Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training in the Party Planet

Zeltros.

Paega had mixed feelings about the planet. Some people, especially those that could afford all the luxury, came and visited the 'pleasure planet' to vacation and have their deseires, no matter how licentious, fullfilled. For others, this simply was a place to come party, drink alcohol, and enjoy themselves. Paega was fairly sure that she was the only person on the planet that had come here to actually learn a thing or two. It was an exciting thing that the rogue Sith Lord @[member="Christian Slade"] had agreed to share some of his knowledge with her.

It had been about a week now since the blonde Sith Knight had arrived in Zeltros. Hopefully nothing much was going on back in the Sith Empire, and she wasnt missing out on much. The last few days, Paega had simply been working on getting to know her new mentor, who happened to be only three or four years older than her. It was actually less awkward now having a person around her age as a mentor. Heck she even had whiskey with him, something she really wouldn't do with her former masters back at the academy.

"So what are you going to teach me today?" Paega casually asked Christian.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian's hands were working diligently on a plate in the sink he'd just eaten off of. He was drying it off as he heard his apprentice ask him what she would be learning that day, but he didn't bother to answer that question. Not yet, anyway. He had other, more important things to discuss with the woman before they got into her real training.

Reaching up, Christian slid the plate into a stack on a shelf next to the sink. He then took a rag from the edge of the sink and began drying his hands, turning and leaning up against the sink as he faced Paega. He leaned against the sink for a time, thinking about what exactly he was going to say. As he thought, he reached up and grabbed either bicep, crossing his arms across his chest before he finally said, "Before I teach you something truly profound, I need to know that you are nothing like the others."

He stood there for a time staring at her, those golden eyes watching her very carefully for any break in her presence. For any sign that she might be lying or bending the truth. "I need to know that what I teach you will be used for the betterment of yourself, in your own journey, and I need to know that you are aware that the Sith of the Empire are not your allies."

@[member="Paega Anginous"]

@[member="Christian Slade"]

It was clear after several seconds that Paega wasn't going to get a direct answer to that question any time soon. She watched Christian finish cleaning the dish that he had eaten out of, aware that he seemed to be purposely postponing on answering that question.

The blonde Sith put her hands on her hips as she observed him finish drying off the plate, putting it inside the sink. Paega simply stared back at him as he leaned against the sink for a while before speaking, wondering if she had done something wrong. What he said next was about how he needed to know that she was 'different', something the blonde had anticipated him saying. Still, it was difficult to say that Paega wasn't slightly upset that Christian still didn't really trust her.

"So you don't trust me?" the blonde inquired, her green gaze fixed on Christian. "If I was anything like the others, I would've tried to murder you on the balcony the very moment you showed up. Do you need me to do something so as to prove myself?" she asked.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
"First of all...", he said, the muscles in his jaw shivering as he tightened it from clenching his teeth in the tense moment. That moment would define a part of both of their futures, and he wasn't going to take it lightly. That was why, when he finished what he'd started saying, he was as serious as he possibly could have been in that moment, "...I don't trust anyone, though my trust can be earned. I'm sorry, but as of right now, you do not have my full trust. Not attacking me on a night I was drunk was probably a better deal for you, because if you thought I was reckless the first time we met, you have no idea how much worse it could be."

He was stern, and he could imagine that his words might come off a bit harsh to the young woman who had just become his apprentice, but Christian did have good reason to be cautious with her still.

"I agreed to take you as my apprentice.", he said, looking down for a moment, thinking about that night again and wondering what might have happened had she not been drinking so much. What might have happened had she not desired to better herself. Would have have managed to kill him? Or worse... would he have destroyed her like he had the others who'd come before her?

Finally moving, Christian leaned forward, slowly falling into stride as he closed the distance between he and the young blonde. Stopping right in front of her, Christian unfolded his arms. Looking down into the woman's eyes, Christian reached up with his right hand and gently gripped her by the neck, using his thumb to make her look up at him. "You don't strike me as a liar.", he said, looking at her, those intense golden eyes vibrant in that moment.

"If you pledge to me here and now that you will work tirelessly to learn what I have to teach you with no intention of sharing this knowledge with anyone without my consent, and that you will never try and use these teachings against me.", he said, his golden eyes scanning her facial features as he spoke, his eyes watching for her lip to quiver or her eyes to blink or divert from his, "Then I will teach you everything that I know of the force... because I see you as a companion, not a pawn. A student was never meant to be a tool..."

Paega simply shrugged at Christian's first remarks on trusting no one, and his rather harsh words on how it was just a good 'deal' for her that she had not attacked him when he had been drunk. "..because if you thought I was reckless the first time we met, you have no idea how much worse it could be." Paega gave a slight shudder as she recalled him straddling and choking her on Korriban. It was a slight improvement that he wasn't exactly aggressive to her these days, but she knew that Christian still closely watched her in suspiscion.

She blinked somewhat in suprise when Christian moved forward and gripped her by her neck. Last time he had done that, the rogue Sith Lord had almost managed to suffocate her. Now, it seemed more like as if he was doing a careful observation on her. "You don't strike me as a liar." "Well thanks..." she murmured, not sounding very thankful, slowly pushing away Christian's powerful hands away from her neck, although her eyes remained fixed on him.

The blonde Sith Knight's green eyes remained focused as ever on Christian's as he asked her to pledge herself to him. After one second, Paega opened her mouth to speak. "I pledge myself to your teachings... and to work tirelessly to learn what you have to teach you me with no intention of sharing this knowledge with anyone without your consent, and that I will never try and use these teachings against you." she said, meaning everything she said.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
"So be it... my apprentice.", Christian said, taking a step back from the woman. "There is a training facility in the basement of this estate. Let us go and find out just exactly what you know before I begin teaching you what even the mightiest of Sith Lords could not fathom of the force."

He walked around Paega, making his way through the living room and down the hall to his bedroom. He stopped in front of a mirror which he looked deeply into. He then mouthed a few words, words close to his heart, and reached up, sliding his hand through the very silver of the mirror that reflected his image. I bent and warped to his hand as he pulled from it, one at a time, three holocrons. He then turned and left the room, making his way halfway down the hall before he opened a door.

"Follow me.", he said, leading her down a long spiral staircase into a massive white room with dark walls and a silver dome of the tough durasteel metal. He then stopped, placing the holocrons on the table before stepping out into the center of a dirt floor covered room.

"Let's see what you've got.", he said, opening his arms on either side as if to give her his chest as a target.

Paega nodded, pleased that at least the rogue Sith Lord was satisfied enough for the time being to proceed towards training. She raised an eyebrow at the mention of an underground training facility. Something like that she had anticipated to be inside the big estate, Slade being rich and everything.

She followed him through the living room and down the hall-way to Christian's bedroom. Paega watched in simple fascination when the Sith Lord reached out with his hands, seemingly sliding his hand through the mirror to retrieve three holocrons, one at a time. "Wow..." she breathed. Such glass bending and warping technology was one that the blonde Sith had never seen before, and no doubt had cost a fortune.

Soon, the pair were underneath the estate, in a massive white room with a dirt floor. It was a rather perfect training room, Paega had to admit. "Alright, my apologies if I end up hurting you." the young woman said with a slight smirk, knowing fully well that it was not likely that she would end up hurting her new mentor whatsoever. She then charged forward, although she didn't draw out her lightsaber or any other weapons. Paega noted that the rogue Sith didn't have a weapon out, so she decided to go attack with her bare fists and feet. If called for, however, Paega knew she could ignite her lightsaber within a second's notice.

The blonde rushed forward, and upon arriving a few feet infront of Christian, began aiming rapid, alternating punches at his open chest. Paega utilized the Force so that it could further fuel each of her punches, allowing her to really hammer each of her attacks. After half a dozen cleverly aimed punches, Paega would leap up to deliver a roundhouse kick at Slade's face.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian watched the woman's movements carefully as she charged at him resorting to physical combat to try and best him while displaying some of the things she learned at the Sith Academy. As she did, Christian released the slightest amount of force, letting it flow through his veins, tapping into his adrenal source. Once this happened, his body filled with the rush of adrenaline, his muscles tightening and flexing as the woman's floury of punches hit home, striking him in the stomach, the ribs and the chest before she turned and swung out her leg, slapping him across his face with her boot.

Christian's hair became a floury as his head snapped to the side, but he didn't take a single step back, his muscles only slightly shivering from each blow, which would have otherwise been like bunching a stone wall. Slowly he turned his head back and looked deep into Paega's eyes as he moved to run his fingers through his wild hair, smoothing the brunette ribbons back over the top of his head before he said, "You're going to have to do better than that..."

Paega gritted her teeth as her punches nor kick had any effects on Christian, her attacks seemingly bouncing off of the rogue Sith's chest and stomach. She might've as well as been hitting a brick wall, the blonde mused to herself. "You're going to have to do better than that..."

Well, time for the lightsaber, she decided. It only took one second for Paega's crimson blade to hum to life at her side, and another two seconds to rush forward once more at Christian. Keeping herself light on her feet, Paega went in for a quick vertical downward slash that was aimed to pass right through his face if he didn't dodge the attack. The vertical slice would be followed immediately by two diagonal slashes, each strike driven with power and momentum behind it, fueled by the Force.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian watched carefully, those golden eyes as she moved quickly and with calculated steps. One of his apprentice's greatest strengths would be her speed, that much was certain. As she got near, though, Christian finally moved, a dark red blade snapping to life and swatting her vertical strike away, his blade then coming back around and batting away each of her diagonal slashes, which he followed up by stepping in close.

Having blocked her last attack, Christian stepped in close, sliding his saber down Paega's, sparks dancing from the clashing blades as he reached up intending to pop her across the face and send her reeling backwards.

The green eyes of hers focused as ever, Paega gritted her teeth as Christian blocked her attacks with relative ease with his dark red lightsaber. The blonde woman determinedly held her ground, sparks flying as their lightsabers clashed.

The Sith Knight spotted what Christian's next move would be a second or two before it happened. Ducking just in time to dodge him pop her across the face, Paega quickly rolled past Christian's right side. Then giving only a second for Christian to whirl around or swing his lightsaber at her, Paega lept up into the air, front-flipped, and landed softly behind her mentor. Rushing forward to cover the few feet between him and her the moment she touched down on the ground, Paega would swing her lightsaber at Christian's back shoulder. Her blade had been turned down in intensity for this particular duel.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian stood unmoving as the woman charged and swung her saber at his undefended back. Curiously, he but turned and looked over his shoulder as the saber struck and tore through him, sinking into the cloth of his coat, burning through his skin and severing him in two from one side to the other.

Gasping in surprise, Christian's form crumbled to his knees, his upper and lower have slowly separating as he fell forwards, but as he struck the ground he burst into blackness, a fog of dark smoke washing over the ground in an eery way. The dark smoke spread across the ground in front of her, but soon it was gone.

A single, silent moment past by as this took place, Christian's true form billowing through the air with the bottom of his boot aimed at Paega's back. Stretching his leg out, Christian planned to strike her in the middle of the back and send her tumbling forwards as she watched the display, the first of his many tricks, with her own eyes.

"What the..." gasped the blonde Sith Knight as her lightsaber actually cut through what was supposed to be her mentor. It was a clean slash, sinking through the very skin and separating the man into two. Paega had almost started to panic before she saw how Christian's form burst into a black fog which permeated the ground infront of where she was standing. "Some sort of an illusion.." she remarked, trying not to sound impressed.

A firm, real, kick sent Paega tripping forward. She whirled around to spot Christian, thankfully in one piece, standing right behind her. That was one neat technique that Paega would later implore to have taught to her. But for now, she was focused on the practice duel. Paega moved forward again, swinging her lightsaber unpredictably from left to right, before suddenly lunging forward to attack Christian's upper torso.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian smiled as he watched the woman fall right into stride, attacking again without hesitation. He had to admit she was good, specifically with that lightsaber, but he'd have been willing to be anything that she wasn't nearly as formidable by way of the force.

Hopping backwards, Christian landed safely away from the woman's slash, reaching out to brace him as he did, digging one knee into the ground. His hand wasn't simply balancing him, however, as his palm glowed, the dust from the ground beneath his hand rushing out in all directions in a perfect circle as the ground cracked and split open as it wavered back and forth, rushing in Paega's direction. As it opened, it threatened to swallow her whole if she did not divert from her path intent on following up with the second half of her attack.

The blonde Sith Knight gave a frustrated sigh as her lightsaber slash missed its mark, her attack having been frustratingly close to Christian before he hopped backwards. Paega grew anxious when Christian's hands began to glow, she knew by now that it meant he had something up his sleeve.

Paega gave a suprised gasp as ground began to crack and split open around Christian in a circle, the ground began opening right beneath her. She immediately lept, not willing to retreat, then came down on Christian's location with a downward strike using her lightsaber.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
She'd fallen right into his trap just as he'd planned, only, she didn't know it. Not yet...

Rising from the ground, Christian watched as the woman's form cascaded down from above, her saber ready to skewer him. That wouldn't be happening, though, not then and not there. He'd lured her into a trap she wasn't prepared to get out of, that much she would realize as Christian slowly drew a smirk across his face.

Raising his right arm and opening his hand in the woman's direction, Christian waited until she was right on top of him, the spell circle in his hand glowing an eerie purple hue as she got closer. Just before she struck him, Christian's clothes grew weightless, the next moment a massive plume of the force billowing out from his hand intent on enveloping the young woman who'd gotten herself caught free falling towards him.

@Christian Slade

Paega knew that she had fallen in for a trick upon seeing Christian's smirk. In her downward strike towards him, however, it was impossible to change directions suddenly in mid-air and she watched as her mentor's hands glowed in purple. Not a good sign.

The blonde Sith Knight let out a frustrated yell as a powerful plume of the Force blasted out from Christian's hands, successfully sending Paega flying. She rolled backwards, bouncing off the floor before skidding to a stop. Her lightsaber had deactivated and had flown out of reach. "Was that like a Force Push?" she questioned, slowly picking herself up from the ground.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
"It was a force push.", he said simply, still smirking at the young woman as he watched her laying there beaten again. "Except for the fact that it was concentrated prior to it's being used. You can try in the force and harness it, instead of just using it to move, pull and push. You can let it build in your body until it feels as if the muscles in your arm might burst. Then the force flows forth with more power, more swiftly and can even be made to cover a wider area."

Slowly Christian covered the ground laid out beneath them. As he did, he reached out and slowly closed his hand into a fist, holding it over the cracks in the earth. Slowly they began to slide back into place as if patching itself up, thought the cracks still remained despite them being almost not visible. He continued to walk, however, his golden eyes rising from the ground to the girl who had begun to pick herself off the ground. As he reached her, he held out that large, powerful hand of his, waiting for her to take it so that he could help her up.

"Are you ready to truly know the force around us?"

The blonde Sith Knight nodded, taking Christian's hand as he helped her get up. "I see..." Paega said after listening to her mentor describe what he had just done. She knew that what Christian had just said was a valuable advise, one out of many more to come hopefully.

"Are you ready to truly know the force around us?" Paega nodded once more, eyeing the cracks in the ground that Christian had managed to simply close using the Force. "Yes... I am ready to learn." she said, reaching out with the Force to retrieve her lightsaber on the ground.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian escorted the woman into the middle of the room, releasing her hand and turning to face her. He then lowered to the ground and sat, cross legged and reached out his hand as if to say join me. He then held up his hand, displaying the spell circle etched in his hand. He then reached up with his other hand and pointed.

"Etch this into the sand between us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom