Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tournament of Inventors 2019

lGiI6pN.jpg

(Please see OOC thread for the Tournament here for basics of the tournament and to ask any questions. Thanks!)

Gir strolled around the corridors of the Wheel, watching as binary load-lifters frantically shuffled and unloaded crates into various laboratories and workshops around the station set up specifically for the event. Talk about last minute... A squib bedazzled in a vest of tools and shiny bobbles poked his head out and yelled in some incomprehensible language to one of the lifters. The droid quickly complied, but not before the inventor's fans saw his face. A throng of fans led by an oily rodian rushed forward, bumping into Gir as they descended on particularly popular engineer's workshop. Gir attempted to peer into the squib's transparisteel viewport to see what the squib's progress, but there where simply too many fans in the way to see much of anything. Well, I guess I'll see how the other contestants are doing...

Objective: Create something....attention grabbing
Post 1

I considered myself something of a battlefield engineer anyways. Once upon a time my Master Rasu had said it scared her a little at how I could take seemingly unimportant items on a mission and then when we were in the midst of a firefight or escape could throw something together that allowed us to complete the mission. I'd received an invite to this tournament of inventors and decided that I'd attend...if for no other reason than to vex certain Masters and provide The Silvers with some....unorthodox battlefield tactics. I was reviewing the list of materials we were provided to choose from... a smile popped onto my face as I was reviewing the technical specs of some of these materials.

An escape pod, a cryogenic hibernation chamber, case of Rathalyan firestones, tub of flexipaste, Columni hoverchair, a cask of Kri'gree, bin of common metals and electronic components along with.... oh... oh my a hibridium based cloaking device. I saw some very.....intriguing possibilities I silently wondered how much energy could be contained within these labs....some of my ideas were.....rather incendiary. I'd prefer not shattering a space station to test my ideas. Though nobody had said anything about weaponizing an escape pod being against the contest rules either.... I was glad though that the assistants I had were droids....I could always re-assemble droids. People? Mmmmm not so much.

Stepping off my ship The Morrigan I brought a datapad with me to record my experiment and creations. The timer would start per the rules for 30 hours once I was in the labs. I'd made sure to grab my case of tools to bring with me...I liked using my own tools.... Time for some....incendiary creations....

[member="Gir Quee"]

Reaching the labs I stepped inside and looking at a droid I said "Start the clock." I saw thing neatly arranged and smiling I jogged over to one of the escape pods and hopping up I triggered the hatch and after taking several measurements of the interior and comparing them the the cryogenic hibernation chamber. I smiled, triggering the chamber of the hibernation chamber. It flowered open at the top and I grinned even bigger. Typically these chambers had arms which could administer medications into the tubes. Triggering the arms I saw they did in fact do so. The tubes I opened and cracking open a crate of firestones I put two stones in each tube. To generate heat. Measuring the temperature I realized it'd slowly build until critical temperatures would occur.

Popping the tubes open I removed all but one stone. Couldn't have critical temperatures yet... cracking open the keg of Kri'gree I took a sip and then began stripping out everything of the escape pod. Pulling the electronics onto the outsides of the pod. I'd need to strip things down before I could begin assembly of the firing chamber... Once I had this monstrosity assembled I figured The Silvers would make use of it....

Objective: Create new munitions out of rubbish
Post 3

I'd stripped the hoverchair apart and pulled out the fusion power generator. From experience fusion generators in a battlefield were....bright and loud when enough stress was put on them. As it was I'd crawled inside the cryo tube and welded down the fusion power generator. I needed a source of power and after pulling out one of the atmospheric maneuvering thrusters I'd taken a small amount of Mando alcohol and flexipaste. After having mixed them together and triggering the atmospheric thruster I was rewarded with a sticking flammable gel. There was still a droid which had a bit of scorching on his top dome... and it was still burning. I watched as he put himself out with a small extinguisher.

Still a successful test of what I had planned. Having secured the fusion generator I rooted through the bin of durasteel and electronics components. I began assembling a signal receiver and transmitter out of the electronics components and after a few minutes of tinkering I'd wired a remote signal receiver into the internal wiring. After working on the arms to hold the firestones I had fused the atmospheric maneuvering jets to the cryo tank. Where what would happen now is whatever was inside the tank would be dispersed through two of the maneuvering jets. The remaining two would function normally and simply create a spinning wheel of sticking fire. Having mixed the Kri'gree and flexipaste now I had a flammable and sticky mixture to be sprayed out and subsequently ignited by the atmospheric jets when remotely triggered. The fusion core welded to the botton of the chamber would simply be triggered as well when the signal reciever came online.

Smiling I realized I had weaponized an escape pod and medical cryo tube.... I sat about repeating the process on a second set of items having the droids mix the Kri'gree and flexipaste in my EXACT measurements. I began welding down a second fusion generator and this time I stripped down a hibridium based stealth unit. From memory hibridium was....vastly unstable when it went into hyperspace, add a fusion generator which I'd intentionally messed with to work in overdrive and hypothetically one could make the same process of spinning fire top happen aboard a ship going into hyperspace. It'd function as the spinning fireball being the first stage.

The second stage would be the fusion generator going into overdrive and blowing right alongside the hibridium. With the added bit of durasteel in the chamber it'd essentially be something which could shred a vessel and also create a hyperspace capable IED. I began placing my final touches on both pods. Looking at the observation droid I said "Droid, please call the person aboard who's overseeing this inventor convention. I have a feeling he or she will like to see this in action. Also inform them I'll need a hyperspace capable vessel fitted with recording gear." The second pod was two stage and specifically for hyperspace usage. Hypothetically a well trained squad or group could bring a pod aboard a vessel. Then as the ship would flee into hyperspace.....send the signal and wait for the boom.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom