Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial Hunting

Elegant and depraved.
Hey all, I've been in search of a tutorial in which one learns how to edit lightsabers into gifs. The concept seems simple enough, but I can't get the swing/blur correct on the blades in between frames.

I've had a few blind tries at it but nothing worth presenting. I can't word it well enough for Google to give me a good link, so I've come to the community to for help :p Anyone have a link to such a tutorial? Or can explain it to me?

[member="Darth Helios"]

I've never done this before myself, but after a minute or two of nosing around I've ascertained that you might have better luck searching 'lightsaber animation tutorial', if you haven't already. It's worth noting that tutorials that made sense to me used Adobe AfterEffects. Hm. At any rate, give it a look - I didn't peruse beyond the first page of results.

Oh and... get a haircut and get a real job, ya hoser. :p

Elegant and depraved.
[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Hmm, I don't understand the relevancy and/or angle of the last statement so I won't comment any further there.

But the first element was quite helpful ^_^ Although that search and others related to it mostly warranted the "pulse" effect. There's a few things that are more related to what I'm looking for a few pages deeper but I think the wording may have to be slightly edited to narrow it down? It gets fuzzy at that point because words need to be added which usually spits out weaker results.

[member="Nickolas Imura"] may be able to help. He does a bunch of editing, I'm just not sure if he works on Gifs. I do know he can turn swords into badass lightsabers though.
[member="Darth Helios"]

J3C0

J
[member="Darth Helios"]

Have you tried using Tween?

I've had some success in images like that but it depends on how the lightsaber was drawn/rendered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom