Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Travel Logs

Samatharis

S
Sam finally let herself smile a bit. Things were finally going her way.

She sat down in the co-pilot's seat and strapped in. The ship lurched forward and tore through the open Corellian sky. They broke atmo and moved to clear the gravity well of the planet. Then, Basil hit the button to make the jump to Hyperspace. And they were off.

"Oo. Finally." Sam gave a sigh of relief as she checked the shield systems, "Feels good to finally be off. ETA to Denon... Mm? Six hours. Perfect."

She leaned back in her seat and nodded to the dancing blue stars outside the cockpit. Awesome.

~ Dweet dwoo?! ~ Came the sudden beeping sound of an Astromech droid wheeling itself into the cockpit. ~ Beddle beddle dee?! ~

Sam turned about to eye the silver and blue droid. It seemed surprised to see them.

"Uhh? Basil?" She pointed to the confused droid behind them, "...I think the ship's staff is wondering why we left port?"

Hopefully Giles knew what to do. It was his father's ship after all. Surly he knew these robots? Right?

Therax Milbon Therax Milbon

Therax Milbon

Just a man with a Lightsaber and a few questions
Basil turned around hearing the familiar beeping noise. "R6?!" The young man practically jumped out from his chair and ran towards his old Droid. "It's been years buddy!" Basil wrapped his arms around the Astromech's circular body who responded with a happy assortment of beeps and whirs. " Samatharis " Basil said with a huge, dorky grin spread across his face. "I would like you to meet R6, a droid I've built from scratch. Don't worry he won't tell anyone we're here!"

Samatharis

S
Sam snickered a bit. Funny how every astromech droid she ever meet turned out to be somebodies pet. Classic.

"Excellent. Wonderful to meet you R6. Sorry about the quick take off. I'm sure Basil here will explain everything in good time."

She unbuckled and made for the cabin.

"Well. If you two gentlemen will excuse me. I'll find a cabin and the ladies room."

She took her duffle with her and went to explore the ship a little. They had a few hours to kill. Best to spend them comfortably.

"Giles. Let me know when we've reached Denon and we'll recalculate for the CIS border. Then onto Naboo."

If everything went smoothly at the border this was going to be an easy trip.

Therax Milbon

R6 whirred happily at Samatharis response, Basil knelt down next to his droid companion examining his holoprojector. "Hey R6," Basil asked activating the holoprojector and flipping through the recordings. "Were there any signs of my Dad lately?"

The Droid shook his head beeping. "So he is on another political business trip huh?" Basil asked getting up and heading towards the cockpit. "Why didn't he take the starship?"

R6 bleeped in response. "My dad had a friend to pick him up?" Basil said sitting down. "Dad was more of a take charge kind of guy he would take it as an insult to have someone pick him up. If he could swim in space to get to his destination, he would probably do that instead of waiting."

Sighing Basil pressed a few buttons setting the ship on auto pilot. A quick glance at the Hyperspeed monitor stated that they had 30 minutes until the ship reached Denton orbit. Might as well use the time to know Samatharis "oh boy......" Basil gulped to be honest he had a better chance of surviving a fist fight against a Rancor than talking to Samatharis.

"It's not bad," Basil said getting up and following Samatharis sweat formed on his brow. "Sure she's a Jedi and she's beautiful but she can be talked to this isn't like talking to a drunken Ithorian, She is a woman who is cute and lovely all you need to do is say hey Samathraris: Sup?"

It was then the young man bumped into Samatharis causing him to jump back his heart felt like it was about to explode. "Samatharis!" Basil snorted in a nervous laughter. "It's been a while! Er I mean it's been 5 minutes after we jumped! I-I was just wondering if you want to talk or something?"

Basil tried to lean against the wall trying to look cool but he was a nervous wreck. Basil was covered in sweat and his entire body was shaking as though he was being electrocuted by a shock prod.

Samatharis

S
Sam was standing in the middle of the main atrium using the Force to determine the location of the ladies fresher. Then Basil, literally, bumped right into her.

"Eh?!" She turned to give him the evil eye. What was he bumbling about now? What? Talk? Why?

"Um. Okay..." She frowned and put her hands on her hips. Puffing out her chest and blading her eyes in mild suspicion. "...So. Talk then."

The duffle bag at her feet and the impatient way she was tapping her foot. It made her look like a sour lemon. She was on to Basil, of course. She could sense his intentions. See the way his cheeks flushed. Watch as his eyes deviated away from hers and down her shirt. It was obvious he was thinking with his Lightsaber before thinking with his head. But even so. She still held out hope that any minute now he might grow up and start acting like the soldier he was pretending to be dressed as. Pfft. Wishful thinking maybe.

She cut him off as quickly as he opened his mouth,

"Actually. Let's get one thing straight."

Sam held up a finger and narrowed her eyes. She didn't like talking down to Basil, but this was important. So she would patronize at bit.

"I'm here on business. This is a business arrangement. So I'd appreciate it if you stopped acting like a blushing school boy and more like the professional soldier you're pretending to be. Basil. Giles."

She soured her lips and let that sting a bit. Taking a big step forward and poking her finger into his chest.

"If you want to get the woman, then you'll have to start acting like a man. ...Understood?"

She was standing right in front of him now. Her chest practically leaning into his. Her sharp finger poking into his collar bone. And she smelled wonderful too. Alas. She still looked like she wanted to kill him right about now. Even if this was her own unique way of giving him a second chance.

"...Understood, Corporal?"

She quoted the rank on his shoulders. Another reminder that he wasn't just a blushing school boy anymore. The galaxy was a big, dangerous place. And it needed leaders. Soldiers. Strong, capable, brave, and level headed. Kinda just like the man that Samatharis was looking for too. A man who could stand at her side and help her fight the whole galaxy, the Sith, the Mandalorians, and beyond. And she wasn't taking less for an answer, either.

"...Good."

She answered for herself and took a small step back. Sighing happily and recomposing herself. The patronizing teacher quickly left her face and she replaced it with a happy smile. Content to get back to her business trip. Traveling in comfortable style.

"Anyway. With that out of the way, now. Ahem. ...Mm? Show me to my quarters? Please?"

She smiled softly and picked up her duffle. Hoping that Basil would use this eager second chance to act a bit more... Erm, dignified? Maybe?

Well. Hopefully. For his sake, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Therax Milbon

All Basil wanted was to get a girl to talk to him and he did! The only problem was that she came across as blunt and to be honest Basil couldn't blame her. "Ma'am!" Basil snapped to attention saluting out of instinct as though he was back at boot camp. "Yes ma'am! Sorry for disrespecting you ma'am!" Why did every girl hate him? Basil just couldn't help it with the way he was acting, every time he mustered up the courage to talk he always ended up into a blabbering mess.

At least with Samatharis she gave him advice although it was vague. Act like a man? Honestly she sounded like his Dad. Don't show emotion, kill people and act dominant the polar opposite of Basil. "Maybe Samatharis isn't the girl for me," Basil thought sadly. "This is exactly what Dad would say."

Still remaining at attention, Basil lead Samatharis to her quarters, it was a large room full with a king sized bed and a Holonet full of tapes mostly about boring dramas but Basil managed to hack in and place some Jump Man shows before he left for the army. "Here you go ma'am," he said. "It's nice and set up just for you. There's Holonet dramas and a bed where that is made from the finest Naboo fabrics."

Samatharis

S
Sam couldn’t help but sigh when Basil completely missed the point. So much for good soldiering. Ugh. And then he clearly just regressed to being a spoiled teenager with daddy issues again. Eww.

“Thank you.” She tossed her duffle on a chair and waited for him leave.

“Comm when we reach Denon. Have a nice afternoon Corporal Giles.”

She happily closed the door behind him.

Then she looked at the bed and smiled.

“The finest Naboo silks eh? Hot dang!”

She was totally in for the best nap ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Therax Milbon

Basil remained at attention before saluting (and mentally cursing himself for doing so.) and leaving Samatharis to tend to her business. "You won't find any silks as good as the ones in Naboo." he sported sheepish smile before slipping out of the door and frantically closing it. "That was really stupid," Basil groaned. "Why does every girl have to be like that? Always talking like Dad?"

Be a man, Basil didn't know the first thing about it, his Dad tried everything Basil. He was bathed in Sarlacc blood seen as a ritual created by Tusken Raiders when a boy is seen as a man. Basil was taught discipline and was made to run every morning but nothing seemed to work with him. Basil remained that same goofy and geek kid that he was always been and his Dad had no problem in telling Basil that he was a disappointment. Sighing, the young man slumped against one of the leather chairs that was in the living room area and grabbed a Jump Man comicbook that was laying on the table. It was an old issue 45: The Princess and the Horn.

"Focus on the mission not the woman," Basil closed his eyes. "She probably hates your guts anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom