Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private TSE // Come Thee Faithful

albert-urmanov-182-2-throne-room2.jpg

Odavessa
870ABY

Dark was the tidings the Worm had heard. Sepulchral warned him of the Dark Council gone missing - Maliphant to the confines of the Enclave, Carnifex in the hands of the Jedi, and more still on the horizon. The great beast of a Sith seemed to groan behind the metal masks as the shadows crept upon his endless form - a thousand voices in one, a thousand minds enslaved to a singular identity. The Worm was the culmination of the Rule of Two, of the great Dyad destined to break the Celestial's will;​
And he sat upon a throne that stagnated and wore thin.​
He had overstayed his welcome, yet to be undone by the Sith of this era. Soon he would require them to rise to the occasion; but to who would yet remain. For now, he must play the game of Sith politics - to ensure that his throne was safe from false idols and pretenders. The metal groan grew louder before silencing entirely - a man entering the room guided by the Praetorians, and member of the Sepulchral. Silence overcame them like a weighted blanket - smothering, tiring, the Worm sat with a terrible presence that could be felt systems across.​
" Mordecai Zambrano Mordecai Zambrano - the Sky Kaiser. Enter, kneel before the great throne and listen to my request."​

Ovadessa
Chamber of the Dark Lord

Decay. Wrought with rot and stagnant with the stillness of time, the once great Sith Empire was no more. There were no parades of victorious warriors, there were no mothers rejoicing at the return of sons and daughters. There was only a singular throne, occupied by an enigmatic being so seemingly powerful that it had drove many to madness. What could one achieve with that sort of mastery had they the drive of action and initiative?​
Mordecai's brow was furrowed in thought as the chamber doors opened. Vast openness with a lone, carved pathway leading straight to this creature of the Force. The Zambrano idly wondered if the architecture was significant; as if to signify the schism between the void and something solid, something real.​
His footfalls were muffled, a crimson-zeyd robe flowing behind him. Then he was on a single knee, head dipping in reverence.​
"What do you ask of me, my Emperor?" A gravelly voice replied.​

"Many great things. We ask of you the Galaxy."​
"And more.", a woman's voice followed from the darkness - no body to be seen to match it.​
The great Worm Emperor stood - five electrum masks glinting in the artificial light of the ancient throne room. Three meters and broad as they came - the Dark Lord soundlessly exited from his throne's perch to speak to that which entered his abode.​
"Rise, Mordecai. One so great as you shall not kneel for long before one such as I.",​
The Worm strode past Mordecai, none of the masks turning to face him - but he could feel the attention they gave through the Force. His voice picked up once more when they were a few steps across the bridge.​
"Your brother, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , is a powerful Lord; and when he has reclaimed his personality - even a powerful successor. We do not believe him to be the next Dark Lord, however, his time has come and gone; but we believe his knowledge, his power, to be essential in what is to come. We ask you here to help free him from the confines of his imprisonment - but more than that, we ask that you guide your brother as we would request."​
"Unruly. Insubordinate.", a child spit.​
"Icon. A symbol to aspire.", a man followed.​
"Know him for what he is - a step to greatness, just as we. Guide him as we ask and you shall set the foundation for the next Dark Lord. Do you understand?"​

Mordecai hadn't expected the disappointment to settle in so quickly - but it did. It took a considerable amount of willpower to restrain that outward sigh. Despite the fact a pseudo-god prowled just inches away from him, the Sith Lord's distaste was apparent even now. It was always about his brother. Every single time. It wasn't that Mordecai despised his older brother by any means... it just would've been nice to be summoned about something other than family matters.

Happily heeding the Dark Lord's words, the broad shouldered man rose from his kneel. A frown accompanied it, unsatisfied with how his knee creaked with laborious effort. He was aging. Mordecai had half a mind to recommend someone else for this task: someone far younger, far more ambitious and eager to please the Dark Lord of the Sith.

"Yes..." he echoed, "He is essential. I will do my best to guide him, though I fear my efforts may be in vain. One can lead a horse to water but it's impossible to force it to drink."

He still had his back turned to the many-masked demigod.

"I will do my best, as I always have."

Aspect of Passion Aspect of Passion

The great Worm paused his movements, and the groan of hot air on metal echo'ed from behind his mask. None of them would turn to face the Sith Lord, but he would feel the endless attention of the eldritch emperor before him;​
"It is good for a Sith to wear his emotions so openly..."​
Mordecai would feel the sickening sensation of oil crawling up his back - metaphysically, through the Force. A reminder how close he was to death incarnate.​
"... but it is insulting to do so before an Emperor."​
The worm, having paused and made his peace, walked forward once more - though it was much more of a float.​
"We understand you have spent years attempting to guide him - years of beating your head against the obelisk pillar he stands upon. Do not worry, Mordecai Zambrano, your sacrifices are acknowledged. Know this to be only temporary - there is much greater things we have in mind for you.", the Worm said gratefully.​
"For your skill, for your ability, you will be made a Lord of little equal. What do you dream of, my child?"​

There it was: that age-old habit of just blatantly speaking his mind. It was easier to do when his brother occupied the throne and familiar faces lined these halls. But this eldritch creature of the void? This was something else. Mordecai felt his jaw grow taut with tension just as those words escaped his lips. A creeping, sickening sensation coursed through him as if straining him to drop to a knee once more. Thankfully it was a brief reminder of insolence, a trespass so fortunately forgiven.

"Yes, my lord." The man echoed in orderly fashion, reaching down to smooth his robes. "I will do as you command. Temporary this task may be, I will enact your will with fervor. Rest assured, I will get it done."

A blend of relief and anxiety stirred Mordecai's thoughts when the Worm Emperor uttered that last remark. What did he dream of? The dark-haired man wet his mouth before carefully speaking.

"I dream of sons and daughters. I dream of stability and prosperity." He paused, no need to completely void himself of his innermost ideals. "The Empire must look inward if we are to thrive. We should take care of those that have loyally served us for centuries," slowly, the Sith turned to face his emperor, "They are our greatest strength."

"That is a fine wisdom you carry.", the Worm offered as he stopped once more.​
"And yet - it is the anticident of what Sith strive for. Purpose and power over stability - would you not say?", The Worm seemed to prod.​
"How do you convene these ideas? To be Sith, and to believe that it is not conquest but toiling the fields that would ensure us our goal?"​

Mordecai didn't like this. His initial response was the pursing of lips, momentarily unsure of what to say next. There was a sneaking suspicion in the back of his mind that this beast cared very little for him and his thoughts. The Lord felt an itch, as if his entire body of flesh crawled in that very moment. If Mordecai possessed any noteworthy trait, it was discipline. The stoic Lord remained steadfast.

"There is purpose and power in stability, my lord. It displays strength greater than any other weapon the Empire has to offer. Winning hearts and minds is far greater than any Death Star," he politely countered, dipping his head in reverence.

Time to test the waters yet again. "I firmly believe an orderly and lawful conquest is superior to mindless violence. We are greater than the Maw, we are greater than any other covenant that mocks our ascent to victory."

Then his dark brows were furrowed once more, body poised for retaliation.

Last edited:

"A fine understanding of the teachings.", the Worm offered back.​
"Teacher's Pet.", a child in the darkness mocked.​
The worm finally turned to watch Mordecai as they stood upon the bridge. Beneath them was a deep chasm leading to the unknown - but the echo could be nigh on felt even up where they stood. A dark glow of red eminated from its depths - like a furnace, bringing the slightest tinge of red to the electrum masks the Worm wore.​
"Violence carries only as much purpose as the results. Fear is a powerful ally, but equal to fear must be adoration, love, and a careful manipulation of the mind. Many Sith have lost themselves in the strength of the Dark Side - become little more than rabid dogs. They always flounder, fail to reach the true strength we can attain - but those with your mind, Mordecai Zambrano, can reach far beyond the likes of a mere butcher."​
With that, he turned and walked once more - though unlike Mordecair, he had no footsteps to echo. The robes of the Emperor seemed to float beneath him - his great height implying great weight betrayed by the silence.​
"It is these Sith we seek, and in you - a belief in order, of conviction. We see in you an honorable man - and we wish to grant you the stability you desire. Become a Praetorian under my charge, maintain Order among the Council and our aristocracy. Be your brother's keeper - but to the brothers of your Order, Mordecai Zambrano."​
"What say you to this? Free of the conflict of Sith, granted the prestige of one of the Empire's finest warriors?"​

A few moments of silence lapsed when Mordecai finished speaking. Instead of a retort in misunderstanding, there was a strange croak of affirmation from the eldritch lord. Mordecai could only incline his head in approval as the Worm Emperor's raspy voice echoed his own mind. A small smile curled Mordecai's lips as he fell in line with the Dark Lord.

"I am glad to hear we share a similar mindset, my Emperor." Nothing but truth behind those words. His own heavy footfalls would occupy the unnerving silence. He had to admit, it was strange to hear such words escape the void's mouth. Love, adoration. Both of which happened to largely be foreign concepts to this generation of Sith. Each were as powerful as fear and hatred. How else did Vader, Malgus, and the rest reach such heights?

The younger Zambrano followed carefully, trailing enough to stand within the shadow of the giant.

"I accept this charge, my Emperor. I will see to it that this Order remain sure and strong." He cast a wary glance to the Worm's back, eyeing the mask facing him. "I will watch where your vision may not."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom