Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trust no one

Rasu watched out the viewport as the star's flew past in bright streaks of light, commonly seen when travelling through hyperspace. The Shi'ido was lying in a small bunk with her back against the lumpy mattress and her head facing up towards the pale, durasteel ceiling. She along with her Master and his other student and Rasu's friend Sochi Ru had been tasked by the High Council to settle a dispute between two of the noble houses of New Alderaan. Although the original planet had been destroyed during the reign of the Galactic Empire, during the past few centuries, a newly discovered system had been colonized by the remnant people of Alderaan, calling it their new home. However civil war threatened to take the planet once more as members of House Rist and House Antilles fought for the right to sit a member of their house on the throne and control the planet as the ruling family.

Rasu had no idea what to expect and had hoped that she would have had the chance to speak to her Master or her friend before they arrived on the planet. But at this point in time, the two had forsaken the cabin of the freighter they were travelling in, to go explore and chat with other passengers on their flight. Rasu had only her thoughts to accompany her, and at the moment they were solely focused on wondering what their mission on Alderaan would involve. Her mind imagined large, towering palaces and estates with finely dressed beings holding great banquets in which they discussed matters of meaningless importance. Who knew what this mission and the planet had in store for them, all Rasu could do was wait and experience it as it happened. Finding herself becoming bored of the ceiling, the Shi'ido sat up on the bunk and began to change her form into a dark-skinned human female. Chocolate brown hair fell down at such a length that it rested on the mattress behind her, opening her bright blue eyes she gazed at the cabin's entry hatch, waiting for either her Master or Sochi to return and relieve her of her boredom.

@[member="Sochi Ru"] @[member="Marek S'hadar"]

Alderaan, old, new, it didn't matter, the planet was always one of three things: A peaceful utopia, on the verge of all out civil war, or it was dust. The last one was arguably the most manageable, not preferable, but manageable nonetheless. He had taken to his brother's tendencies and passed out on his bunk, but Marek never slept well, he tossed and turned violently, grunting in distress. Suddenly he shot up, letting out a cry of distress. "Not real, not real, didn't take that path. Better than that." He sighed, looking around his cabin, he'd hoped neither of his padawans had heard that. Swinging his feet over the side of his bunk, he shakily walked into the cabin of @[member="Rasu Gan"] to see she'd taken on a new form, a human one.

"Looks nice." He remarked shakily, flashing a half grin to be friendly. He hadn't seen @[member="Sochi Ru"] since takeoff, and presumed she was somewhere roaming about the ship at this point, but he couldn't be totally sure.

The trio were tasked with settling a dispute between the Noble Houses of New Alderaan. Two particular houses vowing for control of the throne. Hmm besides their objective it was nice that the three of them could partake on such adventures such as this. Since taking off Ru hadn't spoken to either her friend or their master. They all kind of split up. Sochi had indeed taken to talking to some of the passengers, but she was really preparing to medotate before they landed. She figured she needed to go into this mission witbh a clear mind.

While in meditation she wasnt aware of how much time had went by, it was definitely late. She was just so caught up in lurging the negative from that encounter with Fallen jedi Hion the Herglic, to trying to clear her mind. This was actually her first time off coruscant since she recovered from the incident. She decided to halt her meditation for the time being and go regroup. She made her way down the durasteel walls of the freighter to the cabin the three would occupy. From a distance she could see her master @[member="Marek S'hadar"] standing near the doorway. When she approached she walked in and stood near him.

"Greetings, sorry for my absence. I was...I was talking with the other passengers. It would seem I lost track of time." She said softly. She went to sit by the bunk that her friend @[member="Rasu Gan"] was occupying. Her legs were closed, and her hands sitting on her lap. She looked up at their Master.

It wasn't long before both Jedi had returned, Marek arriving only a few moments before Sochi. Her master commented on her most recent form, flashing a small grin before his other Padawan entered the cabin as well, seating herself next to the Shi'ido as she apologised for being away for so long. It was nice for the trio to be together like this, as this would be their first mission working together as Master and students. Ever since that day when herself and Sochi had discovered that they shared the same teacher, Rasu had looked forward to when they could work together as a team and build a stronger bond between the three Jedi.

Chuckling softly to herself at her friends hasty entrance, Rasu first replied to Marek, saying "Thanks Master, I thought I would fit in a bit more if I took on this form. You know how stiff those nobles can be sometimes around non-humans. It might make our job a bit easier." Rasu knew that as a founding world of the Republic, the Alderaanian's weren't all anti-alien, but she had read in certain accounts of different noble houses treating those human and those not, differently instead of treating all as equals. She didn't want to risk the mission that was all. With her mind now thinking about their task, she directed her next question to both Jedi as she was curious and wanted to know what her mentor and friend thought about what was to come. "So what do you think our mission is going to involve?"

@[member="Marek S'hadar"] @[member="Sochi Ru"]

"Politics, lots of politics." Marek remarked with disdain, a dead give away for the fact Marek had not real skill outside of situations he couldn't just slice his way through. Damn he hated politics. He agreed with @[member="Rasu Gan"]'s choice in form, it would wipe away most of any spiciest problems they would have, but they still had @[member="Sochi Ru"]. Some, more strict and to the point masters would've had her remain on the ship, but he wasn't a strict master as they'd both learned. "Oh yeah, Sochi, you met Cale Gunderson when Hion...lost it, right?" He asked rather out of the blue, looking to his future healer-padawan with curiosity.

Hmm she couldn't really help the fact she was of another race, but she hadn't really considered the fact that it could indeed cause problems for the mission. Maybe she would have to coordinate things from somewhere else? who knows. it didn't seem to be a topic they all stayed on for more than a couple of minutes. Suddenly her attention turned to her master as he called for her, and asked if she had indeed met a man named Cale Gunderson. She thought to herself for a moment, hmm possibly before she was knocked unconscious. In fact she didn't remember him. She nodded to his response, "I in fact did meet him Master." she said softly. It was kind of out of nowhere, but she knew it would have to be a reason, "It was actually, before I was... injured in the conflict." she followed up. Her eyebrow raised.

@[member="Marek S'hadar"] @[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu could tell that something had happened between her Master and Sochi, but decided not to get involved and ask any details. Everyone deserved to have some form of privacy and maybe it would build some form of tension between the two friends if she pushed any further. She didn't want her friendship at risk over some silly question and her curiousity, so decided to excuse herself while the pair discussed a past mission.

Standing up, she headed towards the door, saying "I'll let you two continue your chat in private. If you need me, I'll be next door meditating." With that said, she pushed the access panel, opening the door and left the pair to there little conversation. Sitting herself on the floor, she was suddenly hit with a wave of fatigue. Wow I didn't realise I was this exhausted, Rasu thought to herself. The trio had been on the freighter for nearly a whole twenty four hours and the Shi'ido had barely caught any sleep as she had been too busy thinking about what was to come on Alderaan. Now was her chance to finally catch up on her rest, so without a second thought, Rasu closed her eyes and slowly entered a deep meditation, oblivious to everything going on around her.

Marek let out a small chuckle at the response of @[member="Sochi Ru"], then gave @[member="Rasu Gan"] a nod of approval as she left to meditate. "Cale is my twin brother." He said with a sigh, the Sentinel was probably out and about in Sith territory, purging hereti-darkness from the galaxy and bringing peace and all that. He figured they'd both have met him at this point, but he couldn't be sure.

Sochi looked up as Rasu decided to leave to give Master and herself some privacy. Ru didn't really see the need. It was no secret that there was conflict in the temple, and that Sochi had been badly injured. Her eyes grew just a tad bit wider when her Master claimed Cale as his twin brother. She hadn't seen any resemblance between the two, but now that she thought about it, she could probably, most likely put together some similar personality traits they might've had in common. She would have to sit and ponder on it for some time of course, as she could only remember parts of that day. "Oh my, i hadn't the slightest idea that you two were brothers, let alone twins Master." she responded softly. Cale did seem to be the sort to go out searching for darkness to purge, atleast thats what she got from him at the time of her being within his presence. Hmm yet she wondered where Rasu went off to, and then she had finally realized that she was tired. The ride had definitely been a long one, but she hadn't been aware of that at all.

@[member="Marek S'hadar"]
@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"No one ever seems too. It's the scars probably Sochi." Marek replied with a smile and a playful wink. Looking over to @[member="Rasu Gan"], Marek frowned as she started to leave. "Why don't you stay in here? We've got a mission to discuss Rasu, and I need everyone's input, just cause I'm the teacher doesn't mean I'm the best. Diplomacy has never been my thing." He stated, leaning back against the wall in a relaxed fashion, pulling back his hood calmly.

It took some time for Rasu to realise that her Master was actually calling to her. She had only just entered her meditation and still felt the fatigue from her lack of sleep, but decided to ignore this, rejuvenating her body and tired muscles using the Force. Opening her eyes she brought her hands up to rub the sleep from them, before turning to focus on her Master. Marek stood there looking down on Rasu as if he had asked a question and was expecting an answer from her.

The Shi'ido's cheeks blushed as she asked, "Sorry Master I was meditating. What was it you were asking?"

she slightly smiled, she knew he was making a joke, but she figured maybe he was still sensitive regarding them. Nevertheless she it was only that they, to her, honestly didn't look anything alike. Hmm, her attention was then captured by him as he called for Rasu, her head movements followed the direction of his voice. Sochi smiled as she began to blush, it had honestly called a subtle, small, chuckle from her body. As they conversed, Sochi couldn't help but think how long it was going to take for them to reach this planet, and begin their mission. She was most likely becoming restless, as she knew the others were as well; or so she thought.

@[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Marek S'hadar"]

A little part inside Marek told him he'd lucked out with these two, both were growing into beautiful, confident, and most importantly capable Jedi women. He was proud to have been their teacher. "Alright you two, I have no clue what I'm going to do, as previously stated, I have no diplomatic skills, I've always done things at saberpoint, so I want you two to construct the plan, I'll follow your orders this time. So lets get brainstorming, sound good?" He questioned, sitting down on the bunk next to @[member="Sochi Ru"], and waiting for @[member="Rasu Gan"] to either sit beside himself or Sochi, it was best to be able to look at each other when planning in his experience.

Rasu let a smile grow on her face as she listened to her Master explain his dilemma. She had kind of expected that of him, as his past didn't really raise a man who would sit down and patiently listen to others problems and provide a solution. Marek was raised for combat, his lightsabers not his voice were his tools of choice. Sitting down next her Master, Rasu placed her hand down on the bunk, not realising that Marek's hand was also placed there. The Shi'ido quickly raised her hand and placed both of her palms on her lap, while giving the man an apologetic look.

Without worrying about what had just transpired, Rasu began to voice her own opinion when a soft chime, escaped from the intercom in their cabin, before an artificial female voice spoke over the loudspeaker. "One hour till arrival. Could passengers please prepare their belongings for departure. One hour till arrival." That gives us plenty of time to discuss our strategy, Rasu told herself. The trio had hardly brought anything with them, apart from the items that they had on their belts, lightsabers and communicators, there would be nothing for them to pack up, leaving them a whole hour to continue their brainstorming.

Recalling what she was just about to say before she was interrupted, Rasu laid out her idea. "Well what I was thinking, is that we could bring both rival houses together and perhaps come to a compromise. I don't think either has enough political backing from the other houses to have any chance of seating one of their own on the throne, they're both too small. So maybe the best solution would be to help them both realise this and put a house with higher influence, someone that both houses can support on the throne." Rasu then sat back, letting the two think over what she had just said, and waited to see if they agreed or had a better idea. To be honest, the Shi'ido knew nothing of politics but it seemed to be a good plan to her although she was more than happy to accept another idea that Sochi or Marek could come up with.

Sochi's eyes went up towards the ceiling as she heard the intercom go off; just another hour till their arrival. She turned her focus back the group. They had to discuss strategy of course. Yes, she knew of her Masters preference for combat, it was something....he really didn't have to say. It was fine of course, there were some who preferred straightforward tactics, and those who preferred to spar with their words, and find a way around the physical. Which is why she enjoyed him as a teacher, although they had different personalities, he could still teach her a different way of doing things. No one way was right.

As they began to converse and go over things, Rasu had probably the best idea. It would be nice to bring in a third party one obviously with the political support to take the throne. It would cut down on the hostility, and possibly force the two groups to work together. It was inevitable they would face resistance at first, but possibly with some persuading, it would definitely work out. Sochi couldn't have thought of a better idea at the time,

"I think that sounds great, with both houses in support of one who has the power to rule will force the two opposite groups to work together," she responded softly.

@[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Marek S'hadar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom