Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning a House, Into a Home [The Family]

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
F0iPYqN.png
Shawn1.gif
Undercity, Lower Nar Shaddaa
Fairy's Tail Pawn Shop
37:45

At the current moment, I was Shaun Castanic. Using my real name as just a normal member of the family. Not actually the Capo, and the go to hunter for the Donna. Shaun came with just a nice looking t-shirt and smuggler pants with a blaster on the right thigh, and a small cylinder on the left thigh. Attempting to start the first day of business, I grabbed one of the rags upon the counter. Started wiping it down to remove fingerprints from the glass. Speaking off, I made sure to look under the counter to grab synth-flesh gloves. They came with no finger prints for a very special reason.

If someone wanted to say, free themselves of incriminating items, then we were more than happy of taking it off their hands, cleaning it down, and then either tossing it, using it, or even selling it for a profit. See, this business was owned by the Family. In truth, it was owned by the "Auberon." A man who was only known for his white swirling face mask, and donned in heavy armor. What it also seemed to be, was that this evasive individual would be exempt from the opening day. Considering he was a rather busy man, I couldn't fault him.

I chuckled lightly in my throat as these thoughts mulled over in my head. Oh the idea of being hidden in plain sight was something new I had to get used to. Either way, I kept a smirk on my face as I finished the glass counters that held quite a few different kinds of weapons. All of them were legal. It was when someone felt like asking for the... black items, that I would have to give them a tour. However, at the moment, There were just a couple of other patrons of the Family here helping to finish the final cleaning before the start of the day, as well as a few Torchers who were mulling about outside the establishment. While they were far enough away that people could get in, its wasn't like they couldn't see what was going on inside.

Hearing a crashing sound to my left, It was one of the workers that had been hired about a week ago. New girl who wasn't quite the most apt with her hand-eye-coordination. Instantly I could hear another man cursing her life and how he would end it if she even looked at her wrong. Rolling my eyes, I walked over to the two. The Togruta girl hiding her face from the rather large Rodian. Stepping between the two, I placed a hand on the Rodian's shoulder.

"Garlel, You need to go to a different room. Just because she spilled something near you, does not mean you need to treat her like crap. You are both Associates. If anything, I should be yelling at her. Now go."

The black eyes of the Rodian looked me over and shook his head. Muttering something under his breath about how Auberon would not approve. Glad that he wanted the best for the Capo, but sad he went about it the wrong way. I turned to the girl.

"Sorry about that miss...."
"Nania"
"Miss Nania. Don't worry about him. Just clean up the mess and after your shift is over, meet me in the office okay?"
"I am sorry sir, I just... I feel so..."
"Relax. Its just a couple of rifles. Clean up and put them over on the racking, then take your spot at the front door to meet people okay?"
"Ye-yes Sir."
"And please, call me Shaun. Sir is not my name."

She nodded her head shyly as I moved on back towards the back room. Walking into the lounge to grab a bottle of water and open it before taking a drink.

The first day, of many.

Shawn1.gif

Crocell

C
A soft ring arose from the front of the store as the entry into the pawn shop opened; a soft breeze whipped through the store as the tunnel-like alleyways and byways of Nar Shaddaa funneled wind to be trapped and directed through the labyrinthine structures of the Smuggler's Moon.

A head of black hair bobbed in-step with the sound of boots striding over the floor. A moment later, Ivory Stroud turned a corner, rounding a display cabinet. Her black hair, curly and wild, struck out in all directions and violet eyes glimmered with humor. She was dressed in a purple coat, black leather top, and black pants; her customary red leather boots with toes capped in silver shimmered in the overhead lighting.

She approached one of the display cases at the front of the store with a grin, She leaned against it with both her elbows on the glass, displaying her own wares - an ample bosom, luscious curves, and a wide grin of perfect teeth. She chewed - a piece of gum in her mouth, making her breath smell like peppermint. She waited to be greeted.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Well, it seemed as though our first person walked through the door that was not an employee. The soft dinging of the bell while the door opened was accompanied by footfalls that I could clearly remember. I put on a smile to play nice and approached the woman dressed in darker clothing. My force abilities already at work surveying her for any form of technology upon her body. While I would overlook most of it, I was more so searching for any weapons she may have on her. Being a mindful person, I always wanted to keep the advantage on my side. Upon seeing the woman's face, I knew who she was.

"Hello Miss. You looking for anything in particular?"

A wave of my hand exposed various weapons on the racks behind the counter against the wall. As well as my other open hand indicating the glass that she was leaning on. Underneath her were a couple handguns, energy cells, or smaller weaponry that wouldn't hang that well on the wall. Oh Ivory. I wish I could just introduce myself as Auberon, the man she had been begrudgingly teamed up with on Courscant to see if she was worth her time and position within the Family. She had proved herself, and was given the title of Caporegime. While "Auberon" was of the same rank as her, I as Shaun Castanic, was just your lowly Soldier who had a shop set up for the black market here on Nar Shaddaa.

"I have quite a few wares if you so wish to look upon."

I looked from side to side and slowly leaned forward onto the counter. Closing the distance between us. Only a whisper to keep the conversation between the two of us.

"It seems our ties with the Family allow me to share my more prized market items with you if you so desire."

One, I indicated to her that we were of the same family. Secondly, I was not afraid of selling her some of the more expensive gear that I may have, but also with the idea that she could have her pick of the finest we had to offer. If we didn't have it, she could be assured that we would get it for her. Considering she was one of the highest positions in the Family, she deserved it.

Shawn1.gif
[member="Ivory Stroud"],

[member="Ivory Stroud"] [member="Shaun Castanic"]

A second tinkling of the bell, followed by somewhat-heavy footsteps, announced the presence of a second Family member, decked out in her usual attire. Ever so shockingly (not), her guns were in their usual places, with their accompanying ammo.

Dayne did a quick visual sweep of the pawn shop, tallying all the present individuals before nodding once to Shaun Castanic. She was not here to buy anything, nor was she interested in doing so. Ivory had requested her accompaniment and, well, who was she to turn down such an offer? It got her off the ship, at least.

This time, the woman had no music piece in her ear and thus had to occupy herself by scoping things out. The place was interesting, to be sure. Plenty of legal looking items, and no doubt illegal wares hidden away, waiting for the right code word or gesture. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Ivory and Shaun speaking quietly to each other. Dayne simply smirked, and kept looking.

She finally paused at one shelf, peering at a peculiar figurine. It depicted a fat, smiling man of roughly 5.56in height and 3.77in diameter, with his hands stretched upwards. They seemed to be holding up a jewel of 1.21in x 0.89in dimensions which, according to the tag, was a sun-stone. Frowning, Dayne picked up the figurine and began to examine it -- causing the apparently unsecured jewel to fall off its perch. Quick as lightning, the hitman scrambled for the stone, juggling it and the fat man in her hands for a few moments before finally hugging them both close to her chest.

Straightening up, she cleared her throat before setting the figure back on the shelf. The woman then put the sun-stone back...or at least, tried to. It took her more attempts than she was willing to admit before the damn thing would stay. She clicked her tongue disapprovingly, then moved on to look at other things without touching them.

Crocell

C
As Ivory & [member="Shaun Castanic"] were speaking, Ivory heard the alert at the front of the store signalling a new arrival - but she knew, quite well, who it was. The raven-haired vixen did not react to the new arrival, deigning to continue her conversation as her backup entered after her. It was a simple tactic; appearing to be a single traveler while one's backup remained a short distance behind. It allowed threats an opportunity to show themselves well before they became a problem.. and only under certain conditions would the two women come together to form a unified pair.

Ivory continued to watch Shaun, eyes intense, unquestioning - unconfused, one might say - for she knew whom she was speaking to.

She continued to chew her gum, looking over the assorted wears: weapons and accessories, and quite the selection indeed. "You've got some nice stuff..." She said as she browsed over the selection on the wall. Her hands were in her pockets as she lazily walked a few steps in either direction, looking over the proprietor's shoulder at the selection of long-guns and other items which wouldn't fit into the case. Outside the pawnshop, muffled by the structure's walls, a jetbike roared to life and sped away.

The woman knelt, resting her hand softly upon the glass as she began to browse the interior of the cabinet - after a heartbeat, she seemed to spy something which caught her attention.

"Is... Is that a Madclaw PX?" Her question was tinged with surprise; incredulous, she glanced up at the man behind the counter and pointed.

"Can I see that?" She asked. "That's a used Madclaw PX... I've only ever heard of one of those..."

Resting prominently in the case was an all-black revolver which was slightly scuffed but lovingly cared for; a powerhouse of a blaster pistol which was exceedingly rare throughout the Galaxy. However such an item had come to reside within this very pawnshop, who could say, but it was sure to be quite the story indeed. The powerful blaster pistol was a higher-end piece of equipment, offering a versatile ammo selection as well as two fire-modes. The beautiful woman stood, excitement etched into her features as she waited to be presented the piece for inspection.

"They say it's like an anti-armor cannon in a blaster... That you could even stop a speeder, if you can manage to hit it."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
[member="Dayne Inck'ha"]

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
I barely looked up as another woman walked into the room. I knew to some extent that she was here with Ivory. The lady who was likely here on her own time. With how busy she had been, I was even surprised that either of them were here. Smiling like I would with any other customer, Ivory went over the various weapons we currently carried. And then spotted one of the more powerful items in our inventory. A rare Handcannon by any other name. One that could use blaster components, as well as slugs. I smiled just a bit as she wanted to see it.

Reaching into the cabinet, I pulled the weapon out and emptied the weapon. Showing that it was unloaded and safe for her fondling of the weapon. Holding onto the barrel, with one finger in the revolver's open frame and passed the hogleg to the ebony dressed woman.

"A very good choice. Very good stopping power with a rather low recoil compared to other weapons of it's size. Only problem I have found with the size of the weapon, is that is not all that great for a concealed carry. Otherwise, if you need to take someone out with anything short of Mando'ade Armor, Its got you covered."

I would allow her to look the weapon over and inspect it all to her desire. However, I decided to add in some filler for the weapon.

"See, these guns like the PX are very rare to come by. Limited in stock, and even more difficult to get a hand on. Someone is bottle-necking the sale of these firearms quite a bit. So this is likely the only one I will ever have my hands on."

What I spoke was truth. These weapons were mainly kept exclusively for people who had good connections to the company. If you happened to find one of these on the market, they would be gone before the day's end. Even with the high price for them, they never stayed still for a long time. However, this one was not "sold" to me as it was more so "acquired" by a rather deep pocket person who no longer breathed. I didn't ask where it came from, nor how the person got a hold of it, but they didn't want it and they didn't care how much it was worth. Getting it for barely 300 cred, and I would have likely sold it for almost five to six times that worth.

However, for Ivory? I would just have to call in a favor for her with all that she might walk away with here today.

"What else will you be looking for Miss?"

Shawn1.gif
[member="Ivory Stroud"], [member="Dayne Inck'ha"],

Crocell

C
Slender fingers reached for the offered weapon, taking it from the man behind the counter. It was a larger weapon, filling her fist with a considerable weight; the weapon was built for a larger creature than she, but she inspected the weapon as-if she were familiar with it. Back & forth she turned it, admiring it's form.

The trigger functioned flawlessly, actuating the internal mechanism and offering a dull click within when pulled. The grip, though some might have thought it too large for the woman, conformed to her palm, fitting snugly within like it were built personally for her. With a sparkle of amusement in her eyes, she tapped the screen to the rear of the weapon, admiring the soft buzz of electronic circuits crackling to life as the weapon's power source engaged. Though the blaster would not fire, it still allowed her a functions-check of the small on-board fire control system: she tapped a small indicator and the weapon gave a soft tweet, the screen turning red as it's powerful Shattergun option was selected. She tapped the same spot again and the screen returned to it's normal soft blue glimmer. All of this was done while [member="Shaun Castanic"] explained further the availability of the item. By the time he'd finished speaking, she'd already made her decision.

Smiling at him, she placed the weapon upon a small pad of rubber which had been placed there to protect the glass case. "I'll take it." She said, pausing for a heartbeat as she looked further into the case.

"That silver tube, there... the one about as long as my forearm? and the belt, curled up in the corner. Can you tell me about those?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom