Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trust issues

Shawn Michaels

Live each day like the last
Azrael stepped out of the Jedi temple out into the open air. He had heard recently of a mission resulting in numerous Jedi deaths, and one Padawan who was especially affected. Currently, he could see the young Zabrak sitting not too far away, but far enough so nobody would bother him. He was mourning. Understandable, considering his loss. Perhaps this was why Azrael was the perfect man for the job. Walking up behind him, he addressed the boy. "Hello, young one. I'm sorry to hear about your master, I understand you two were very close." He gazed upon him with his pale white eyes, full of sorrow.

@[member="Ven Balterius"]

Ven Balterius

V
Ven had been sitting on a balcony looking out to all of Coruscant as the sun was beginning to rise.

He needed time alone. It had been a week since the loss of Master Padok, a good teacher and friend. While Ven was lucky to have survived, he felt the guilty black spot on his inside at that very fact. He didn't share the full details of what had happened with the Jedi council when he reported back, only that it was a tragic loss for the order and himself. It was worse since he was still a padawan and didn't have a master. However the Grandmaster saw fit to rectify that by appointing a new master, much to Ven's reluctance.

While he waited for him to arrive, Ven could not help but think this new master would not be the same as Padok. True the Jedi taught basically the same meanings and teachings the order had always followed, regardless of the method of how they do it, but it still felt like an adult trying to replace a lost pet with a new one: it would never feel right.

When he arrived Ven stood and bowed a little before answering his question with "Yes....he was." he shook it off and said "So you are master Iloam then?"

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

"That I am." He squinted a little as the sun hit his eyes, and pulled his hood a little more over his face. "I mourn for your loss as well, Padok was a great man. I never met him myself, but..." He paused as he could see he was getting nowhere. "Under me, you will learn patience. Wisdom. Most of all you will understand the true meaning of life and death." The arkanian's voice rippled off of his tongue like silver.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven sighed as he said "I'm a little more well learned in the last part." He looked away for a moment, back towards the sun, before going back to him and continuing with "And as to the rest, Padok had taught me much....but never enough to finish I'm afraid. So I would hope you do not treat me as a newly initiated padawan."

He tried being humble with his words, despite how negative they sounded at first. It was only to establish where he stood at his teachings. Another awkward thing when taking on a new teacher.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

Azrael patted the boy's shoulder gently. "Not to fear, I have no intention to go easy on you. You are one of my first padawans. I must warm you, I do not go easy on my students. However, if you learn how to listen and watch, you will eventually be ready for the promotion to knight.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven nodded before saying "And you're one of the Jedi Diplomat's, yes? My father served in the Senate as a guard and, well.... Padok was planning to teach me into become a possible Consular of sorts." He seemed a bit embarrassed to mention that part.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

(OOC: I dot seem to be getting notified for the posts o_O)

Azrael nodded. "Yes, I am a diplomat. I specialize in disarming a situation with tongue. Cutting with words instead of a lightsaber. It is a great skill to learn." He looked at the padawan, as if analyzing him. "There is no need to be embarrassed by your training, I assure you."

Ven Balterius

V
Ven nodded a little, remaining silent now. He was a decent enough Jedi to be sure, but Ven knew it would take time to either fully accept him, or to consider what he'd been thinking before he's come to him: what if he wasn't cut out to be a Jedi anymore?

"So then....master Iloam, what do we intend to do?" he asked.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

"First, I would like to get a bearing on exactly where you stand with your training. Follow me." Azrael made his way to a small secluded area, filled with various scrolls and training instruments.

Ven Balterius

V
As hey walked Ven explained "Well I'm handy enough with a saber. In fact my own is a double-blade." he held it up to show before putting it back on his belt. "As for my skills with the force, I've learned a great deal. I...still haven't perfected the mind trick though."

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

"I cannot teach you very much in combat, as it is not my specialization." Azrael Pulled his own lightsaber from his belt, a green blade springing out. "Howver, if you wish to spar, we can do so."

Ven Balterius

V
Ven nodded, taking a deep breath, before walking over to the opposite side of the area and removing his hooded robe. He turned, saber in hand, and activated his weapon. Two green blades sprung from each side as he stood ready to spar.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

The arkanian kept his own robe on, preferring the extra weight when he sparred. Taking the starting stance of the basic form of Shii-Cho, he stared into the zabrak's eyes calmly and collected. Gripping his lightsaber in both hands, he held it out in front of him, waiting for his student to make the first move.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven's first act was to try a sweeping strike, as if aiming to cut his master in two. Knowing he would likely block it he would then parry with a spin to try and hit him from the other side before stepping back and wait for him to return with his own move.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

Azrael studied his student's eyes carefully. As soon as the zabrak made his move, he ducked under the blade, then rose back up to catch his hand with his own. "First lesson in negotiation. Never throw the first punch." He shoved him backwards, then took his previous stance once more.

Ven Balterius

V
Taking that advice, Ven instead began to circle Master Iloam. He tried to find a blind spot or perhaps a weak point to take advantage, eventually thinking he'd found on to his right where he tried to make a large trust towards him.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

Following the thrust, Azrael moved to the right and let the man charge straight into the wall. "Second lesson, is to never overexert yourself. Watch your surroundings and your opponent." This time he attacked. First, he feinted to the left, then sent a real strike to the right, smacking the blade against his ribs. "If I did not have the safety set on the blade, you would be dead now." He backed up and once more took the same stance. "Now. Watch. My eyes." His bored straight into the padawan's.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven rubbed his side, still feeling the slight bruise from the hit. He was getting a bit agitated but he knew to keep his emotions in check. He did a his master ordered and looked right into his eyes, waiting to see what plan or strategy he had planed for him now. Even though he claimed not likely to use it, @Azrael Iloam was still very capable with a light saber.

Shawn Michaels

"Very good. Now, focus. You can tell someone's intentions just by watching their face. It takes no great skill to use this technique, but does require patience and practice." He raised his lightsaber and slashed downward to the right, then followed with an upper-hand jab to the chest with his free hand.

Ven Balterius

V
While Ven managed to block the saber with his own he didn't have enough time to react to the punch he suffered. He backed up a little and took a moment to recover, breathing hard.

"I couldn't read that from you." he said, a bit annoyed in tone.

@Azrael Iloam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom