Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Truu Friends

Truu Friends

8af33f6511a3bf0aa63066471559d10e.jpg

Local time: 17:30
Objective: Disaster relief
Tags: Yenna Yenna Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir

Setting down on the western-most island of the archipelago, the Jedi shuttle slowly started its shutdown procedure, ejecting carbon dioxide by the aft vents and lowering the ramp for its passengers to debark. Mathieu had been quiet throughout the trip, heeded by the Jedi Instructor who sent them to centre himself and prepare mentally for what they were about to do.

The entire archipelago had been hit by a hurricane and the Silver Jedi Order had sent Masters, Knights and Padawans to provide the locals with disaster relief. It was not a large force but there were enough of them to make a difference. On the western-most island where Mathieu had landed, the team consisted of four Padawans. He was there, of course, and Aayla Shan whom he had met before. Then there was a human and a green alien, but the name of her species eluded him.

"It should just be a short trek down from here" he said, repeating the information they had received as he pointed down what looked like the 'main' path. The elevated area they were on now was a good spot for a landing platform, seeing as it was safe from the lows and highs of the ocean, but most of the settlements were located further down, close to the coast where the locals could easily access their ships. Needless to say, fishing, underwater mining, power generation and construction were large industries on the oceanic world they were on. The island they were vising now primarily housed a proud fishing community.

Soon, he started making his way down along the road and looked to Aayla "It's nice to meet you again" before turning to the other two "I'm Mathieu" he said, looking a little uncertain, particularly at the short green one "We're all Padawans here, right?" He was pretty sure it was the case but asking couldn't hurt. Finally, he wondered "Heard anything about the situation down there?"

Yenna was looking forward to the mission they were assigned to. After her misfortune at the hands of Darth Carnifex and escape, she had been struggling to find her feet again as a Jedi. It was getting easier, with Masters Cas and Sakadi's help being a very big contributor to her mental recovery, and now she was tasked with helping three other Padawans in providing relief to a little village hit by a hurricane. There was still nervousness lurking in the back of her mind, but for the most part she was excited to be on a mission again. And as a healer, this was exactly what her duties consisted of.

As the ship touched down, she made sure she had all her effects on her before she joined the other three. After starting to sprint in order to keep up, she decided to jump onto the shoulder of the tall Padawan that joined them. "Yenna, my name is. Use you for a lift, do you mind if I?" she introduced herself with a gentle voice as she glanced at him. His question earned a chuckle from the little green Jedi as she looked over the three of them. "Yes. A century behind, I am, I know." she quipped with a smile, hoping to try and lift the mood between them. It was rather awkward for her, being between the three strangers. Her only hope was to follow her master's example and break the ice with some light-hearted jokes.

"Hurricane. Karked up, the town got. In any way we can, here to help, we are." she quickly responded to Mathieu's question as she looked around them. It was a pitiful sight to behold. A foul smell filled her nostrils, likely a combination of death, the water and other factors she didn't want to think about. "Healers, I hope you are. In dire need of it, this town is." she muttered as her demeanour sank. She wasn't sure where to begin. The entire place was a mess and all around them were aid stations, people wandering around and destroyed buildings.

It was hard to keep a happy smile with a sight like that.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir

She was a hero, and a Jedi Grandmaster, and a Mother, and a Grand Mother. That much was clear in the initial aspect of the dream. As dreams were, they could be fickle, but you always knew the facts of the dream. She walked along a path, and while she was not recognizable to who slept peacefully on the shuttle with them right now, she knew it was her. She knew she was older, wiser and had lead a wonderful life, but all the same. She was worried... She was rushing home to her family, and yet right as she turned the corner, she stopped, and let out a scream that would make a hawk-bat blush. Blood-curdling, blood began pouring from her eyes as she in that moment, had discovered what despair was. What it felt like to have everything you were ripped from you.

c7498bb42532530665ea3ac058e6dc5e.jpg

And she jumped awake, grabbed the first thing she could have, being the bench she was on, leaning forward with a visible shudder. What a strange dream, it was so short, but so vivid. Her eyes bounced around, and she remembered where she was, remembered she was in good company. There was no despair, and she hadn't lost anybody. In any case, it was time to work. On this particular day, after her secret mission with Ilwynog, her hair was cut into a pixie cut, very short, and she was absent a padawan braid. She was growing it back of course, but work was work.

Leaving the ramp, Aayla cracked her neck a little, turning and stumbling on the ramp as Yenna Yenna moved to jump on Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion . She smiled at that, and also at the words Mathieu spoke, nodding respectfully to him in turn

"Likewise, Mathieu..."

The response came. It could've been packed with more endearing statements and the like, but she was just... Off, with the amount of things that had been packed into her life in such a short span of time. Taking a few steps back, she listened intently to their green companion, nodding when she understood the premise of what she was saying.

"Small cuts, and lacerations. As far as healing major wounds, I don't think I'll be much help... In any case, like Mathieu said, we're all padawan of the Concord... We rely on each other, and I'm certain we can do some serious good here" she said her peace, pulling her over-cloak about herself so as it seemed like that was the only thing she had on, even though it of course wasn't.

And with that, she walked, glancing between the four as they said whatever it was they would say.

Another sad planet, with more destruction and missery. The young Valkyri had seen a lot of it during her travels around the galaxy. Some of the time, the distruction was caused by local feuds, or gangs, or just the people in general. Other times, it was because of the Sith, or other war-hungry outsiders. And other times, though less often, it was the work of nature that caused the havoc. Like with this world.

Sigyn took in the sight of the archipelago as the four padawans exited the shuttle. She didn't know much about the planet, but she knew it consisted of both islands around it's equator, and cold mountain ranges located at it's poles. Right now, she would much rather be at one of the poles. Being a Valkyri, she was not very used to warm weather, meaning she had to use less clothing when visiting such places. Which is why she was now wearing a skirt reaching her knees, and a crop top hoodie with the hood pulled over her head, so as not to get sun burnt.

"I'm Sigyn. Nice meeting you too. All of you, I mean." She didn't know any of the other padawans, and not even the species of the short green one, who was riding on the back of the male human. "I'm not fully trained, but I've studied healign quite a bit," she said in response to Aayla's comment. "And I briefly trained under one of the healers back at the temple. What's your name?"

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion | Yenna Yenna | Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Truu Friends

His eyes went down to the green alien "Hey, not at all" he smiled, just before extending a hand to help her get up. Although he was wearing his armour, Mathieu didn't think that she would add enough extra weight to truly risk wearing him out. It was followed by a chuckle as she mentioned how she was a century behind. In a way, her species might age in a similar manner to his - of course there would be differences but it was always good to see that someone would be around for a while. Idly, he let out a comment "We all follow different paths"

Something seemed to be different with Aayla. The large Padawan had failed to notice it during their travel together in the shuttle. It was only natural since he had cut himself off from the rest of the group during the journey, just like she had. The difference was obvious in some ways, the hair in particular. But while he could not put a finger on it, something seemed to be off on a more profound level than that. This was another one of those moments where he wished that he had payed more attention during his classes, for if he had, then maybe he would have been able to understand what it was. His eyes lingered on her for a few more moments after she greeted him and he nodded with a soft smile, still wondering if something was wrong.

Sigyn introduced herself too. While it was easy to spot her pale skin, Mathieu failed to spot the red hair under her hood until she finished the introduction. While the day was comfortably warm, she seemed to have dressed for a truly tropical climate, making him wonder if he had missed a weather report on a pending heatwave. With that, he undid the rope which held his outer robes together, revealing the armour plates underneath as the robes fell open at the front.

Out of the four of them, Yenna seemed to be the one who had been the most attentive during their briefing. Or at least the one who was the most eager to speak of it. The large Morellian let out a soft chuckle as he heard Aayla mention her rather lacklustre healing capabilities "I am the same" he said whilst carrying a bright smile on his lips "I've been healed many times over, but when I treat wounds myself, it tends to be with the aid of kolto" With that said, it was good to hear that Sigyn was better prepared for the task. Looking to Aayla, he joked "We might have to rely on some more than others" before nodding gratefully at the Valkyri.

It was only a short walk down to the island's main settlement. The seemingly primitive houses could all be seen with the same gaze as they came down from the elevated area upon which they had landed. People could be seen moving between a larger more modern water-bound ship which they had brought onto land and the numerous buildings. Debris from both houses and more primitive boats along with what the storm brought with it could be found scattered all over. Pointing to the modern boat, Mathieu spoke "I take it that's where they've set up their medcentre." Another object of interest which could be spotted from their vantage point was a destroyed building which laid by the coast. Unlike many of the wooden houses, this one also had duracrete pillars which still held strong while the wooden parts had completely collapsed. In the ruins, mechanical items could be spotted by a careful observer. It had likely been a community centre and ship repairshop before it was destroyed. A few more villagers stood by the ruins, working their backs to the limit as they tried to clear the debris while two elderly aliens, one Neutolan and the other a Mon Calamari, stood by the side looking absolutely distraught.

"That might be urgent" he mumbled, instantly feeling regret over having walked to the village instead of moving at a more rapid pace. It was something which he would have to make up for now. And so, he reached up to help keep Yenna steady with one arm as he started to run down towards the collapsed building.

Yenna Yenna Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir

Yenna listened as the others spoke. Apparently she and Sigyn were the only properly trained healers in the bunch. She couldn't deny that it made her feel good. She hoped she got the chance to show the others a trick or two before they had to go back to the temple. "Yenna, my name is." she answered Sigyn with a bright smile. "And maybe, before going back, teach them a bit, we can." she continued, glancing at Mathieu and Aayla. Her gaze lingered on them all for a bit. Everybody seemed off for some reason. Though that became less of a priority as they ventured into the town.

Their attention was drawn to a rather modern-looking building that was ripped up by the hurricane. People were crawling over it, trying to get the debris cleared up. She took hold of Mathieu's arm when he started to run, bracing herself for the sudden shift in speed. When they got close she launched herself through the air with a somersault and landed next to the elderly fellows, stepping aside to make room for the rest of the group.

While she beat them by a second or so, she wasn't the first to speak up. She looked at the ruins then at the two old men, waiting rather nervously for one of the others to speak up first.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir

She maintained her pace within the group, listening to what the others had to say, smiling at the introductions, the pairing of names and faces. Smirking as Yenna suggested teaching them some tricks before they returned. That was a good idea. After Yenna said her name, she snapped a glance towards the group, offering her own.

"I'm Aayla-Senn Shan... Aayla's fine."

she said, slowing her stride as the group came into view. Mathieu broke into a run immediately, causing her eyes to trail over to the pair, but she made no attempt to speed her arrival, walking and observing their surroundings with curiosity. There was more than a good chance those that had brought such destruction were still lingering, stalking about. On a base level of her person, she almost wished they were. The evil felt at their best, and their strongest when there was none to match them. Well, that time had ended, it was now time for these people to reclaim some semblance of normalcy to their lives.

She was not ignorant to Yenna's acrobatic display, smirking in a silent approval of her control, and grace. Some people could impress you without a word, after all.

Within moments, her walk would finish, eyes trailing to the people at the building collapse, with great interest she stared at them, feeling out of body; letting herself drift within the Force. Her companions would be able to feel her melancholy stance within the Force. Her emotions weren't being felt, but acknowledged; sadness, mixed with apathy.

She stepped past the group, immediately moving to assist with clearing the wreckage. The elders wild apprehensiveness was almost palpable, as such, she would overhear what she needed to, but would go about speeding up the clearing by usage of her own hands, feet, and back; not to mention the ever ready companionship of the Force.

"Perhaps we can," laughed Sigyn, both from the joy of meeting another healer, and from Mathieu's comment about being healed. "It's nice meeting you all. To bad it's at such an occasion like this. With the storm, and people being in danger, I mean." But this was not the first time the young Valkyri had met fellow jedi during missions to places like this.

As they neared the edge of the town, Sigyn was infazed by the destruction. Ruined houses, fallen trees, a makeshift medcenter, these were all things she had witnessed before. She observed the medcenter boat for a second, and when she turned her focus back the the rest of the group, noticed that two of them had run off. Well, Mathieu had run off, while Yenna was still on his back. And it seemed Aayla was following, thought more slowly. "Whatever it is, I'm sure they can handle it for a while," she thought. "Besides, I want to check out that boat, see of there is anything I can do."

Thus, Sigyn walked over to the boat. It was primitive, nothing near what they had back in the jedi temples. But it was no less than expected. A young Nautolan male was crouching over a clearly injured human was the first person Sigyn saw.
"Hello, I am Sigyn, from the Jedi Order," she said, and startling the Nautolan. "Is there anything I can do to help," The Nautolan looked up at her, and motioned towards a wound at the Human's shoulder. Sigyn crouched down, removed the cloth that covered the wound, and gasped as she saw it. It was infected, no doubt about it. "I... I don't know what I can do about it. How long has it been like this?" The Nautolan held up three fingers, then pointed towards his own mouth and shook his head. After a moment, Sigyn understood: the Nautolan was mute, and the Human got the wound three days ago. "I don't think I can do anything," she said, and looked sadly down at the human, who was groaning in pain. It didn't seem like he was conscious. "The best I can do is ease the pain, so he dies calmly."

The Nautolan looked at Sigyn with sadness in his eyes, yet it seemed like he had known for some time, and he nodded. The wound was too close to the heart. Sigyn held her hands above the humans head, and focused on sending calm emotions through the force, and take away the pain. The Human stopped groaning, and lay still. The Valkyri closed her eyes, focusing only on easing the pain, until she no longer felt the presence of the Human. She opened her eyes, and lowered her hands, and saw a syringe stick out of the Humans other arm. The Nautolan looked at her, and nodded, with tears on his chins. He then motioned with his head towards the outside of the medcenter, indicating that there was greater need for Sigyn out there. She got up, bowed towards him, and walked out.

A moment later, she caught up with the other jedi. "Sorry I'm late, there was another thing I had to help with. Anything I miss?"

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion | Yenna Yenna | Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Truu Friends

The introductions and chatter became but a memory as the group moved towards the devastated area at a high pace. Yenna stuck with the broad-shouldered Padawan for much of the journey until she jumped off to speak to the elders while Aayla moved to help clear the wreckage by the larger collapsed community centre building. He lost track of Sigyn for a while but knowing of her healing capacities, he assumed that she had found someone in need of her attendance. Mathieu's blue eyes met those of one of the elders Yenna stood by. The Neutolan gentleman raised a distraught hand pointing to the building and spoke with Hutteese as he repeated "My child, help my child" Taking a step forth, the Mon Calamari looked to Yenna "But do not forget the Mayor! We need her in the reconstruction efforts."

Mathieu never slowed down to speak with the two elders and had instead opted to continue his spring to the building. It seemed to be a good call in hindsight, now that they knew that there were at least two people inside which needed saving. Heavy beams were blocking the main entrance but there was little time for hesitation. With speed, Mathieu rushed over to remove one of the lighter ones which didn't seem to be stuck before looking to Aayla for support in removing the other ones. He worked physically, well aware of his much greater capabilities in self enhancement compared to telekinesis. Perhaps they would have been able to do the work without assistance from each other - but this was really the safer way that would help them conserve more energy. And from the looks of it, they might be there for some time.

Once the first few beams would be removed, smaller holes opened up - far too tiny for Mathieu to get through, or for them to bring someone injured out of. When Sigyn arrived, Mathieu spoke between working with Aayla to remove the beams "There are at least two people in there, we need to help them" he said.

It would not be much longer until they had cleared the beams from the entrance, Muffled sounds of someone speaking Hutteese could be heard from inside along with some pained groaning. Despite it being rather obvious, the large Padawan spoke of what was on his mind "I think your healing skills might come in handy soon" Judging by the muffled sounds and not hearing much from the Mayor, it was plausible to assume that rubble or another beam might have fallen onto the victims who were still inside but without being there, it was really hard to tell.

Yenna Yenna Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir

The moment they spoke up and voiced the issue, Yenna got to work on helping the other Jedi. Closing her eyes, she focused the Force and helped to lift the debris off the ruins. Once she heard Mathieu's voice she opened her eyes and studied the situation. "Fit in there, I can!" she called out. With an elegant jump through the air she landed by a hole and carefully crawled inside. "Look for the survivors, I will! Keep lifting!" her voice called out from inside as the little green Jedi crawled through the building.

She quickly managed to find the two people trapped in the debris. With a little bit of Force usage she got the worst debris off them and got to work on stabilizing them. "Alright, everything will be. Hold on." she reassured them with a gentle voice as she studied their injuries. Her hands started to glow as she took hold of the injured child first. Steadily the wounds started to close up and stop bleeding while the others worked on getting the rubble off them. When the child was stabilized, she turned her attention to the mayor of the town. Though she got interrupted when a piece of debris knocked her against the head. "Hey, ow! Careful!" she called out to the other Jedi outside. She pushed her own pain aside and focused on the mayor to stabilize him as well.

By the time the rubble was lifted off and the three of them exposed, the worst injuries were treated already. Yenna sat by the two victims, helping with the Force to stop any other rubble from falling on them. Her hands, feet and cheeks had some scrapes on them and a nasty gash was o her brow, but she kept her focus on helping the child and mayor.

When she felt sunlight on her face, she opened her eyes and gave a smile. "Treat the worst, I managed to. Get them out, we need to." she quickly got up as she explained, trying in any way she could to help evacuate the injured people. Only when they were safe and treated for the remaining wounds, did she turn her attention on herself. "Ow..." she hissed as she touched the gash on her forehead.

She glanced up at the other Jedi with a chuckle. "Ironic, I find this." she quipped.

Sigyn Vanir Sigyn Vanir Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom