Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning of the Page

Taeli sighed a bit as she sat on the ramp of her ship, the Coruscant hustle and bustle around her. It was time, she had moved everything to other sites or onto her ship. She had summoned her sister so she could say goodbye to her, as Melori knew she was going to be leaving on a journey to discover more about the Force.

Well . . . that was the truth, but she had omitted where exactly she was going to be starting that quest to discover more powers within the Force. Looking at the datapad next to her, the list of worlds read like something from the galaxy's most obscure worlds. Nam Chorios, Kro Var, Pydyr, Dorin, and so many others.

"Hurry up, Melori," she mumbled to herself. She had something she wanted to give her sister before she left, a gift and one last lesson.

[member="Melori Raaf"]

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
Ambria had been tiring but so beneficial. She’d gained access to some powerful memories, learned a new Ability, learned patience (which her Master probably saw as the most important element), developed her sparring and gained an awesome ship.

But the most important part of all? She’d spent time with her sister. Not her Master…her sister. On Ambria they’d been siblings first and foremost. And so it had been a special time.

When she returned, Melori kept herself busy until her Master was ready to see her again. And so she headed for her ship, aware this could be the start of the trip Taeli had mentioned back on Ambria. In truth she knew that was the case – but her heart still hoped it was for a different reason.

So she made her way quickly to the hangar and the sight of so much being loaded onto her sister’s ship made her heart sink. She’d lived without her for twenty years – but the prospect of not seeing her for a few months felt a lot worse.

She tried to smile but gave it up as a bad job. “I’m here Master,” she said. It was safer to assume this role, given how she felt right now.

[member="Taeli Rae"]

[member="Melori Raaf"]

"Hello, Melori," Taeli said, getting up and giving her sister a big hug. "So, the day has come I'm afraid. I'm going to be leaving on my trip around the galaxy in just a little bit, but I wanted to see you first before I headed off."

She could feel the sadness welling up, in both of them actually. She would miss Melori terribly, but she was hopeful for a few things in the future. Eventually, she felt between the two sisters, that she and Corvus might be able to redeem her into the light, but it would take a very long time possibly.

"So I had something I wanted to give you, and then some last pieces of advice before I'm out among the stars, so follow me," she said, getting and moving into her ship, hoping her sister followed her. Going to her personal collection of artifacts and things, she dug around for a moment before pulling out her old concentration amulet, the one from Korriban that had been mostly drained from the ritual to summon Marka Ragnos.

"I wanted you to have this as a sort of memento," she said, handing her sister the petrified blister trap of a Sith Leviathan. "There isn't much power left in it, but there's a little left if you ever need it in a pinch."

Darth Timoris

Melori didn't know what to say. Like going back to school when you were young at the end of a long holiday. You knew it would happen but you hoped that if you ignored it then it would go away.

She gave a half-smile at the news. "I'm pleased for you, genuinely," she said and returned the hug with interest. "It's not like you're not coming back. And I'll be busy learning stuff, so...you know..."

There were no tears but her voice was fragile. She took the amulet and caressed it as if it were the most precious artefact in the galaxy. "If I don't use it, and just keep it as it is, that's OK isn't it? Then you can teach me how to use it when you get back." It was Melori's way of saying she wanted her sister back already.

"I didn't bring anything - I guess I didn't want to believe..." She stopped and removed the talisman from around her neck. "It's the one thing that means the most to me, so I want you to have it, please." She put it in her sister's hand and closed her fingers around it.

Now she was at a loss for words...

[member="Taeli Rae"]

[member="Melori Raaf"]

"I'll keep this safe," Taeli said, gingerly taking the talisman and holding it to her chest. Looking up at her sister, she smiled a sad little smile as she thought about what changes were in store for them both.

"Melori . . . I can't actually promise that I will return to the Sith after this journey or not," she said, slowly choosing her words with care. "I'm going to be learning so many different viewpoints on the Force, experiencing so many different things one can't do as a Sith. I can't promise that I will be the same woman who left or even want to be. Experiences shape us, shape our path, and this will be a life-changer. The Force already tells me this."

Taking her sister's face in her hands, she continued speaking.

"But I can promise this, if you ever, and I do mean ever need me for something, I will be there with no hesitation," she whispered. "I love you, Melori, no matter what happens or changes, I will always love you. So, as a last lesson for now, I have some advice for you."

Taking a breath, and moving off to set the talisman carefully into a small case, she began.

"Never lose touch of what makes you human. That is a problem that has and probably always will plague the Sith or the dark side in general. There is a reason why those who give into the darkness become monsters, and I . . . I don't want to see you become like that. So, first piece of advice is always keep what makes you human close, use morals when judging a situation."

Turning back to look at her sister, she continued.

"My second piece of advice is never let your ego get in the way of something. Arrogance can be all well and good, but it will inevitably lead to mistakes, sometimes even serious or fatal mistakes. You cannot allow it to cloud your judgment or underestimate an opponent. Always be cautious, always be patient."

Another small smile.

"My third and last piece of advice is . . . try and live a little. Don't let yourself be so consumed by duty and responsibilities that you lose sight of what makes life fun. You take everything you do for the Sith very seriously, that's good. But, sometimes you need to relax a bit and enjoy the ride."

Darth Timoris

Melori gave that thin smile again when her sister promised to keep the talisman safe. She couldn’t keep up the pretence of a Master and Acolyte parting any longer. Her sister was going away for an unspecified duration. The last time that happened…well, it didn’t end well.

“I know you can’t promise, you said on Ambria. Maybe some Dark-sided cult somewhere is way cooler and allows you to be even more powerful, eh? And I know about experience. I’m not that idiot Padawan that used to sneak into the kitchens on Corellia any more. I’m different – and not through choice necessarily. But because this is me.”

She appreciated her sister’s touch. It was times like these she really missed her mother – but she recognised she was no longer a child and had to grow up. The advice she received was the sort their mother used to dish out and it was just as valid.

“I am not evil,” she started. “And I do not revel in death or pain or suffering. There is no value in that. I crave power and recognition and will be efficient in my pursuit but I do not want to be remembered as a monster but rather as a powerful Sith. Respected. Feared, yes, but not because I was cruel, but because I could be if I wanted even though I choose not to.”

“I love you too Taeli. You are the best sister a girl could ever have – and I mean that. Don’t talk about anyone else now, because it is not about her. It is about you. You’re wonderful and I’ll love you whatever happens.”

“And I’m learning patience more and more every day and arrogance? That’s what cost Maul his fight with Kenobi. I’ve read the reports from Sidious. I won’t make the same mistake.”

“And once there is a break in my training, I’ll make sure I live some. Sadly I’ve not met any boys that have taken my interest, they’re all girls or just odd, but I’m sure there’s time for that. And I know there’s more to life than that but I don’t drink, do drugs or even smoke death-sticks, so what other vice can a girl have?”

She forced another smile and then flung her arms around her sister’s neck. “Take care…”

[member="Taeli Rae"]

[member="Melori Raaf"]

Hugging her sister tightly, she felt some tears forming on her cheeks as she realized she was crying a little.

"Promise me you'll be safe and use your head," Taeli said, her voice catching a bit. "I'll send postcards and stuff from my travels, if they don't turn dangerous and I don't have the time to actually send the stuff. I seem to attract trouble sometimes."

A beeping started coming from her cockpit, and Taeli knew it was time. So many things were symbolized by that beeping, the ending of her time as a Sith and the beginning of her time as . . . something else.

"I'll call you when I reach my first destination on my trip," she said, hugging her sister again tightly. The next time they were going to meet face to face . . . well . . . it might not be the most pleasant meeting in the galaxy.

Darth Timoris

She promised herself she wouldn't cry and technically she didn't. Tears formed but she refused to allow them to fall. This was not good-bye...so why did it feel that way?

She sucked some air in and rubbed her eyes with the heel of her hand. "Listen, that must mean you've got to go." She attempted a half-smile and turned away. She was no good at these things and tried to fill her head with thoughts of training and running and any boys she could remember that were cute.

But she daren't risk turning back. 'Goodbye sis,' she thought - sure her sister would be able to receive the message. 'Don't do anything I wouldn't do.' And she walked out the hangar and went straight to change for the longest run she'd ever done.

[member="Taeli Rae"]

[member="Melori Raaf"]

'Until we meet again, sis, and I'll make sure to find you some souvenirs as I go,' Taeli thought back, sending as many comforting feelings and memories as she could to her sister. It would be hard on her, and she truly hoped that her sister would not fall too much further into darkness. It would all depend on who her sister would turn to to complete her training, and she truly hoped it wouldn't be someone full of depravity.

As her ship began to lift off, she realized this might be the last time she saw Coruscant for a very long time. It had been home for so long, but now nothing remained of her presence here. She had moved everything in her private study in the temple to her ship for now, and her company had relocated to the Outer Rim.

She just hoped Melori would not let her leaving turn into bitterness or a sense of abandonment, because it wasn't Taeli abandoning her. Hard to do when you give your sister a ship that had a transmitter on it so she could always know where she was. She would be there without a moments hesitation to help the youngest Raaf, just like she had done on Prakith when she discovered a young blonde woman in the wreckage of a ship.

Breaking the atmosphere, it was just a few more moments, and then Taeli hit the jump to hyperspace for her next destination.

Darth Timoris

tumblr_mqv2a1GqUA1snzbo3o1_500.gif
[member="Taeli Rae"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom