Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yutan
Jedi Temple

"I'm torn between what to do, Master Jedi."

"You must follow your own path my friend, I cannot choose it for you." Kahne Porte, a Jedi Master stood outside of the Jedi Temple no this rather cool day. Kahne had recently just arrived here and had given word to the grand master that he would aid him in his fight and teach as often as he could to aid the newly established Jedi Order. The Temple itself was being cleared out, to make way for the mobile home that would soon be their place in the galaxy. While he hadn't seen the massive station yet, rumors circulated that it was indeed a thing of magnificence and beauty.

"However, I will say this, should you choose to leave it will not be end for you. You know you are more than welcome to return at any point in your life. If I am not here to instruct you, others will be. And truth be told some would be far wiser and better equipped than I am." Kahne said with a glanced towards the padawan, before looking back out towards the landscape before him. The Jedi Master at first wasn't in the role for taking on apprentices, he had definitely leaned more towards the idea as of late. There were many out there that needed guidance, and not just in the force. Some had their own battles to fight and others were looking for a friendly voice of which they hopped would lend guidance.

And for this one he was speaking too, he just simply needed guidance. Kahne wasn't his Master at all, but he had trained him on some occasions. At which Kahne was never one to get straight advice. Sometimes everyone needed a little help, and just the right amount of help. The smallest of words and advice's would open their mind up and lead them to bigger things than they ever thought possible.

"Thank you Master Jedi. I will think about what you have told me." The young student bowed his head, and Kahne in returned showed a small smile and nodded in return to him. "Good luck my friend."

And thus the Jedi Master was left alone their overlooking the landscape in front of the Jedi Temple. Kahne took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a few moments as events that had unfolded in his mind recently had laid heavy in his mind. The Jedi Master wasn't sure what exactly called him back to a newly formed Jedi Order, however he felt it was the will of the force. And all the while there were dark days ahead for him, light was seen as well. Kahne Porte knew better than anyone as long as their was the smallest of lights, evil would never win.

Kahne smirked slightly as he opened his eyes for a moment and took another deep breath.

"Are you in the habit of sneaking up on people?" The Jedi Master voiced in a teasing manner to a new presence that had graced his life, and unknown to him at that very moment, would be someone of great importance to him forever.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

Yutan Jedi Temple, prior to formal depature

The usually-quiet Temple had been a flurry of activity in recent days, now that the Order has proposed leaving. The people of Yutan did not want any more attention drawn to them by the Jedi presence: the world had already suffered under one Sith attack, and having Jedi on their world only added to the possibility that such might happen again. And we can't have their deaths or suffering resting on our consciences. They had sheltered the Jedi long enough: that time was coming to an end.

Of course that had meant that everything was a rush: equipment and resources needed to be packed and shipped, ready to be transferred aboard the Yutan's Legacy, the vast Temple-ship that now rested in orbit, awaiting the arrival of the Jedi who would live, train and teach there, travelling between worlds in a mobile academy designed to elude those that would stop them, and ensure that the Jedi could respond in force to any issues that warranted their attention. No more shuttles or personal transports taking limited supplies to worlds torn by famine or disease. Now we can be there in our entirety, with everything we need. It was a clever vision, and one she agreed with.

The sad part of it all, though, was that they would spend their days now looking at stars flashing through the blackness, their views limited to the whirling blue-white lights of hyperspace, or to the stillness of space at sublight speeds. It'll be rare for us to set foot on a planet as beautifully verdant as Yutan. To Teynara's mind, that was the part she was going to miss the most. All the more reason to enjoy it while I can.

The blonde had worked to pack up many of the surplus medical supplies that had previously been stored in the Medical Bay, now en-route to the Yutan's Legacy, along with the patient beds, scanner equipment, laboratory equipment...all the things they had no reason to leave behind, and every reason to take with them. But with that done, a break is always welcome. She knew she could have joined the others to work off some energy in the training dojos, or headed to the cafeteria for a meal, but fresh air would be at a premium stuck aboard the confines of a ship, and she knew it.

Striding through the entrance to the Temple, the young woman noticed the odd serenity to it: most of the loading and shipping was being conducted via the hangar bay, so the entrance was surprisingly bare. A small handful of Jedi were dotted around, disparate in their purposes and largely appearing to want space to themselves. Hardly surprising, she thought. Take a good last look. It may be a while before we see anything like this.

She stepped forward, walking down the steps that led to an observation area, when a voice interrupted her. Sneaking, am I? It was true that Teynara always walked softly, but nobody had ever accused her of that before. Her pale-blue eyes turned off to her left, noticing the male standing there, evidently the source of the voice that had accosted her so. And, for a moment, you looked like you wanted peace and quiet instead of company.

"Is it polite to suggest that a Jedi might be oblivious of the world when looking as far away as you were?", she asked tartly, her tone carrying just enough amusement at his words to make it clear that she wasn't being defensive. "It's hard to sneak up on a Jedi, unless they're not paying attention." The young woman 'tsked' slightly to show what she thought of that. "Not very mindful of you, Master," she added with amusement.

True, she couldn't be sure he was a Master: there were plenty of older Padawans in the Temple, and he could easily have been one of them, but the self-assured way he had spoken, and the sheer conviction of knowing that she was there when she'd done nothing to announce herself...that spoke of training and awareness, despite what she'd said. A Knight or a Master. The rank makes little difference to the respect that must be shown. Still, he'd invited a more biting reply by the question, and she didn't like to disappoint on that score.

"I didn't mean to disturb your meditations, though," she added with a faint smile, taking a step closer to the other Jedi. He was taller than her by a good half-foot, sturdier in build as was to be expected, and now that she had a better view of his expression, not nearly as serious as she had supposed. "Unless you've learned to sleep while standing up, in which case, I hope it wasn't a good dream. I'd hate to spoil that," she observed calmly. "I'm afraid we've not had that class yet, though some of our teachers do their best to make us want to sleep through their lectures," the blonde observed wryly, wondering whether this one would be the more studious type of Jedi, or the more maverick kind, prone to action. His reply will tell me a lot.

| [member="Kahne Porte"] |​

“Perhaps I....” The Jedi spoke with a sense of amusement in his voice, and then stalled briefly. Kahne drew in another deep breath, the cold air filling his lungs and it didn’t seem to bother him one bit. He had a knack for being able to deal with cold weather much better than the average person.

“Perhaps I’ve become absentminded in my age.” The Jedi Master mused once more, as he was only in his late twenties. He was a Jedi for most of that time. Kahne joined the order when he was just over three year’s old, difficult times those were. Simply because he was young and the losses he suffered were painful. However as the years passed and time went on he himself learned to let go and move on.

It wasn’t easy though…

“You didn’t.” Kahne said reassuringly, as he caught glimpse of her out of his peripheral vision. Kahne then turned his head and nodded his head giving her a warm smile. Kahne continued to listen to her words as his smile never changed and then he faced the front again, chuckling lightly then clearing his throat.

“Unfortunately, I don’t dream that much anymore, so the only thing you’ve interrupted is sleep.” The Jedi said calmly playing along with the sleeping jest. He turned towards her, his hands behind his back and he leaned in slowly. “Please don’t spoil that.” Kahne shook his head a few seconds afterwards,chuckling indicating he was joking and then he responded to her again.

“Those are the best teachers aren’t they?” Kahne winked at her and thought more about it. The Jedi understood her words all too well. Many times when he was a young Jedi, he became a victim of sleep for a few seconds until there was a loud tap that awoke him. Kahne felt bad enough about it so he spent much of his time in the libraries afterwards. He read up on many things that involved the Jedi and their quests throughout the galaxy over the course of many years. And from his teens and onward it seemed all he wanted to do was to be outside, exploring.

Funny the way things end up.

“I’ve been guilty of that a time or two.” The Jedi Master said with a smile as he held his hand out towards her, while he didn’t exactly reveal much with that. The man could have been referring to his time as a student, lecturer or both. “Kahne Porte. Are you looking forward to our journey through space?”

Interesting combination of humour and sobriety, Teynara thought reflectively, appraising the Jedi with an inquisitive eye. He seemed quick to attribute qualities to himself that he was unlikely to have, but she sensed a touch of humour behind it. Absentminded? Seems an unlikely trait in a Jedi, especially once clearly in control of himself. That wry humour was shielding something, though: an insecurity that he was hiding behind that outer shell. It's interesting, but very human. She respected that: so many Jedi of her experience went out of their way to appear invulnerable, indifferent to mortal concerns. He's refreshingly normal.

That he didn't dream...that caught her attention. And throws me right back into the therapeutic mindset, she thought with a touch of inner amusement. Dreaming was a fairly natural part of a person's psychological processing: in addition to simply being a means of organising information, it was also helped the conscious mind to explore facets that might be left unexamined while awake. And a good way to deal with traumas that don't always register. People that didn't dream...they were more complex. In denial, find their dreams hard to cope with, or simply don't let themselves relax enough to allow the dreams to come.

Either of the three spoke to significant trauma. What is he's suffered through, that he struggles to face it in his dreams? It was surprising that the Healers let that one go.

"Teynara Jeralyr," she said, mirroring his introduction, shaking his hand firmly in response to his gesture, slightly amused to find a more socionormative greeting among the more traditional Jedi. Bows are the way we say 'hello', so a good old handshake is an interesting choice. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Master Porte," the blonde added. "Please, call me Tey. Everyone else does," she continued with a slight grin curving her lips.

Trust him to pick a difficult question, though. She had mixed feelings about their departure from Yutan, and it wasn't necessarily something she felt she could articulate effectively. How do you bottle a feeling and share it with another person, without diluting it? That was always a problem of hers: she never felt that she could fully express how she felt without missing an important component.

"I'm not sure, honestly," she said earnestly, her expression reflective, in a fashion that was pretty familiar to anyone that knew her well. "Always preferred my feet on solid ground, beneath fresh air and skies that can change with a little warning. A sunny day with a cool breeze, a light shower with cold raindrops, or a lightning storm that forces you to hide indoors and just watch...that's living, isn't it?" Teynara was rather enjoying the weather as it stood: cool, and perhaps threatening a little of the rain that made Yutan such a verdant world, at least in places. "But the idea of travelling to new places could be fun. Full of learning experiences."

Moving to stand beside the older Jedi, Teynara looked out over the grounds that were arrayed around the Temple. It hadn't been built in a metropolitan area, like some of those the Jedi had used over the millennia, but instead had been placed beyond the confines of civilisation, in a clearing surrounded by forest and vegetation. Our own little place of solitude within the wilderness. To move now to a ship of technological design, not to be surrounded by plants and living things...that would be an odd transition indeed.

"Something tells me you're less thrilled about the idea," she added in a more serious tone, eyeing him with a somewhat stern expression. "I take it space travel dredges up a few bad memories?"

"Please, Tey....simply Kahne will do, everyone else calls me that." The Jedi Master said with a smile. She seemed very intelligent, perhaps smarter than the Jedi Master himself. He noted several things as she spoke. Very descriptive, and she seemed wise beyond her years which was a good quality to have. That mixed with her jest's seemed to be something else.

The Jedi Master found himself staring into her eyes for a brief moment, not too long as he didn't wish to make things weird. But Kahne had a definitive trait for looking into another's eyes and seeing something that no one else could. He felt he had been graced with such a thing his entire life, it was this exact trait that he felt had shielded him from troubles in his life. However to others it would seem like something more than that, perhaps it was indeed the force that was guiding his hand.

Yet, the force wasn't what made the Jedi Master unique.

Curious...

"I know what you mean." The Jedi Master spoke softly as he thought more about their voyage they would take. He knew there would be perhaps weeks at a time when they would be in space, if not longer before they would station somewhere that would put them on the earth."It will be difficult for everyone. Just as long as we are living, while we explore and learn new things."

Living was the key thing, in all aspects of life. Tey had said it rather well, much better than Kahne could have described what it was. He recalled several times in his life when just those things were happening. He stopped for a moment and took a deep breath as those moments were happening. The universe in that instant seemed calm and peaceful, and nothing was going to ruin those moments for him. Even if those precious moments just lasted a few seconds or minutes.

"You may be right, only time will tell. I'm not the best pilot, luckily I won't be piloting that massive starship. So you are in luck, you get to live another day." Kahne said with a slight chuckle. Piloting wasn't his forte, he had other abilities that made up for it though..thankfully.

"And no bad memories, only terrible ones. However I've been graced with opportunities to change and adapt, so that's always a plus. Not everyone can get that chance." Kahne glanced back towards the lands before them just as a small breeze came around.

"Would you agree, Tey?"

For all your flippancy, you ask deep questions, Kahne, Teynara thought quietly, gathering her thoughts for a moment. He was an interesting man, this Jedi Master: capable of evident self-deprecation, having a gentle sense of humour that didn't feel offensive or shocking, and yet seemingly able to look beyond himself to the possibilities ahead. And to the things behind. His words intrigued her, yet at the same time, she felt them spoken with a sense of raw detachment that hinted at lingering pain beneath them. Terrible memories, rather than bad ones. The blonde didn't need to be a qualified therapist to read something into that.

Still, it didn't do to pry deeply into the past of someone she had just met, particularly not when it might mean abrading scar tissue that was covering deeper wounds. Sometimes it's best not to dig into things best left alone, unless you're prepared to do the work needed to patch up the wounds that result. She felt that clearly enough here: it certainly wouldn't be worth bothering him on the issue merely to satisfy her personal curiousity.

"I think everyone gets the chance to change things," she said softly, not looking at the Jedi, but rather staring out across the forested vista in front of the Temple, enjoying the mixture of green colours and the muted browns, the leaves all swaying softly in the breeze, a gentle rustling noise carried along with it. "We don't always see the opportunity, or grasp it when it comes, but there are always options. We just need the courage to take them, sometimes."

That was ever the difficulty with life, she felt: knowing which path to walk at moments when the outcomes were near-impossible to see. Easy to make a choice when you know where it'll take you, but so few of our choices ever appear to us that way. Kahne wasn't wrong, though: perhaps, as Jedi, their path was clearer than that of many others. We press forward regardless, and do our duty because it must be done. Few others had the luxury of seeing things quite so clearly: they had so many other considerations that might interfere. Friends, family, connections, finances, conflicting aspirations...all so very complicated.

"More importantly, isn't it a Jedi's path to help others?," she asked gently, half-turning to look at Kahne with a questioning expression. "Perhaps our choices help free others to make theirs, sometimes." The blonde woman offered the slightest of shrugs: she was still new to this, so her understanding of why the Jedi acted as they did was a little incomplete. "Maybe if we make the difficult choices, others become free to live without having to."

Perhaps such were the source of Kahne's wounds, though: was it the nature of the Jedi to sacrifice themselves to allow others to lead that better life? When he speaks of terrible memories, are those caused by the things he has had to do in service to the Jedi way, or something more? It did give her pause for a moment - were those wounds she was willing to take in pursuit of her own service? Or is it my task to simply watch others take them, so that I may heal their hurts and send them back out into the carnage afterwards? It wasn't a positive thought, and she had to admit that it was a little unsettling.

"Sadly that means we're going to be stuck on-board a flying Temple for a while," she added with a touch more acid than she intended, realising that she wasn't overly thrilled at the prospect. "Not quite what you expect when being recruited, huh? 'Join the Jedi and see the Galaxy!'. Wonderful..."

Courage was tricky thing indeed, Kahne didn't dwell on it as much as he garnered hope as a supreme trait. The courage to make the sacrifices for the good of the galaxy even at the cost of one's life? Courage to make the hard choices for the good of the galaxy, and risk losing everything? They were usually one in the same at times. Courage was different for everyone, Kahne had come to understand this a long time ago, just like hope was different for everyone. Tey's words stayed with him as they would for quite some time.

"Everyone get's the chance to change things..." Kahne repeated as he looked out ahead as she was, his eyes falling upon a few younglings having some fun chasing each other around. The Jedi smiled and took a deep breath, she was right. Perhaps Kahne's only argument if it was one. Was that he hoped they made the right decision, at the right opportunity. Looking down towards the younglings for a few moments more until he began to stare straight ahead.

"Kids..." Kahne whispered with a small chuckle before glancing over to Tey, just as she did.

"It is the Jedi's path to help others." Kahne responded easily enough, however there was so much more to it than that. And that was where Kahne's views on the subject began to blur, or at least he thought so. While helping others and being selfless was the way to go. Kahne in his lifetime knew that in fact there were plenty of people out there that didn't want to be helped. One could assist,help, and aid and everything that can be thought off, every different variation. And there were some that went back to doing what they did before. Because that was the only life they knew how to live, another tricky thing.

"There will be difficult choices to make regardless." The Jedi Master said as he crossed his arms and smirked."They still have lives to live, and something will always come up in their lives. We can just hope that our choice in helping them as shown them a better way of living, and they follow that example.

Thus the salt came, and in truth it did make the Jedi laugh slightly as he raised his hand and patted her on the shoulder. "Don't worry Tey, it won't be that bad. It will just depend on which window you are looking out of most of the time. Besides, I'll be there...you can come to me anytime you want. I'm sure there will be plenty of things on that starship to keep us occupied."

A burst of childish laughter drew her attention, blue eyes roaming to find the source. It was such an unusual sound in a Temple that was so often devoted to serious studies and calm pursuits: so rarely was there time for simply leisure, the sort that lacked any guile or practical purpose behind it, other than to have fun. That's what wrong with the Jedi, Teynara mused quietly, seeing a group of children in their sandy-tan Jedi uniforms chasing each other around. We spend so much time preparing for the evils of the world that we so rarely stop and simply enjoy the good things. There was a lesson in there somewhere, she felt.

They'd need some outlet aboard ship, she knew that for sure: one of the biggest problems facing those who spent too much time in space was the simple loneliness of it all. Even on a ship surrounded by hundreds, you run the risk of detaching yourself from the reality that we're all planet-born, and need life to flourish. Being able to walk in the forest or tend the Temple gardens: this was a therapy none could deny the effectiveness of. And what of the children? How will they cope being confined to a ship of metal and other artificial materials. Even the air will be recycled.

It was a depressing thought, but she pushed it to the back of her mind for now - just the way the Jedi so often insisted that you needed to do with psychological stressors. Focus on the positive, and the negatives will resolve themselves with time. It was all still new to her, but she was getting the gist of it. The disciplined mind focuses on problems that can be solved rather than worries about that which has no resolution.

"I hope you don't mind a cup of Stimcaf from time-to-time, then," she said in response to Kahne, a touch of laughter apparent in her voice, though she otherwise kept her tone calm. "We'll have to contend with our circadian rhythms being messed up in the absence of a normal day-night cycle too, you know." The fact that her favourite poison was so helpful in that regard was just an added bonus. "Or maybe you've got some arcane Jedi technique which protects you from having to worry about sleep, huh?"

That wouldn't have surprised her: the Jedi she'd met so far had shown themselves capable of doing a lot of crazy and fantastical things, from moving objects from halfway across the room to jumping several meters into the air and yet landing as lightly as a feather. They could tell that something had happened before any apparent indicators made their way to them, and several of them had the horrible habit of knowing she was there before she made her presence known. You never know what they'll come up with next. In some ways, it was a little frightening.

"You don't strike me as the inactive type, though," she observed, looking at him again for a moment. Maybe it was the line of stubble along his jaw, the slightly haunted look in his eyes, the hardness she suspected might appear there if an obstacle presented itself...he gave the impression of being someone used to difficult decisions and the rough life of a Jedi in the field. "Are you sure you want to join us for our intergalactic field trip? It's going to get boring at times, I can guarantee it."

"Stimcaf isn't that bad. I prefer it every now and again." Kahne chuckled lightly at the thought. However there was one point during his life that he had to swear it off for a few weeks. He found himself drinking it quite often, much more than he cared to admit. So now he had to limit himself to at least one cup every other day or so. "Stimcaf isn't bad, however have you ever had hot chocolate?" Kahne inquired as he looked over to her. "That is one of the best beverages you could ever hope for, other than a glass of Corellian whiskey every now and again." Kahne cleared his throat as he stared straight ahead again. He hoped he hadn't given her the idea to start drinking whiskey on a daily basis.

However if would be nice to have a drinking buddy....Nope, can't do it.

"I have to admit sleeping might tend to be an issue. I suggest just going to sleep with a clear head and no worries on your mind?" Kahne wasn't sure how Tey's sleep habits were, but he found that tactic to be quite useful for him. He had his troubled nights of sleep before, at times. His good ones usually overshadowed the bad ones and to that effect he couldn't complain to much. Sleep was something that was essential to everyone's life, even more so a Jedi's life. With as much trouble and issues they run into, a long night spent running through their field of dreams was something good.

"I definitely prefer action over inaction. While being on this vessel might seem boring, there will be plenty of things to keep us occupied"

Or so he hoped...

The thought rang through Kahne's mind a few times, however he was inclined to be supportive and hopeful that things wouldn't' be as bed as they would seem.

"Besides, someone's gotta keep an eye on you, make sure you don't get into any shenanigans."

Shenanigans? Tey wasn't sure whether to be offended by that or not. True, she had a fairly sharp tongue and wasn't overtly shy of saying what she thought on really any issue, but she had never thought of herself as particularly mischievous, or inclined towards causing trouble. He seems to think otherwise, though. I wonder what gave him that impression? Something she'd have to delve into at some point: if she was doing something to misrepresent herself, the young woman wanted to know what that might be.

"Something tells me that you're more prone to getting into trouble than I am," the blonde observed with a critical tone to her voice, not that she was judging him. Still, as per her earlier impression, he seemed a good deal more rough-and-ready than her, the type willing and able to jump into action as soon as circumstances demanded it. "So perhaps I should be wary of being pulled into such alongside you, huh?"

Still, he'd not have made it to the rank of Master if he wasn't capable in the field and competent in the ways of the Jedi: appearances could be deceiving, and she suspected that much was true in his case. The flippant jokes, the casual humour, the look in his eyes: he had a lot going on underneath that simply wasn't apparent on the surface, and Teynara had a feeling that she'd not scratch the surface of what we going on in his head even with a decade of his time. Some people are just better at coating a scarred interior with a sugary exterior.

Though she had spoken of boredom on their cruise through the darkness of space, perhaps it was just the sort of environment that might bring him some peace: an opportunity to take a breather, time away from the conflict and the heartache that would likely assail him out there in the Galaxy, when he had to wear the robes of a Jedi and play a part in grand theatre. Must be exhausting, sometimes, having to be respectable and righteous in your actions. Jedi always had to be seen to do the right thing, and that would undoubtedly take a tremedous toll. A break might be just what he needs.

"At least you've got the benefit of time now, though," she added softly, brushing a stray strand of hair away from her face, nudged there as it was by the soft breeze permeating the entrance to the Temple. "No crisis to deal with, no immediate threat to be faced." The blonde offered a faint smile, her expression somewhat reflective. "As I understand it, the Jedi work best when their minds are disciplined, calm, focused. Can't always be that way without time to think, talk about your problems and work through them." She shrugged a little, a short movement of her shoulders. "Plenty of opportunity for that aboard a giant hulking metal machine hurtling through space, don't you think?"

"More or less..."

The Jedi responded easily enough, not wanting to comment any further on the suspicion of getting into trouble as it seemed to find Kahne more often than it did the average Jedi. Physical and mental scars were evident of that. However the more he gained the more hardened his mind and body became when faced with such adversity. Now it seemed like such a thing as adversity was just another lesson that he moved through with much ease and no complaints.

The Jedi knew that was because he had been around this world for quite some time. Now despite the fact that he was still technically a young man, however twenty eight varied from others. The Jedi's life he had been around almost all of that time. While he wouldn't wish the things he went through on anyone, however it was his point to instruct them in such ways that things can always get worse and have them face them at the worst because that was when true character was shown.

Tey was indeed an inquisitive one, and he felt that she was meant to help him just as much if not more than he would help her. Kahne was slightly eager to get started, and while her training it seemed wouldn't be of a natural route, the Jedi Master felt that she deserved a different approach and more unorthodox setting.

Good thing they were going to be floating about a metal box for quite some time.

The Jedi noted her smile and he returned one lightly as he gave her a small wink.

"Of course, with a more disciplined mind you will learn to channel your greatest strengths and do many good things. That will take time though, and yes...." Kahne chuckled lightly as he crossed his arms and stared up towards the sky. "There will be plenty of time for that aboard a floating the giant hulking metal machine hurtling through space." Kahne took a deep breath as he glanced back down towards the younglings and noted that they were finished playing it seemed and were just sitting in the grass talking among each other.

"Tey, if I ask you to do something would you be able to do it?" Kahne inquired as he looked over to her. "If there is one thing that I could impart on you, that I hope you keep with you forever is this." Kahne turned and faced her, and he placed his hands on her shoulders. "There is always a threat, it may not be right in front of you. But it is out there, and despite how peaceful things may seem, know that the threat lingers still. I'm not suggesting you look over your shoulder every time someone passes you, there is more to it than that. And as we go through this journey, you will learn what I am talking about if you haven't' already."

The Jedi gave her shoulders a small squeeze before he let her go and walked passed her. Kahne knew the dangers of the world and while his mind was always ready for that moment when disaster would strike, it wasn't something that clouded his mind and his ability to relax and enjoy a peaceful moment within the vicinity, or when he is with family and friends. That lingering essence of guard, our greatest pleasure could turn into our worse nightmare at a moments notice. And while her words in his opinion made him believe she was aware of such a thing already, it was something that he had to say just so that it could be said.

"Are you all packed and ready to go?" Kahne inquired as he turned back to look at her. "If not you better hurry up, I'd hate for you to miss this amazing adventure we are going to have." The Jedi mused slightly as he jerked his head towards the Jedi Temple.

The move from gentle teasing to heartfelt warning caught her, that sudden moment an invitation to see past the facade that he put up: the Jedi appeared relaxed, easy-going, almost casual in the way he acted and stood, but that instant of gentle insight spoke volumes about the things he had seen and experienced, and all that he was keeping quietly beneath that outer shell. No naivete there, but a depth that has seen plenty of darkness, and knows better than to wallow in it. She found that heartening, in truth: it was nice to know that some could stare down the worst that the galaxy had to offer and still walk away as a good person.

She wasn't necessarily convinced that the same could be true for her.

It was an odd realisation to make, but Kahne's words forced her to examine it for a moment. The Jedi lived in a bubble, of a sorts, tranquility and calm present at all times, even during the rough-and-tumble of their exercises or combat training. But it's a lie, isn't it? We practice among the serene, but we'll live and die surrounded by chaos. Kahne knew that well enough, but he had managed to walk through it all with enough of his underlying character intact that he wasn't burdened with the bitter cynicism she'd seen in others. He just knows that not everyone comes out in one piece, and knows better than to imagine that it's achievable without effort or sacrifice. That scared her in some ways, but also comforted her from that same feeling.

"The greatest threat is always going to go with you, don't you think?", she said, poking him sharply in the chest to demonstrate her point. "Someone could hurt you, or kill you, and that's bad enough, but it would be far worse if everything you experience causes you to be the one who ends up hurting or killing someone," the blonde added, sighing softly. That was how it worked with some, wasn't it? Broken until they became the ones doing the breaking. "Besides, I'm not supposed to watch my back," she noted softly, a faint smile crossing her features. "I'm supposed to watch yours, and you, mine."

Patting him on the shoulder, Teynara moved to brush past the other Jedi, taking his advice about packing into consideration. Not that she'd needed to, of course: the first thing she'd learned at the Temple beyond the location of her sleeping quarters was the need to learn to travel light. Can't exactly hop from world to world following orders from the Council when you're loaded down with suitcases of stuff. It did mean she couldn't exactly have wardrobes of clothing available, but the Temple's laundry services were pretty thorough.

"Something tells me you're going to be the one who is slow to get the packing done," she called over her shoulder, fully expecting him to turn and accompany her back into the Temple. "Most of my things are already aboard ship anyway. Have to learn to be prepared for the weather to change quickly, Master," the blonde added with an amused smile.

The Jedi Master glanced down as she poked his chest with her finger. She made such a valid point. And it was to that end that is what he hoped to teach and or instruct Teynara. What to do when the worst is thrown at you and what to do when you are at a breaking point. The Jedi Master wasn't going to throw such a thing at her right out of the gate though, he would instruct her as well as he could and then a trial would begin and that would test her fully. She was already of the inquisitive nature, which opted her to question things and that was a good thing. And it was his job to give her the correct answers. Not just fill her head with silly mantra like things, but something that she could truly apply in the real world and would still hold true to the Jedi Code.

The idea was to guide,nurture, and aid you in your greatest challenges. The Jedi Master thought as she patted him on the shoulder and walked past him. The Jedi Master would do everything in his power to assist her. Kahne knew it wasn't always that simple. There would be conflict along the way and definite speed bumps. That was the life of the Jedi though, and it was something he had done for a long time and would continue to do so as long as the force allowed him too.

"I'm actually already packed to be honest." Kahne replied quickly enough that was followed with a laugh. The Jedi master traveled light, as light as could be. Basic necessities a spare change of clothes or two and his lightsaber. The most essential of things needed for an everyday journey. His ship carried all of his other items that were necessary. That shuttle which was something they would be operating out of on a daily basis when they weren't flying around the galaxy in the massive ship that would carry the entirety of the Jedi Order.

He walked at her side as the duo entered the Temple Interior.

"You sure you are ready for this?" The Jedi Master inquired as he glanced over to her, with a small smile on his face?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom