Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trust issues

Shawn Michaels

Live each day like the last
Azrael only shook his head at the Padawan. "You are not staying focused. Now pull yourself together, and try again. We will continue the drill until you get it right." He could feel the frustration building in his student, and shook his head softly. "There lies your main problem. You let your frustration define your actions. clear your head, Padawan."

@[member="Ven Balterius"]

Ven Balterius

V
Ven closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath before staring into his master's eyes again. He waited for him to do the same moves as before, this time being ready for them. He tried paying closer attention to see if he'd tried anything else. If it was a matter of reading people then Ven needed to know what signs to exactly see like his master did.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

This time, Azrael swiped to the left before slashing downward at the padawan's shoulder. Ven would have to watch very carefully, or he would earn a few more bruises from this attack. "Watch your surroundings. Watch me", he said as he finished his maneuver.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven managed to block both this time, using both ends of his saber to maneuver around this attack. He held his blades locked with his while keeping his stance.

"Understood." he simply said before letting @Azrael Iloam try his next move on him.

Shawn Michaels

"Very good, you listened", Azrael said as he pushed his blade harder into his student's. "Now, let's raise the stakes." He popped a simple force push against Ven's chest, aiming to knock him off balance. If the plan worked, he would press harder to knock him down.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven flew back and barley managed to make a decent landing. He rolled when he hit the ground and took a deep breath as he tried to recover. It felt like a hard punch o his chest had been made as he tried to get back on his feet. Ven managed to get back to his feet, fighting against the sore feeling he had.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

Azrael put his lightsaber back away, and walked over to the Padawan, extending his hand. "That was a nasty fall. Get up, lets try again." Though he was being hard, there was still a hint of humor in his eyes, like he was enjoying a good joke.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven didn't take his hand. Instead he breathed as hard as he could as he stood straight up and readied himself.

"I'm ready." he said with a mix of determination and defiance in his tone.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

Azrael's eyes hardened, and he backed up a few steps. "Very well. Lets see what you can do, shall we?" He took an open stance, not bothering to draw his lightsaber.

Ven Balterius

V
Figuring this was now a test of the force, Ven instantly blasted at him with a powerful force push. He wanted to see just how skilled this new master could be when facing with him against the powers of the force.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

The arkanian dispersed the wave of force, though it was visible that it caused him strain. The face of pain would disappear however, leaving the same mask as before, unreadable as steel. Staring directly into Ven's eyes, Azrael's form stayed the same, but the padawan would notice a slight tug at his conscience. This tug would eventually turn into a pull, and would start to cause strain on his mind.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven's mind felt weary as he held his head. At first he only needed one hand to balance himself, but that turned to both as it felt the pulling on his mind growing stronger.

"What's...?" he tried to say as he also tried to fight whatever this was.

It felt like the more he fought the more it strained. Some mind trick of the force he hadn't studied in perhaps was causing this.

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

Azrael stayed where he was, and began to speak to the zabrak. "You will go to my office. You will find a small library there. Read the article on sensing one's presence, then come find me." He showed him the way to the knight's office, then released his mind.

Ven Balterius

V
Ven gasped as he felt his mind finally released. That was the first time he'd ever been manipulated like that by a Jedi, even Padok had never used such actions on him when teaching him how to better handle the force. At first Ven seemed ready to draw his saber on @Azrael Iloam again, but he knew better. He just took the hard sensation in strive and went to read what his master had wanted him to read.

Shawn Michaels

The book Azrael had sent his student to read gave lessons on how to sense others through the force. By giving him the directive to find the book himself, he hoped to accomplish two things: First, it would show just how patient the zabrak could be when put under pressure. And as an added bonus, it would help him open his mind to the force even more than before. Walking into the forest, the arkanian sat himself high in a tree, and waited.

Ven Balterius

V
As Ven continued to read the book, he did begin to see the lessons his new master was trying to tell through the book itself. He began to wonder if it wasn't the amount of time spent away from him that helped him start to calm down but it was doing it's job. More and more as he read he began to realize something that would help him better control the force, something he realized would mean telling the whole truth of things to his master.

Reluctantly, after finishing what h read, Ven walked out of the training area and used the force to find Master @Azrael Iloam in the forest. Once he found him he was quiet for a moment before finally saying "I....I'm the reason master Padok died."

Shawn Michaels

The sudden approach of the padawan caused Azrael to raise an eyebrow. Looking down at Ven, he addressed him softly. "And how is that, young padawan?" He carefully floated down to the ground, seeing the zabrak at eye level. Whatever he had to say, he wanted it to be face to face. This was a learning experience, after all.

Ven Balterius

V
A deep breath from his lungs before Ven finally explained it all.

"We we're on a mission on one of the planet in the outer rim. Investigate smugglers with important information on the where about of a possible ancient jedi holocron. Padok always brought me along on these types of missions, said it would be a better learning experience than sitting around in a temple all day. When we got to the planet things quickly disintegrated into one bad move after another. Padok tried calling for help but our communications were being jammed by the smugglers. We were forced with one final option: a forward assault. We had to get to their jammers or their communication equipment so we decided to take the fight to them." he was silent for a moment before continuing "During the fight one of the smugglers I though spared pulled his blaster on me while my back was turned. I deflected it.....right into a pile of fuel canisters where Padok was..." He shook his head and closed his eyes. "I failed my master....I killed him."

@Azrael Iloam

Shawn Michaels

"Interesting." Azrael had sat there for some time now, taking the story in. "So you believe that your actions are what killed your master. Please explain as to why this was your fault."

Ven Balterius

V
Ven seemed a bit surprised but answered regardless. "I...I shouldn't have spared the smuggler. Or I should've know where Padok was. I should've been more careful!....I should've been a better student."

@Azrael Iloam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom