Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traitors gonna Trait: Empress Teta

Bounty

When a pretty lady offers you money to shoot someone in the face, someone is gonna be faceless. That may not have been my moto but it could be and that's all that really counts. The planet of Empress Teta had about one city called Cinnamon Bar, or Sinahard, that part wasn't the point. The point was the place was big, like the words 'fethin huge' came to mind at a glance.

I arrived at the starport and made damn sure to wash my hands before anything else. The ship I had just taken in smelled like the inside of a Mandalorians armor the day before their yearly bath. Also, the trip to the 'fresher gave me a chance to check my comlink and assemble my blaster all secret spy like.

The streets were pretty clean for a planet that just had a coup and seen a fair bit of fighting. But the streets weren't my problem, my problem was finding a unpleasant element and make them more pleasing, preferably by shooting them in the face five or six times. To get that noble goal handled I needed to get some names, get some people to do some talking, and everyone knows the best place to do that was...the nearest guard. In my experience the only people that gossip more than military were other military and after a few drinks they would usually give you all their credits too, but that was another story.

I plodded to the nearest guard point and even though it felt a lot like running, a little old lady passed me so I'll call it plodding to make myself feel better. With luck these mooks would just spit out answers and I wouldn't have to buy any drinks before I actually got paid. Not that luck was my forté.

EMPRESS TETA
SINAHARD
​Suppose Fett had all the more reason to keep his eyes peeled in every direction imaginable, no? There was an odd bit of truth to the saying 'the hunter becomes the hunted', especially in the current circumstances. Yet, Fett was the apex to be sure. They may come in packs, they may come as a mountain of a man, a mobile tank, or force-wielding deity. They, just like the rest, would die all the same; encased in the dirt in which they crumpled into, or perhaps torn in two. The Bounty Hunter resided where he did on the 'Bounty Hunter Leaderboards' for a reason, after all. He wasn't an easy man to kill, possibly even harder to capture. And now? He was more vigilant than ever.

In the Mandalorian's experience, identifying a traitor was never too difficult. Mostly because he forced someone else into doing it for him. By all means was the Bounty Hunter intimidating, especially with a name as large as his own, built upon the history of the industry, and Mandalorians themselves. Truly fortunate to be cloned of the dearly departed Jango Fett. Otherwise? Koda may very well find himself under the name Skirata, or worse yet, Vizsla. Someone had spilt the beans to the Mandalorian, and now, he positioned himself, watching and waiting. These anarchists were walking credits as far as Koda was concerned.

A rangefinder cast itself over his Visor. Enhancing his zoom, enabling several modes of vision, and so on. The Carbine within his grip was more than capable of gunning down a wayward soul of Empress Teta. Yet, the Bounty Hunter held a hidden agenda. One he kept close to his chest, not revealed to a single soul. Alert, if nothing else.

[member="Hard Luck Frank"]

Wenwynig

W
Bounties had been sent fast and creds were high in number. This mission was something on the lower cost but Wenwynig took the mission anyway, it meant that he could inspect the methods of other Bounty Hunters. He entered the planet as normal as his species could look, he was unarmed or he appeared to be in front of others. Wenwynig knew that in a moment's notice, he could turn his hands into long, deadly claws without anyone really noticing until the carnage began. Stepping outside, he shook himself as his black swirls shifted around his body, it seemed attractive and mesmerising to others as he moved through the crowd.

Standing at his full height, Wenwynig could look over the large number of people and scratched his chin slowly with a measured care. His eyes spotted out a Mandalorian in full gear, he drew out his datapad, the man was another target of his but he made no attempt to hunt the man at that moment. No, better to wait, better to see what he was doing here, what the Mandalorian would do in a fight and then assess whether Wenwynig deemed him worthy of a fight himself. If not, then Wenwynig refused to accept the mission, no matter the stupidly high amount of creds that were on offer. Moving to a stall, Wenwynig pretended to take an interest in the items, meaningless possessions people have.

[member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Hard Luck Frank"]

"If we knew where the traitors were, don't you think we would be rounding them up ourselves?" The guy said.

He had a point, two if you counted the one on top of his head. He wore reflective black trooper armor over a body glove so tight it was enough to make you wonder if they neutered their men or if this guys tuck game was just really strong. In either case, I wasn't getting anything out of him.

"Alright, boss. Alright." I said holding my hands up like I was trying to push back the his attitude and get some breathing room, "Can you just point me toward the nearest gentlemen's club then?"

"I doubt you fit a gentlemen's club requisites." He replied.

'Jerk', was my immediate thought but for once I kept it to myself. It wasn't easy to keep to myself since my thoughts didn't come as quick as you might expect but hey, score one for working outside my comfort zone.

"I don't know what wreckisit, means but most places like getting paid, so let me help boost your economy and blow my credits at least." I fired back, and by fired I mean told him as painfully slow as I could.

"Half a block north on the right." He said, "The Koros Queen."

"Thanks, chummer." I said before I picked up my duffle bag full of worldly possessions and tried hard to figure out which way north was on this weird rock.

I started to my left and saw the second, non-chatty guard slowly shake his his 'no'. I decided north must be to my right. I walked the described distance and found a big flashy holosign and a pair of thugs outside calmly chatting. You may wonder how I knew they was thugs, but if anyone can spot a thug it's a thug and that's all I'll say.

They wore the equivalent of track suits complete with thin platinum chains. If it wasn't for the size difference I'd have thought they were brothers. The big guy was, well big, clean cut and had a nose that looked like someone had tried to relocate it to the back of his head but it was too stupid to move. I could tell he had the most experience in our shared trade because he didn't puff up the second I got close. He was aloof, calm and collected. All traits that kept a guy from eating a mouth full of blaster without needing to.

The other guy was almost the opposite. His hand went for his stun club almost instantly and he had that 'please try something' look in his dark beady eyes. So, I put an 'I don't wanna' look in mine and gave my credentials and credits to the big one.

"Don't do nuthin' stupid." The guy said as he waved me through.

I would have said something smart and pleasant back bit he was already back to trying to tell the little guy to calm down before someone got nervous and shot him.

Inside was not the kind of gentlemen's club I had been talking about at all. Male and female dancers in next to nothing moved around, sat with richer looking folks and well they danced. That's how I knew they were dancer, i guess.

They made me check my bag and my double underarm sling at the door and I headed for a table. I had been hoping for a beer and bar food but this place looked like they didn't serve breaded cheese sticks or dark beer. I sat down and ordered what I hoped wouldn't suck and a glass of Corellia's finest. Now, all I had to do was conversate up the right person and I could get to doing what I did best. Shooting guys.

[member="Koda Fett"]

The Bounty Hunter, realistically, hardly had done anything at all. He resided on the rooftop, watching the streets below. The downsides of a job this complicated, at least in the grand scheme, required plenty of waiting. Fortunately, for Fett, the Mandalorian had enough credits to throw around on Empress Teta throughout the duration of his stay. However long or brief it may be, but he was he certainly betting on the latter of the two. Aware of the price on his head, this was prime hunting grounds. Too many Hunters locked in a cities box, waiting to gnaw at the one with the highest amount of zeros attached to the end of his name. Someone was going to come, and when they did, Koda was ready.

His stance was almost lazy, full of boredom. Insight of any and all that bothered wandering this way, but not to those whom preferred to snipe someone dead from afar. The cityscape was there to help him with that much, be sure of that. His vision mode was cycled through several times, catching a glimpse heat signatures and the like. Nothing out of the ordinary so far.

​Maybe he should just turn himself in.

[member="Hard Luck Frank"] - [member="Wenwynig"]

"And that's when I told the guy to 'eat suck, suckface' and shot him." I told the woman, female, whatever. I couldn't tell you what species she was but she wasn't human and she sure as hell wasn't interested in my charming personality unless credits were on the table. But then, I'm not that charming to begin with so I couldn't blame her.

"You're so funny, and brave." She lied. I knew she was lying because I didn't even think it was funny and I'm easily amused. As far as brave goes, shooting a guy doesn't take bravery it just means you can use your finger for more than picking your nose. And if that was what she meant it wasn't a complete lie.

I didn't bother calling her on her bantha crap, her job was to make moronic people spend their money and be so stupid as to come back and do it again. And if I wasn't working I may have been just the moron she was looking for. But this time my playing stupid was just an act never mind the fact that I wasn't so bright. Let's just call me a method actor and move on.

I took another drink, the bitter sweet brown alcohol burned its way down my throat but didn't accomplish much else. One of the draw backs of having an extremely dense body was that getting drunk cost a lot more than I was willing to pay almost ever. In this case it worked in my favor, I could drink and act drunk. People wouldn't know I wasn't toasted. If anyone could play sloppy and dumb, it was me. So I did.

I tossed another credit chip on the table and the green scaly woman poured me another drink with a smile. That's when I decided to execute plan whatever number it was and started digging for information.

"So, speaking of brave, I hear your Empress just took back her oversized chair." I said as I slipped my arm around the woman's shoulder and gave her long black hair a run through with my clumsy fingers. To her credit, she pretended to like it so well I almost bought it. "She must have some stones on her that they weren't expecting."

"Yesss, the rightful Empressss returned, but not everyone wasss happy." She said as she looked at me with those big dark eyes. "In fact sssome people sssay ssshe'ss a puppet and want her gone even now."

"Yeah?" I asked as if I didn't know, "Where are they so I can go show them how big my brave is?"

She giggled and I couldn't help but notice she smelled a whole lot better than she did a few seconds ago. I could see why someone would hand over a bank account for just a close chat.

"Well, you didn't hear thisss from me but there is a warehouse one level down in the city where some of the loudest members like to spend time." She replied and batted her lashes.

I felt a bit lightheaded but I still managed to remember that I had some heads to knock together and my boots would have to wait until later. I tossed a few hundred credits on the table and stole a kiss on her cheek.

"Thanks, lady." I said before getting up and heading for the door. She sighed, but whether from annoyance or relief was anyone's guess, I pretended it was the former but that was just me.

I went to the baggage check at the door and grabbed my gear. I cracked the duffle bag and began putting on that Mandalorian armor I "found" from before and strapped on my blaster pistols. Granted, everyone probably saw my butt while I changed, but I didn't charge them so at least I didn't have to give a refund.

With that I walked out looking a whole lot more like I wasn't a random idiot and more like I was an idiot that killed people for a living. Hopefully, the image would be enough that I wouldn't have to work that hard to make people give up. If not I always had my finger bending skill and a blaster to make it effective.

[member="Wenwynig"] [member="Koda Fett"]

Wenwynig

W
Wenwynig wandered the streets, hiding from Koda's view as he thought about his reason for being here. Could the Mandalorian be on the same mission as he was? If so, then there would be no conflict, at least until the terrorists were caught. After that, all cards were off the table as the humans would say. Wenwynig rolled his head around, he was spending too much time around these humans, he never understood their sayings. Such weak beings too, they die to almost anything, yet there were more of them than there were of his race, his race were Gods.

Stalking around, he wandered up behind the Mandalorian, watching him from behind. "There is a bounty on you Koda. Quite a nice large one too. So why come here? On a mission or looking to see who challenge you?" Wenwynig talked more than he would normally but this was him being cautious. If he got into a fight with Koda while they were on the same mission, then many Hunters would call him out for it. Instead, he waited to see what the Mandalorian had to say.

He had previous worked with the man before, his style of fighting and working were know to Wenwynig. The symbosys held some respect for Koda, the man was good at his job, but that was for someone as mortal as he was. In Wenwynig's mind, he had centuries to work on his trade, and centuries more to continue to work on it.

[member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Hard Luck Frank"]

Fett was a cautious man, now more than ever. He didn't trust another Hunter as far as he could throw them, and with him being one of the smaller one's in terms of literal physicality, it was never too far. Certainly amusing to some as to how a mere Human was capable of perfecting a craft, surpassing those more fearsome of creatures that had the edge. It definitely told the tale as to how the analytical mind and a lifetime of preparation went a long way, perhaps it even mentioned as to what the truly superior race was. Those kind of conversations weren't any of his concern, though. He never really was one for conversations, period.

​The Mandalorian's positioning upon the rooftop had made it difficult to surprise him with one's presence. It was intentional, of course. His brown, callous eyes beneath the T-Visor had kept a keen sense of concentration upon his scanners, most importantly those that tracked movement. There happened to be more than one ping that sounded off within his ears, alerting him to a figure that had emerged behind him. Whether this Alien that approached him was within it's Human or Original form, it hardly mattered. Fett was to look at it all the same, with an unwavering glare.

It was clear to the Bounty Hunter that this figure before him kept a keen eye upon the doings of the Galactic Underworld; what he truly was, Fett didn't know. Nor did he really care. Only his capabilities mattered. The price on Koda's head was certainly alluring to any prospective Hunter that desired the mantle of the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter. All they had to do was tear it form his corpse. No easy task, be sure of that. As to firing upon another Hunter? Only if it was warranted.

As his Carbine was cradled within his grip he mentioned to the figure opposite him, "Are you looking to get killed?" His tone dry and disinterested. His weaponry was ready, each and every gadget. Fortunately for Wenwynig, Fett wasn't going to bother calling him out if he tried something... ill-advised.

[member="Wenwynig"] - [member="Hard Luck Frank"]

Being a mutant had advantages, unfortunately it had a few sucks as well. For one, having a very dense body didn't make him any stronger really, just heavy and add 40kg of armor on his already heavy backside meant that running, jumping or doing any of those other really dumb activities just went from 'no thanks' to 'Suck my cosmos'.

That said, I walked, pretty damn slowly, to the location that I had been pointed to and did the logical thing. I sat down and rested for a second. Which was logical but pretty stupid. I tried to stand and then didn't. I had to roll onto my stomach and get my knees in under me then push myself up onto my feet. It took a minute but in the end the whole resting thing wasn't much of one and beside that, it made me kind of cranky. I pulled out my blaster pistol and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" I heard a gruff voice ask from the otherside.

"Frank." I said in full confidence that they didn't know who the Kark Frank was.

"Who sent you?" The voice asked.

It was a good question. It sucked that I hadn't thought that far ahead.

"Uh, Doug." I replied with my super quick wit.

"Kark off. I don't know a Doug." He/she/whatever they identified as replied.

"Ok, I'll take the Krath ship blue prints somewhere else." I said.

I didn't have prints, or know if they needed them but it sounded good in my head so I went with it. And to my surprise the door opened. Remember how I said I was cranky? Yeah, I shot the door man in the face and went in blasting. The bounty said dead was ok. Didn't say faces were required.

"EAT SUCK, SUCKFACES!" I shouted over the hail of blaster fire that criss crossed the open warehouse.

They were in a basket of crap now and I was going to be their stank delicious robot fart to the face.

[member="Wenwynig"] [member="Koda Fett"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom