Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Training Day

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Starlin stood in one of the training rooms, waiting for something to happen. With his eyes covered by a blindfold, he held his lightsaber at the ready.

The floating droid silently circled him, then fired a bolt of harmless orange energy toward him. Deep in communion with the Force, Starlin instinctively turned to block the bolt, deflecting it with his blade.

He did this every time the droid shot at him, never missing a beat. Minutes passed, then an hour. Starlin was drenched in sweat, but determined to keep going.

At least, until someone else entered the training hall. He paused, his head turning toward the newcomer. But then the droid fired again, and he was forced to turn his attention back to the exercise, parrying the bolt before it could reach him.

Gear: Beskar'gam, Wooden staff

Sevatar was settling in to the routine set by the Jedi masters of the temple with practiced ease for the simple reason it reminded him of Mandalorian training so it all felt familiar which in turn helped with Sevatar's confidence. Seeing that today was just for training and no meditation Sevatar made his way down to one of the training halls with his staff and armour that was clearly made for someone else taller and bulkier.

Entering the Training hall Sevatar saw there was already someone else in training and hopefully they wouldn't notice or even care about the Mandalorian that was currently trying their best to be ignored. When the stranger turned their attention to Sevatar instincts took over and he froze for a moment before hurriedly walking off as the man when back to training. Finding a training dummy hopefully out of sight of the stranger Sevatar got to work, first by jabbing at the dummy's weak points joints, throat and groin before moving onto strikes all the while keeping on the move and staying in the dummy's blind spots.

As Starlin continued to train, he accidentally slashed the floating droid in half with his blade. The two pieces of smoking circuitry and molten metal fell to the floor with a clatter.

"...Chit," Starlin muttered, lifting his blindfold to survey the damage. In the process, he caught a glimpse of the newcomer. The Mandalorian newcomer.

"What the..." Clearing his throat, he hoped they hadn't heard that. "Hey," he greeted Sevatar. "Are you... actually a Mando, or is that just a costume?"

Delivering a final strike to the dummy's head sending it flying, turning towards the source of the question and immediately set up a guard posture.

"Yes I am a Mandalorian of clan Vizsla" replied Sevatar with a hint of uncertainty "And a plan to become a Jedi as well one day"

Starlin watched the dummy's head fall, eyebrows lifted. "Nice."

He deactivated his lightsaber, clipping it to his belt. "So you're not a Jedi yet, but you're training here in the Jedi Temple. Are you still waiting to be admitted into the Order, then?"

There was a whole process of becoming a Jedi which prevented anyone with a bit of Force sensitivity from showing up and immediately being allowed entry. Mostly it was just a lot of paperwork, but there were tests and trials to be completed as well.

Tiling his head to the side as it took Sevatar a moment to get the joke he then let out a small chuckle when he got it.

"Close, I know I come from somewhere in the outer rim but my family traveled around a lot. Part of the reason it took so long for me to get here was that I was stuck on Nar Shaddaa for about 4 years just trying to get the cash together to leave that bloody planet".

"Oh. Yikes." Starlin winced. "I hear Nar Shaddaa ain't exactly paradise." To say the least. "The name's Starlin Rand, by the way. What's yours?"

After introductions were over, he asked, "So, what made you decide to become a Jedi?" His tone was casual, but he listened intently to hear Sevatar's answer. How the young Mando responded would tell a lot about his motives and drives. Starlin had a particular interest in knowing why people did the things they did, why they valued certain things over others, why they cared about the things they cared about most.

"The names Sevatar Vizsla" Servatar said "And my reasons are threefold. The first being I was exiled by my family who think all things force related is evil and wrong and I want to prove that they were wrong and possibly help others in a similar situations. The second is that in my travels I found that I was often powerless to help those in need and I feel I need training tempered by wisdom to help properly. And last but not least I want to learn, I want to learn everything the galaxy has to offer".

Starlin listened, nodding his head faintly. Sevatar gave some pretty good reasons, and also some that weren't so good. The fact that the first thing he said was that he wanted to prove his family wrong in their beliefs about the Force didn't bode well.

"Your priorities are a little skewed, kid, but I'm sure you'll go far," Starlin said. "You mentioned that the masters are reluctant to take you on as an apprentice. I assume that means you're still looking for someone to train you?"

Sevatar's helmet look in thought for a moment before answering.

"I think Guardian is the path for me what with the Mandalorian training I've gone through that's sure to help" stated Sevatar "Question master when do you get given a lightsaber? I assume there is a Jedi armourer that forges each one.

"Good, that's the same path I took. So I should be well-suited to teach you." Starlin's eyebrows shot up at Sevatar's question, then he laughed. "Oh, no. It happens fairly early on, usually when one becomes a Padawan, but each Jedi makes their own lightsaber. You go on pilgrimage to Ilum to obtain a focusing crystal, and then they give you a kit with the necessary parts, and you assemble it yourself. Why do you ask?"

Sevatar Vizsla Sevatar Vizsla

"No one had told me that so I had thought it may have been similar to Mandalorians" said Sevatar somewhat sheepishly "I wouldn't know the first place to even start when it came to building a lightsaber but I get the feeling you'll teach me master".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom