Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Training Day

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Valery stepped into the center of the training room on Ossus, her lightsabers strapped to her hips but she wasn't going to need them today. She had scheduled a lesson with a young Padawan who was wanting to further his studies with the Force, and so she had prepared for his arrival. The training room was cleaned up and any equipment she might need was ready for the lesson.
But as always, Valery was up rather early in the morning and didn't expect Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek to be there at the same time as her. So while she waited, she had herself lowered into a lotus position and meditated deeply to clear her mind and keep herself centered.
In that state of meditation, she would wait for his arrival.
n0m34qi.png

Dagos entered the training room and found Valery Noble Valery Noble in a meditative state. He walked further into the training room and dropped to his own knees and began to meditate too. He tried to match his breathing to her’s to connect with one another through the force to make learning from her that much easier.

He had seen the Master Jedi around in the last couple of weeks he had been spending on Ossus, though their interactions had been minimal, so he had been totally shocked when this training session had been put together. The truth was, he needed it. To this point he had been basically learning the extent of his abilities on his own through trial and error. He flexed the fingers on his cybernetic hand. Mostly error.

His time on Ossus had shown him that despite how much confidence he may possess in himself, he was far behind many of the other padawans here in almost every way. They knew more about The Force than he did, were more experienced with a lightsaber than he was, and had more friends than he did.

“Good morning Val.” Dagos said as their breathing fell into sync.

n0m34qi.png
Even though it appeared as if she was in a trance, the deep meditative state allowed her the clarity to still be aware of her surroundings. She felt Dagos enter the room as a result and continued meditating as he joined her. While it was unexpected, starting the process of learning by centering oneself never hurt.
But after the young Padawan found his own rhythm, he did finally speak. The way he addressed her caused her head to tilt and her brow to raise slightly — she still wasn't quite used to how informal most Jedi were these days.
"Padawan Terrek." She said with a soft smile.
"I heard you were looking to further your studies with the Force? If so, I'd be happy to help you but I'd like to know if there is anything, in particular, you were hoping to learn more about?"
n0m34qi.png

That was the million credit question. What did he want to learn? Why was he here?

He thought of what he already did know. Not much to be honest. The things most Padawans learned, moving things with The Force, using The Force to enhance himself physically to become faster or stronger, to jump higher or endure more.

He thought of the things he had done, of facing down pirates or stopping poachers, racing speeders and hiding from monsters, befriending a rampaging reek, he thought of the time he was a tree.

He thought of the people he had met. The freetown on T’surr and how they, the Jedi, had helped turn them into a militia. He thought of Korpil G62 and the verpine who had come to reclaim what was theirs only to find it full of demons. He thought of her. Gray-skin and amber eyes.

He thought selfishly of his hand.

“Healing. I think that would be best.” It was a very Jedi thing to want to be able to heal those who were hurting. He just hoped that would cancel out his very un-Jedi reasons for wishing he knew how.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled at his response. Of all the things he could have requested, he asked for something that she wasn't actually very proficient at. Her entire life and all the training around it had revolved around growing with her combative skills, and she had proven to be very talented at it.
But healing was something she had almost no affinity for, outside what she was capable of through her bond with her partner.
"I'm afraid I can't teach you how to heal others using the Force — my studies have focused on other aspects of the Force. I can, however, teach you something that accelerates your own body's healing. It also protects you against poisons and diseases and slows down the natural decay of the body. Those who practice it will get much older, and age far slower."
"Does this sound interesting or would you prefer something else?"
n0m34qi.png

“Val, Can I be honest wit you? I don’t know chit. What I do know I learned by myself or from before I was Jedi.”

He remembered a time where he forced to spend nearly a week in a deprivation chamber, no light, no sound, no food, no water, just nothingness. Nothing until he learned how to make The Force his everything.

“Something feels…off. Like The Force is trying to tell me that something is coming. Something I should be ready for.”

He remembered the storm. Full of life and full of danger all covered in darkness.

“I don’t know how to be ready. I don’t know how I would help. The students here have you and they have each other. I don’t got chit. I need to be able to stand on my own, I don't have a choice. Can you help me? Just like at all? Whatever you can do, I’m willing to try.”

I can’t be helpless again. He thought.

n0m34qi.png
She could feel her heart melt when the boy opened up and explained how he really felt. He has been without guidance too long, and he felt like he stood alone even among his fellow Padawans. To some extent, she could relate to it — there was a time just after she got the scar on her face where she felt truly alone herself.
It was one of the worst kinds of pain one could feel.
"Can you help me? Just like at all? Whatever you can do, I'm willing to try."
Valery tried her best to offer a comforting smile and nodded, "I'm sorry you've felt like you've been alone in all of your training. But that's not going to be the case anymore." she said, determined to change things for him.
"I'd like you to come on an assignment with me — just us two. I will teach you something along the way, but I also want you to understand that even with your limited training, you can help make a difference out there. So that's what we're going to do."
"All you need is a willingness to try and do your best, which I know is not a problem with you at all."
n0m34qi.png

Chit. He could sense her feelings and she felt sorry for him. Why shouldn’t she? Him acting like some damn cry baby fool in front of a Jedi Master, one he didn’t even know. He was basically begging for pity.

Part of him wanted to just tell her to forget the whole thing until she mentioned going on assignment.

“What kind of assignment?” he asked with excited curiosity. Was he still embarrassed? Sure, but he was also fifteen a old boy with the chance to go do something that promised to be fun.

n0m34qi.png
Seeing some excitement from the young boy at the mention of an assignment brought a smile to her lips. It would be an opportunity for him to learn and feel more valuable as a Jedi, but she understood that it was a chance to have some fun as well. To feel the thrill of being on a mission that relied on you and whoever was with you.
"There are currently more problems out there than we have Jedi to spare to handle them. I could take you along for a task over on Ilum, but it's very cold there." She said with a faint smirk. "Or perhaps a trip into the outer rim so you gain some experience seeing more of the Galaxy."
"There is always plenty to take care of there."
n0m34qi.png

The outer rim was a wild place, much of it untamed and lawless. On many worlds in the outer rim survival was the only thing to aspire to and that was by any means necessary. It was a hive of scum and villainy, in other words…his kind of people.

“Well chit, I aint bring no ski shoes.” He laughed making his choice.

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled at his response and nodded. She wasn't overly fond of the cold either, and Ilum was extreme with its temperatures and lack of shelter against the elements. So a trip to the outer rim was definitely a lot more tempting, even though it likely meant they would find trouble in other ways.
"Alright, then I suggest we get ready. Meet me at the Landing pad in 2 hours. I'll explain where we're going along the way, and you'll be learning something new."

She offered him a smile and got up to her feet, ready to head off so she could make her own preparations. Unless, of course, he had any questions for her first.
n0m34qi.png

“Can’t wait! See you then!” he said practically running down the hall to his temporary living space.

“Chit. Shoulda asked what to bring.” he said to himself as he was tossing clothes from his closet out onto his bed. This is where the hard choices were made. He picked up a shirt, long sleeved pink turtleneck made from tauntaun wool. That chit was fire but far too expensive to wear on an assignment. He wanted to look good though, it was rare that he looked any other way but still it’d be nice to make a good impression.

After a long while he decided that Valery would be most impressed if he showed up dressed to do the job…whatever it was, so he settled on a regular pair of jeans, an older set of black sneakers, white long sleeve T and a bomb leather jacket to wear over it.

Finally at the designated time Dag showed up at the landing pad and found Val. He’d neglected to bring a lightsaber with him to Ossus so he didn’t have one now, he did however have his blaster pistol tucked into the back of his waistband and his pack slung over his shoulder. It had a change of clothes, a datapad and his commlink.

“Hey, Val! Ready when you are.” He greeted her again after their brief time apart.

n0m34qi.png
Outfit: Link!
Much like Dagos, Valery had taken the time to get changed into a different outfit as well — something that wouldn't make her stand out too much where they were traveling to. When he arrived, she looked him up and down and offered a smile and a nod of approval; he had dressed for the job too.
"You look good, ready for the job." she smiled and gestured for him to follow her.
She took him into the shuttle and settled into the pilot seat, while he'd be able to sit in the co-pilot seat. With a few flicks on a number of switches, the engines powered up and all navigational systems went online. The course was plotted and within minutes, the two Jedi were on their way.
"So in terms of the mission, we're going to Rishi. Not the prettiest place to be, but an intelligence operative who worked undercover there was compromised. We're not sure what happened to him, but our job is simple — we must find him and bring him back, whether he's still alive or not." she explained.
"I have a few leads we can follow but it's going to be dangerous territory. So don't make it obvious that we're Jedi, and try not to get separated. Any questions?"
n0m34qi.png

"You look good, ready for the job." She said to him when they met back up

“Thanks!” He beamed. He knew it would be worth taking the time.

He sat down in the co-pilot's chair as Valery got the ship up and out of atmosphere. He paid attention to each switch she flipped and button she pressed. Could be valuable to know. He’d always been taught to pay attention to the details, he didn’t have to be the biggest or the strongest to win if he saw the details, victory could be found in the margins.

“...Any questions?"

“Can I know what the nature of the operative’s mission was? What species is he? Did he complete his mission before being compromised? Can you teach me how to fly the ship?” He hoped that by sneaking that last question in after a few more mission centric ones Val would be more inclined to agree, He gave her his best pleading smile just for extra effort.

n0m34qi.png
Valery began to smile at his questions — they were all very good ones to ask — but she chuckled when he added something about learning to fly the ship. She noticed the pleading smile and after a moment, she dipped her head.
"When we leave the planet, I'll teach you a few things. Right now there isn't much to do, and I'm not starting your lesson with landing a ship." Valery said with a smirk. As much as she enjoyed teaching people how to fly, she always prioritized safety, and landing was typically seen as the most dangerous or difficult.
"As for your other questions, the Agent we're looking for is human. His mission was to infiltrate and look into a criminal group that sell weapons illegally to the wrong types. Supposedly this group is under Hutt control but a lot was unclear." she explained. "Sadly, the agent was compromised before he could deliver any data he gathered. So even if he did find something important, we don't have it."
Not long after, Valery pulled back on the hyperspace lever, and the two jumped back into real space. Ahead of them was Rishi, a planet that housed many pirates and other types of scum most preferred to avoid. But today, there mission was going to be down there.
"Ready to start our mission?"
n0m34qi.png

He smiled after she told him that he could get a flying lesson once the mission was over. Joran,a smuggler and the man he considered a second father had always promised he would teach him how to pilot but then Ragos ran away, their dad got shot and he moved to Commenor and then he joined the Jedi. For the first time he realized how long it had been since he had seen Joran Del-Finn and a sadness touched his heart for just a second before he promised himself once he learned how to fly he would just get a ship and go find his old friend and show him just how much he had learned.

He listened and took in the information she gave him about their target and the nature of his and now their mission.

"Ready to start our mission?" she asked.

“You bet.” he responded at once.

The ship broke Rishi’s atmosphere and touched down on one of the few sanctioned landing pads on the planet’s southern continent. As soon as they touched down they were surrounded by a gaggle of DUM- series repair droids. Dagos was the first down the landing ramp and shooed the droids off. He had decided that he was going to play the part of pilot in training, a smuggler in training really. For this mission he couldn’t be a jedi so he had to be someone and pretending to be a smuggler was fun even if it was just in his head.

“Things look good out here, Val. You want me to get her refueled?” he called up the ramp to his captain.

n0m34qi.png
Stepping out the ship, Valery smiled a little at the way Dagos was settling into his undercover role. With the way they looked and behaved, it wasn't going to be overly difficult to come across as convincing. Perhaps the only difficult thing to explain was his age, as he was quite young and supposedly traveling with a woman who looked like she was in her late 20's.
"Aye, get her fueled up and do a quick check around the ship to make sure nothing is off," Valery said with a nod of her head before she made her way over to whoever managed this part of the spaceport. She paid for their stay here, as well as the fuel and other maintenance costs, and then turned back to Dagos.
"I first want to head into the city and show you what it's like. Get our bearings and go from there." She spoke with a quieter tone to make sure nobody overheard them and followed along as he made his check around the ship.
"Just try not to get lost in the crowd. The city is busy and if we get separated, it will be harder to find each other. The rougher types here will also view you as a kid, and that can bring trouble."
"Speaking of which, we might need a good explanation as to why you're traveling with me. Maybe an orphan I picked up and take care of in return for some help?"
n0m34qi.png

“You Ain’t got nuttin to worry ‘bout. I lived on Nar Shaddaa until like two years ago. Crowds don’t bother me.”

He knew he would handle himself just fine in a city of any size. If Nar Shaddaa taught you anything, it taught you how to survive. Many people saw a large city as a safe place and they saw the wilds of the jungles or open ocean or deserts as places of danger. Dagos knew that living in a city, especially a big city, was really like living in the jaws of a massive beast, one wrong step and you would get eaten.

“The rough types don’t want none from me anyway.” He neglected to tell her about the blaster pistol he had brought along, hopefully they wouldn’t need it. “But I’ll stick with you, don’t worry.”

He stopped and put his attention to one of the landing gears. It was perfectly fine, he couldn’t find anything wrong with the ship, it was in great condition, maybe too good of condition to drop port on a place like this.

“An orphan? No way, Val. The dead parent thing is tired.” He said

“If anyone asks, I’ll tell ‘em to kiss a bantha and get lost.” He said not joking in the slightest.

“But if it makes you feel better, we can go with run away over orphan”

n0m34qi.png
Nar Shaddaa, huh? Well, that explained how comfortable he was on this planet, and how easily he adjusted into his role. He understood planets like Rishi, and she was quite relieved because of it — it was a lot less likely that he'd get himself in trouble or compromise the mission.
"Fine, we can go with runaway if it comes up," Valery said as she watched him inspect the ship, which was still in perfect condition from the last trip. One benefit of being a Jedi was that maintenance for shuttles or fighters was rarely a problem.
"I'm only mentioning it because we need to keep a low profile. It's better to give them a stupid excuse than anger them with confrontational comments. We're not here for ourselves — if we fail or get sidetracked, the Agent might be in even more trouble because of it." Valery said with a soft smile.
"But let's get going."
With that, Valery guided him away from the spaceport and into the rather crowded city. Just outside the large building, the two would almost directly enter a market where hundreds of people wandered around to get what they needed. Market stalls were selling food, water, and likely a lot of illegal wares too.
"My idea was to head closer towards gang territory, as the Agent was operating there," Valery explained with a hushed tone. "Or do you have any other ideas?"
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom