secrets for instruction, but she had received a message from Elani Zambrano Elani Zambrano requesting training within the more mystical arts of the Sith. Alchemy and sorcery were her favorite subjects, obviously they had to be for one granted the title of Triumvir of Power.

Under her, the alchemists and sorcerers of the Sith Empire had been unleashed to pursue their wildest dreams. No experiment was off limits under Taeli, well except for those that were restricted by order of the Emperor and the Shadow Hand, but then Taeli would never send the Sith under her purview to Asation or Khar Delba.

For the coming lesson, and likely lessons, Taeli had made sure to prepared all of the necessary things within the chambers here. She was curious at what Elani might already know and what she really wanted to learn and experiment with. It would be an interesting lesson for them both.

Elani walked down the ramp of her personal transport, the Emberwing, and on to the landing pad just outside the academy. Ziost. Another world that had not been seen by the Zambrano witch. One she had never thought she would have to come to until just recently. Knowledge had to be obtained in order for Elani to further herself along the path to complete her goals. Knowledge that the Triumvir of Power, Taeli Raaf, had quite the abundance of.

As Elani stepped into the main hall of the Sorzus Academy, she looked around, eyeing the many young Sith walking about. So many young minds, waiting to be twisted towards the Imperials purpose. It was beautiful.

For now, she moved about the academy in search of her teacher.

Elani Zambrano Elani Zambrano

"My Lady, a ship has arrived at the academy," a voice announced over her intercom. Taeli looked up from the tissue samples she had been observing, grading in a way. She had posed a challenge to some of the senior acolytes at the Sorzus Academy to find ways to improve upon the Festerer strain of Sithspawn. There were certainly some promising signs, although two of the students were not meeting her expectations. A pity.

"Have our new arrival brought up to my quarters," she replied, jotting down a note in a journal.

The lab with all its equipment was all prepared, the shelves around the chamber sagging with the weight of the many tomes she had collected on the Sith and their sorceries. There were many that sought access to the Lady of Secrets' personal collection, but only a select few would have the chance to actually study them. A Zambrano, while jumping to the front of the line, would need to earn the chance all the same.

As Elani stopped in an apparent crossroad in the school when an unknown person walked up to her, greeting Elani with a bow. "My lady. It is an honor to have you here. If you follow me, I shall lead you to Lady Raaf's quarters. She awaits you there." The person then began to walk and Elani followed behind her. During the walk, Elani removed the hood from her head, revealing her long blackened hair, and removed the veil from her face.

The two eventually came upon a door. The person Elani followed then knocked upon the door a couple times before opening it. She then gestured for Elani to enter which she then did. The door quickly closed behind the Zambrano witch as her gaze was fixated on all that was before her. It was a lot to take in. Taeli Raaf was far more experienced in the art of Sith alchemy and it showed immensely here. Once Elani's lavender eyes spotted the Triumvir of Power, she decided to speak first.

"Lady Raaf. It is an honor."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

The knock let Taeli know it was time, for now, to stop studying the students' Festerer samples. With a small sigh, she closed her journal and turned to face the door as it opened and the Zambrano witch entered. She watched her eyes dart around, taking in the library/laboratory that was the Lady of Secrets' quarters when she was at the Sorzus Academy. It could be overwhelming, she supposed, envy-spawning for others when they saw the size of her collection... well one of her collections.

She wasn't the Lady of Secrets for nothing after all.

Nodding her head slightly in acknowledgement of Elani's greeting, she replied, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I must say it's refreshing to have someone seek out lessons, shows the proper motivation."

Elani gave a small smile. It was true that she was motivated. Power is what drove her and she was willing to go to any length to achieve it. Luckily, she did not have to go through too much to get to where she was now: before the Lady of Secrets and about to enrich her knowledge in the arts of alchemy.

"Yes. I know of your skill in alchemy and I have recently found an interest in it. You were the most obvious choice in my search of knowledge."

Elani stepped closer, stopping several feet before Taeli. "I thank you for taking the time to teach me. It is not often I seek out others for help. I find it much more rewardingfor oen to discover knowledge on their own, but this is one of my few exceptions."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

"I agree, the pursuit of knowledge should be undertaken on one's own, for it is only in that way that a Sith can grow beyond their masters," Taeli replied, stepping out from behind her desk. "However, there is no shame in coming to a Master for instruction. One needs to know the best starting points before continuing on the path themselves."

Taeli's own Master had been the spark for interest in alchemy and sorcery, although she had very quickly moved beyond the projects the Zeltron Praelior had been interested in pursuing. Recreating the old tired species of Sithspawn for the One Sith's use? The Forsworn that had never moved beyond developmental phase? The Nightmare Child or whatever the modified exogorth at Widek was called that was trapped on a backwater world? The Croa... that needed no explanation.

"I suppose before we dive into the mysteries of alchemy, it would be prudent of me to ask what aspect interests you most? Sithspawn creation perhaps, or maybe you have more of an artificers predisposition to create amulets, swords, and other material artifacts of the dark side?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom