Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Treasures of the Past

v.2.png

Objective: Seek help from a friend
Equipment: Lightsaber, Echani sword, 2x blaster pistols, 1x blaster rifle
Outfit: Casual
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Cedwyn had found something. A link to his past. But he couldn't figure it out, it was some kind of puzzle box, something that was linked heavily to the Light Side of the Force, something that he had attempted to open but it blasted him back. It knew what he knew, his soul was tainted, he wasn't a Jedi and he was far, far from worthy. So, he had to travel to the only person he could trust and confine in about this issue. Especially since he knew the possibilities and the dangers of not being able to open this puzzle. If his memory served him correctly, his old Jedi home held weapons, weapons in a vault the Sith raiders did not access when they attacked decades ago. If it was still there, then it was something that could be used by the New Jedi Order, something that could be used for good once again.

That's why he had to see Valery. That's why he didn't approach her while she was recovering, they worked well while on business, that was all they could do well together. He knew that, at least, that was all he kept telling himself whenever he would wonder how she was doing with her recovery.

Visiting Coruscant also gave him a chance to hand in a couple bounties and check out new areas that he could try seeking some credits at, he also knew that there could be some good side businesses in trading some spice and other smuggled goods on the lower levels before he visited the Jedi Temple. While he was doing what he could to help the good fight against imperials, Cedwyn couldn't help but want to earn a little more in credits through some less than legal side businesses. It was harmless!

By the time he arrived at the temple, he was free of any spice and had a lot more credits to check out some new weapons that could be available. He greeted the guards at the entrance of the Jedi Temple who abruptly stopped him.

"Where do you think you are going bounty hunter?" A deep, somewhat judgemental voice called out.

Cedwyn gave a friendly smile, "Here on business lads, found a Jedi artefact that I figured your Sword would love to check out. So, let me through and I'll even put in a good word to her for ya!" He gave a light chuckle.

"Need you to hand over your weapons if you are entering otherwise you can stand here, and wait till Master Noble comes outside to see you." The voice was not accepting his friendly attitude at all. These Jedi were serious with their guard duties.

Cedwyn knew better than to try bribing a Jedi, that never worked before. "How about I hand over everything but the Lightsaber, can't give that up. And I am sure Valery can handle a guy like me carrying a Lightsaber!" He countered.

The guard shook their head, "it is not Master Noble we are concerned about, you could attack any number of students or Jedi Knights inside, could be lying about your intentions to see Master Noble."

Smart Jedi. "Fair point, you have no reason to trust me, I'd kill you both for a million credits, I would. So, how about you walk me to Valery's office, that way you don't worry I go on a murder spree and anything tricky happens you call the alarm. Win-win!"

"Or you just wait here." It was a firm tone, Cedwyn sighed, it did not seem like he had much choice and he couldn't blame them either.

"Fine, fine. Call her, but no good word from me to her about you Frank!"

"My name isn't Frank."

Cedwyn shook his head, the joke flew over the guy's head clearly. He took a few steps back as they attempted to contact Valery about the fact there was a bounty hunter here to visit her about some artefact. Hopefully she would see him.

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd

Well, this was unexpected.

Valery was relieved that the guards had stopped him, not because there was any personal reason for it, but it's what they were tasked to do. Nobody, other than Jedi, were allowed entrance to the Temple. It was a rule to preserve what the Jedi had built and were meant to protect, and a method to ensure that the younger Jedi were always safe. But that didn't mean the Temple couldn't occasionally receive visitors, and today that seemed to be the case.

The guards had not offered a name of the man who was waiting, but the brief description gave her quite a good impression already. By the time she made her way down from the Council Chambers, and was able to sense his presence in the Force, she knew exactly who was there.

But why?

"Cedwyn?" Valery asked after stepping out of the Temple. With a dip of her head, she signaled the guard that everything was alright, so he stepped back and just kept his eyes on the visitor.

"What brings you here?"

v.2.png

"Valery!" She had arrived and he gave her a warm smile, it was good to see that she was willing to see him.

It also seemed that she was not interested in exchanging pleasantries either. "No, how are you? Doing well thanks, heard you been through a rough deal with the whole kidnapping and Sith torture. I know a bit about that myself, so you can talk to me if you need to it can be a tough thing to handle. Nope, straight to business cool," he chuckled deeply, he liked that she was business focused, it was good for him but he also couldn't help but give her a little tease.

It wouldn't be Cedwyn if he didn't.

He paused though, this was something personal, something he didn't want to exactly share outside in front of everyone. "I found something. Something connected to my old Jedi Temple. But I can't access it. Not... Not after everything." He still carried the shame of surrendering to the Dark Side but he knew it was there and he knew it would be forever, he felt too powerful without it. "So, I thought we could discuss it in your office and you could help me out with what I've found."

Taking a step towards her, "I think it could do your order a lot of good. And if we don't figure this out then someday, some Sith or whatever will figure a way to get there and take whatever my old temple hides for themselves." His wording was careful, his voice low to avoid being over heard. He was being cautious and he knew that Valery would understand he couldn't share everything in this public setting.

"I can explain it all, honestly. Just not here, why I was hoping to catch you in your office."

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery rolled her eyes at first when he began to talk, but squinted when he so casually brought up that she had been captured and tortured. It wasn't something she really talked about with anybody except for those closest to her, and she especially didn't feel like talking about it at random points during the day. "I'd rather talk about business than such personal things," she told him flatly before briefly glancing over her shoulder, noting that the guard was also still just right there.

Turning back to Cedwyn, she listened to what he said about his reason for visiting. An Old Jedi Temple that had likely not been accessed in quite a while, and had items stored that couldn't fall into the wrong hands?

Even if it was just another simplistic Jedi structure, she'd have wanted to access it, but now she didn't really want to waste any time to get there.

"I can't bring you into the Temple. We don't allow outsiders to enter for safety reasons. But if this is a place we can go to now, why don't we head to your ship and talk there or along the way? The details matter, but I don't need to hear them, to know that I want to go there," she said with a polite smile.

These types of things were important to her.

v.2.png

It was clear from her body language and the shortness of her tone with Cedwyn that his joke did not go down well. He nodded his head, his hands on his hips as he looked at her, Cedwyn sighed, "apologies Jedi Master. I was attempting to lighten the mood since it had been a while since we last spoke and a lot had happened." His tone was sincere, he had hoped to adapt into an easy flow of things between them. His hands stuffed into his jacket pockets and he looked at her with his cold steel gaze. He didn't shift his gaze from her but acknowledged that there were things she did not wish to speak about publicly as well.

When he mentioned his old Jedi Temple, that seemed to pique the Jedi Master's interest. Valery still refused to allow him into the Jedi Temple, which was frustrating but shifting things to his ship was an acceptable alternative.

"Means you will have to join me on the speeder bike I came here on if you find that acceptable." Cedwyn stated, his tone casual as he walked towards the speeder bike that he had rented to travel around Coruscant. He jumped on and shifted to leave enough room for Valery if she wanted to join him on the transport.

"Shouldn't take us long to get to the ship. Getting to the temple is not going to be as easy as I will it could be for us." Cedwyn admitted, he was determined to go back there even though he was never going to be the man that he wanted to be.

Last edited:

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"You could have requested to land outside the Temple with your shuttle. There are some landing pads that don't require you to enter the Temple's Hangar," Valery said, mostly so he'd know for future visits. Not that she expected him to be flying over to the Jedi Temple very often, but it didn't hurt to at least mention it. For now, though, they'd have to travel to the nearest spaceport, so she dipped her head in agreement and followed him to the speeder.

After settling in the passenger seat, she nodded that she was ready and waited for them to get going. It would be impossible for anybody to overhear the conversation, so she decided to already start asking some questions. The more she was able to learn, the better it would be.

"I assume the Temple can't really be reached with a ship? But what kind of planet is it on, and are there any particular dangers we need to prepare for?" Jedi Temples weren't exactly built to have traps, but the environment could be tricky. The New Cov Temple and its position within extremely dangerous jungles being an example of that.

"Or does it require a Jedi to open? Some Temples have special locking mechanisms that require the Force to unlock."

v.2.png

Valery mentioned that he could have landed closer to the temple. "I had some other businesses to conduct before I came to seek out your help. Landing where I did, it was for the best. However, I will keep note of that in future if you end up needing to request my help for a tricky matter." Cedwyn winked to her as she shifted behind him on the speeder bike.

Cedwyn pushed forward and sped through the city towards the dock. Valery decided that now was a suitable time to question him about the Jedi Temple. They were probably very unlikely to be overheard while they sped along. "The location of the temple was lost." Cedwyn shouted to let Valery hear him over the rushing air of the speeder bike.

"As far as I know, I am the sole survivor of my Jedi Temple. The only map to find this temple is locked away in a puzzle. I tried to open it but my connection to the Force is tainted, it refuses access to anyone not a Jedi." Cedwyn slowed down as they neared the docks. "The temple itself is likely taken over by the wildlife and plant life. It has been over a decade since anyone has been there."

Cedwyn's mind recalled the last time he was there, the trauma, the pain. "The temple didn't have defenses I can recall, but the vault. That was locked, that is where the most valuable weapons to the Jedi were stored. That was what my Master told me." He confessed, parking the bike by his ship, he slid off and offered a hand to help Valery off it as well.

"The puzzle to the map is on my ship, it is designed like a holocron. Only a Jedi can open it, to solve the puzzle, it doesn't need just someone of pure Light Side but someone who is pure of soul and mind." Cedwyn explained, feeling the shame of failure deep inside, he was never going to be good enough and needed to help from Valery.

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

At least this wasn't entirely unheard of.

As they cruised towards his ship, Valery listened and made mental notes of what to expect. Opening a "puzzle" or some kind of device that required the Force to unlock wasn't exactly new to her. Just the requirements that seemed to be tied to this particular one were a bit more unique. It required a Jedi, pure of soul and mind? While she was certainly a Jedi, even Valery wondered just how pure she was at times.

Everything she had done as a Jedi Shadow was perhaps not the most pure form of expression for a Jedi, even if it was typically seen as a necessary course of action.

"If the Temple itself is mostly safe, this shouldn't be too much of an issue," Valery said as she climbed out of the speeder and studied him for a moment. He seemed bothered that he couldn't open this item himself, and Valery felt a bit bad for him. But it was also in his own hands to change that, and for one reason or another, he couldn't.

"Alright, show me the puzzle and let's get started, hm?"

v.2.png

Cedwyn wandered up the ramp to his ship, he felt his heart was heavy with his disappointment but there was nothing he could change in his mind. He needed to do and be the person he was right now and he couldn't see past the dark veil that was around him.

Pausing, he noticed the state of his ship, he had been sleeping in his ship and not taking the best care of things. The stresses of having this map but not being worthy, not allowed to go home since the Jedi Temple was where he was raised, where he actually felt cared for and looked after. Cedwyn was banished realistically. His frustrations with the situation, the depression, the anger, it was displayed in the mess, the roughness of how he had been living in comparison to where he was normally a bit prouder, a bit more luxurious.

Cedwyn stepped forward, opening a cupboard space that was high up. Searching through the space before grabbing the device, the puzzle piece. It was a device that looked classic holocron in appearance but the Force did not flow through it in the way a holocron was connected to it. He held it in his hand, breathing in deeply, he turned to Valery.

"From what I remember from when my Jedi Master used this device... You connect to it, you let the device feel your connection to the Force. It should then start unravelling but also you need to focus on the desire to locate the temple." Cedwyn stated, he walked over to her, taking her hand and placed the device into her hands. "Once activated, I can help decipher to puzzle since it requires some shifting around." From what Cedwyn remembered it was more a chinese puzzle box once it was activated.

He looked Valery in the eyes with his steel cold eyes, "the temple itself might not have much in defences but there could be traps made through the Force. So the threats to us might be whatever we take with us." Cedwyn was hinting more to the demons he constantly faced over Valery but it was not walk through the Temple, especially with what was being guarded.

Taking his hands off hers, Cedwyn took a few steps back to let Valery do her work.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Looking around the interior of the ship, Valery couldn't help but notice the rather rough state it was in. If she didn't know any better, she'd have believed him to actually just be a pig, but this was different. His home, in a way, represented the way he was feeling internally, and with his Old Temple potentially being found and accessed again, there was a lot of turmoil. It wasn't something Valery felt to be appropriate to ask or talk about, and perhaps that was for the best.

By being focused on the puzzle and getting into the Temple, he'd be a little distracted from it all, and hopefully it'd help him somehow at the same time. She doubted that he'd really be able to confront his demons just from one day to another, but every little step helped, and this seemed like a big one.

After a moment, Cedwyn returned with the puzzle, and placed it into her hand while he explained more about it. "Alright, everything seems clear to me," she said, her eyes studying the device in her hands for a long moent. Sometimes, it felt so strange to know that something this small controlled so much, but the Force was a mysterious things, and could make what seemed impossible happen sometimes.

For better, or for worse.

"Let's hope this works. I can tell this is important to you," Valery said, before she closed her eyes and focused on the flow of the Force, while she steadied her breathing. It was a natural thing for her to connect with items or people through the Force, so this process wasn't too difficult. She only wondered if her desire to find this temple was strong enough for this puzzle to accept her. Of course, she wanted to access old Jedi Temples and help preserve them, but these desires weren't as deep as the personal ones from someone like Cedwyn.

v.2.png

The device started to glow dimly as the Force between Valery and the device connected. It was not the strength of need that Cedwyn had given but that wasn't necessarily an issue, his Master was never using devices like this one in desperation. A calm determination, that was always how he saw his Master, never worried. Perhaps that was he often sought out help from Valery or turned to her as someone to work on a mission with. Valery felt very similar to his Master.

Cedwyn waited as Valery tried her best with the device. There was a click and Cedwyn knew instantly that the device had been activated. He took it briefly, "well done, that is the first step." Cedwyn started pushing the buttons, attempting to solve the puzzle box, "it should go here and then twist this side." Cedwyn's face was deep in concentration and he was fixated on solving the puzzle. "Here..." He paused, the last piece was sticking out and clearly needed to be pushed inside. Cedwyn was hesitating as he stared intensely at the final piece. It was the only thing that was preventing him from going home, his home.

"Cedwyn Blaidd. What do you think you are doing?" His Master's voice called out in a stern, neutral tone.

"I am just looking around Master, I was hoping to discover some secrets." Cedwyn responded with a hint of mischief in his tone, "I wanted to see what was here that I could use to win our next spar!" There was eagerness to win in his tone.

His Master tutted disappointedly, "the tools here are not devices that you use to win, they are dangerous if you do not respect what they hold young one. Seeking victory at all costs is not our way. Remember this."

Cedwyn bowed his head, disappointed in his actions had not impressed his Master. "I understand Master, I am sorry to constantly disappoint you."

"You do not disappoint, you are bold and headstrong, you will be a great Jedi. Once you learn how to discipline yourself." His Master offered a softer tone, "now, let us begin our training today!"

Cedwyn's mind returned to focus on the device once more. The memory lingered, he wasn't sure why that memory came to mind. Perhaps in a way it was his Master through the Force telling him that he was not disappointing her, even now. "Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts." Cedwyn's voice a little shaky, he was not looking his usual calm, suave self as he pushed in the final piece of the puzzle. It activated the device to open and within was a data spike, "This. This should have the information that can lead us to the temple. I..." His voice trailed off as he took the spike and headed to his cockpit.

At the navicomputer, Cedwyn inserted the spike into computer, it revealed the location of the temple was on an unmapped world. "Here. It's here. I... I know you said you would come with me. But this will be bringing a lot of memories, good and bad, for me and it will tough for me. We are not friends, so I would understand if you are not comfortable in joining me and seeing me deal with those things. But I would appreciate your company, you are one of the few people I have maintained contact with that I can trust."

It was the first time that Cedwyn had opened up. No corny flirting, cheesy pick up lines or cocky attitude. He was being genuine and revealing the troubles that he held within. The pain that still gripped him to this day.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"You seem to know your way around this puzzle," Valery said with a raised eyebrow when she watched him manipulate the mechanism. Either he had remembered this puzzle from long ago, studied schematics of some kind, or just researched a lot about these types of devices. Whatever he had done to prepare, it seemed to pay off now — he was going through it much faster than Valery would have.

But right before solving it, Cedwyn stopped.

Valery didn't know what was happening exactly, but he seemed to be drawn into his own mind for a moment. Was getting closer to his old Temple making him hesitate? Or perhaps he just remembered something that took him a moment to process. Either way, Valery waited and offered a reassuring smile when he looked at her again. "You made it seem very simple, but let's go take a look," she said before they headed to the cockpit.

Once inserted into the computer, a map was revealed that detailed its location. "Strange that the Jedi built a Temple on an unmapped world. Was it meant to be a retreat in case of emergencies? Or to safely train young Jedi without risking trouble?" she asked curiously. Even stranger was the fact that there were no records at all. Unless they were removed by someone.

Cedwyn then turned to her, and what followed briefly got Valery to remain quiet again before she dipped her head, "I'll come along. I know what it's like to visit your old home, so I understand the feelings it brings up. I'm not one to judge, and while I can't help you process everything, I can at the very least make sure that we get through whatever we find there okay."

v.2.png

Cedwyn offered a smile to Valery. "My Jedi Master demonstrated it several times. I would always study her when she used such devices." He confessed as she followed him to the cockpit.

Looking back at her, he wasn't sure if she was looking for an actual answer or not, "it was an Order that believed training Padawans, especially younglings like I was, needed to be done on unmapped worlds. Away from prying eyes and off the Sith radar. Unfortunately, this also meant that they had no real protections for when the Sith attacked." Cedwyn wasn't sure if what his old Order had done was good or bad, since he did live many years in peace but their lack of help from larger Jedi Orders meant that they failed to survive when the Sith did find them.

"I appreciate you coming along. Journey there shouldn't take too long once we are in hyperspace but if you wish to meditate, there is a empty spare bedroom that you can use." Cedwyn pointed to the ladder that lead to the private cabins, there was one that he had spared. He then slid into the pilot seat and started tapping away at the controls, guiding the ship out of the atmosphere and ready to jump to the world now that they had the location. "I... I was remembering that my Jedi Master would tell me as a Padawan that I could not disappoint her. I always fear that if she was to see who I was now, she would be disappointed with how I turned out. That was what had me hesitating with the final piece of the puzzle." Cedwyn confessed, he hoped that Valery didn't mind him being a little vulnerable around her on this.

It had been things he needed to share with someone for awhile now.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"It's not too different from my old Enclave. It was built within one of the Galaxy's most dangerous jungles, so very few people dared to go there, if they could even figure out it was there to begin with." Similarly, her Temple did not stand the test of time either, and was rebuilt by her husband years ago. Perhaps this would be similar, and allow the Jedi as a whole to make use of another Temple where they could safely train.

They'd just have to be mindful of the growing Sith presence in the Galaxy.

"I'm fine, but thanks for the offer," Valery then said when he brought up meditating. She was focused, and preferred to talk a little more to him about this Temple and its past. "About this Temple — I do hope it's not too close to where the Sith are. If it's in a safe enough location, maybe other Jedi can later visit it as well."

Valery then looked at him as he made a confession, and understood where that belief came from. Some Jedi definitely would feel that he gave up on who he was for touching the Dark Side, but his own Master was likely a different case. "I don't think she's disappointed, as long as you're not disappointed with yourself. We all make choices in life, and unless you're causing unnecessary harm to people, the only true mistake is a decision you aren't satisfied with yourself."

v.2.png

Nodding his head, Cedwyn was surprised that Valery had come from a similar Enclave. Cedwyn didn't realise that was something that she shared with him, but then again, they were not really talking about their personal lives but focused on missions and killing Mawite remnants. "It seems that we might have from a group of Jedi with very similar mindsets. It was certainly a necessity at one point or another for Jedi, perhaps having these enclaves so isolated would be necessary once more in the future." Cedwyn shrugged, things always seemed to swing from one direction to another.

"From what I can see on the map, seems to be close to Elyriat system on one of the tendrils of the galaxy. Unlikely to be near any Sith factions or imperial remnants." Cedwyn tapped on the screen, to show Valery where the planet was located from the information they had. The idea of other Jedi coming and visiting his old home, it was conflicting, it was what the temple had been for but it was also not something he had been keen on the idea of. "We'll have to see, perhaps it will be too destroyed to be of any use." Cedwyn wasn't sure what he was wishing for.

He offered Valery a grateful smile at her kind words about how his former Master would feel about him and how it was important for him to not be disappointed in himself. "Appreciated Master Jedi." Cedwyn stated then turned back to the controls, "seems we are coming out of hyperspace shortly. Shouldn't be a difficult landing but the world hasn't be inhabited by humanoids for couple decades now so who knows what we will be facing down there."

Shorting out the controls of his ship, he felt them drop out of hyperspace and saw the brightly coloured world where he had grown up. "It's said that the waters here have the Force flowing through them, and that is what you can see here. But, could have just been stories to excite a youngling I guess." Cedwyn laughed at himself a little as he couldn't help but admire the view once more. It had been so long since he had seen it.

Landing on the surface wasn't difficult but exiting, it was easy to see why for Echani, Cedwyn had pretty dark complexion, the sun was bright and the temperature was warm. "Hopefully you don't mind the heat Master Jedi, it is warmer than I remember." He chuckled, then pointed towards the horizon, "there should be an entrance to the temple about an hour's walk. Landing there would have been impossible, the temple had security measures to prevent that that I had no why of bypassing. Hopefully you can survive my company long enough for the walk." He gave her a teasing wink as he began walking forward.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Yeah, that's quite far out there," Valery said as she studied the map. It does make it a fairly safe place to go, so that was an added bonus if they decided to ever do more with this Temple. "It doesn't matter much if it's in ruins. My old Temple was too, and we ended up rebuilding it. To me, nobody owns a Temple that was built to support so many, so if there's a way to make it a home to Jedi once more, I personally think we should." Of course, if it was logistically impossible or too dangerous for whatever reason, there would be an exception.

But she hoped he wouldn't get in the way if there was a chance to make it a lively place once more.

"I doubt they'll have proper landing zones, so we'll have to find a clearing," she then said with a nod, as they discussed their approach and landing. They were coming out of Hyperspace already, and the world that was revealed was one of beauty, drawing Valery in for a long moment before she turned back to Cedwyn. "Open your mind to the Force, and I'm sure you'll know that those stories weren't just stories. The Force is strong down there," she said, which also offered them another reason as to why the Jedi chose this place for a Temple.

It was far easier to connect with the Force here.

But with that, the two soon made their landing, and stepped out into quite the heat. Valery didn't seem bothered by it, however, and chuckled a bit at his comment. "I was raised in a Jungle where it gets plenty hot. I'll be fine," she assured him, before following him towards the Temple. "But if the Temple has security measures to keep you from landing there, I'd also assume they have other defenses. Jedi aren't exactly known to put deadly traps around their strongholds, but let's be careful."

v.2.png

"Jungle temps would make sense. Just wanted to give a heads up." Cedwyn smiled to her. He had already left his jacket on the ship, his arms bared for the first time in awhile, his scars and tattoos on show as his shirt's sleeves were rolled up.

Wandering forward, "I don't think there are traps, unless the Sith left them when they raided this temple. The defence was a simple shield generator. I wasn't sure if it would still be active or not since the attack by the Sith but didn't want to risk the chance of crashing into the shield if it was still active." Cedwyn wasn't able to really ensure that the were no shields when scanned the world for a location to land so he aired on the side of caution.

"I," he started then paused, unsure how to say what was on his mind correctly. "I know that you are wanting to open this up to the Jedi once more as a base. But this could also be a place perfect for training Force Users like myself, those who do not wish to be Jedi but also do not wish to be Sith. I am not saying Jedi couldn't come here as well, but if you turn this into a purely Jedi Enclave, then you would be preventing me from returning here. Perhaps this could be a haven not for Jedi but for those attuned to the Force who are looking to do good."

He didn't want to step in Valery ways or plans but he wasn't a Jedi and that meant he couldn't visit the temple on Coruscant, he felt that the Jedi were estranging themselves from those who might not want or feel able to be Jedi and this place could be somewhere where both could meet. It wasn't going to be easy, but so far only two of them knew the temple's location, from Cedwyn's viewpoint, this could be ideal for a training place for those who were like him or those who weren't comfortable with who the Jedi were but still wanting to do good.

They reached an edge of the desert, there was a ravine where a large river flowed from a mountain in the distant into the great lake far to their left. "Here is where the entrance lies, takes someone attuned to the Force to open." Cedwyn explained as he reached forward in the Force, parting the river slowly to reveal a door that laid underneath. Grunting hard, he extended his other hand and slid the door forward, to reveal the stairs that would lead into the temple. "You go first." Cedwyn grunted hard, his focus on keeping the river parted for them to enter.

Following Valery down the stairs, Cedwyn would turn around and slide the door securely back into place and release his grip on the water. Leaning against the wall, he panted hard, his forehead had beads of sweat on it. Using his shirt, he wiped the beads away before looking to Valery, "that... That was a lot harder than my Master made it seem. The... The temple should be down here, it isn't all underground, it's carved into a cliff so it does get plenty of light." He didn't want it to seem like his old home was a dark and gloomy place due to the entrance.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery perked a brow at the point he was trying to make about the Temple's future, but nodded after a moment, "I understand, but this Temple was built by the Jedi, for the Jedi. Do you think it's fair to put your personal situation above that?" Valery asked at first, just to spark deeper thought about the subject. "That said, it hasn't been used in forever, and the Jedi are not numerous enough to constantly have people at every Temple that was once built in the Galaxy. It could maybe be repurposed, but I wouldn't make any conclusions about it until we've seen all of it."

She paused for a moment and looked at him, "Don't forget that the only reason you're here is because a Jedi opened that puzzle for you. If the Temple was built to only be accessed by Jedi, I don't believe you should try to change that." With that said, she continued the path towards the Temple, but stopped once they reached a flowing river by a wide lake. She could feel something beyond it, but it wasn't until Cedwyn began to part the water that she understood how the Temple could be accessed.

It seemed that opening the way was quite draining as well, so she wasted no time and quickly made her way down to the stairs, so Cedwyn could release his grip on the water. Still, he seemed exhausted after it, so she stopped for a moment, allowing him to catch his breath and wipe away the sweat that formed.

"Are there other things like that to get there? I can help open Force-locked doors or entryways, you know."

v.2.png

"I am not attempting to put my situation above that. I am attempting to offer an olive branch of meshing our worlds together. I know that in the past I have not exactly shone as a beacon of light or someone wanting to do good. However, for awhile, I was lost. Working alongside people like you, that changed things for me, I won't become a Jedi, that life isn't for me. But I can do more good and allowing others, who feel similar to me have a place open to them and Jedi, to train, working alongside one another. That could help everyone."

Cedwyn shrugged, "yes, you were crucial to getting here, but you would have no clue this existed. That there were weapons here to help you, without me." He pointed out, "my efforts are just as valid as your own and I am not a Jedi."

After he recovered he followed Valery down the stairs towards the temple. "No, nothing like that. Not till we reach the vault at least." Cedwyn explained as they walked down, "the vault is locked specifically that two strong Force Users had to unlock it. This was meant to prevent Padawans randomly getting in and ensured only those with permission from the council would have access to the vault." Cedwyn stated as he saw the bright light from the sun, showing they were close to the exit of the dark stairs.

The temple's open entrance floor was large, once a grand room now degraded by the desert sand and the marks of Lightsaber fights and blaster scorch marks. The once large, grand tree of life and harmony in the middle of the room was dead and had decayed. The floor was covered in a layer of sand, it was clear that it had been long since anyone had entered the temple. "This was never busy as a temple, but there wasn't such an emptiness to it."

Cedwyn felt a shiver travel down his spine, this place felt dead, a ghost town to him. "We would celebrate Life Day here, decorate the tree, exchange presents. It was the best place to see the great lake as well." He stepped forward, to the open space that looked out to the large lake that swirled with white. "Feels smaller now." Cedwyn commented.

His mind was lost in memories of the past. He then caught himself and shook his head, "the vault is... It's down there." He pointed towards next chamber that had stairs leading down. "Near the training halls." Cedwyn swallowed hard, the training halls was where his Master died, where many of his friends died. He wasn't sure what he would see down there.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"my efforts are just as valid as your own and I am not a Jedi."

"You're missing my point," Valery said as she looked at him again. "My point is that if you physically require a Jedi pure of heart to decipher a puzzle, you physically won't be able to make it inside. It's not about what we want or what decision we make — what I did was something you couldn't do at all, even though you knew exactly how to solve the puzzle when I opened it. If that stops other non-Jedi from getting inside when there's no Jedi around to help them, then they have a problem."

Either way, Valery continued to walk forward, and looked around as more of the Temple was exposed for them to see. While she could tell it was old, the Temple was still rather beautiful, like many others were. More than that, it was also a home to Jedi, and she could tell it really had been to Cedwyn.

"It's a lovely Temple," Valery commented with a soft smile as he talked about Life Day, and brought them into an open space that allowed them to look across the lake.

She could already imagine herself as a Padawan having way too much fun over there.

"The vault isn't going anywhere, so if you want to go to the training halls first... we can," Valery said cautiously, having noticed the way the Force around him shifted when he brought it up. Now that they were all the way out here, they might as well see more of the Temple than just the vault, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom