Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tribute For a Hero

It is customary that when a life is saved in a heroic manner, a tribute is somehow paid towards that hero. In my case this is in regards to a fellow Covie! And one that is a Jedi, no less! I do have hired bodyguards that are very, very good at what they do. But there are some people out there that help others without being hired for it.

And so it is with that that I have invited the heroic Jedi to my family's apartment in Ilic. There is a guest hall within that is grand enough for the delicious banquet that I plan on being served. I am unaware of her financial standing or dietary needs. Yet I hope that it will be opulent enough to be satisfying.

I read quietly in the drawing room as I await my guest. Normally at this time of day I like to paint. However I am quite certain that my Mother would have my head if I had gotten even a little splash of paint on myself before dinner. So it is by reading that I choose to pass the time.

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: dress
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Valery still wasn't quite sure how to feel about it.

Jedi worked selflessly to help people throughout the Galaxy — no reward, and there was never a need for recognition. So when she received an invitation to have dinner with the woman whose life she saved, Valery felt somewhat conflicted. Did she jeopardize something by accepting it? Or was it just a kind gesture that wouldn't really change anything?

Ultimately, she decided to accept it.

The woman she was meeting was an important politician for New Cov, so she likely had some expectations from her guest as well. It's for this reason that Valery had changed into a new dress Thelma Goth Thelma Goth had made her, before taking a civilian shuttle to the woman's apartment.

When she finally arrived, Valery carefully knocked on the door three times and waited for Liin to open.

The knock on my door comes at the perfect moment. I had just finished a chapter in my story, so now is an ideal time to set it down. I place the silk ribbon within the pages and set it on the small endtable while I rise to my feet. I straighten out my dress before striding towards the door and open it to see my heroic guest on the other side. Her own gown is quite revealing. It made me wonder if she had a date to go on afterwards. If so then I will do my best not to take up too much of her time.

Who knew that Jedi could dress like normal people?

"Welcome. I am so glad that you could attend. A small banquet is being prepared in your honor. Shall we check on it's progress and see if it is ready?"

I give her a polite smile that is more genuine than what is usually standard among politicians. This woman is my hero and I owe her for my freedom and my life.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Tag:

"That sounds wonderful," Valery said with a warm smile, but also a sense of relief. The woman had dressed up as well, which made her at least not feel completely overdressed. She then stepped inside and looked around for a moment, but it was the smell of food being prepared that really drew her attention. Both because she looked forward to a good meal, and because she loved to cook herself.

Perhaps she'd be able to pick up some new ideas or recipes as well.

"How have you been since the crash?" Valery then asked, genuinely curious about the woman. "I hope it hasn't been too difficult to move forward too. The jungles can't be underestimated and those people we encountered were quite dangerous."

I lead her through the drawing room in a casual pace. We are not in a rush, afterall! At least when it comes to walking we are not.

I speak to the Jedi Lady as we walk. "I have been well, thank you. My ankle is fully healed and a new dress was purchased to replace the one that was destroyed." I do not reveal the nightmares that have persisted at times. Such personal things are best left kept close to the chest and private. No one needs to know about them, for is always the chance that such information can be used against me in the future. "Security has been stepped up. Funerals were held for my lost staff. To tell you the truth, it was the first time that I had been out in the jungles, and that is something that I hope to never go through again. It is much safer on this side of the domes." It makes me wonder if kidnapping attempts of that ilk would happen here again. I certainly hope not.

"Have you been out in the jungles a lot?"

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Tag:

"I'm sorry about your staff," Valery began, knowing that losing people was by far the most difficult thing. Ankles could heal, but the wounds of loss were sometimes very difficult to recover from. "But it is good to hear that you've recovered, and I quite like the dress you have as well." She chuckled and beamed the woman a brighter smile, as they walked through the drawing room. Valery wasn't in a rush and actually felt somewhat relaxed for once.

Her husband and the kids were at home safe and well, and she was meeting someone who actually seemed to care about New Cov. In all of her years living on the planet as a Jedi, she had rarely met anybody who cared beyond financial gains.

"The Jungles are best left untouched unless you really know what you're doing," Valery agreed, which brought her straight to answering the woman's question as well. "I practically grew up in them. My old Jedi Enclave is built somewhere deep within the jungles on a hill, so we were taught how to safely navigate through the jungles."

"It's a lesson that I still want to touch my Padawans today as well. Recognizing, avoiding, and when necessary, confronting danger are all lessons worth learning for Jedi."

I bow my head this time as the Jedi gives her condolences. I do not have friends so much as I have my staff. Finding the perfect people to replace them is no easy task! And I worry about losing any more as I gain more of the spotlight. Perhaps it is that people like me are meant to be without close associates lest they be used against us.

I still wonder who those ladies were that tried to kidnap me. More than likely it was for ransom. That is how it goes, does it not?

I smile as she compliments my dress. "Thank you. It is very comfortable. Your own dress is perfect for our climate." In the biodomes the temperature is well regulated and differences in weather never occur. I have watched dozens of rainstorms from the safety of the domes, never getting wet from them. The pitter-patter of the raindrops on the transparasteel domes can be soothing at times.

"I suppose that growing up in the jungles makes them and their dangers easier to navigate. I have heard among my staff that there are people that would not dare wage a war of words with politicians due to the consequences they can bring about. But that is a danger that I would rather face than those outside of the safety of the domes." I have been criticized for 'living in a bubble', however is it really much different than someone that spends their entire life in the confines of a ship? I think not.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Thank you, this dress is..." Well, it was a lot of things, and she didn't actually wear it much. Too revealing, so she usually kept it for events she attended together with her husband. But it was probably the nicest dress she had, so she had also chosen to wear it for this little trip away from home.

"It's nice," she did clarify with a chuckle.

When the topic shifted to the dangers of the jungles versus politicians, Valery frowned briefly, "The jungles are a more... guaranteed thread to your life, but don't underestimate politics. Not long ago, a bill about Denon was denied in the Alliance senate that caused a lot of outrage. I decided to travel to Denon to ease the tension somewhat, but I never made it to the meeting." She briefly turned to look at Liin, her gaze more serious. "They tried to assassinate me by blowing up the train I was on."

Similarly, Liin had already been targeted as well, so it was only a matter of time before it would happen again. She'd have to be extremely careful.

"I do hope that it doesn't scare you - the work you do is important, so I hope that you never back down. Just be aware of the risks you're taking, and address them properly."

I cannot hide the surprise after hearing that someone tried to have her assassinated. And all for what? For trying to ease tensions among two conflicting sides?

Although I hope that the attempt in kidnapping me was not for an assassination; that does not make it any less concerning.

"May I ask what the bill was about?" Denon is a heavily populated planet, much like Coruscant. I cannot imagine living there. Despite never venturing out into the jungles of New Cov, I would miss their breathtaking views. There is something to be said about being a reclusive world. I just hope that war will continue to stay far away from here. I would not like to bear witness to seeing the jungles burning.

Politics in dangerous. I know that well enough. And the bodyguards that travel with me have only increased in size and variety. I can only hope that they will not often be needed.

New_Cov.png

New Cov
div-orange.png
Tag:

"It was about starting a series of investigations on Denon. The planet has been somewhat... out of control, and somehow it didn't go through." She frowned and let out a soft, but frustrated sigh. All of her history with Denon was terrible — multiple assassination attempts, pure chaos and she had learned the hard way that nobody there could truly be trusted. It made her all the more relieved that she wasn't a politician or someone who had to deal with it on a daily basis.

She had other things to worry about.

"What is it you're currently working on for New Cov if you don't mind me asking?" Valery continued, hoping to shift the conversation in a more positive direction.

I quirk a brow as she speaks of the corruption on Denon. It is very obvious that there are many in their government that do not want their own crimes discovered. How unfortunate it is to hear of such things. It makes me wonder how popular such corruption is. No doubt it makes for a very unstable environment.

The conversation is then directed away from that of Denon and onto New Cov. More importantly she asks what it is that I am working on. How wonderful it is to gain such recognition!

I smile to her and pause at one of the windows in the hallway that overlooks part of Ilic. "I have been working with some of our scientists to create new products with our biomolecules, and thereby widening the scope of our customer base. There is much benefit to be had all around if I am successful."

I have even travelled outside of New Cov to other worlds to meet with people in person. And some have even come here to meet with me. I find that I am doing well for myself and I could not be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom